PDA

View Full Version : JPP's tackle on Felix Jones

TuckYou
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Did anyone else see this?</P>

I cant find the video anywhere but at the end of the game, on the second to last play before the FG attempt for the Cowboys, JPP made a great hustling tackle on Felix near the sidelines and from what I saw, Felix' knee touched the ground before he got flipped OB by JPP. This would of kept the clock running instead of it being stopped at something like 24 seconds left. Im not sure the Cowboys would of had enough time to throw that last one to Austin and set up for a FG if the clock kept running.</P>

Anyone else see that? </P>

Also the clock stopped when Austin appeared to fumble but didnt. That also saved the Boys about 10 seconds right at the end. </P>

Thoughts?</P>

scf424
12-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Yea I noticed that, but I didn't know if that was me seeing things.

It was a hazy room/night.

Oh well, not crying over a win.

BlueJayC
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Yup......clear as day on the replay.......refs blew another one......IF they lost would've been on the cover of the News and Post........</P>

The clock stopped on the Austin play because Boley picked up the ball and took off with it.....if he left it there the clock would've been running,</P>

WilsonFisk
12-13-2011, 12:18 PM
I didn't notice that while watching live, but just watched it on NFL Rewind and you're right.

His knee hits the ground as JPP spins him down before he goes out of bounds. That would've been a nice break for us.

However if they did stop to review it the clock would've stopped while they reviewed and started on the official's signal. Cowboys would've (well should have) had a play ready after the review.

bearbryant
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
I hate sounding whiney but believe me... In this one the refs definitely took the envelope Jerry Jones left in their lockerroom. They were cowpuketilted the whole game, Bas*ards.

timmytimm3
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Thoughts?</P>

Jason Pierre Paul is an absolute beast.

I hope we can get a few calls to go our way in the next couple games.

repeatchamps
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Thoughts?</P>

Jason Pierre Paul is an absolute beast. I hope we can get a few calls to go our way in the next couple games.</P>

Interesting point. PerhapsJPP's impression in front of a national audience Sunday night will finally get him some respect from the refs. He has been held all year long andhas gottenno holding calls his way. For the final few weeks hopefully that will finally change.</P>

ashleymarie
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM
I noticed and wondered if JPP had kept Jones inbound if the clock would have continued to run. I'm not blaming JPP. He's my hero along with Eli. I just wondered. I didn't see the knees go down inside the line but JPP must have.

egyptian420
12-13-2011, 01:10 PM
That was beyond a texbook tackle....this kid is unbelievable. I just rewatched the entire game and he was a disruptive force for 60 minutes. I wish the rest of the defense played like him.

GiantWarfare
12-13-2011, 03:19 PM
I was more impressed w/ the tackle itself.

He literally flung Felix Jones like it was nothing, as if Jones was just a kid.

Granted, momentum helped a lot, but still....the way he closed on Jones so fast (nearly a 10 yd distance shortened in a sec), wrapped up, and threw Jones away for only a gain of a couple was unbelievable (considering Jones had plenty of space to get at least 1 or 2 yds shy of the 1st down marker)

GameTime
12-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I was more impressed w/ the tackle itself.

He literally flung Felix Jones like it was nothing, as if Jones was just a kid.

Granted, momentum helped a lot, but still....the way he closed on Jones so fast (nearly a 10 yd distance shortened in a sec), wrapped up, and threw Jones away for only a gain of a couple was unbelievable (considering Jones had plenty of space to get at least 1 or 2 yds shy of the 1st down marker)
</P>

and to top it all off that was after almost a full game with him at DE for most of the defensive snaps and him going all out. He is on fire.....</P>

Jotun_Fan
12-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Think I'm gonna try and add back handsprings into my workouts now...

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Jones should know better than try to run past THE OCTOPUS !

FLNYGFAN
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Thoughts?</p>

Jason Pierre Paul is an absolute beast. I hope we can get a few calls to go our way in the next couple games.</p>

Interesting point. PerhapsJPP's impression in front of a national audience Sunday night will finally get him some respect from the refs. He has been held all year long andhas gottenno holding calls his way. For the final few weeks hopefully that will finally change.</p>

Opposing lineman also seem to get away with a good deal of illegal use of hands to the face against him as well.

BBlueSince82
12-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Did anyone else see this?</p>

I cant find the video anywhere but at the end of the game, on the second to last play before the FG attempt for the Cowboys, JPP made a great hustling tackle on Felix near the sidelines and from what I saw, Felix' knee touched the ground before he got flipped OB by JPP. This would of kept the clock running instead of it being stopped at something like 24 seconds left. Im not sure the Cowboys would of had enough time to throw that last one to Austin and set up for a FG if the clock kept running.</p>

Anyone else see that? </p>

Also the clock stopped when Austin appeared to fumble but didnt. That also saved the Boys about 10 seconds right at the end. </p>

Thoughts?</p>

You are 100% correct!! I was SCREAMING, "HIS KNEE CAME DOWN IN BOUNDS." That tackle, for a D-lineman, was incredible. Outstanding! He DEFINITELY came down in bounds too, but alas, the zebras seem to have a vendetta against the Giants this year...

fletch842
12-13-2011, 11:23 PM
and from everyone (coaches, teammates) say, he's just starting to scratch the surface. Think how good he'll be when he's really getting it, and instincts can take over.