PDA

View Full Version : How confident are you with the current CB's?

nygon3
08-31-2012, 03:39 AM
With the rash of injuries to the position and departure to jacksonville for Ross, we are looking terribly thin at the position with little experience as well. Are you guys comfortable with our current roster or we do need to make a few moves i.e. trades, waiver wire pick ups... ??????

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated....

BurnerNYG
08-31-2012, 03:43 AM
I'm confident in the Dline which makes our DB's jobs easier.

drewz
08-31-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm pretty confident in the DBs we have as is. There's no need to make any trades or waiver wire pick ups. Once Prince and Hosley get healthy, I'll think we'll be fine. Right now? It's a bit worriesome, but Coe seems like he can hold down the corner for the time being.

GMan-67
08-31-2012, 04:30 AM
not very confident, Jerry better be scouring the wavier wire ... the new IR rule really helps us out though, we can wait on 1 player like a TT without using up a roster spot ... plus the Sash suspension in a weird way helps us, since he won't count against the 53 until week 5

G4L
08-31-2012, 05:13 AM
I think we will do OK until Prince and Hosley get back on the field. With Webster covering the opposing teams #1 WR, we can match up Coe or Tryon with the #2 WR and provide extra safety help if needed. I don't think there are many #2 WR in the league who will be torching Coe with safety help all game.

nygon3
08-31-2012, 05:46 AM
I think we will do OK until Prince and Hosley get back on the field. With Webster covering the opposing teams #1 WR, we can match up Coe or Tryon with the #2 WR and provide extra safety help if needed. I don't think there are many #2 WR in the league who will be torching Coe with safety help all game.

im glad you guys are ... but I'm not so sure after all this is the 3rd time with T2.. whose to say (knoc on wood) that something won't happen later down the road? I like tryon a lot from what i saw last year and his toughness playing with a broken arm, coe had moments last year, but they don't seem like #2 corners 2 me... nickel and dime corners yes... but i would love to be proven wrong and gladly eat crow pie.. I wouldn't mind parting wit a 3rd or lower round pic for some veteran who is established and somewhat familiar with our system...

titwio
08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
I actually think they'll be fine with Coe for the time being. He's got good size for a CB, he's a vet and he's played tough in the time I've watched him play. Honestly the Giants could be a lot worse off than most teams having to turn to their 5th corner to make a start. Coe imo is a pretty solid #5.

Rat_bastich
08-31-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm pretty confident. I think the guys we have can hold down the fort until we find out the full extent of Thomas' injury and until Prince and Hosley come back.

tonyt830
08-31-2012, 07:54 AM
I will feel better when Prince and Hosley are back on the field and healthy. Don't know what to think about T2's injury, whether he is on the final 53 or put on the temp IR.

If anything, I would not mind Reese checking the waiver wire for some decent O-line depth.

nhpgiantsfan
08-31-2012, 08:21 AM
I am not confident at all with our CB's, even with a healthy prince and Holey. But I also feel that any available CB's will be garbage also. So all in with what we have, I guess.

OX1
08-31-2012, 08:46 AM
I don't understand why anyone thinks T2 was going to bounce right back
to his old self coming off major injury (even before he got hurt again).
Takes the rest of the world almost a season to come fully back.

Coe looks aggressive, jamming his guy at least once (many times twice)
coming off the line, which has been lacking in our 2nd corner for quite a while.
Really that is all our D-line needs, is that split second route interuption.
We were so close to another 10 sacks last year.

titwio
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't understand why anyone thinks T2 was going to bounce right back
to his old self coming off major injury (even before he got hurt again).
Takes the rest of the world almost a season to come fully back.

Terrell had a full year which is more than most players who come back from ACL injuries that they suffered during the regular season. T2 had a set back but he was cleared and participating to fully go. Adrian Peterson went down with an ACL in December and is most likely playing week 1...Wes Welker came back quicker than that from his ACL....Thomas if not for his set back should have been ready for the opener with more than enough time and rehab for his knee to be healthy.

Buddy333
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't think TT will be able to help this team. I like him a lot, but I just don't think he is healthy. I hope by the seasons end he proves me wrong. It sounds like Prince and Hosely could both be ready soon. This 1st game might actually be a good time to sit them. It seems like Dallas has a lot of issues with their passing attack. So maybe the Giants won't need Prince and Hosely. If they are close to playing now but don't, we have to remember this 1st game is on a Wednesday and hey won play again until the next Sunday so that gives them a little extra time to get better. Also, they may not have to rush them back to play Tampa either. I mean not to look past anyone but I don think they have the best passing attack. As long as the DL stays healthy they can make any secondary better. If the secondary gets healthy I believe they really do have a lot of talent back there. They could be a very good defense if they get everyone back.

BlueBlitzer
08-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Dallas is " Road Kill ". The points Nicks and Cruz will put up are too much for the Cowboys to overcome. Coe will be fine. Sometime we will have a #1 , a #3 , and eventually a #2 CB back patrolling the secondary. We should be able to knock off Dallas, Tampa Bay, and the Panthers. Eagles should be our biggest challenge. ( And Vick is already starting to get banged up )

OX1
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Terrell had a full year which is more than most players who come back from ACL injuries that they suffered during the regular season. T2 had a set back but he was cleared and participating to fully go. Adrian Peterson went down with an ACL in December and is most likely playing week 1...Wes Welker came back quicker than that from his ACL....Thomas if not for his set back should have been ready for the opener with more than enough time and rehab for his knee to be healthy.

Having a year to heal and rehab, vs the first year you come back from injury and play are two differnt things.
How many times did we hear Osi had just come off injury as the reason for his 2009 play. And that wasn't Osi's second major
knee injury.

Much better chance that T2 starts off not on his best game and improves slowly (if he has no setbacks), which is still the norm. The minor amount of examples where guys come back and immediately play at a high level is just that.

The real question is, would T2's play at a reduced level still better than the choices behind him?

wuzpapn
08-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Our DBs are only as good as our pass rush is. Look at someone like Aaron Ross. He was a mediocre cornerback who played stellar in the playoffs due to our D-Line play. Our NASCAR package is going to make our secondary's lives that much easier.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 11:29 AM
I am very confident........very

Hosley should be back soon. Correy Webster is a Pro Bowl corner. Antrelle Rolle plays the passing game well. Blackburn has a nack for messing up the TE's and slots coming over the middle.

We have a lot of these tough little 5'9" Corners like Coe who are stocky, low to the ground and not afraid to put a hit on someone. Our Saftey's are solid

Our LBers at at least now not a liability and may suprise us as they evolve to one of the leagues best units.....they are beginning to pressure the QB too

Our D Line is absolutely the best in the NFL, and they afford the opposing QB very little time or lanes to get off a pass.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
The real question is, would T2's play at a reduced level still better than the choices behind him?

I never felt he was going to be the starting corner alongside Webster...I felt the Giants were going to use Amukamara and have Thomas play the slot. That or use him in some kind of hybrid safety role Fewell seemed to mention earlier he thought he was a good fit for. So in those roles I think he would have been better than the other choices being that's the position he's played his best ball at.

The recovery rate for players I guess depends on the player. Thomas said his knee was ready to go at OTA's but they held him back for precaution. Jamaal Charles had the same ACL tear last year and he looks back to his old self already...and he plays RB. I know that micro-fracture knee surgery is something that takes more acclimation to the game to come back from...much like SS12 and KP...ACL's should be able go with a year worth of recovery...At least from what I've noticed and seen.

YATittle1962
08-31-2012, 12:32 PM
if the pass rushers stay healthy our current CBs will be fine