PDA

View Full Version : Why not get Vince Young, he's better than Carr.

SuperNYGiants
08-30-2012, 07:32 PM
I like Ryan P but he has no experience.

Moke
08-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I rather have Carr than Vince Young

RoanokeFan
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I'd rather have someone who knows the playbook

Drez
08-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Vince Young is not smart enough to run this offense.

TheEnigma
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
I cringe at the idea of Vince Young and option routes. Most of the success he has had in his career involved a top 5 running game.

gmen0820
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Why? So he can beat out Eli Manning and show us how good we'd be with a real QB?

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Thank goodness there are posters with more knowledge about the game of football.

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 07:45 PM

What is your obsession with the playbook? If that were the big deal, we would have Gilbride playing QB

The way Eli bounces up, Perrilloux will have years to learn the playbook....then when called upon will have the talent, atheticism, and cajonnes to play the position......not run around out there like a headless chicken, that "knows the playbook"

brad
08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
What is your obsession with the playbook? If that were the big deal, we would have Gilbride playing QB

The way Eli bounces up, Perrilloux will have years to learn the playbook....then when called upon will have the talent, atheticism, and cajonnes to play the position......not run around out there like a headless chicken, that "knows the playbook"

Knowing the playbook is important in any offense, but even more important in complex offenses like the Giants run. On almost any given play, the receivers have options in their route, they make decisions based on the coverage. This requires that the receivers and QB work well together and read the same things. One or the other being wrong, and you have potential disaster.

I agree, Eli is a tough QB, but I still want a backup that can come in a continue where he left off...

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM

The way Eli bounces up, Perrilloux will have years to learn the playbook....then when called upon will have the talent, atheticism, and cajonnes to play the position......not run around out there like a headless chicken, that "knows the playbook"Cause knowing the playbook is very important. I remember at one time the Bills had a qb and he had a real bad game and he said the reason why he had a bad game was that he didn't study the playbook and the Bills got rid of his behind real fast.

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Knowing the playbook is important in any offense, but even more important in complex offenses like the Giants run. On almost any given play, the receivers have options in their route, they make decisions based on the coverage. This requires that the receivers and QB work well together and read the same things. One or the other being wrong, and you have potential disaster.

I agree, Eli is a tough QB, but I still want a backup that can come in a continue where he left off...

Then you definitely do not want Carr........he is as far from Eli in capability, and coolness under pressure as is humanly possible. I get it, Carr looks the part
Unfortunately no NFL D cares how he looks on the sidelines

Diamondring
08-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Then you definitely do not want Carr........he is as far from Eli in capability, and coolness under pressure as is humanly possible. I get it, Carr looks the part
Unfortunately no NFL D cares how he looks on the sidelinesIf a backup is that good to even be close to Eli, then that backup would start.

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Vince was so bad in Buffalo the Bills had to trade for Tavaris Jackson. If that doesn't tell all you need to know about Vince Young I don't know what does.

tonyt830
08-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Vince was so bad in Buffalo the Bills had to trade for Tavaris Jackson. If that doesn't tell all you need to know about Vince Young I don't know what does.Yeah I would say Vince Young is now officially a bust.

He is a 1 read, tuck and run QB. He does not have the smarts to be a good QB in the NFL. Now I said good, not great.

It stills burns me that the Titans were able to beat the Giants in 06 and 2010 with Vince young as the QB. But hey, its still a team sport. Kiwi should have not let up on that sack in 06, game would have been over since that was 4th down.

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Unfortunately for us Vince Young's only highlight reel in his NFL career was the day Kiwi let him get out of his grasp and we lost a big lead

grapenut
08-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Why would any team except the JETS want Vince Young as a quarterback.

jomo
08-30-2012, 08:39 PM
I rather have Carr than Vince YoungEyes closed, blindfolded, no-brainer Moke!!

fansince69
08-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Eyes closed, blindfolded, no-brainer Moke!!

sometimes this is how Vince Young looks like hes playing

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Wow, and I thought the Rex Grossman suggestion was bad enough.

Tmurda1984
08-30-2012, 08:53 PM
AHAHAA this is the funniest THREAD ever. Vince Young running an option route offense!!!!!!!!!!!! u gotta be kidding me

BParcells777
08-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Rex Grossman has beaten us several times as I recall

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 08:55 PM
AHAHAA this is the funniest THREAD ever. Vince Young running an option route offense!!!!!!!!!!!! u gotta be kidding me

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Vince struggles to spell his own name.

miked1958
08-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah I would say Vince Young is now officially a bust.He is a 1 read, tuck and run QB. He does not have the smarts to be a good QB in the NFL. Now I said good, not great.It stills burns me that the Titans were able to beat the Giants in 06 and 2010 with Vince young as the QB. But hey, its still a team sport. Kiwi should have not let up on that sack in 06, game would have been over since that was 4th down.Didn't he also beat us with the eagles? Last year..".....

miked1958
08-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Luke Mckown was also released.. I agree that Ryan could be the answer for the future, but we need someone now that's better then Carr

ozzie0075
08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I would be great to get someone better than Carr but there is the small issue of knowing the playbook and terminology the Giants use. Minor details people like to forget about.

Flip Empty
08-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Rex Grossman has beaten us several times as I recall
Beating a defense and running an offense are two entirely different things. Grossman is capable but turns the ball over too often.

Carr is well versed in the Giants playbook.

Giants5699
08-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Vince Young may have been one of the best college QB's ever, however he is mentally handicapped and really not smart enough to play in the NFL. He got like a 2 out of 50 on the wonderlic test where the average is about a 24 for a QB.

jomo
08-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Vince Young, now that is really funny.

gmen0820
08-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Alright, my final suggestion. Sign Young, let Kiwi nail him, and cut him.

Drez
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Alright, my final suggestion. Sign Young, let Kiwi nail him, and cut him.
Haha. ****ing awesome!

Eli2Shockey4aTD
08-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Pass on Young. He could not make it with the Bills....

brad
08-30-2012, 09:50 PM

I am certainly not a Carr defender, but if I had to choose between Carr, who knows the offense, and Vince Young who not only doesn't know the offense but wouldn't be good in it even if he did, I would take Carr.

jomo
08-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Alright, my final suggestion. Sign Young, let Kiwi nail him, and cut him.........something like that............

G.I. Ants
08-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Vince Young had so much potential but unfortunately, he was not ready mentally. I used to think that Jeff Fisher kind of stunted VY's growth as a player but I will not blame the coach for him failing. Fisher was never a fan of VY and that fact affected things for that franchise. VY and Tebow have the amazing ability to win games, but VY is a huge disappointment because he had chances improve his game and he didn't. I used to bash Eli hard on this site but I love the fact that the management, coaches and the team all stuck by him as he developed into one of the premier QB's in the league.

David Carr's knowledge of Gilbride's complex system makes him OK in my book. I am also cool if Ryan Perrilloux gets an opportunity as well. Bringing in VY to this franchise would be a mistake.

nhpgiantsfan
08-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Ok people, this is like the 5th thread I've seen in the past week about the back up QB position. It's very simple, if Eli goes down, there are NO back up QB's that are taking this team to the playoffs. Not Ryan P, not Carr, and certainly not Vince Young. It doesn't matter.

It worked in 1990 when we had a great defense, a great Oline, and a great running attack. This offense is built around Eli.

Marvelousmik
08-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I rather have Carr than Vince Young

This made me spit my juice out. LOL

SuperNYGiants
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Ok people, this is like the 5th thread I've seen in the past week about the back up QB position. It's very simple, if Eli goes down, there are NO back up QB's that are taking this team to the playoffs. Not Ryan P, not Carr, and certainly not Vince Young. It doesn't matter.

It worked in 1990 when we had a great defense, a great Oline, and a great running attack. This offense is built around Eli.
I don't know about that mindset that the team is lost without Eli, sure it would be impossible to find a QB as good as he is, but nobody's asking for that, what we are asking for is at least a capable QB who can be a spare tire if there comes a time where Eli needs get a game off or something otherwise we would just give it away and that would be a shame. When Seahawks lost their starting QB, Charlie Whitehurst came in and won some games, including one against the Giants, and Matt Moore did a similar job for Panthers. So why can't the Giants have their own Whitehurst or Moore?

When I watched Carr play this preseason, it just hit me (again) that Carr is done, the only reason he may have a job is because he doesn't have to play.

I also believe the Giants have excellent skill players to win some games even with a slightly above average passer. He may not know the playbook as well as Eli but you can always improvise and simplify the playbook as well, the playbook is not a bible, they can change it to suit the player. As long as the defense keeps it close, any game could be won and our defense should be sufficient if not good.

There has to be someone out there who is better than a washed up mentally scarred Carr!!

BrianK01
08-30-2012, 11:18 PM
2012 preseason stats
Passing
Eli Manning (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2235/eli-manning): 32-of-51 (62.7 percent), 299 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
David Carr (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2711/david-carr): 29-of-53 (54.7 percent), 343 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

FlyingTruck
08-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Some of the ideas you guys come up with...jeez.

drewz
08-31-2012, 12:16 AM
I think you all are underestimating just how terrible the 2nd and 3rd team offensive line were. David Carr has looked good.............. when he's actually had time to throw.

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:27 AM
No way Vince Young no offense he is to stupid for this offense he won't realize that we have playmakers on the outside and will look to run every chance he gets not to mention it took Eli how many years to become comfortable with this offense? I'd rather have Carr someone that already knows the playbook. Alot of the play calling K.G. does is anticapation throws and changing routes something Vince doesn't do well. To me he's kind of like Tebow great when the play breaks down and there is a wide open man and only has to read one side of the field and can run when it looks like nothing is there.

titwio
08-31-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't want Vince anywhere near the Giants locker room. Although I agree VY would be an upgrade over Carr...I'd rather take my chances with the Giants keeping Carr around than have that kind of negative publicity headed this way.

Eliscruzzz
08-31-2012, 12:34 AM
I don't want Vince anywhere near the Giants locker room. Although I agree VY would be an upgrade over Carr...I'd rather take my chances with the Giants keeping Carr around than have that kind of negative publicity headed this way.+1..................

davepc
08-31-2012, 12:53 AM
Yeah, the guy who got cut because he couldent handle the bills playbook will step right into Gilbride complex system no problems.

mainefan
08-31-2012, 01:36 AM
We can do a lot better than Carr. He has never recovered from the beatings he took earlier in his career. He looks like a rookie.

Flip Empty
08-31-2012, 02:13 AM
We can do a lot better than Carr. He has never recovered from the beatings he took earlier in his career. He looks like a rookie.
Who? Everyone has a complaint but no-one has a solution beyond Vince Young and Rex freaking Grossman. If Eli goes down, that's it - it doesn't matter who's behind him.

GMan-67
08-31-2012, 03:19 AM
well where to start ... 1st we are only going to have 2 QBs on the 53 with 1 on the PS ... Young is a head case .... Carr knows the plays .. really no decision to make ... all you gotta look at with Young is the last few teams he was with ... none of them had or have any interest in him

BeatYale
08-31-2012, 03:22 AM

I think the staff feels the same way.

Rat_bastich
08-31-2012, 03:25 AM
I think Young is trying to clean up his image after the fiasco in Tennessee and he has shown flashes of being a good quarterback. I think he deserves a second chance....just not here.

Diamondring
08-31-2012, 03:40 AM
We can do a lot better than Carr. He has never recovered from the beatings he took earlier in his career. He looks like a rookie.So apparently you think that he does not hold the ball too long cause there are a lot of posters saying that he does? If he is worry about the O-line, then he would be throwing the ball faster than he want to.

Flip Empty
08-31-2012, 03:44 AM
I think Young is trying to clean up his image after the fiasco in Tennessee and he has shown flashes of being a good quarterback. I think he deserves a second chance....just not here.
He's had a second and third chance. If it was going to happen it would've happened by now. Dude is a bust.

RoanokeFan
08-31-2012, 06:25 AM

Miss your meds last hour? The question was about VINCE YOUNG.

Roswell777
08-31-2012, 07:40 AM
The Giants have very little depth on the Oline. These days it's hard enough for Eli to move the ball behind the starting Oline, how can you judge Carr behind the backups, who were brutal, at best?

Besides, the Giants understand the value of chemistry and continuity. They are not bringing in another QB five days before the regular season starts, least of all Vince Young.

BlueSanta
08-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Lets review some of his behavior since becomming a professional.

1) he punched a stripclub owner for a giving him an upside down "hook'em horns" symbol then refusing to change $8000 into single dollar bills.

2) After being momentarily benched in game in 2008, upon his return to the field Vince was booed by the fans. This "booing" was so crushing that he vanished for a day causing the organization to notify authorities and begin a manhunt for 4 hours.

So you want a guy who doesnt mix well with late night activity, and who doesnt respond well to being "booed" to come to NYC? He also has a bad habbit of saying dumb things when a mic is put in front of him. You think the media here will capitalize on that?

I am not even mentioning that his wonderlic score was so low that I am not sure he correctly spelled his name on the exam.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Miss your meds last hour? The question was about VINCE YOUNG.

My Meds are fine, and that's a low blow BTW......maybe I should be heeding your bi-line

I was questioning your support of Carr because "he knows the playbook"........that would be meaningful if he did not run around like a headless chicken after absorbing his 1st solid hit in any given game appearance. I don't want this guy one Eli tweek from playing QB for the world champions in a real game.

Knowing the playbook is just a part of playing QB in the NFL......you also need nerves of steel, elusiveness, and the ability to execute with precision. Carr lacks all of the later.....and unless your eyes are deceiving you, you know it too.

As for Vince Young, he's a head case but would be an improvement over David at this stage in his career.....I was amazed how much Carr has deteriorated from the preseason last year and 4 yrs ago. Having said that Coughlin would never bring in Young.....he'd be more likely to bring back Tiki

gmen0820
08-31-2012, 10:29 AM
I think you all are underestimating just how terrible the 2nd and 3rd team offensive line were. David Carr has looked good.............. when he's actually had time to throw.So would Joey Harrington, or Blaine Gabbert, JaMarcus Russell. You know how important pocket presence/awareness is in the NFL? Carr doesn't have it, that's why he is a **** QB, always was, always will be.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 10:31 AM
So would Joey Harrington, or Blaine Gabbert, JaMarcus Russell. You know how important pocket presence/awareness is in the NFL? Carr doesn't have it, that's why he is a **** QB, always was, always will be.

Mr Happy Feet :O)

RoanokeFan
08-31-2012, 10:58 AM
My Meds are fine, and that's a low blow BTW......maybe I should be heeding your bi-line

I was questioning your support of Carr because "he knows the playbook"........that would be meaningful if he did not run around like a headless chicken after absorbing his 1st solid hit in any given game appearance. I don't want this guy one Eli tweek from playing QB for the world champions in a real game.

Knowing the playbook is just a part of playing QB in the NFL......you also need nerves of steel, elusiveness, and the ability to execute with precision. Carr lacks all of the later.....and unless your eyes are deceiving you, you know it too.

As for Vince Young, he's a head case but would be an improvement over David at this stage in his career.....I was amazed how much Carr has deteriorated from the preseason last year and 4 yrs ago. Having said that Coughlin would never bring in Young.....he'd be more likely to bring back Tiki

Please show me a quote of mine in this thread where I even mentioned Carr?

FBomb
08-31-2012, 11:25 AM
lol....this thread is hillarious!!!!

First of all.......if Eli goes down it really doesn't matter who is there. We are done for. That being said, the only one who would give us ANY shot at all is Carr because he knows the playbook. If you are basing your opinion on his play on the preseason games then you shouldn't be posting at all. The line he had to work behind may as not have even been there at all. Carr is gun-shy from taking a beating in his early years at the Texans, but given time behind the 1st team o-line he's very servicable and can make plays with his feet.

V Young is a head case and too dumb to grasp the playbook.

Lastly, there people who are paid to make these decisions....thinking you have some idea of what is better for this team than they do is delusional and is worthy of the ridicule you have and will receive.

GameTime
08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
I would take Periloux instead of Carr at this point. My reasons are Carr has looked bad the last couple of season in preseason. Not so much because the oline stinks but because of the time he takes to make his reads. Even when he has time he holds the ball way too long. You would figure a guy who was shell shocked would play chuck and duck. Perriloux just seems more at ease and has better arm I think as well. The only time a back up on this team will make a significant difference is if Eli has to sit for a few games. If Eli gets IRd then it doesnt really matter.

As far as Vince Young....dont like him

born blue
08-31-2012, 11:53 AM
The only time a back up on this team will make a significant difference is if Eli has to sit for a few games. If Eli gets IRd then it doesnt really matter.

True. That is why Carr should be the guy IMO. He has been with the team for a few years and knows the offense. If Eli gets injured, we can keep running the same offense, insert Carr, and hope to scrap out a game or two before Eli returns. Vince "Dream Team" Young would be a distraction, and we would have to change what we were running because he couldn't get up to speed with our offense in time (or ever).

I think Ryan P showed potential. Hopefully he can hang out for a year on the PS, and then he can assume Carr's roll next year when Carr's contract is up.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Does Carr have a gauranteed contract? There will be 600 players released today ....some will be QBs

born blue
08-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Does Carr have a gauranteed contract? There will be 600 players released today ....some will be QBs

Not guaranteed. I am all for scanning the waiver wire for another backup...I was just saying that between Young, Ryan P, and Carr, Carr would be my choice for this year (but prob not any longer than that).

NYKiller
08-31-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I would be surprise if Young is not better than Carr. Being in the Giants organization might help turn things around for him. However, I believe the Giants should keep an eye on any good backup qb that got cut because of competition, before the start of the season, that performed well during the preseason. I don't know if that qb exist this preseason. The giants are dead wrong if they think Carr can help the giants win as the starting QB playing with the first team offense. The giants need a QB that give them a chance to continue to win if Eli goes down, and Carr is NOT that guy.

titwio
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Tyler Thigpen is a guy I wouldn't mind the Giants looking at if Buffalo decides to cut ties, which is very likely since they acquired Tavaris Jackson.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure about this, but I would be surprise if he is not better than Carr. Being in the Giants organization might help turn things around for him. However, I believe the Giants should keep an eye on any good backup qb that got cut because of competition, before the start of the season, that performed well during the preseason. I don't know if that qb exist this preseason. The giants are dead wrong if they think Carr can help the giants win as the starting QB playing with the first team offense. The giants need a QB that give them a chance to continue to win if Eli goes down, and Carr is NOT that guy.

Agreed add Carr as QB and we will do a 2011 Colts immitation

Sarcasman
08-31-2012, 12:53 PM
I like Ryan P but he has no experience.

Better at what?

burier
08-31-2012, 12:53 PM
David Carr's throwing motion is annoying. How did he manage that in the first place. Should have been nipped in the bud in the pewees.

Aside from that annoying feature he's fine. VY is of no use to us.

Sarcasman
08-31-2012, 12:58 PM

And having a great (or a near talent match to the starter) backup QB is a luxury nearly every team in the league can't afford, except for those teams whose primary QB is crappy to begin with.

Sarcasman
08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't know about that mindset that the team is lost without Eli, sure it would be impossible to find a QB as good as he is, but nobody's asking for that, what we are asking for is at least a capable QB who can be a spare tire if there comes a time where Eli needs get a game off or something otherwise we would just give it away and that would be a shame. When Seahawks lost their starting QB, Charlie Whitehurst came in and won some games, including one against the Giants, and Matt Moore did a similar job for Panthers. So why can't the Giants have their own Whitehurst or Moore?

When I watched Carr play this preseason, it just hit me (again) that Carr is done, the only reason he may have a job is because he doesn't have to play.

I also believe the Giants have excellent skill players to win some games even with a slightly above average passer. He may not know the playbook as well as Eli but you can always improvise and simplify the playbook as well, the playbook is not a bible, they can change it to suit the player. As long as the defense keeps it close, any game could be won and our defense should be sufficient if not good.

There has to be someone out there who is better than a washed up mentally scarred Carr!!

How about the great Vince Young?

Sarcasman
08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
2012 preseason stats
Passing
Eli Manning (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2235/eli-manning): 32-of-51 (62.7 percent), 299 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
David Carr (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2711/david-carr): 29-of-53 (54.7 percent), 343 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

This changes everything.

Cut Eli.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 01:04 PM
the last time I looked Carr was getting Tebow money............Perrilloux would gladly acept vet mim to get a real roster spot

freeing up cap space

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 01:05 PM
This changes everything.

Cut Eli.

please put up Perrilloux's 145 QBR numbers too

Eli was going through the motions most of the time.......trying not to get hurt

RoanokeFan
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
I would take Periloux instead of Carr at this point. My reasons are Carr has looked bad the last couple of season in preseason. Not so much because the oline stinks but because of the time he takes to make his reads. Even when he has time he holds the ball way too long. You would figure a guy who was shell shocked would play chuck and duck. Perriloux just seems more at ease and has better arm I think as well. The only time a back up on this team will make a significant difference is if Eli has to sit for a few games. If Eli gets IRd then it doesnt really matter.

As far as Vince Young....dont like him

Now this makes sense. Perrilloux still wants to improve whereas Carr just wants to hold the clip board. I don't get to watch practices, and I don'[t have the luxury of asking coaches to tell me the truth, so I defer to the coaches and Reese.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Now this makes sense. Perrilloux still wants to improve whereas Carr just wants to hold the clip board. I don't get to watch practices, and I don'[t have the luxury of asking coaches to tell me the truth, so I defer to the coaches and Reese.

So if the coaches go with Perrilloux will you be onboard?

I just pulled up Carrs 2011 regular season stats

Regular Season 2011

23.6 QBR

67 YDS passing

0 TDs

His QBR for San Fran the year before was also 23.6.............he is consistent and he knows the playbook

RoanokeFan
08-31-2012, 01:20 PM

That was the inference I was making since there are only 2 other QB's who know the playbook

Drez
08-31-2012, 01:23 PM
He's playing on a vet minimum contract. I doubt any QB released today will be better than Carr. And then they wouldn't know the offense.

Drez
08-31-2012, 01:25 PM

I just pulled up Carrs 2011 regular season stats

Regular Season 2011

23.6 QBR

67 YDS passing

0 TDs

His QBR for San Fran the year before was also 23.6.............he is consistent and he knows the playbook
Carr didn't take a snap in the regular season this past year.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 01:31 PM
According to ESPN he did.............what a bunch of Carr haters those New England Sports Network guys are, probably Amani Toomer fooling with the ESPN mainframe while he slobbered all over Romo.........if they are going to make stuff up, at least give Carr a 145 QBR

LOL!!!!!

08-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Why wasn't this in RED?

SimmsandLT
08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I think some of you need to step back a second and read what you are typing before you post. Is Carr the ideal backup you'd like to have? Not at all. But he has starting experience and (say it with me folks) he knows the playbook. Putting that aside, let's look at this logically. The team has 2 QB's on the active roster. Not 3 like the majority of teams. Now if the starter goes down, do you want to hand the ball to someone with no experience playing for your team 5 days before the season starts? Ideally you would switch a QB out before OTA's and camp so the replacement can get acclimated to the routes, the verbiage, and timing with the receivers. Nobody would switch out their #2 QB without a replacement already on the roster! If you put Perriloux on, somebody like Ojomo has to go and it's pretty clear to the coaching staff the Perriloux isn't ready plain and simple. Vince Young would most likely never be ready.

Complicated offense + New QB + No offseason work + Injury to starter = Disaster!

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 02:45 PM
he's gotten in 2 games the last 2 years..........one for San Fran, one for the Giants..........both times he had a 26.3 QBR

I don't care if Perrilloux has to wear a playbook on his arm.........he's a far far FAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR better player

David Carr was an average QB when drafted........he now is a mental wreck......he has the happiest feet in NFL history

pj18
08-31-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't want Vince Young anywhere near the Giants roster nor do I want to play against him again.

Toadofsteel
08-31-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't want Vince Young anywhere near the Giants roster nor do I want to play against him again.

Seriously... he seems capable of beating the Giants and nobody else. Which means with us he'd beat nobody...

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 02:58 PM

LOL that's actually funny but true

nhpgiantsfan
08-31-2012, 04:00 PM
he's gotten in 2 games the last 2 years..........one for San Fran, one for the Giants..........both times he had a 26.3 QBR

I don't care if Perrilloux has to wear a playbook on his arm.........he's a far far FAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR better player

David Carr was an average QB when drafted........he now is a mental wreck......he has the happiest feet in NFL history

Are you really using Carrs 2011 QB rating when he maybe played a quarter of football if that, in mop up duty, as an argument against him. SMH......

SuperNYGiants
08-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Lets review some of his behavior since becomming a professional.

1) he punched a stripclub owner for a giving him an upside down "hook'em horns" symbol then refusing to change $8000 into single dollar bills.

2) After being momentarily benched in game in 2008, upon his return to the field Vince was booed by the fans. This "booing" was so crushing that he vanished for a day causing the organization to notify authorities and begin a manhunt for 4 hours.

So you want a guy who doesnt mix well with late night activity, and who doesnt respond well to being "booed" to come to NYC? He also has a bad habbit of saying dumb things when a mic is put in front of him. You think the media here will capitalize on that?

I am not even mentioning that his wonderlic score was so low that I am not sure he correctly spelled his name on the exam.
Relax kid, I'm just throwing out suggestions, it's not like I want Vince Young to be the starting QB, I don't even like Vince Young that much, but I do know that right now he is way better than Carr.

And if you are dismissing a player for their troubled past and think that constitutes a fact-based argument, then history has proven you wrong because Giants have signed Kerry Collins the former alcoholic off the streets in the past and molded him into a QB good enough to play in a Super Bowl.

In any case, my point stands that we won't win any games with Carr the mentally scarred cripple, which shouldn't have to be that way if they sign a young and inexperienced but capable QB who can at least give the team a chance.

Carr is no good people, no good.

JesseJames
08-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Luke Mckown was also released.. I agree that Ryan could be the answer for the future, but we need someone now that's better then Carr
yup, its starting to look like we need someone other than Carr

SuperNYGiants
08-31-2012, 05:00 PM
lol....this thread is hillarious!!!!

First of all.......if Eli goes down it really doesn't matter who is there. We are done for. That being said, the only one who would give us ANY shot at all is Carr because he knows the playbook. If you are basing your opinion on his play on the preseason games then you shouldn't be posting at all. The line he had to work behind may as not have even been there at all. Carr is gun-shy from taking a beating in his early years at the Texans, but given time behind the 1st team o-line he's very servicable and can make plays with his feet.

V Young is a head case and too dumb to grasp the playbook.

Lastly, there people who are paid to make these decisions....thinking you have some idea of what is better for this team than they do is delusional and is worthy of the ridicule you have and will receive.
I completely disagree with your shallow stance that Eli is the only capable QB in the whole world to grasp the playbook.

And what exactly did Carr do so great at any point in his NFL career that suggest he's any better than Vince Young? I fail to get your logic.

If Carr knowing the playbook is your best ammo, it's as good as admitting that Carr has nothing. Carr can run? Vince can run better.

You are under a delusion that Carr is a quality backup QB but he really isn't, you just don't know it yet because he hasn't played extensively for years.

Let us hope that Carr never has to take the snap for the Giants in the near future, because when that happens, you will look like a total fool for ever bothering to defend Carr.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 05:03 PM
LOL I rest my case.......this Barrister is far better than me at closing arguments :O)

I think Perrilloux will stay......did you not find it extremely odd the Giants did not play anyone but Carr?
It was as if they just wanted to confirm their suspicions that he is just not the right guy for the job.

Joe Morrison
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM

I can't believe that now finally everyone has realized they can't bash Eli anymore so they are going against Carr, Carr is staying, Carr will be fine if he has to take the drivers seat for awhile, get over it, when are you all going to realize you have no idea what Perriloux has absorbed as far as the game plan goes. Please think of something else to whine about.