PDA

View Full Version : Is this the end for DJ Ware?

DownWitJPP
08-30-2012, 05:11 PM
was reading through some twitter posts and I came across this today

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg

could this be the year that someone takes his spot? Why would Coughlin say that if he was planning on cutting Brown or Scott

jomo
08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
was reading through some twitter posts and I came across this today

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg

could this be the year that someone takes his spot? Why would Coughlin say that if he was planning on cutting Brown or ScottAt other times I would say the words of the coach or GM could be designed to keep other teams' GMs off balance. In this case, I agree with you that Ware is hanging on by a thread.

Moke
08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Some powerful words. Scary for Ware, but I'd be happy with it.

SuperNYGiants
08-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Isn't Ware a very crucial piece of the 3rd down pass protection package? Who would take over that role if he's cut? Wilson clearly is not ready for that, are you really willing to hang our precious Eli's neck on Scott or Brown? I'll believe it when I see it.

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Isn't Ware a very crucial piece of the 3rd down pass protection package? Who would take over that role if he's cut? Wilson clearly is not ready for that, are you really willing to hang our precious Eli's neck on Scott or Brown? I'll believe it when I see it.

He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.

jomo
08-30-2012, 06:25 PM
He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.lol RF, I thought you were heading the other way based on my opinion of the OL.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 06:26 PM
He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.

They may also feel someone else is progressing into that role....another one of these things we just don't know

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 06:35 PM
lol RF, I thought you were heading the other way based on my opinion of the OL.

I am, I was going through the back door to fool the detractors. IF the Oline can do the job is, at present, a major hurdle

Giantsfan241
08-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Ware's body reminds me of AP maybe if we made him start he'll be like AP who knows?

miked1958
08-30-2012, 06:47 PM
He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.I really don't think we can trust this OLine. Did anyone fail to notice Eli was mostly running for his life all night against the Pats second team defense? I'm all for getting rid of DJ but it could be a death Sentence for Eli. And I don't think anyone here wants to see Carr start.. Cut brown and move on

titwio
08-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Ware didn't even play yesterday which leads me to believe he's safe. If Ware was in any danger wouldn't he be playing alongside Scott and Brown and the rest of the guys yesterday on the bubble fighting for a roster spot?

*If Ware were to get cut though I just want to make it clear that I'd absolutely have no problem at all with that decision.

fansince69
08-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I really don't think we can trust this OLine. Did anyone fail to notice Eli was mostly running for his life all night against the Pats second team defense? I'm all for getting rid of DJ but it could be a death Sentence for Eli. And I don't think anyone here wants to see Carr start.. Cut brown and move on

But he(Eli) also looked really good against the bears and their number one ...good defense.....so go figure

rcrane
08-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Ware's body reminds me of AP maybe if we made him start he'll be like AP who knows?I totally agree, dj is the next adrian peterson. So excited to see this kid blow up!

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Ware didn't even play yesterday which leads me to believe he's safe. If Ware was in any danger wouldn't he be playing alongside Scott and Brown and the rest of the guys yesterday on the bubble fighting for a roster spot?

*If Ware were to get cut though I just want to make it clear that I'd absolutely have no problem at all with that decision.

Agreed you would think if he was on bubble the coaches would give him a chance to fight for his job last night. I believe he is completely safe at this point.

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
We started him one game against Denver in the regular season. He ran as well as former 1st round pick Ki-jana Carter

Eliscruzzz
08-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Only the coaches know but they are saying on bspn that he will be the one to go. Idk who I would rather have Scott or Ware. Only thing I've seen Ware do is that 2 point conversion play 'the DRAW' LOL

DemandedAce
08-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Maybe he was referring to the fact that they distinguished themselves by either a fumble on a wtf-play-was that by Brown or a sending-the-punter-barrel-rolling penalty by Scott?

lewl, DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

mainefan
08-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Ware has had plenty of opportunity to prove his worth, and that ain't much.

GMan-67
08-31-2012, 03:17 AM
yeah not surprised at all, he is not a dynamic player ... some thought he would get more playing time than Wilson and now it looks like he will be cut

Rat_bastich
08-31-2012, 03:22 AM
I still have a feeling Ware makes it on the roster and either Scott or Brown are out. Just my feeling that TC's comment was more that it made his decision hard on which one of the two to keep.

BlueMetal 40
08-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Vachianno (The Blue Screen) did a roster also, and Ware wasn't on his, either. Maybe the plan is Wilson on first and second down, and Bradshaw is in on third down...

ryan12
08-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Some powerful words. Scary for Ware, but I'd be happy with it.

indeed get rid of him

GameTime
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
between Brown, Ware, and Scott I wont be too disappointed who gets the boot. Actually I would be a bit bummed if Scott got the boot.
Either way not much dif who is behind AB and DW

brad
08-31-2012, 09:06 AM
I like Scott and Brown, but should they decide to keep both and get rid of Ware, Eli better learn how to get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds. Maybe they plan on going with a lot of 2 TE sets for max protection, or just never getting into 3rd down situations?

GameTime
08-31-2012, 09:08 AM
I like Scott and Brown, but should they decide to keep both and get rid of Ware, Eli better learn how to get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds. Maybe they plan on going with a lot of 2 TE sets for max protection, or just never getting into 3rd down situations?
or maybe if that becomes the situuation Scott and Brown can become goood at blitz pickup like every goood RB should. I like that answer better than Eli having to get rid of the ball in less then 2 seconds. AB wasn't always good at it either. he learned and excelled.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Vachianno (The Blue Screen) did a roster also, and Ware wasn't on his, either. Maybe the plan is Wilson on first and second down, and Bradshaw is in on third down...
i think that will be the plan as bradshaw gets older. not now. bradshaw is as quick as he's ever been.

what it is, is that wilson can spell bradshaw on 1rst and 2nd downs without too much of an issue. And on 3rd downs, they can use every back on the roster to replace what ware actually could contribute.

DownWitJPP
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Saw this coming yesterday after hearing Coughlin's comments...so long DJ Ware, thanks for your contributions to NYG

by next year I bet David Wilson is our starting running back, leaving Bradshaw as our 3rd down back, that leaves no room for Ware