PDA

View Full Version : David Carr: He is back to his old self ..holding the ball too long.

Razur
08-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Was this his last shot at making this team ? He put together some mediocre drives at best. Granted the O-Line breaking down had evn Eli presured, but I saw Carr too many times holding that ball way too long. You would think by now a veteran QB , would have sense to throw it away out of play..I saw him throw into coverage and take hits that , that in my opinion a smart QB should never do. If not for some good running by Brown, Scott and Wilson, and a pretty good show by Defense....we lose this game...Where was Perriloux??

I don't think Carr is a reliable 2nd...he should be cut.

BergenCountyJC
08-30-2012, 03:44 PM
While he may be a verteran QB, he hasn't really been a "QB" for a while now so understandbly his timing is off. No matter how much you practice against your own guys, they're really not coming at you full force. I have faith in him to come in at a moments notice. I think if he had the same recievers as Eli, people that can make some distance from the guy covering them, he'd have more confidence in making passes. I always hoped he'd get picked up by another team and get one more shot at starting - look at Hasselback.

BrianK01
08-30-2012, 03:44 PM
50h cut Carr thread..... Can you answer the million dollar question? Who takes his place? If you are that concerned over Carr's ability to run the offense then you already know Perriloux is not the answer......

Razur
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
50h cut Carr thread..... Can you answer the million dollar question? Who takes his place? If you are that concerned over Carr's ability to run the offense then you already know Perriloux is not the answer......
Wish I could answer it...Apparently the Giants FO can't either. So..if we're not going after a a QB that could fill in for Eli..and not going after O-lIne that can keep him safe...maybe I don't even know what the million dolla
r question is?

ashleymarie
08-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Wish I could answer it...Apparently the Giants FO can't either. So..if we're not going after a a QB that could fill in for Eli..and not going after O-lIne that can keep him safe...maybe I don't even know what the million dolla
r question is?

I think the million dollar answer is to keep Eli protected and injury free. But the FO already knows this. It's a puzzlement. :)

For now Carr is the best option we have.

BrianK01
08-30-2012, 03:56 PM
There are not 64 starting caliber QBs in the NFL, really there aren't 32 David Carr has experience and knows the Giants offense front to back. If/when he gets put into a regular season game with all the #1s in our offense he has the capability of keeping us competitive for a few games till Eli gets back. That's about all you can ask of a back up.

DownWitJPP
08-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna get flamed for this but so be it, Ryan Perriloux ran our offense way more efficiently. Carr looked like crap all pre-season. I also hate the way he throws the ball with that side arm garbage

Marvelousmik
08-30-2012, 04:26 PM
If you are that concerned over Carr's ability to run the offense then you already know Perriloux is not the answer......

What makes you say that?

yoeddy
08-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Wasn't Phil Simms praised for holding the ball and giving his receivers more time to get open?

fansince69
08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Wasn't Phil Simms praised for holding the ball and giving his receivers more time to get open?

the difference is...Simms would throw the ball...make the completion then get hit........Carr just takes the hit and sack

Giant stuck in Texas
08-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna get flamed for this but so be it, Ryan Perriloux ran our offense way more efficiently. Carr looked like crap all pre-season. I also hate the way he throws the ball with that side arm garbageI agree with you. RP looked better then Carr, but the reason they held RP back this preseason is so he can clear waivers and that won't happen if their showcasing his abilities on national television.The Giants know what they have in him.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-animal-015.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php)COWBOYS

....Go Blue!!!

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Carr may not be very good but he can help the Giants win games.

DownWitJPP
08-30-2012, 04:54 PM
lol he doesn't even put any points on the board against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Hopefully its just because our backup OL are also complete garbage which is also a scary thought

Laurah1275
08-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I think the million dollar answer is to keep Eli protected and injury free. But the FO already knows this. It's a puzzlement. :)

For now Carr is the best option we have.A+...We do need (and should have already had) a decent replacement.

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 04:58 PM
lol he doesn't even put any points on the board against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Hopefully its just because our backup OL are also complete garbage which is also a scary thoughtCarr can play against the first team as well. Sometimes maybe the Giants took it easy. The season will start soon so why get players hurt.?

JesseJames
08-30-2012, 05:06 PM
holding the ball too long and taking unnecessary hits and sacks is the same problem Carr had when he was drafted and apparently it can't be coached out of him because he's still doing the same things. It looks like the team has itself backed into a corner with either Carr or Perriloux unless some one better shows up on waivers

DownWitJPP
08-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Carr can play against the first team as well. Sometimes maybe the Giants took it easy. The season will start soon so why get players hurt.?

huh?? if he can't put any points up against the 3rd string what makes you think he will be effective against the 1's ? I'm not a Carr basher, in the past i really liked him as a backup, but this year he just looks terrible. I'm sorry but there's no nice way to say it

G.I. Ants
08-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Carr's experience is the only reason why he is staying on this team. I wouldn't mind giving Perriloux a shot, but not seeing him get reps in the final game kind of sucks.

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Was this his last shot at making this team ? He put together some mediocre drives at best. Granted the O-Line breaking down had evn Eli presured, but I saw Carr too many times holding that ball way too long. You would think by now a veteran QB , would have sense to throw it away out of play..I saw him throw into coverage and take hits that , that in my opinion a smart QB should never do. If not for some good running by Brown, Scott and Wilson, and a pretty good show by Defense....we lose this game...Where was Perriloux??

I don't think Carr is a reliable 2nd...he should be cut.

He needed something relatively soft to fall on

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Carr is bad and getting worse.......as Bill Parcells said 90% of a good QB is between the ears and Carr, although he may know the playbook better than Perrilloux, his fear after taking a 1st good hit is palitable.........he is worthless as a back-up QB

Knowing the playbook is not of much use if you cannot execute the plays

Does anyone know what Perrilloux's 8-9 with 2 TDs and no INTs translates to in a QBR? Has to be near 140

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
huh?? if he can't put any points up against the 3rd string what makes you think he will be effective against the 1's ? I'm not a Carr basher, in the past i really liked him as a backup, but this year he just looks terrible. I'm sorry but there's no nice way to say itHe moved the chains against the Pats and I bet their second and third stringers are trying their best to get jobs. Carr may be safe and didn't have to do much anyways but to warm up and see how some of our other players look. I think the posters complain about the O-line and they struggled with second stringers so should we get rid of them right away?

Razur
08-31-2012, 10:09 AM

Simms had a better O-Line then the existing one we have now, he had good instincts, threw the ball away , and WE had Jeff Hostetlerr has a 2nd. And he waited a long time to play, but...we all know what he did for us. The current scenario is not comparable to those days. Look, the bottom line is, at the current rate of degredation of the O-Line, we will not be able to ensure Eli will be able to sustain his ability to find open receivers, because he'll be running for his life on every down. Carr is NOT a good insurance policy against Eli getting knocked out a game or worse.

Rod-Diggity
08-31-2012, 10:14 AM
carr's playyed better than I thought he would this preseason he ain't going nowhere

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 10:32 AM
carr's playyed better than I thought he would this preseason he ain't going nowhere

What were you expecting? A fumble of every snap LOL

njg85m
08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
What were you expecting? A fumble of every snap LOL

He had about 2 seconds max before he had his head taken off on nearly every single snap this weeks game, and still went 11/18 for 150 yards and no INT's.

What more exactly do you expect from a backup?

jomo
08-31-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't know how a guy with that throwing motion could wind up being the first overall pick in the draft.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 10:49 AM
He had about 2 seconds max before he had his head taken off on nearly every single snap this weeks game, and still went 11/18 for 150 yards and no INT's.

Check out his game lowlights against the Jets...........he was shortarming every throw

njg85m
08-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Check out his game lowlights against the Jets...........he was shortarming every throw

Yet again, completed the majority of his passes and did not throw an interception.

So I'll ask you again, what more do you expect from a back up?

Not sure I understand your bizarre hatred for David Carr, the way you talk about him you would think that he is the worst QB in the NFL, which is far from reality.

Razur
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM

2 seconds?? Dude not sure what game you were watching...he held that ball way too long....get rid of it..this behavior is what got him in trouble in Houston..he took a pounding, viscious pounding, albeit from a bad O-Line there, but, none the less, he risked serious injury because he was hell bent on making a play, instead of playing smart. That is all I'm saying here in this thread. David Carr has not matured into a smart QB . He isn't a rookie.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Yet again, completed the majority of his passes and did not throw an interception.

So I'll ask you again, what more do you expect from a back up?

Not sure I understand your bizarre hatred for David Carr, the way you talk about him you would think that he is the worst QB in the NFL, which is far from reality.

I'm not sure if he is the worst back up QB in the NFL.........likely he is. You're a stat guy like Amani Toomer. I go by what I see. What I see is a shell shcked empty suit out there. We diserve a better back up QB. If Eli goes down we will resemble last years Colts

njg85m
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
2 seconds?? Dude not sure what game you were watching...he held that ball way too long...

There was the one play where he did hold on to the ball for a borderline hilarious amount of time, I agree with you on that. The majority of the other snaps he took though he was facing pressure virtually instantly.

And again, he still produced and did not turn the ball over. What more do we want from a backup?

njg85m
08-31-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure if he is the worst back up QB in the NFL.........likely he is. You're a stat guy like Amani Toomer. I go by what I see. What I see is a shell shcked empty suit out there. We diserve a better back up QB. If Eli goes down we will resemble last years Colts

And with statements like this I don't see how you expect to be taken seriously.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
And with statements like this I don't see how you expect to be taken seriously.

I don't expect you to agree with me at all.......I have an opinion.........you have an opinion

By the way, can you name on NFL back up QB who is worse than Carr........can you? Please don't say Tebow as I don't consider him a back up QB- he is a starter in the wildcat......McElroy the real Jets back up and is light years better than Carr, and Sanchez for that matter.

Hopefully Eli never goes down and this remains an academic argument for years to come

fansince69
08-31-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't expect you to agree with me at all.......I have an opinion.........you have an opinion

By the way, can you name on NFL back up QB who is worse than Carr........can you? Please don't say Tebow as I don't consider him a back up QB- he is a starter in the wildcat......McElroy the real Jets back up and is light years better than Carr, and Sanchez for that matter.

Hopefully Eli never goes down and this remains an academic argument for years to come

I can't name any(because i do not pay attention to other teams backups) ............. there have to be some because there are teams out there with starters that are not a whole lot better than Carr....is he gun shy? yes......but he can manage this offense for a short period of time if the line holds up.......if the lines doesn't hold up...blame the line not the QB

Why don't you name the backups that are so much better than Carr?

Joe Morrison
08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Do you realize that when Carr is in pre season he is never with the 1st recievers?

njg85m
08-31-2012, 11:36 AM

Right, except the fact that your opinion on Carr being 'the worst backup in the league' is not based on his on field performance, numbers, or the fact that he rarely turns the ball over, it's just based on "what you see". But for some reason you can't coherently explain how he's so terrible.

I'll take a guy who completes passes more times than not, doesn't force throws or turn the ball over, can put up respectable numbers, knows our playbook, and can manage the game. All this behind an O-line that is probably giving him Houston Deja Vu.

You can have the likes of Seneca Wallave and Bruce Gradkowski.

How are we even arguing this anymore? Did David Carr steal your girlfriend or something?

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Do you realize that when Carr is in pre season he is never with the 1st recievers?

I do, and I also realize our #1's cannot catch one hoppers either.... legally
I'm done with the Carr debate. Hopefully he holds a beauitiful clipboard for 19 games and does not muff a snap for kicking

BillTheGreek
09-01-2012, 01:38 AM
He needs a QB coach to work with him, untill he gets it right ! Lets stop babying him !

giantsforce
09-01-2012, 01:58 AM
50h cut Carr thread..... Can you answer the million dollar question? Who takes his place? If you are that concerned over Carr's ability to run the offense then you already know Perriloux is not the answer......I am sure that after the final cuts there will be some better QB's available than Carr.