PDA

View Full Version : Ramses Barden

BillTheGreek
08-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Show us what , Ramses "King" Barden can do ! Turn him loose !

Moke
08-30-2012, 02:13 PM
I think he proved himself in the preseason, but he can hang on like that all season long? I have no idea, and that's what I'm worried about the most.

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 02:31 PM
I have a feeling we will get to see another season of Ramses "street clothes" Barden

can't wait to see what decisions are made

lots of talent to choose from

BillTheGreek
08-30-2012, 02:36 PM
I think he proved himself in the preseason, but he can hang on like that all season long? I have no idea, and that's what I'm worried about the most.

Don't say that, let him get a chance to prove what he can do , I know we have a lot of guys to choose from , but he L@@ks real good !

Moke
08-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Don't say that, let him get a chance to prove what he can do , I know we have a lot of guys to choose from , but he L@@ks real good !

I didn't say he can't do it. I was asking the question rhetorically, and I said I am worried if he can or can't do it.

Gmen2005
08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
I just hope he can stay healthy enough to contribute. He seems to have solid hands.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 03:28 PM
He'll be the #3 for the start of the year he will show what he can do I think this year but to me Randle will wind up being more dynamic and he'll wind up being the #3.

BillTheGreek
08-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I didn't say he can't do it. I was asking the question rhetorically, and I said I am worried if he can or can't do it.

Not to worry ! He's 6' 6" I see him in the line up............................ Turn him loose !

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 03:33 PM
He'll be the #3 for the start of the year he will show what he can do I think this year but to me Randle will wind up being more dynamic and he'll wind up being the #3.

I don't see Ramses 3rd on the depth chart at any point this season

GameTime
08-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Hope this preseason was not an abberation for this kid. Hope it is stepping stone for better things to come.

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I have a feeling we will get to see another season of Ramses "street clothes" Barden

can't wait to see what decisions are made

lots of talent to choose from

It's just the unknown supported by previous under achievement. My fear is he gets a spot and then, as you say, Mr. Inactive. I hope not, but...

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 03:45 PM
It's just the unknown supported by previous under achievement. My fear is he gets a spot and then, as you say, Mr. Inactive. I hope not, but...

believe me Roa....nothing would make me more happy than to be proven wrong

but I have seen nothing different from him than I have seen since '09

just doesn't look like an NFL receiver to me

I would love for him to light it up....just don't see it

prove me wrong Ramses....prove me wrong

GameTime
08-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I dont think that will be the case. At least not for a while. IMO the #3 WR spot will be a rotation until one of "them" steps out in the fre front and becomes the consistent go to at #3. Then after that the other three will be piece meal players.

ryan12
08-30-2012, 03:46 PM
i like rames as our 4th or 5th wr big green zone target

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 03:47 PM
believe me Roa....nothing would make me more happy than to be proven wrong

but I have seen nothing different from him than I have seen since '09

just doesn't look like an NFL receiver to me

I would love for him to light it up....just don't see it

prove me wrong Ramses....prove me wrong

I have faith in the organization to do the right things based on verything they know.

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
I dont think that will be the case. At least not for a while. IMO the #3 WR spot will be a rotation until one of "them" steps out in the fre front and becomes the consistent go to at #3. Then after that the other three will be piece meal players.

I'm not big on numbering players, just suiting them up for availability. Everything changes in the regular season and what was acceptable in perseason may no longer win games. I hope every player they keep is a solid contributor. Do you think Carr will overtake Eli by game # 7?

GameTime
08-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not big on numbering players, just suiting them up for availability. Everything changes in the regular season and what was acceptable in perseason may no longer win games. I hope every player they keep is a solid contributor. Do you think Carr will overtake Eli by game # 7?
why yes....yes I do. Carr is the man.....:)
I hear you Ro and I agree but it seems that once the Giants have their offensive weapons set in stone so to speak that very few opportunities arise for the back ups. Many times one or two even inactive for a games. Maybe with this years crop of WR, which ever make the final 53, it will be different.

Napstew
08-30-2012, 03:59 PM
lol, its cracks me up how quick fans jump on and off the bandwagon. not too long ago ranmes was being bashed non-stop. if he have one bad game, the bandwagon that has appeared will fade.

Jahh
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Dude never seems to have separation. He seems to catch with a defender always draped on him.

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 04:50 PM
he sure got seperation on that td he burned pro bowl corner tillman on...

i think we may see fate align and barden has a break out game like he was in the process of having vs Dallas at home a couple years ago when he broke his ankle.
He is probably so amped for this game...I'd make sure I had plays drawn up for him for dallas, i have a feeling he is gonna be focused and playing with fire.

njsean
08-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Dude never seems to have separation. He seems to catch with a defender always draped on him.

Guy needs to watch film of Plax pushing off like a champ!

FIFTY6G-MAN
08-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Don't say that, let him get a chance to prove what he can do , I know we have a lot of guys to choose from , but he L@@ks real good !How many chances would you like him to have since you must be paying his contract?

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 05:22 PM
he sure got seperation on that td he burned pro bowl corner tillman on...

i think we may see fate align and barden has a break out game like he was in the process of having vs Dallas at home a couple years ago when he broke his ankle.
He is probably so amped for this game...I'd make sure I had plays drawn up for him for dallas, i have a feeling he is gonna be focused and playing with fire.

he burned Tillman on that slant route?

maybe you should watch it again

when in man coverage you can only cover one route at a time

Ramses gave him an outside move which Tillman has to honor because of Bardens size....then Barden cut back to the slant and Tillman still had decent coverage

you ever try to cover a slant manned up?......one of the hardest routes in all of football to cover

in no way shape or form was that Ramses burning anyone

myles2424
08-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Show us what , Ramses "King" Barden can do ! Turn him loose !
I hope he gets a fair chance to prove himself this season....but lets please not hand out nicknames yet...

GMENAGAIN
08-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Never been a big Barden fan, but I must admit that he has shown glimpses in the last few games that he might become a serviceable WR. Hasn't really shown that up until now . . . . .

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 05:34 PM
If anything, I see Barden as a red zone receiver.

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 05:44 PM

Ramses gave him an outside move which Tillman has to honor because of Bardens size....then Barden cut back to the slant and Tillman still had decent coverage

you ever try to cover a slant manned up?......one of the hardest routes in all of football to cover

in no way shape or form was that Ramses burning anyone

well i disagree. barden sold the fade well and got tillman completely turned around. barden was able to make the play on the ball without any worry from tillman. it was as barden was securing the catch that tillman impacted barden. i dunno, its subjective.
i considered it barden burning tillman badly. yeah i get that whole explanation about covering a slant is hard and this and that, but bottom line, barden straight beat tillman 1v1.

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Barden just needs playing time. Once he gets it, he be fine. Yet staying healthy is key as usual.

Bigbluefan77
08-30-2012, 05:57 PM
if anything his preseason performance has bought him a little more time to develop
everyone has to remember here, hes coming from a D2 school as well it takes time to be a decent WR from any college program, let alone a small school

BillTheGreek
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
If anything, I see Barden as a red zone receiver.

Very True !

BillTheGreek
08-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I hope he gets a fair chance to prove himself this season....but lets please not hand out nicknames yet...

YOUR RIGHT ! I was To premature, I gave him that nickname after Ramses the Great, who was the third Egyptian pharaoh, also for his size ! I guess he will have to earn it. On Wed.

mcillo
08-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Barden`s not necessarily doing anything different, they`re just throwing it to him more - while MB scouts claim he`s stepping up. He`s catching everything including slants 3 feet behind him. Good for him and too bad for the guys who had him traded two days ago for a fifth or simply cut.

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 01:01 AM
I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt cause he was always hurt now I need to see more but with basically his 1st offseason playing and getting on the same page with Eli could pay dividens for this team while Randle gets a little more accustomed to the offense. If he gets it down even a little will be great.
Eli never really had an endzone threat except Plax in my eyes and with Randle Barden, and Bennet wow what defense is going to stop Eli from throwing a TD.Let me be clear so some people don't get mad I know Nicks and Cruz are threats in the endzone but are smaller with less space to operate.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 01:01 AM
if anything his preseason performance has bought him a little more time to develop
everyone has to remember here, hes coming from a D2 school as well it takes time to be a decent WR from any college program, let alone a small school
everyone who hates on him overlooks that point.

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 02:10 AM
what's up with this dude trying to send people penis links?This is the second time I saw this weird?

mainefan
08-31-2012, 02:24 AM

in no way shape or form was that Ramses burning anyoneYou are getting close to eat some crow. I told you I'd check back with you some time back. I don't really think you'd be happy if he performed very well. It is more important that you be proven right.

YATittle1962
08-31-2012, 02:34 AM
You are getting close to eat some crow. I told you I'd check back with you some time back. I don't really think you'd be happy if he performed very well. It is more important that you be proven right.

eating crow?
why because he caught 2 slants and a skinny post ?

believe me I want the kid to do well

I just don't think he has what it takes to play at a high level in this league

been watching him closely since he was drafted and have seen nothing that tells me he has anything to offer this team

and the amount of street clothes he wears on game day tells me that others feel that way as well

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 02:46 AM
ya, if i were to ask u how far along a wr from a div 2 school who was injured 2 of his 3 yrs should be, what would be your response?

GMan-67
08-31-2012, 04:50 AM
I just hope he can stay healthy enough to contribute. He seems to have solid hands.

yeah this, he's shown flashes before, but then he always needed to hail a golf cart to get off the field

Rat_bastich
08-31-2012, 04:52 AM
what's up with this dude trying to send people penis links?This is the second time I saw this weird?

Is it Weatherford again sending locker room tweets? I thought they took care of that.

GMan-67
08-31-2012, 04:58 AM
Is it Weatherford again sending locker room tweets? I thought they took care of that.

maybe Chris Cooley, he's got more free time now

Rat_bastich
08-31-2012, 05:02 AM
maybe Chris Cooley, he's got more free time now

Reminds me...is Harooni taking a break or something? Usually he has some insight to throw around in all these posts that have been going around...especially the crazy ones.

giantyankee1976
08-31-2012, 07:11 AM

to me Hixon is your 3. based upon his experience.

Barden, in theory, was supposed to be the Plax replacement, a big target in the Greenzone. If he makes the team I can see him being used in situations just like that.

Double R, appears to be similar to Mannigham and NOT only because of the jersey number. He seems like he can become that guy who can be a deep threat and thus draw potential attention which obviously helps Nicks and Cruz.

Jernell J. is the guy that to me has a lot to prove. He could have been a KR/PR but seems like he is not quite concentrating when he has his chances.

YATittle1962
08-31-2012, 12:23 PM
ya, if i were to ask u how far along a wr from a div 2 school who was injured 2 of his 3 yrs should be, what would be your response?

my response would be .....he should be a FA

Joe Morrison
08-31-2012, 12:40 PM

Barden, in theory, was supposed to be the Plax replacement, a big target in the Greenzone. If he makes the team I can see him being used in situations just like that.

Double R, appears to be similar to Mannigham and NOT only because of the jersey number. He seems like he can become that guy who can be a deep threat and thus draw potential attention which obviously helps Nicks and Cruz.

Jernell J. is the guy that to me has a lot to prove. He could have been a KR/PR but seems like he is not quite concentrating when he has his chances.
Jernell is reminding me a lot of Sinorce Moss.

mainefan
08-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Moss is gone. Jernigan is our new poster boy for bust.

sethm
08-31-2012, 02:08 PM

You can not coach height. Put that in an accurate route runner with better than average hands and defenses have to account for that threat over the middle. Hixon will see time at 4 wides RR will have his snaps but he still has to learn the system cold so he and Eli are always on the same page. That said Cruz learned the system very quickly and Manning trusted him early so there is a chance that RR could push Barden for starting wide out as well.

Mod_C
08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
You can not coach height. Put that in an accurate route runner with better than average hands and defenses have to account for that threat over the middle. Hixon will see time at 4 wides RR will have his snaps but he still has to learn the system cold so he and Eli are always on the same page. That said Cruz learned the system very quickly and Manning trusted him early so there is a chance that RR could push Barden for starting wide out as well.

We've been here with Barden before. Is it for real this time? We just don't know yet but we certainly all hope so because we let go of some talented receivers to keep him on the roster.

Toadofsteel
08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Moss is gone. Jernigan is our new poster boy for bust.

Now that Barden actually showed up to play, that is...

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't see Ramses 3rd on the depth chart at any point this seasonI dont see a whole lot of value from him. When U go 3 wide we need a Z receiver so Cruz can slide inside. Barden cant run a 9 route.Hixon and Randle can. Barden will be rotated in but I dont think he will have consistent snaps unless god forbid someone gets hurt. Barden is a Giant slot receiver with no YAC ability. I want Cruz and Nicks hitting on those slants because they make guys miss. Certain situations it will be alright but not as a first option 3rd WR.

BillTheGreek
09-01-2012, 12:09 AM
OK ... Ramses Barden is IN ! .........I know a lot of you have your Doubts about him ....... I still say Eli needs a BIG Target in the Red Zone or the Green Zone or any other place on the playing field..........He's 6 Ft. 6" I say he will deliver, given the chance.
GO GIANTS !

appodictic
09-01-2012, 12:16 AM
I think Barden he had a Cruz like pre-season. I admit to not being high on him before but he ran nice routes and made nice catches. Not just "fade in the end zone" stuff, but some nice route running. Catches with the hands not the body. That chicago game was against 1st team defenders. I am optimistic for him. All he has to do as a third receiver is catch balls, cruz and nicks on the field drawing coverage, will get him single/soft coverage often.

BillTheGreek
09-01-2012, 12:25 AM
I think Barden he had a Cruz like pre-season. I admit to not being high on him before but he ran nice routes and made nice catches. Not just "fade in the end zone" stuff, but some nice route running. Catches with the hands not the body. That chicago game was against 1st team defenders. I am optimistic for him. All he has to do as a third receiver is catch balls, cruz and nicks on the field drawing coverage, will get him single/soft coverage often.
I Agree ! Well said ......................................GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miked1958
09-01-2012, 12:41 AM
I think he proved himself in the preseason, but he can hang on like that all season long? I have no idea, and that's what I'm worried about the most.He better do well, he took spot from Douglas/depalma/Stanback. All seemed to show flashes of being nfl WRs

YATittle1962
09-01-2012, 01:28 AM
I dont see a whole lot of value from him. When U go 3 wide we need a Z receiver so Cruz can slide inside. Barden cant run a 9 route.Hixon and Randle can. Barden will be rotated in but I dont think he will have consistent snaps unless god forbid someone gets hurt. Barden is a Giant slot receiver with no YAC ability. I want Cruz and Nicks hitting on those slants because they make guys miss. Certain situations it will be alright but not as a first option 3rd WR.

agreed 100%

RagTime Blue
09-01-2012, 01:31 AM
I'll say this much about Barden. . .he's got great self-preservation instincts. Hopefully he won't get too comfortable and will stay hungry in there. Confident, yes. Comfortable, no.

JJC7301
09-01-2012, 01:38 AM
It'll be his last chance, so he'd better make the most of it. I'd be willing to bet that there were some of those guys who were cut today, like Douglas, who management came this [] close to keeping over Barden. I've defended Barden, so I hope that he actually does something finally.

BillTheGreek
09-01-2012, 01:45 AM
He better do well, he took spot from Douglas/depalma/Stanback. All seemed to show flashes of being nfl WRs

I like Douglas a lot........Sorry to see him go ! Lets hope Barden can Deliver................This is his Last chance !