PDA

View Full Version : Coe

ImElectric2
08-30-2012, 01:57 PM
How did he look in coverage last night? Should we be confident in his abilities should Prince be out week 1?

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 02:05 PM
I think Coe is a good player

as well as Tryon

if the pass rushers can stay healthy the DBs we have will be fine

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 02:07 PM
I think Coe is a good player

as well as Tryon

if the pass rushers can stay healthy the DBs we have will be fine

Tryon was all over the place last night

SuperNYGiants
08-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Coe seems more stable, Tryon is more dynamic but also more risky. But if these two aren't any better than Amukamara, I'm not that confident.

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM
I like Coe a lot he was physical with the WR's right of the line has speed ,seems fundamentally sound with tackling.

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Tryon was all over the place last night

the kid played his tail off last night

we are lucky to have someone who plays with such reckless abandon at that position

I think he will play a major role in this defense

ImElectric2
08-30-2012, 02:15 PM
The little of the game I saw was bits of the first half and I did see Tyron make a play, but his back was to the ball and it seemed more lucky than that he made it happen due to skill. It was just one play so I'm not basing my opinion of him on that one instance, just stating what I noticed.

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 02:17 PM
The little of the game I saw was bits of the first half and I did see Tyron make a play, but his back was to the ball and it seemed more lucky than that he made it happen due to skill. It was just one play so I'm not basing my opinion of him on that one instance, just stating what I noticed.

I remember the play you are talking about.

a DB does not have to see the ball to make a play.

they are coached ...when they have their back to the ball to watch the receivers hands....and when they go up....get your hand between them and make a play

it's not always about knowing where the ball is

ImElectric2
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM
I remember the play you are talking about.a DB does not have to see the ball to make a play.they are coached ...when they have their back to the ball to watch the receivers hands....and when they go up....get your hand between them and make a playit's not always about knowing where the ball isYeah, I actually thought to myself that it looked like he played the receivers hands/eyes which I thought was kinda smart but also thought its the type of thing that could get him in trouble if he relies on that too much. I'll never claim to know how and to what these guys are coached to but if you're saying that's a tool they're told to work with I'll buy it. Makes me more comfortable with the tactic.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 02:23 PM
I remember the play you are talking about.

a DB does not have to see the ball to make a play.

they are coached ...when they have their back to the ball to watch the receivers hands....and when they go up....get your hand between them and make a play

it's not always about knowing where the ball is

exactly

AS a corner back in hs we were taught to read the receivers eyes...you cant turn to look at the qb or you've lost your man...you have to read the receiver

YATittle1962
08-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I actually thought to myself that it looked like he played the receivers hands/eyes which I thought was kinda smart but also thought its the type of thing that could get him in trouble if he relies on that too much. I'll never claim to know how and to what these guys are coached to but if you're saying that's a tool they're told to work with I'll buy it. Makes me more comfortable with the tactic.

for sure it is what they are coached to do

you cannot always know where the ball is ....you have to read the man you are covering ...... especially in man coverage

read the receivers body .....watch his hips and read his hands and use good timing

I was a D lineman.....but I have been in my share of DB meetings :)

ImElectric2
08-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I played pop warner and freshman ball for about 9 years total as a offensive guard and d tackle but I never really thought to pay attention to the other groups or what they were taught because I was young and my mind wasn't really there if you know what I mean. It does make sense though to play the WR I just don't really understand how a fast athletic guy will play his position as I've always been a slow mauler....full steam ahead, over power who's in front of you type guy.

bklyn1028
08-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Секта засняла реальное лишение девственности. Видео: лишение девственности (http://trahnet.ru/).

Thats a good point!

BigJ
08-30-2012, 09:42 PM
They both are terrible, id be very surprised if they did good during the dallas game. Im sure one of the first posts after the game next Wed. is gonna be about how terrible our corners looked. I have no confidence in either of them going against Dez or Austin.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
08-30-2012, 09:44 PM
They both are terrible, id be very surprised if they did good during the dallas game. Im sure one of the first posts after the game next Wed. is gonna be about how terrible our corners looked. I have no confidence in either of them going against Dez or Austin.

Dez, Austin, and Witten all not healthy. I am not worried especially with Romo running for his life. Our CBs will be fine. Webster will have one shut down anyways.

G4L
08-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Dez, Austin, and Witten all not healthy. I am not worried especially with Romo running for his life. Our CBs will be fine. Webster will have one shut down anyways.
Exactly - Webster Island and give help to whoever gets the start - Coe or Tryon. It may be Hosley opposite Web with Coe or Tryon playing the slot in the nickel.

BigJ
08-30-2012, 10:10 PM
I know about Witten but i did not know about Dez and Austin bein unhealthy

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:33 AM
The question is who do you think starts in place of Prince Tryon or Coe? I really like Coe while is not as big makes up with speed and being physical with guys did you see him on Marshall he was like a letch lol slapping at the ball and everything I liked Coe a lot but for once it would be nice to have have a steady #2 along with Webster

Antwuan
08-31-2012, 12:35 AM
I think Coe has been solid in preseason.

Do you guys think Michael Coe is better than Aaron Ross?

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:43 AM
I think Coe has been solid in preseason.

Do you guys think Michael Coe is better than Aaron Ross?Idk it's hard to say right now but if Coe plays like he did in the preseason then yes, who would you rather have start Tryon or Coe?

davepc
08-31-2012, 12:56 AM
The starters at DB don't really matter if our DEs are doing their job.

Antwuan
08-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Idk it's hard to say right now but if Coe plays like he did in the preseason then yes, who would you rather have start Tryon or Coe?

Thats a tough one

Maybe Coe but I do trust Tryon.