PDA

View Full Version : 2012 college football thread

nycsportzfan
08-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Seasons underway! Can't believe this threads not all ready going! ANyhow, Marcus Lattimore just scored a TD to take lead in 4th qter against Vandy.. Not overly impressed with S.Carolinas D-Line in this one yet...

nycsportzfan
08-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Looking forward to seeing Marquees Wilson in the night cap against BYU...

nycsportzfan
08-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Levon Bell looks great against boise st...

nycsportzfan
09-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Tyler Eifert with his first catch of the yr,,. Had em lined up out wide.. Versatility..

nycsportzfan
09-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Man this Everett Golson kid looks sharp on the opening drive for ND.. No cierre wood, no problem so far..

nycsportzfan
09-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Theo Rid**** RB ND can ball!

nycsportzfan
09-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Theo Rid**** with 11yrd TD run! What a beast series for the RB playing big minutes for Cierre Wood today!

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Illinois has a bunch of nice prospects on Defense. Big time athletes and pure playmakers. They lose Mercillus the FF machine but still have Brown,Spence,Buchanan and Hawthorne

Buddy333
09-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Interesting game tonight. Think Alabama is going to beat Michigan up pretty good but we shall see. Alabama did lose a lot of talent to the NFL.

nycsportzfan
09-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Man, Travis Howard DB Ohio St can ball! had a solid yr last yr and started this yr off with 2interception game.. Good size as well at 6ft 1in 196lb

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 09:58 PM
What an A whopping going on. Alabama is just smothering Michigan. Denard Robinson is just not accurate enough QB to beat Bama. 21-0 in the 1st quarter. It really looks like Men against boys so far

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Man, Travis Howard DB Ohio St can ball! had a solid yr last yr and started this yr off with 2interception game.. Good size as well at 6ft 1in 196lbYeah Ohio State has a bunch of nice DB's. they all are big fast and athletic.I think ohio States Defense is being overlooked they are kind of loaded

Buddy333
09-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Ohio state will be very good with heir new head coach. He just wins. By the way, I said Alabama would beat up on Michigan. It's getting to be embarrassing now.

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Ohio state will be very good with heir new head coach. He just wins. By the way, I said Alabama would beat up on Michigan. It's getting to be embarrassing now. Alabama's defense can be overwhelming. Im really impressed with how good there offense looks so far. The best thing about Alabama is there is no tricks. They line up man on man and kick your *** like Football was made to be played

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 10:41 PM
There u go Robinson. Nice throw. Horrible play by the CB though. Impressed with Robinsons run into the endzone there. Thats hard to do against Alabama

Buddy333
09-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Agree about their offense. I knew their defense was very good, but the offense surprised me tonight.

nycsportzfan
09-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah Ohio State has a bunch of nice DB's. they all are big fast and athletic.I think ohio States Defense is being overlooked they are kind of loaded agreed.. There gonna be tough..

By the way, Matin Te'o had a pretty solid game today as well.. He got himself a number of hard hitting tackles and a pick...

nycsportzfan
09-02-2012, 12:29 AM
by the way, Oliver RB Buff managed to carry 30times 111yrd 1td against Georgia today.. Not great on the YPC pct 3.7, but certainly prooved he can do some damage against big time clubs...

nycsportzfan
09-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Kenjon Barner is gonna be a 2nd rder.. Hes just so freaking dangerous!

nycsportzfan
09-02-2012, 12:45 AM
One of my favorite players in the country Kenny Vaccaro got himself a Pick in first game of the yr.. If we can't resign KP, i'm telling you, this is the guy i want! Vaccaro is a beast!

BlueSanta
09-02-2012, 04:24 AM
One of my favorite players in the country Kenny Vaccaro got himself a Pick in first game of the yr.. If we can't resign KP, i'm telling you, this is the guy i want! Vaccaro is a beast!

He very good for sure, I was actually shocked when he came back last year. But, isnt he better suited to be a strong safety?

If we are talking about possibly replaceing KP on the back end, I think the discussion has to start with TJ Macdonald.

nycsportzfan
09-02-2012, 09:27 AM
He very good for sure, I was actually shocked when he came back last year. But, isnt he better suited to be a strong safety?

If we are talking about possibly replaceing KP on the back end, I think the discussion has to start with TJ Macdonald. I think of KP as a Strong Saftey for some reason.. I'd rather have Rolle at FS and Vaccaro at SS...

BlueSanta
09-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I think of KP as a Strong Saftey for some reason.. I'd rather have Rolle at FS and Vaccaro at SS...

I guess they are both capable of doing either.

To be honest, I would be happy with either Vac or TJmac. They are both extremely good prospects.

nycsportzfan
09-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I guess they are both capable of doing either.

To be honest, I would be happy with either Vac or TJmac. They are both extremely good prospects. Gotta agree there.. I'm liking a bunch of safetys this yr.. Baccari Rambo is freaking insane as well! Is he hurt? Also, Elam and Boyett.. A sleeper i like is Prentiss Waggner of Tennesee.. Hes definetly a FS and needs to add about 8-10lbs at least, but i could see him as a versatile DB that can cover some.. I like his ball skills as well..

nycsportzfan
09-02-2012, 09:51 PM
man, i liked Nick Foles a ton going into this draft, and Arizona gots another solid QB in Matt Scott.. Dual QB who needs to put on weight but is accurate and can beat u with his feet as well as arm. Had a huge game against Toledo in Wk 1.. Hes got a couple nice wr's in buckner and hill..

born blue
09-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Kenjon Barner is gonna be a 2nd rder.. Hes just so freaking dangerous!

Agreed. He and D'Anthony Thomas are the most exciting 1-2 punch in CFB. And the frosh QB Mariota was very impressive running the spread. I know Ark St is not a top level team, but that was one impressive first half by the ducks! They just have so much speed on both sides of the ball.

Look out USC...

nycsportzfan
09-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Agreed. He and D'Anthony Thomas are the most exciting 1-2 punch in CFB. And the frosh QB Mariota was very impressive running the spread. I know Ark St is not a top level team, but that was one impressive first half by the ducks! They just have so much speed on both sides of the ball.

Look out USC... agreed.. Ya, after the 1st half, they only put up 7points, which shows u how much it was all the players on the starting team that destroyed Ark st, and not just anyone can do that, hence the 2nd team only getting 7points in a half plus of minutes...

tonyt830
09-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I just want to see what O-linemen will be coming out in the draft this year. Bama's O-line looks real good. The Giants need to nail it this year with addressing our o-line.

BlueSanta
09-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Your boy Logan Thomas has serious footwork issues. I also am not sure about his smarts at this point.

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Your boy Logan Thomas has serious footwork issues. I also am not sure about his smarts at this point. He isnt my boy as far as overall.. But i like em... That don't mean i think hes gonna be great as a pro, but i think he can be josh freeman like...

Man, Munchie Legaux QB Cincy made the sickest juke move on his way to like a 70yrd run! Just insane!!!

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Pitt is dreadful, and as we know, Tino Sunseri is just dreadful! Never have i seen a team shoot themselves in the foot so often! They got a gritty lineamn Chris Jacobsen whos a 6th yr SR, and i liked as a late rder/UDF, but he made a couple killer penalties that litteraly took points off the board once, and probably twice.. That sour taste will be hard to get outta my mouth.. Ray Graham looks pretty solid being less then a yr off of ACL tear...

nycsportzfan
09-08-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm watching NC ST VS UCONN to start my day, and very unimpressed with Mike Glennon.. Yes, UCONNS D looks good, but he looks skittish out there so far and could be doing a bit better.. Mind u it is early...

nycsportzfan
09-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Nc States gonna have to fire there head coach.. There going nowhere, and Dana Bible is overrated...

BlueSanta
09-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Nc States gonna have to fire there head coach.. There going nowhere, and Dana Bible is overrated...

I agree. In fact, I think there are a few bad coaches in the ACC. NCST have some talent on that team and the coaching just hasnt lived up to the talent.

I am also not impressed with Mike London at Virginia. That team has talent too and they just look very disorganized at times. Anyone who watched that PSU game today has to wonder what on earth London was doing. UVA won that game despite London.

Lastly, I would say the Clemson defensive coaches are horrific. How many good NFL caliber players have come out of Clemson's defense in recent years, yet they NEVER have a good defense.

Oddly, the coach in the ACC who routinely gets the most out of his talent might be Jim Grobe at Wake Forrest. That guy has almost nothing to work with recruitment wise and always seems to coach em up.

Redeyejedi
09-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm watching NC ST VS UCONN to start my day, and very unimpressed with Mike Glennon.. Yes, UCONNS D looks good, but he looks skittish out there so far and could be doing a bit better.. Mind u it is early...Glennon was awful against Tenn last week. He threw 4 picks.He will get drafted higher then he should most likely because physically he has the tools.

Redeyejedi
09-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I agree. In fact, I think there are a few bad coaches in the ACC. NCST have some talent on that team and the coaching just hasnt lived up to the talent.

I am also not impressed with Mike London at Virginia. That team has talent too and they just look very disorganized at times. Anyone who watched that PSU game today has to wonder what on earth London was doing. UVA won that game despite London.

Lastly, I would say the Clemson defensive coaches are horrific. How many good NFL caliber players have come out of Clemson's defense in recent years, yet they NEVER have a good defense.

Oddly, the coach in the ACC who routinely gets the most out of his talent might be Jim Grobe at Wake Forrest. That guy has almost nothing to work with recruitment wise and always seems to coach em up.worst coaching of the day goes to Arkansas. Up 21-7 they lose Tyler Wilson. Instead of leaning on Knile Davis and Dennis Johnson 2 future NFL RB's they let a freshman QB throw the ball over and over. He was 6-20 for 85 yards. I dont know if anyone saw OT but is was the most pathetic thing ive ever seen, Arkansas has a huge advantage in size on the lines but didnt run the ball once. They were dropping 7 or 8 into coverage and they just kept throwing the ball. Not only were they throwing it every play but they werent even trying to get 1st downs. They were just chucking the ball into the end zone over and over . They ran 6 plays from the 25 yard line and they would drop back run around for 5 secs and wildly chuck the ball at Cobi Hamilton.So much disorganization. Other then the PI they called it looked like every other play the receivers had broken off the routes and were just running around. If they replay it u have to see the OT it was just awful. I dont know how u dont give the ball to Davis or Johnson once. Then on the 4th and 1 not 1 defender played contain and the QB ran 20 yards into the end zone untouched. How does no one play contain on a short yardage play in OT. It reminded me of that Vick play when he ran 40 yards when the Giants were self destructing Aaron Ross was day dreaming and let Vick get outside. Kudos to ULM coaches though not letting the kicker come out to tie it and just go for it on 4th down. Guarantee the kicker would of missed the 30 yard FG

nycsportzfan
09-13-2012, 08:48 PM
God, watching this S.fla vs rutgers game, and its just gross! Talk about not trusting ur offense.. Bj Daniels has been around forever now, and they still don't let em do anything..lol

nycsportzfan
09-13-2012, 08:55 PM
wow now rutgers is moving the ball.. Nova actually making some good throws.. Khaseem Greene is a animal by the way!

nycsportzfan
09-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Rutgers is terrible! Seriously, i knew they'd F'up the drive and they did..lol Nova has wideopen wr on 3rd down but hes clueless as all rutgers QB's seem to be these days, and then they have a 42yrd fg attempt and they get it blocked..llol What a putrid offense!

Buddy333
09-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I think RU will be fine. Greene and Ryan on defense look very good.

nycsportzfan
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I think RU will be fine. Greene and Ryan on defense look very good. nah, they su-ck.. But S.Fla is dreadful... Either way, the sickest spin move and td run by Jawan Jamison! I know u saw that? Rutgers isn't beating anyone special though..

Buddy333
09-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Eh. We shall see. I think Nova is getting better each game and they have a very solid defense. They really just have to clean things up. They had way to many penalties and actually should intercepted the ball on he 1 but instead USF caught it and scored.

nycsportzfan
09-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Eh. We shall see. I think Nova is getting better each game and they have a very solid defense. They really just have to clean things up. They had way to many penalties and actually should intercepted the ball on he 1 but instead USF caught it and scored. Ya, they definetly have some talent, no doubt about it.. There way to undisciplined and i don't think Nova's good enough yet to do much more then lead them to wins aginst medicore to slightly less teams.. I hope i'm wrong as i like Rutgers...

nycsportzfan
09-14-2012, 11:36 PM
u Want to talk about bad football.. Wash St is putrid.. How are they a PAC12 school? They were up 28-10 and in a matter of seconds seemingly, its 28-20.. The worst Defense i've ever seen..

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Welp, No.Illinois has found themselves another stout QB.. Everyone knows how much i loved Chandler Harnish(he was very impresive in presason for colts), and now they got Jordan Lynch, whos more a Running QB, but can't throw it alitte as well... TOday hes rushed for over 100yrds in 1st half and is 5-7 passing against Army.. Hes a beast..

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:09 PM
No excuse for Josh Boyce to have 1catch against Kansas almost at Halftime.. Ur best player needs to ball.. 2key turnovers in teh redzone have TCU with only 7points with 3plus mins to go till half.. Not impressed with TCU today.. THey seem very disorganized.. Pachall has a heck of arm though..

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Zach Maynard hasen't been overly impressive the first half.. Braxton Miller on the other hand has grown leaps and bounds since last yr.. Dosen't even look like the same guy.. Kudos to him and the coaching staff..

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:17 PM
wow, Refs blow! A horrible hold call on a CAL td takes 7off the board.. What a joke refs are! The crowd thought they saw a hold but the cal player had his hands inside and there was certainly no hold, not even close..

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
The refs in this Ohio St game are a freaking joke! I can Ref better then these bums!

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:24 PM
The refs in this Ohio St game are a freaking joke! I can Ref better then these bums! seriously, these refs are pukes! If u can't man up and call a game fairly because ur scared of fans who are in the stands and ur just a big puss, then go home! Freaking old piece of cr-ap refs!

THe announcers can't believe some of these calls.. There talking about it not being fair that its a big 10crew because its almost blatently obvious how bias they are toward Ohio St.. It makes it hard to even watch.. I feel bad for cal,t hey got robbed on at least 5calls.. Seriously,t hats insane!!!

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Welp, No.Illinois has found themselves another stout QB.. Everyone knows how much i loved Chandler Harnish(he was very impresive in presason for colts), and now they got Jordan Lynch, whos more a Running QB, but can't throw it alitte as well... TOday hes rushed for over 100yrds in 1st half and is 5-7 passing against Army.. Hes a beast.. Another beuatiful play by Jordan Lynch.. Hes now 6-8 164yrd 2td 0int/ 5carry 104yrd 1td rush in the first half!!! No.Illinois certainly knows QB's!

nycsportzfan
09-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Again, A coach desrves to be fired by litteraly giving the other team time.. No Illinois had Army out of TO's and there at like midfield with 1min 40 to go and No Illionis was taking TO's and It litteraly gave Army the ex time needed to score with 12secs to go in Half.. Why in the world would u take TO's when ur up 28-13 and the teams at midfield with only a min and some change on the clock????lol How freaking stupid can some of these coaches be? Mike Leach just about inexplicably gave away the game last night as well by throwing the ball when it was 100pct obvious run and going for it on 4th down at about the 43 instead fo puntinging em down inside the 20.. Some of these coaches are mentally challenged.. What did No Illinois think they were gonna do if they got the ball inside the 20 with 1min left anyways?

Its just amazing, that a 2yr old kid could coach better then some of these college coaches.. Wash St nearly lost because of it, and No Illinois just let Army right back in the game because of it.. Beyond annoying and frustrating!

Buddy333
09-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Just saw a highlight reel TD by Cal. Wow! Can't believe that guy stayed on his feet.

Buddy333
09-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Pitt giving V Tech all they can handle.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Wow this game was supposed to be competitive. Bama just slapped the ears back on Arkansas 52-0. And they played most do the second have with backups.. 5th string RB and a freshman Drake is a beast. Also 3rd string QB Sims is unreal.If you have not seen it check out his TD run late in game. He faked out the Hogs D, the announcers, the camera crew and the viewing audience.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 01:18 AM
The play was a fake to the running back and he sold it so well that by the time anyone realized what was going on it was to late because he was in the end zone

miked1958
09-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Oh and I realize Arkansas didn't have Tyler Wilson but I don't think he would of made that mush of a difference. Bama's defense is nasty. Also Wilson doesn't play defense

nycsportzfan
09-16-2012, 02:59 AM
Pitt giving V Tech all they can handle. All i know is i seen that Freshman RB in his first action a week ago against Cincy and was very impressed and he was insane today! Rushel Shell is gonna be a freaking beast!

nycsportzfan
09-16-2012, 04:16 AM
Wow, a good slate of games next week...

Michigan @ Notre Dame
Rutgers @ Arkansas (i like rutgers)
Clemson @ Florida St. (boyd vs manuel)
California @ USC(keenan Allen, Marquise Lee, Robert Woods. Need i say more?)
BYU @ Boise St( this is a nice thursday night treat)
Mizzo @ S.Carolina
LSU @ Auburn
Kansas St @ Oklahoma(game of the week here!)
Arizona @ Oregon

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Wathching Fla St @ S Fla right now, and S Fla is drving at will, all though they only got 3points through 2drives.. I am expecting a bounce back game from Fla St defensively after Clemson game, but i don't know... They are bending but not breaking so far, i'll give em that..

Fla st's offense flew down the field for a TD on there opening drive.. Ej Manuel looked poised and mature..

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Nick Waisome is terrible.. I know he had a pick last week, but hes on the backend of what seems every completion in this S FLA game so far.. Again, S FLA is driving right down FLA ST's defenses throat.. Pretty crazy, how easily as well..

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Nick Waisome is terrible.. I know he had a pick last week, but hes on the backend of what seems every completion in this S FLA game so far.. Again, S FLA is driving right down FLA ST's defenses throat.. Pretty crazy, how easily as well.. No sooner do i get words outta my mouth and Everett Dawkins gets huge SACK..

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 08:26 PM
There ya go FlA St.. Opened up the lead to 13-3 at the half.. I hope they blow the socks of em in the 2nd half... I bet 25bucks on em to cover 16points..

Buddy333
09-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Those Wisconson uniforms are strange.