PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Randle SMH.....

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I know he's a rookie but every since the 2nd preseason game he just looks I don't wanna say he it, here it goes..... looked lazy in route running blocking not catching the ball and returning it, I mean show some fire man I'm a fan of Randle and I want him to win the job but he's got to fight through some things

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 01:52 PM
he is learning ...he is green

I am sure he will get an ear full while watching last nights film

he gave up on a simple slant that he should have run through

he is not playing to his body size at the moment.....he will

he needs to learn a bit more from Nicks how to use his big body to his advantage

he will be fine and will probably eventually be our #3 this season....if he doesn't start there Wed.

TrueBlue@NYC
08-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I honestly think they start Barden on Weds. He's played well all pre-season, is playing for his job and has been in the system a while.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 01:57 PM
he is learning ...he is green

I am sure he will get an ear full while watching last nights film

he gave up on a simple slant that he should have run through

he is not playing to his body size at the moment.....he will

he needs to learn a bit more from Nicks how to use his big body to his advantage

he will be fine and will probably eventually be our #3 this season....if he doesn't start there Wed. I think he'll be fine too and maybe I'm being to hard cause I think he wins the #3 1/2 through the year but if there is one thing I can't stand is lack of effort he does everything good as WR right now but he could be great if he just beast out and go the extra mile. It's just that sometimes he's got that " I got it" attitude. He reminds me of Nicks but Nicks has always been a beast even in college.

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 01:57 PM
huh? randle has looked damn good for a 2nd round rookie wr...he looked sharp vs chicago...no one looked good last night.

Moke
08-30-2012, 01:58 PM
I honestly think they start Barden on Weds. He's played well all pre-season, is playing for his job and has been in the system a while.

To be honest... almost sounds like a good idea to have Barden play on Wednesdays game to see if he can transfer his preseason play into a season game - almost like a 5th preseason game.

Otherwise, don't play him if you aren't that confident and have him play against Tampa. I know no game is easy, but if you want to test him, you rather have it against Tampa than Dallas.

Gmen2005
08-30-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't expect much the first few games. He went from an offense that I don't think used him very often to one of the most complex offenses in the NFL. Give him time, he'll figure it out eventually. He has loads of talent.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 02:02 PM
huh? randle has looked damn good for a 2nd round rookie wr...he looked sharp vs chicago...no one looked good last night. Look I'm not saying he did terrible but I just want him to how can I put you say the effort from Wilson right , do that on a more consitant basis I know he'll do it even this season I just got a little pissed that I didn't see more outta him last night.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't expect much the first few games. He went from an offense that I don't think used him very often to one of the most complex offenses in the NFL. Give him time, he'll figure it out eventually. He has loads of talent. Yeah this is exactly what I'm thinking I know he'llbe a beast once he starts making a lot more plays and see's that he has a great QB throwing him the ball the kid going to be a stud maybe I overreacted but I expect big things from him even if it is preseason.

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 02:07 PM
he is on the bench on my fantasy team

thats how much of a sleeper I think he is going to be

this kid will contribute this season for sure

GameTime
08-30-2012, 02:09 PM
I know he's a rookie but every since the 2nd preseason game he just looks I don't wanna say he it, here it goes..... looked lazy in route running blocking not catching the ball and returning it, I mean show some fire man I'm a fan of Randle and I want him to win the job but he's got to fight through some things
I think he is playing more tentitive then lazy at this point

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 02:13 PM
I think he is playing more tentitive then lazy at this point Yes that's the perfect word I didn't want to say lazy cause I know he's not that is the word I'm looking for

fansince69
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
I think he is playing more tentitive then lazy at this point

you mean like a rookie that is just getting his feet wet and trying to adapt to the speed of the NFL?

I can't understand why he is not as good as Jerry Rice

DVision
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't think it's laziness! He's doing a lot of thinking which is not enabling him to play full speed. Gilbride mentioned this before. He'll get it eventually. No matter how NFL-ready he is, I'm pretty sure there's a HUGE difference between the LSU and Giants playbooks!

GameTime
08-30-2012, 02:16 PM
you mean like a rookie that is just getting his feet wet and trying to adapt to the speed of the NFL?

I can't understand why he is not as good as Jerry Rice
was in response to another post about him being lazy. Of course I think he would play tentitve. Its not second nature to him yet.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 02:18 PM
was in response to another post about him being lazy. Of course I think he would play tentitve. Its not second nature to him yet.

I probably should have worded it different....I was agreeing with you....my comments are more geared toward people on here that think a rookie should walk onto the field and be a hall of famer....no clue that these kids need time to develop...prince and JJ come to mind as others like this

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM
I probably should have worded it different....I was agreeing with you....my comments are more geared toward people on here that think a rookie should walk onto the field and be a hall of famer....no clue that these kids need time to develop...prince and JJ come to mind as others like this No one said that he should be a hall of famer Jerry Rice but we all would like to see him be a full go I mean Wilson did that didn't he?

fansince69
08-30-2012, 02:24 PM
No one said that he should be a hall of famer Jerry Rice but we all would like to see him be a full go I mean Wilson did that didn't he?

YUPP you are right

GameTime
08-30-2012, 02:25 PM
I probably should have worded it different....I was agreeing with you....my comments are more geared toward people on here that think a rookie should walk onto the field and be a hall of famer....no clue that these kids need time to develop...prince and JJ come to mind as others like this
gotcha......NFL ready out of college doesnt mean NFL ready for game day just as you said

fansince69
08-30-2012, 02:27 PM
gotcha......NFL ready out of college doesnt mean NFL ready for game day just as you said

I am glad someone else gets this....probably the one thing one these boards that really upsets me is this unfair expectation of a rookie.....sometimes even a 2nd or 3rd year player...they all catch on differently

GameTime
08-30-2012, 02:33 PM
I am glad someone else gets this....probably the one thing one these boards that really upsets me is this unfair expectation of a rookie.....sometimes even a 2nd or 3rd year player...they all catch on differently
no doubt...The rookie in a skill position that has immediate impact as a pro is the exception and not the rule. Sometimes even through mistakes you can see if a player has it or not. As fans sometimes that veiw is clouded in draft sequence or hype. Its human nature unfortunately.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I am glad someone else gets this....probably the one thing one these boards that really upsets me is this unfair expectation of a rookie.....sometimes even a 2nd or 3rd year player...they all catch on differently Listen I get what you mean to but when the coaches have said this kid was tearing up camp and is NFL ready you kind of expect him to be full go and fight through thing by no means do I expect him to do what Cruz did last year but when you get room to run on return take it when you get a slant pattern if you drop it, it's ok but fight through. Like I said I understand he's a rookie and I expect great things from him but the " tentative" thing worries mean a little.

GameTime
08-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Listen I get what you mean to but when the coaches have said this kid was tearing up camp and is NFL ready you kind of expect him to be full go and fight through thing by no means do I expect him to do what Cruz did last year but when you get room to run on return take it when you get a slant pattern if you drop it, it's ok but fight through. Like I said I understand he's a rookie and I expect great things from him but the " tentative" thing worries mean a little.
as we all know the Giants offensive playbook and schemes are complicated and a specific thought process has to go with them. He may have to "untrain" himself to what he would do in a situation and try to know what the scheme or Eli will do. Right now RR has to "think" about what he wants to do. Soon he will just "do it" by nature. Nothing wrong with tentive if its only temporary. Right now you can only think he will get and then and only then can he fight throught stuff at full speed.

Redeyejedi
08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
i thought he looked against the Bears. The only receiver that looked good against the Pats was Barden. he was the only 1 that played with fire and intensity. Everybody else sleepwalked through that game. I like what Ive seen of Randle this preseason I can see the talent

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 03:00 PM
as we all know the Giants offensive playbook and schemes are complicated and a specific thought process has to go with them. He may have to "untrain" himself to what he would do in a situation and try to know what the scheme or Eli will do. Right now RR has to "think" about what he wants to do. Soon he will just "do it" by nature. Nothing wrong with tentive if its only temporary. Right now you can only think he will get and then and only then can he fight throught stuff at full speed. This is a great point yes you are right I think he get it soon enough maybe he does have to get rid of some tendancies it just bothered me a little bit but I think he'll be fine.

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Other players have to be tested so Reuben maybe didn't run hard cause he knew the ball wasn't going to him.

Cloud57
08-30-2012, 03:37 PM
unlike manningham RR is a lot slower

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
rr is actually faster than MM at least at RR's proday...just fyi

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 03:45 PM
and rr will likely give us 1000x what MM gave us his rookie year. MM was a great giant tho so RR does have some shoes to fill...I believe he will and then some

penguinfarmer
08-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't know how you can compare the transition of a RB to a WR into the pros.

Not to mention, a lot of other guys who tore it up during camp, aren't on the team right now. Randle will be fine. If you feel like he didn't play to your expectations, then I think the err is in your expectations.

miked1958
08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
He has a bad habit of catching the ball and retreating to try and gain more yards and often loses 5/10 from where he caught it or where he was returning a kick from

fansince69
08-30-2012, 09:03 PM
He has a bad habit of catching the ball and retreating to try and gain more yards and often loses 5/10 from where he caught it or where he was returning a kick from

Manningham used to do that early in his career too

penguinfarmer
08-30-2012, 09:05 PM
As did Hakeem

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 09:32 PM
I don't know how you can compare the transition of a RB to a WR into the pros.

Not to mention, a lot of other guys who tore it up during camp, aren't on the team right now. Randle will be fine. If you feel like he didn't play to your expectations, then I think the err is in your expectations. Sorry but I think he has reached my expectations cause I seen what he can do. And they usually say you can plug a wr and a rb right out of college and they can step right in my expectation are not for him to be Victor Cruz my expectations are for him to be better or as good as Manninham.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Sorry but I think he has reached my expectations cause I seen what he can do. And they usually say you can plug a wr and a rb right out of college and they can step right in my expectation are not for him to be Victor Cruz my expectations are for him to be better or as good as Manninham.

you expect him to be as good or better than Manningham is right now straight out of college?
wr on the giants offense is very complicated...you expect way to much

Eli2Shockey4aTD
08-30-2012, 09:47 PM
If he wants the ball from manning he will learn fast you always play. No Divas under a veteran Manning with 2 SBs. Plax no More.

Drez
08-30-2012, 09:48 PM
and rr will likely give us 1000x what MM gave us his rookie year. MM was a great giant tho so RR does have some shoes to fill...I believe he will and then some
To be fair, wasn't MM injured most of his rookie year?

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
To be fair, wasn't MM injured most of his rookie year? No. he was just very stupid. Took him 3 years to learn the playbook. He still ran backwards at points last year.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 10:04 PM
you expect him to be as good or better than Manningham is right now straight out of college?
wr on the giants offense is very complicated...you expect way to much Please show me where I said I expect him to be Manningham right now? I know you used to play football and I don't know as much as you but in the future to be more clear yes I expect him to be as good or better then Manningham calm down dude if you go back and read I said it was a little worrisome how he didn't do certain things that's all I said from the get go this kid will be a stud and still think he's going to be , but he was a little tentative that is all

fansince69
08-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Sorry but I think he has reached my expectations cause I seen what he can do. And they usually say you can plug a wr and a rb right out of college and they can step right in my expectation are not for him to be Victor Cruz my expectations are for him to be better or as good as Manninham.

I read this....I am not sure how else to read that...if I misread I apologize

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I read this....I am not sure how else to read that...if I misread I apologize Yeah where does it say right now? I'm just saying down the road yes I expect him to be as good or better then Manningham what's wrong with that? What are your expectations for him down the road my expectation for him Down the road aren't to loffty I think. I don't know maybe I'm wrong.

BigBlueCrew22
08-30-2012, 10:31 PM

i rather see barden on wednesday rueben loooked bad all pre-season, i reallly he plays up to the potential he was given.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 10:32 PM
i rather see barden on wednesday rueben loooked bad all pre-season, i reallly he plays up to the potential he was given. Watch out I got hammered for saying something not even that bad.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah where does it say right now? I'm just saying down the road yes I expect him to be as good or better then Manningham what's wrong with that? What are your expectations for him down the road my expectation for him Down the road aren't to loffty I think. I don't know maybe I'm wrong.

when i said right now...there was a question mark...meaning i was asking if that's what you meant.....I expect him to be better than manningham eventually.....i guess we agree

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 10:55 PM
when i said right now...there was a question mark...meaning i was asking if that's what you meant.....I expect him to be better than manningham eventually.....i guess we agree My bad man I should've been more clear as to what I was trying to get across, but let's beat the cowboys down this Wednesday!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 11:43 PM

who usually says u can plug in a rookie wr or rb right out of college and they can step right in? bc whoever is saying that is full of it. top 10 picks yeah, maybe even the 1rst rounders if ur lucky. but any rookie coming in and lighting preseason and the reg season up is the exception not the rule.

and did someone really say randle had a terrible preseason???? wow

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 11:54 PM
who usually says u can plug in a rookie wr or rb right out of college and they can step right in? bc whoever is saying that is full of it. top 10 picks yeah, maybe even the 1rst rounders if ur lucky. but any rookie coming in and lighting preseason and the reg season up is the exception not the rule.

and did someone really say randle had a terrible preseason???? wowI never said that he was terrible and yes I've heard Kiper, Mcshay Dilfer Jaws, and many experts say the best suited players to come right into the NFL and contribute right away are WR's and RB's. They said cause the game has changed so much that it's more of a passing league now and teams run more 3 WR sets and spread teams out so they get to contribute sooner and that the running backs usually play when the are younger cause the don't have a long of careers as they used to and that they are better at catching the ball now then in the past

giantsfan420
08-30-2012, 11:56 PM
go ahead and name me the starting wrs and rbs outside of rd 1 from this class...

fansince69
08-31-2012, 12:03 AM
go ahead and name me the starting wrs and rbs outside of rd 1 from this class...

gotta love unrealistic expectations ...don't ya?

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:09 AM
go ahead and name me the starting wrs and rbs outside of rd 1 from this class...Dude I'm just going by what the so called experts say RR to me after watching him in college did you not think he was NFL ready? do you think he is ready to contribute? Didn't you say that he would contribute more then Manningham did his rookie season this season, we're talking a should've been a 1st round pick in my eyes and in yours If I take out the whole 1st round then how the hell am I supposed to make an arguement.

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:14 AM
gotta love unrealistic expectations ...don't ya?There you go again putting words into my mouth just stop with that please it's not my fault you got low expectations for him do I expect him to be great yes and you should too whether it's right now or down the road I don't care the sooner the better stop trying to say that I wanted him to be Jerry Rice cause I never said that. I said I wanted him to be better then Manningham, I said one little thing that bothered me and that was it. something he can fix get off the expectation thing man for real.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Dude I'm just going by what the so called experts say RR to me after watching him in college did you not think he was NFL ready? do you think he is ready to contribute? Didn't you say that he would contribute more then Manningham did his rookie season this season, we're talking a should've been a 1st round pick in my eyes and in yours If I take out the whole 1st round then how the hell am I supposed to make an arguement.

i've said all those things and agree with them. nfl ready doesnt mean he's automatically starting. we have nicks n cruz n guys who were also drafted high who've been here longer. he'll be the 3 by midseason and get plenty of reps up til then.
MM had 3 catches his rookie season iirc...

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 12:23 AM
and im not trying to be offensive, im just stating my position and why i feel certain aspects of ur claim is slightly off.

njersey
08-31-2012, 12:43 AM

What does "SMH" stand for?

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:44 AM
What does "SMH" stand for? shaking my head

njersey
08-31-2012, 12:47 AM
shaking my head

Why not just answer the question, Skippy?

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:49 AM
why not just answer the question, skippy? lol idk ytm lol?

njersey
08-31-2012, 12:51 AM
lol idk ytm lol?

Whatever. I guess you are smarter than me. Such wit cannot be overcome.

davepc
08-31-2012, 12:51 AM
Lazy? Really? I think he looked gritty and scrappy and full of heart.

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:58 AM
i've said all those things and agree with them. nfl ready doesnt mean he's automatically starting. we have nicks n cruz n guys who were also drafted high who've been here longer. he'll be the 3 by midseason and get plenty of reps up til then.
MM had 3 catches his rookie season iirc... This is the thing step right in to you means right away from the start of the season I guess and step right in to me means that he can contribute and contribute fairly well this season that's all I'm saying. If he "steps in" this season and takes over the #3 don't you think he is NFL ready? It's just a figurative speech I don't mean it literally, cause I know what kind of coach t.c. is. I think the experts just mean that they can contribute to team year 1 no matter if it's day one or mid-way through the season.

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 01:00 AM
Lazy? Really? I think he looked gritty and scrappy and full of heart.Your late to the party bro been through that already didn't mean lazy poor choice of words

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Whatever. I guess you are smarter than me. Such wit cannot be overcome.I mean no disrespect I just don't know if your serious or not

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 01:34 AM
Why not just answer the question, Skippy?

haha, no SMH means shaking my head

penguinfarmer
08-31-2012, 06:24 AM
I never said that he was terrible and yes I've heard Kiper, Mcshay Dilfer Jaws, and many experts say the best suited players to come right into the NFL and contribute right away are WR's and RB's. They said cause the game has changed so much that it's more of a passing league now and teams run more 3 WR sets and spread teams out so they get to contribute sooner and that the running backs usually play when the are younger cause the don't have a long of careers as they used to and that they are better at catching the ball now then in the past

You misheard them. No one says the WR position is one to smoothly transition to from the collegiate levels as it is probably second to QB as most difficult offensive position to adapt to, especially if coming from a spread. Now Randle was coming from a situation where he ran closer to the full route tree in college, but even his situation was in flux for most of the season. LSU was swapping between Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson and the speed option. Now you're throwing him into one of the most complex offenses in Gilbride's read and react.

If you honestly expected him to have an impact in his first four NFL looks like he did in college, then yes, the err is in your expectations. You're free to make this thread in year 3 or 4. Shoot, make it after year 1 or 2. Anything four months from his actual draft date is inane.

fansince69
08-31-2012, 06:40 AM
There you go again putting words into my mouth just stop with that please it's not my fault you got low expectations for him do I expect him to be great yes and you should too whether it's right now or down the road I don't care the sooner the better stop trying to say that I wanted him to be Jerry Rice cause I never said that. I said I wanted him to be better then Manningham, I said one little thing that bothered me and that was it. something he can fix get off the expectation thing man for real.

You should stop being paranoid...lol

this was not directed to you....It was directed to the fans(Not all but many) on this message board that do have unrealistic expectations of players coming out of college.......Too many believe that just because a player is drafted that he will walk onto the field and be a star...if he's not he is labeled a bust...Most NFL players take 2, sometimes 3 seasons to become competent players let alone stars....in fact the number of players drafted that even see significant playing time their first year is extremely low(except possibly on special teams)

the exception to this usually being high draft picks.....which if you think about it are generally considered the most talented 10 or so people drafted and usually taken by the poorer teams ,,meaning less talent on that team to start with.....I am not saying that all of them become stars or even productive....but to judge any NFL player a bust after a couple of seasons is really foolish

..I would go on because this is really my pet peeve..I can give many examples of players that fit this mold......but anyone whose reading this and still does not understand what I am saying probably never will

Cool Papa B.
08-31-2012, 07:56 AM
I think RR is a rookie learning the system and getting use to the speed, hits and coverages in the NFL.

But once he gets it, I think he will be a beast. His upside isn't MM, it Nicks. He's deceptively fast and strong. He could do a lot of damage to an opposing teams secondary after he gets his feet wet.