PDA

View Full Version : Eli's first pre-season

Roosevelt
08-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Does anyone remember Eli's first pre-season as a Giant? For whatever reason I don't remember seeing him or having an impression of him prior to him getting into the line-up in 2004.

Anybody?

Toadofsteel
08-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't remember that at all, but he wouldn't have been that spectacular given how his rookie season was...

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 12:14 PM
i think we played the eagles that preseason and kearse or mcdougal or some philly DL player absolutely LEVELED eli blindside.

It happened in the reg season too. I may be wrong and it only happened in the reg season but i seem to remember it happened preseason too...

ryan12
08-30-2012, 12:28 PM
if i remember he looked "skidish" some good days some bad days it was a close battle between him and warner... that hit giants420 is talking about was the 1st game eli played in reg season. i think we were getting blown out and tc put eli in and he got destroyed... when he popped up from that it i knew we had something special in him just didnt think it would take so long to show

BurnerNYG
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
i think we played the eagles that preseason and kearse or mcdougal or some philly DL player absolutely LEVELED eli blindside.

It happened in the reg season too. I may be wrong and it only happened in the reg season but i seem to remember it happened preseason too...Nope we never played the Eagles in Pre-season, that was the 1st game of the year that Warner started. He got benched in the 4th because the game was clearly over. Eli's 1st play was a handoff to Barber that went for a TD. I think the 1st preseason game was against the Chiefs and Eli had a nice pass to that kid Taylor that ended up retiring due to injury.

EliDaMANning
08-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Nope we never played the Eagles in Pre-season, that was the 1st game of the year that Warner started. He got benched in the 4th because the game was clearly over. Eli's 1st play was a handoff to Barber that went for a TD. I think the 1st preseason game was against the Chiefs and Eli had a nice pass to that kid Taylor that ended up retiring due to injury.I remember that game like it was yesterday. He got creamed but he got back up and brushed it off like nothing happened. I wouldn't expect anyone to have gotten up after that. It was that bad of a hit.

EliDaMANning
08-30-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv7DTI-kTzA