PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not like Jernigan very much?

NYG4lifeNYK
08-30-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't feel like he brings very much to the table. I don't even really know where to place him?

I my opinion he's last on the depth chart behind...everyone lol

Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Barden, Hixon

GameTime
08-30-2012, 01:01 PM
I think he has talent I just think he is too short to be that effective on a consistent basis in the Giants passing game. Unless he becomes a huge part of the return game he will be another talent with no where to go. I hope not but thats my opnion.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I think he has talent I just think he is too short to be that effective on a consistent basis in the Giants passing game. Unless he becomes a huge part of the return game he will be another talent with no where to go. I hope not but thats my opnion.

I agree he's talented but as you said his height and where does he play? He's a slot guy, how is he getting on the field?

I like all 5 our of wide outs over him,

Toadofsteel
08-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Well, if the coaches gave Barden 4 years to show up, why wouldn't they offer something similar to Jernigan?

thomsoad
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
Exactly...if they are willing to give Barden 4 years to develop...they aint about to cut JJ after 1 year.

GameTime
08-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Exactly...if they are willing to give Barden 4 years to develop...they aint about to cut JJ after 1 year.
agreed....thats why they know best usually

burier
08-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Wow.. last season we were so thin at slot reciever that we signed Brandon Stokely now we're worried about how guys are gonna get on the field?? Injuries happen.

Also I'm not ready to eat crow on Barden yet. When he runs something other than I slant I'll be impressed.

Toadofsteel
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Wow.. last season we were so thin at slot reciever that we signed Brandon Stokely now we're worried about how guys are gonna get on the field?? Injuries happen.

Also I'm not ready to eat crow on Barden yet. When he runs something other than I slant I'll be impressed.

Yeah I'm not eating the crow yet either... if he can carry it into the regular season though, then i'll be impressed as well...

GameTime
08-30-2012, 01:20 PM

+1...players do turn corners. Maybe along with continued health the light finally went on for him. Lets hope so. That would be huge.....

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 01:20 PM
JJ has Cruz in front of him really. I think JJ could be an awesome slot guy. I even think he could play out wide.

I think we'll see a lot of all the depth guys (Randle, Barden, JJ, Hixon) in different ways and personnel formations. We could see Cruz and Nicks out wide with JJ in the slot. Or Nicks and Barden/Randle outside and Cruz in the slot. We could see Bennett out wide even and in the slot. Defenses dont have a chance really bc if KG does it the way I think he will, opposing defenses will have to spend a lot of time on each and every single wr we have bc each one does have the ability to blow a game wide open...we really do have an amazing passing game. if only the run game and OL could get their **** together, we'd literally be unstoppable.

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 01:26 PM
I'd like to see them try and develop JJ into a capable underneath route runner. like since our run game kinda sucks for the most part, i'd love to see short, quick passes to JJ that he can consistently get 4 yds minimum with the ability to turn it into a big play. Maybe we could line JJ up out of the backfield in shotgun formations with Wilson and use them both in the flats. Eli could read the d presnap to see which side of the field has the advantage. Just a thought bc JJ did do that kinda stuff at Troy, line up in the backfield and stuff...

Shockeystays08
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM

I like JJ . IMO he makes the 53 no problem. The height thing is silly. Steve Smith ( Carolina) is the exact same size. Santana Moss! Percy Harvin ...........the list goes on. JJ has the best after catch potential we have except for Cruz. They are about the same. He will have many fans by seasons end. Mark that down.

Roosevelt
08-30-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't feel like he brings very much to the table. I don't even really know where to place him?

Agreed. He hasn't showed us anything.

Moke
08-30-2012, 02:44 PM
He's fast and has good movement. I honestly think he can be really effective. Almost reminds me of a faster cruz, but with less ability to make jukes and cuts

myles2424
08-30-2012, 02:46 PM
I like JJ . IMO he makes the 53 no problem. The height thing is silly. Steve Smith ( Carolina) is the exact same size. Santana Moss! Percy Harvin ...........the list goes on. JJ has the best after catch potential we have except for Cruz. They are about the same. He will have many fans by seasons end. Mark that down.

JJ best after catch potential otherthan cruz? This isn't college,I haven't seen one bit of that from him

SuperNYGiants
08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
JJ homers are delusional, Nicks breaks tackles all the time yet only Cruz is better than JJ? Give me a break.
JJ hasn't even caught a pass in a real game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gmen2005
08-30-2012, 02:55 PM
I was hoping to see more out of him the past two games. I doubt they cut him this early in his career.

Moke
08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
JJ homers are delusional, Nicks breaks tackles all the time yet only Cruz is better than JJ? Give me a break.
JJ hasn't even caught a pass in a real game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but not ONCE have I seen someone on this thread or anywhere on the forum actually that said JJ is better than Nicks.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 03:03 PM
JJ best after catch potential otherthan cruz? This isn't college,I haven't seen one bit of that from him

Then you haven't been watching....2 of his three catches were 19 and 26 yards......the 19 yard he broke at least 2 tackles and left 2-3 people in the dust....you might want to re watch

GameTime
08-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Harvin is over 5'11" and Moss and Smith out weigh JJ by 10 to 15 pounds. Eitherway.....if he turns out to be like them then OK. BUT>>>>>>Moss and Smith are the exceptions not the rule. I hope JJ turns out great but he has to be exceptional at what he does to make for his short comings....:)

NYG4lifeNYK
08-30-2012, 03:27 PM
You guys are misinterpreting what I'm saying.

I'm not saying to cut JJ... would be foolish but then again we have SO many WR's...

GameTime
08-30-2012, 03:31 PM
You guys are misinterpreting what I'm saying.

I'm not saying to cut JJ... would be foolish but then again we have SO many WR's...
I hear you. I just was chiming on on what I think of JJ. If he stays on the team I hope they find a legit use for him and exploit his skill set. If not then why bother. Potential is just that....potential. We will know soon.....

Redeyejedi
08-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I agree he's talented but as you said his height and where does he play? He's a slot guy, how is he getting on the field?

I like all 5 our of wide outs over him, He became worthless when Cruz emerged. He was supposed to be are slot guy but Victor has become maybe the best slot guy in the NFL. Basically will be fighting for situational snaps with and Barden,Hixon. I hate to say it but because I liked him but he is expendable at this point. I would consider trading him. Unless there is an injury to Cruz how does he get on the field consistently.

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 05:05 PM
well knock on wood but injuries do happen. it'd be awesome having JJ as ur fail safe...he'll get his chances and reps tho, guy will contribute.

Marvelousmik
08-30-2012, 05:23 PM

I usually dont agree with you, but i think you're money on this one. The problem i have with JJ is that i straight up dont trust his hands. Not only on punts, but on pass plays. I get nervous anytime the ball goes his way. Hes not even a gunner on special teams. If we keep him its soley because he was a 3rd last year. Not because of what he has shown the coaches. I'd much rather Douglas

myles2424
08-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Then you haven't been watching....2 of his three catches were 19 and 26 yards......the 19 yard he broke at least 2 tackles and left 2-3 people in the dust....you might want to re watch
I know this...But like I said, JJ YAC best behind Cruz? insane.....Theres a guy named Hakeem nicks that would argure that

fansince69
08-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I know this...But like I said, JJ YAC best behind Cruz? insane.....Theres a guy named Hakeem nicks that would argure that

don't ever remember saying he was better than Cruz or Nicks......but better than the rest?anything is possible....fact is NONE OF US KNOW

jomo
08-30-2012, 05:51 PM

Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Barden, HixonI might not be as strong as you in my opinion but I have thought the same thing. He reportedly had a smashing start to training camp this year and he is only a second year player and went to a small program at Troy. I'd probably give him a little more wiggle room than you.

titwio
08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
If Cruz ever gets hurt, Jernigan is the guy that can immediately step in and thrive in that slot role. That's where he fits in right now. He's solid depth and in reality he can be used to create mismatches in 4 receiver sets....he does fit in with this team.

I like Jernigan and still feel he has big upside but he's yet to jump out and make the most of his playing time (so far). He's just starting his second season though so I think he has plenty of time to prove himself and reach his potential.

ShakeandBake
08-30-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm surprised by a lot of the posts in this thread, why would we want to give up on JJ, our only slot backup to Cruz, in his second year? People are claiming he is expendable, well what about Barden who hasn't done **** for four years, or Hixon who is injury prone? If Cruz goes down, we literally have no one else for the slot, as opposed to say Nicks going down, where we have Hixon, Barden, RR, Douglas, etc who are all behind him on the depth chart. It just doesn't make sense at this point to get rid of JJ.

GCGiant
08-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm not very much like Jernigan...

TheEnigma
08-30-2012, 06:49 PM
We need to keep him around for the next season in the event that we aren't able to sign Cruz to a long term deal. Last thing we want to do is cut JJ and then not be able to keep Cruz as well. We would be back at step 1 without a slot WR.

titwio
08-30-2012, 06:52 PM
^ ^ LOL...that gif.

SuperNYGiants
08-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Why would they cut Barden now when he's finally starting to show something? Better keep him and cut JJ instead, who has shown zero, I mean at the least we know that Barden can be effective at times, with JJ he's still a big question mark. I'm aware that it's unfair to JJ that he gets less time to prove himself but this is a tough business to survive.

titwio
08-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Why would they cut Barden now when he's finally starting to show something? Better keep him and cut JJ instead, who has shown zero, I mean at the least we know that Barden can be effective at times, with JJ he's still a big question mark. I'm aware that it's unfair to JJ that he gets less time to prove himself but this is a tough business to survive.

Who says they have to cut one or the other though?

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Jernigan is a worse version of Cruz.

titwio
08-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Jernigan is a worse version of Cruz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoptofKbQ04

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank you.

miked1958
08-30-2012, 07:53 PM
I'd cut JJ and keep the kid Douglas. He's good on STs and has shown he can not only catch the ball but get lots of YAC. We can't hide him on the PS I don't think. We cut him we lose him. I'd hate to see him develope into a Welker type for someone a few yrs down the road with some seasoning while we are still waiting on JJ to show up. JJ could turn into another S. Moss.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
I'd cut JJ and keep the kid Douglas. He's good on STs and has shown he can not only catch the ball but get lots of YAC. We can't hide him on the PS I don't think. We cut him we lose him. I'd hate to see him develope into a Welker type for someone a few yrs down the road with some seasoning while we are still waiting on JJ to show up. JJ could turn into another S. Moss.

Santana Moss? good point

miked1958
08-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Santana Moss? good pointYou know I am referring to His less talented brother, lol

G.I. Ants
08-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I think you guys are going overboard comparing JJ to Moss. JJ has one year under his belt with this team, give the man a chance. The position is stocked, if he was with another team, I bet most of you would be mad that he is not apart of this team. Douglas has been impressive so far, and so has JJ.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
You know I am referring to His less talented brother, lol

I personally think JJ is closer to Santana than Sinorice....not saying he is as good as Santana but hes way better than sinorice....he was impressive the day I saw him at practice

G.I. Ants
08-30-2012, 08:16 PM
I personally think JJ is closer to Santana than Sinorice....not saying he is as good as Santana but hes way better than sinorice....he was impressive the day I saw him at practiceI honestly believe this is why JR drafted him because of this comparison. JJ & Santana were the same type players in college. I also think that is the reason why JR drafted Sinorice many years ago. The knock on Santana Moss before he entered the league was always his size, but he proved doubters wrong. I say let JJ handle special teams, he might be reminiscent of Dave Meggett.