PDA

View Full Version : Cut Thread

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 08:35 AM
So it begins:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
RT @MarcusThomas_79: It was fun working with a great organization like the giants. I could only imagine if I started my career here #nyg

Sounds like Ojomo made it. RT @Bill_Deni: Congrats to @M_Broha on being asked to join the #Giants practice squad. Great accomplishment. #nyg

Laron Scott ‏@laron_scott_34
LOOKS LIKE YA BOY IS STAYING IN THE BIG APPLE... #BLESSED

TE Larry Donnell will be waived but will head to practice squad if he clears. #nyg

MikeGarafolo: WR Isaiah Stanback has been cut. #nyg

As @NotoriousOHM had heard, LB Greg Jones has indeed been waived. #nyg

OT Matt McCants waived. We'll see about practice squad for the 7th-rounder. #nyg

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
LB Jake Muasau has been cut. #NYG

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM
WR David Douglas has been cut by the Giants

WE Dan DePalma waived according to @MIkeGarafolo. DE Craig Marshall cut and potential practice squad option according to @RVacchianoNYDN

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday
DJ Ware cut.

OL Selvish Capers has been waived. Expect him to resurface on the practice squad ... and then get cut ... and then get re-signed

DT Dwayne Hendricks has been waived. #nyg

CB Bruce Johnson (shoulder) will be placed on injured reserve. Tough break for him. #nyg

@MikeGarafolo: Confirmed - DE Adewale Ojomo has made the Giants' final roster. Good for him. #nyg”

GiantFanatic55
08-31-2012, 08:42 AM
GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
RT "@Bill_Deni: Congrats to @M_Broha on being asked to join #Giants pr. squad. Great accomplishment = starting DE on about 26 @NFL teams

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 08:52 AM
GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
RT "@Bill_Deni: Congrats to @M_Broha on being asked to join #Giants pr. squad. Great accomplishment = starting DE on about 26 @NFL teams

Still needs to clear waivers before he can be added to PS officially.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Some what of a surprise here:

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Laron Scott appears to have made the final 53. Had the big pick to save us all from PS OT hell the other night.

Gimaniac
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Please don't let Dallas have Douglas. :(

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Laron Scott really how many corners are they taking

Webster
Amukumara
Hosley
coe

for sure are on the team TT may be on IR. Tryon, Scott thats 6 without TT

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Please don't let Dallas have Douglas. :(I like Douglas I think he showed enough to make the team.

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Laron Scott made the team?? Seriously? His INT was basically a fielded punt. I don't know...I'm scratching my head on this one. The guy is 5'9 and basically the same player as Tryon.

Hard to believe other guys getting cut and Laron Scott making the team.:confused:

Toadofsteel
I like Douglas I think he showed enough to make the team.

Would we carry 7 WR or cut someone else?

Toadofsteel
Laron Scott made the team?? Seriously? His INT was basically a fielded punt. I don't know...I'm scratching my head on this one. The guy is 5'9 and basically the same player as Tryon.

Sounds like TT is headed to IR with the new rules in place...

fansince69
08-31-2012, 09:02 AM
im confused...these do not look official to me...other than Garfalo( a beat writer who may know) who are the rest od these sources?

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 09:02 AM
I also think Justin Tryon might be out, but again, if T2 goes to the temporary IR list, then I think Tryon comes back. Just my guesses here.

Robz
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
pleaseee dont let dallas get douglas!!!

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
im confused...these do not look official to me...other than Garfalo( a beat writer who may know) who are the rest od these sources?

Broha came from his agent, Scott from himself, and Thomas from himself:

Patricia Traina has been a Giants beat reporter for 15 years.

Pretty good sources.

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:06 AM
pleaseee dont let dallas get douglas!!!

It would be weird if they did...they just cut Danny Coale and he's a guy I wouldn't mind the Giants being interested in.

talbot
08-31-2012, 09:07 AM
I think that Manning kid makes the practice squad

Robz
08-31-2012, 09:08 AM
It would be weird if they did...they just cut Danny Coale and he's a guy I wouldn't mind the Giants being interested in.

yep, and he's another V-Tech guy too! lol

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Clarification on Scott:

Quick note re: Laron Scott. He is PS eligible so his tweet doesn't necessarily mean he's made the final 53.

But again would have to clear waivers before can officially be put on PS if that is the case.

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:12 AM
yep, and he's another V-Tech guy too! lol

Them Virginia kids are some tough cookies...

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Clarification on Scott:

Quick note re: Laron Scott. He is PS eligible so his tweet doesn't necessarily mean he's made the final 53.

But again would have to clear waivers before can officially be put on PS if that is the case.

I'd be perplexed if he made the team...of all the guys fighting for a spot, if Laron Scott made the 53....I wouldn't know what to think. Outside of that easy interception he's basically shown nothing.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 09:22 AM
For those asking if DB Laron Scott means practice squad when he says he's staying, yeah, that'd be my guess, too. #nyg

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 09:31 AM
TE Larry Donnell will be waived but will head to practice squad if he clears. #nyg

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:34 AM

How did I miss this guy in preseason...6'6 270lbs?

http://prod.static.giants.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/NYG/photos/person-assets/player-cards/donnell-larry.jpg

Looks athletic too...

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 09:39 AM
First LB to fall:

Hearing Giants might've cut LB Greg Jones. Giants make transactions official later today.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 09:40 AM
MikeGarafolo: WR Isaiah Stanback has been cut. #nyg

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
First LB to fall:

Hearing Giants might've cut LB Greg Jones. Giants make transactions official later today.

NO! :mad:..............

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Not to be a jerk but lets put the comments on a different thread.
I dont want to have to read 40 pages to find out who got cut becuz everyone is putting in comments like "why him?" and "Manning to Practice Squad".
Lets just stick with information... PLEASE.

TheEnigma
08-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Not to be a jerk but lets put the comments on a different thread.
I dont want to have to read 40 pages to find out who got cut becuz everyone is putting in comments like "why him?" and "Manning to Practice Squad".
Lets just stick with information... PLEASE.

Check the first post of this thread bro.

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Greg Jones was waived....I'm pissed!

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Check the first post of this thread bro.
Call me insighful but im fairly confident that there will be more cuts then whats on the very first post.
I just dont want to have to skim to page 36 to find em.

njg85m
08-31-2012, 09:55 AM

Any other season than this one and I would think he is a lock to make the team. We're just really darn deep at WR this year. Unless we were gonna get rid of Hixon, Douglas is the odd man out IMO.

BlueMetal 40
08-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo)
OT Matt McCants waived. We'll see about practice squad for the 7th-rounder. #nyg (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23nyg)

titwio
Call me insighful but im fairly confident that there will be more cuts then whats on the very first post.

This thread is not official...It's random tweets he posting from different beat writers. If you want to read what's official without "skimming"...go to the sticky thread on TAGF...not much comments there for ya!

TheEnigma

When something new happens, he updates the original post. So when the new information comes out, he will add it so you can check it all out without having to skim. Everyone wins.

BlueMetal 40
08-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN (https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN)
LB Jake Muasau has been cut. #NYG (https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23NYG)

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 10:00 AM
This thread is not official...It's random tweets he posting from different beat writers. If you want to read what's official without "skimming"...go to the sticky thread on TAGF...not much comments there for ya!

Oh cmon man...we all know "official" takes way too long. And the OP still hasnt put anything down for McCants being waived. And to find that out we have to skim to page 4 becuz of all the "filler".

byron
08-31-2012, 10:00 AM
This thread is not official...It's random tweets he posting from different beat writers. If you want to read what's official without "skimming"...go to the sticky thread on TAGF...not much comments there for ya! ok thanks ... none of this is offical... thats what I throught

titwio
08-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh cmon man...we all know "official" takes way too long. And the OP still hasnt put anything down for McCants being waived. And to find that out we have to skim to page 4 becuz of all the "filler".

Sorry you don't get your way...this is a forum and people want to comment and discuss the "rumors" of players making the squad.

I'll be easy...here's basically the same info your getting here:
http://www.facebook.com/giants101

K (http://www.facebook.com/giants101)nock yourself out....no filler.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 10:16 AM
ok thanks ... none of this is offical... thats what I throught

The cuts won't be made official by the Giants till later tonight but the beat writers that are breaking the cuts have confirmed them through their sources within the organization or confirmed by the players themselves.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 10:18 AM
LARRY DONNELL JR. ‏@BEYOND_GREATNES
In my book I have achieved a great accomplishment, will continue to grind n get better! NYG Practice squad

wuzpapn
08-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Pretty sad to see Greg Jones go.

Rod-Diggity
08-31-2012, 10:19 AM
according to ohm greg jones has been cut wonder if they're think about keeping douglass especially with that new ir rule

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 10:21 AM
according to ohm greg jones has been cut wonder if they're think about keeping douglass especially with that new ir rule

The new IR rule will most likely be used on Thomas or Austin.

byron
08-31-2012, 10:22 AM
The cuts won't be made official by the Giants till later tonight but the beat writers that are breaking the cuts have confirmed them through their sources within the organization or confirmed by the players themselves...... ok I will watch your OP....thanks

titwio
08-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Greg Jones definitely is sad...He came up big last year on ST's and thought he could have been the Giants future at LB.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 10:24 AM

TheEnigma
08-31-2012, 10:25 AM

Uh-oh. Giants board isn't going to be happy today...

fansince69
08-31-2012, 10:26 AM

that clears up a lot of speculation about wr position

njg85m

Not happy, but we knew it was coming.

ryan12

you got that right cut that injury prone has been hixon

Robz
08-31-2012, 10:28 AM

noooooo....

Roosevelt
08-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Sad day for all the guys who get released. These guys are all good ball players.

TheEnigma
08-31-2012, 10:29 AM
I could see the Jets or Dolphins grabbing him

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 10:30 AM
So it begins:

RT @MarcusThomas_79: It was fun working with a great organization like the giants. I could only imagine if I started my career here #nyg

Well don't I feel like a dope to think that it was 100% guaranteed Marcus Thomas would make it. Not pleased with this at all. Kuhn and Hendricks will likely both make it now and they better step it up with Rogers and Austin likely to be out indefinitely and Canty on the PUP. Seems odd that they'd pass up on Thomas who is a veteran and can be a proven commodity.

wuzpapn
Douglas cut. I'm sure we'll still see him Wednesday. Jerry Jones can't wait to scoop up that boy.

jomo
Sad day for all the guys who get released. These guys are all good ball players.Always feel terrible for these guys who share a dream, work their butts off and come up just a bit short. Some will surely find opportunities elsewhere.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 10:33 AM
WE Dan DePalma waived according to @MIkeGarafolo. DE Craig Marshall cut and potential practice squad option according to @RVacchianoNYDN

bill2000
08-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Too bad about Douglas. Ran into the buzzsaw of being so deep at WR but it seemed to me that he was a versatile guy who could have handled punts and kickoffs as well.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Coughlin will rue the day he cut Douglas

fansince69
08-31-2012, 10:40 AM

Doubt it...

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 10:40 AM
If Jones is cut it doesnt surprise me. I see a maxed out player. Not enough size ,speed,agility for the NFL

Flip Empty
08-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz make me think otherwise...

TheEnigma
08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Gotta trust the coaching staff on this one guys. If anyone knows receivers, it's Coughlin.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
gotta think Austin is ready to practice and get back on the field if they cut thomas...

timmytimm3
08-31-2012, 10:48 AM
RT @DannyWare28: 5 great years and 2 SB rings its been fun #NYG. Time is done here - #nyg

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 10:49 AM
wow! Ware cut

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 10:50 AM
i was right about my theory on ware not playing vs NE didnt mean he was safe and that it meant the giants KNEW what he could do, they had to find out what scott and brown could do.
get ready to see A LOT OF WILSON!

JB456
08-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Well don't I feel like a dope to think that it was 100% guaranteed Marcus Thomas would make it. Not pleased with this at all. Kuhn and Hendricks will likely both make it now and they better step it up with Rogers and Austin likely to be out indefinitely and Canty on the PUP. Seems odd that they'd pass up on Thomas who is a veteran and can be a proven commodity.

I am completely confused by this as well. With all the injuries to the DT position, why would you cut a proven NFL starter whose numbers were improving? There must be something at work that we don't know about. I wonder if he was out of shape or some type of injury that was slowing him down.

the-wild-healer
08-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Please don't let Dallas have Douglas. :(

Makes me want him, especially with the receiver that we cut.

TheEnigma
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Is it wrong that I'm happy to see Ware cut? Not because I dislike the guy but I never thought he was impressive outside of his pass protection skills. I think this means that they are pleased with Wilson's progress and possibly of Scott and Brown as well.

Axels17
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
RT @DannyWare28: 5 great years and 2 SB rings its been fun #NYG. Time is done here - #nyg

LOL Who was the guy ripping on Ohm for calling this cut?

Rudyy
08-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Is it wrong that I'm happy to see Ware cut? Not because I dislike the guy but I never thought he was impressive outside of his pass protection skills. I think this means that they are pleased with Wilson's progress and possibly of Scott and Brown as well. You are not alone.

titwio
08-31-2012, 10:58 AM
And it begins....

I'm surprised Ware got cut...They didn't even play him in the last preseason game..That's some cold shhh.

All that aside, I'm not disappointed at all.

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 10:58 AM
gotta think Austin is ready to practice and get back on the field if they cut thomas...

Sorry that gives me no warm and fuzzy feeling. Thomas/Joseph with Austin/Kuhn or Austin/Hendricks backing up > Austin/Joseph with Kuhn and Hendricks backing up.

RagTime Blue
08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Douglas cut. I'm sure we'll still see him Wednesday. Jerry Jones can't wait to scoop up that boy.

1. Why does everyone think he's going to Dallas?
2. Why does anyone think it's a big deal if he did?

Could someone fill me in please? Thanks (seriously).

Robz
08-31-2012, 11:06 AM
And it begins....

I'm surprised Ware got cut...They didn't even play him in the last preseason game..That's some cold shhh.

i think that second preseason game really ticked the giants off were he looked lost, especially when he didn't protect good on the punt protection.

Flip Empty
08-31-2012, 11:08 AM

They'd probably made their decision already.

jomo
08-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Is it wrong that I'm happy to see Ware cut? Not because I dislike the guy but I never thought he was impressive outside of his pass protection skills. I think this means that they are pleased with Wilson's progress and possibly of Scott and Brown as well.Any time a good player of veteran player is cut (and money is not the issue) it means that we have upgraded the position. We should all be excited about that as we wish Ware well and thank him for his contributions.

RagTime Blue
And it begins....

I guess pass-protection isn't something that takes years to develop for everyone.

fansince69
1. Why does everyone think he's going to Dallas?
2. Why does anyone think it's a big deal if he did?

Could someone fill me in please? Thanks (seriously).

for some reason he has taken on ROCK STAR" status among many on these boards.....He got a little press early in training camp and then in the third game he fielded some punts and it has just taken off

Redeyejedi
Sorry that gives me no warm and fuzzy feeling. Thomas/Joseph with Austin/Kuhn or Austin/Hendricks backing up > Austin/Joseph with Kuhn and Hendricks backing up.U dont cut young talent for 6 weeks of a guy.he was gone soon as Canty came back anyway. So why would u get rid of the kids for that. I see much more talent from Hendricks and Kuhn then Thomas anyway

repeatchamps
I am completely confused by this as well. With all the injuries to the DT position, why would you cut a proven NFL starter whose numbers were improving? There must be something at work that we don't know about. I wonder if he was out of shape or some type of injury that was slowing him down.

He did look a bit large when he was in the game against the Pats but still, I just don't feel comfortable going with Joseph, Austin, Hendricks and Kuhn until Canty and maybe Rogers is ready.

Giantz4Life
08-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for that 2 point conversion against GB during the regular season, Ware. You ran that shotgun draw like nobody was watching (however most people did look away when we ran the shotgun draw).

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 11:12 AM
U dont cut young talent for 6 weeks of a guy.he was gone soon as Canty came back anyway. So why would u get rid of the kids for that. I see much more talent from Hendricks and Kuhn then Thomas anyway

Understand your point but what happens to those young guys when Canty and maybe even Rogers comes back? Same fate as dumping one of them now.

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Understand your point but what happens to those young guys when Canty and maybe even Rogers comes back? Same fate as dumping them now.By then other injuries might of happened. Plus u could cut Bernard. Doubt Rodgers comes back

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:16 AM
So what's the over/under on Ware getting picked up by the Lions?

TheEnigma
08-31-2012, 11:16 AM
So what's the over/under on Ware getting picked up by the Lions?

Waiting to see the Saints cuts first and then we will get a better idea.

GoDeep80
08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for that 2 point conversion against GB during the regular season, Ware. You ran that shotgun draw like nobody was watching (however most people did look away when we ran the shotgun draw).I don't look away..I just cringe

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
By then other injuries might of happened. Plus u could cut Bernard. Doubt Rodgers comes back

And if no other injuries happen that require IR? Same chance that there are injuries or aren't injuries by that time. Also, how about if Bernard is having a career year? He's looked as good as he ever has so far.

Snappinnecks
08-31-2012, 11:18 AM
I think Broha and Douglas will be the ones to land on other teams right off the bat.

njg85m
08-31-2012, 11:20 AM
From giants 101 on FB

Adam Schefter says it "sounds like" the New York Giants are in the market to trade for an offensive lineman.

manning to shockey
08-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Don't know if this was posted yet.

DJ Ware cut.

Giants cut D.J. Ware, ending running back's five-year tenure with club: Move means Andre Brown, Da'Rel Scott lik... http://bit.ly/QJfkyn

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 11:24 AM
like i said in a thread i made that was speculating on why they were cut, which was closed for some reason, Thomas being cut means Austin is ready to play and that the coaches think he can make a solid contribution. just my take on it tho. he is a potential starter with his talents...

BParcells777
Nicks and Cruz do not field punts.........Douglas was very sure handed and confident in one of the toughest positions in sports

TheEnigma
From giants 101 on FB

Anthony Collins please.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Nicks and Cruz do not field punts.........Douglas was very sure handed and confident in one of the toughest positions in sports

Guess they're thinking Hixon or Hosley will take the punt duties.

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 11:26 AM
like i said in a thread i made that was speculating on why they were cut, which was closed for some reason, Thomas being cut means Austin is ready to play and that the coaches think he can make a solid contribution. just my take on it tho. he is a potential starter with his talents...

Hasn't played meaningful football in two years and that was in college. He is also experiencing back problems. Not comfortable with Austin, Joseph, Hendricks and Kuhn sorry. Guess I have to get used it being that way for awhile, nothing I can do about it.

FBomb
08-31-2012, 11:29 AM

"for some reason"??? You've been a member long enough to know why. It was closed because this thread already existed before the one you started.

As for everyone that is whining.......you don't know better than the Giants staff who should stay and who should go. Just stop it.

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
"for some reason"??? You've been a member long enough to know why. It was closed because this thread already existed before the one you started.

As for everyone that is whining.......you don't know better than the Giants staff who should stay and who should go. Just stop it.

No one is saying we know better. You are comfortable with Austin, Joseph, Hendricks and Kuhn because the Giants staff says so? Wish I could feel that way but I can't. To each their own I guess.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 11:31 AM

no. it was actual a misunderstanding. i was commenting on why i thought they were cut and the MOD wanted a link to the news of them actually being cut. The MOD reopened it. I just was unsure bc I was trying to discuss why, not the actual list of cuts.

btw, no need to be so condescending. it gets old, fast.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:31 AM
No one is saying we know better. You are comfortable with Austin, Joseph, Hendricks and Kuhn because the Giants staff says so? Wish I could feel that way but I can't. To each their own I guess.

And Bernard...I would guess Joseph and Rocky will be the starters till Canty comes back.

GameTime
08-31-2012, 11:33 AM
very sure handed??....how many punts did he field???

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
And Bernard...I would guess Joseph and Rocky will be the starters till Canty comes back.

Yes, Bernard makes it a little better. Pray both Linval and Rocky stay healthy.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Austin could be very good in Cantys role...a lot of 1v1's...

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Giants backfield will consist of Bradshaw and no one else w more than 1 year NFL experience.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 11:36 AM
GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
Potential for @giants waiver pickups are at OL DT RB CB RET...very good bet tonight 53 not 53 vs dallas

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Austin could be very good in Cantys role...a lot of 1v1's...

Can be, absolutely. Considering the time he's missed and him still dealing with a back problem getting anything useful out of him early in the season is overly optimisitc in my humble opinion.

GameTime
08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Giants backfield will consist of Bradshaw and no one else w more than 1 year NFL experience.

every RB was at that point at sometime....
After AB and DW it didnt really matter who the Giants kept IMO.....

Overdrive92
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
So I guess Ware didn't have nude pics of Coughlin after all....

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Can be, absolutely. Considering the time he's missed and him still dealing with a back problem getting anything useful out of him early in the season is overly optimisitc in my humble opinion.

your opinion is 1000% valid. I just love an underdog story, and at this point, austin kinda is an underdog

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:40 AM

I think Bradshaw, Wilson and Scott has some deadly potential. That's a lot of speed and toughness.

*I'll reserve my excitement on Brown for the future...

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 11:40 AM

Pretty much confirms Kuhn has made the 53.

BlueSanta
08-31-2012, 11:43 AM

That seemed like a no brainer to me. Kuhn has been 1 of the more visible performers this preseason. Reports out of practices have been good too.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Damn, Hendricks put in some good effort. Tough luck for him.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 11:44 AM
That seemed like a no brainer to me. Kuhn has been 1 of the more visible performers this preseason. Reports out of practices have been good too.

Could move Ojomo inside he played inside a good amount a Miami.

Overdrive92
8 more cuts to go! Here's the current list of cuts:

RB D.J. Ware
DE Matt Broha
DT Marcus Thomas
S Tyler Sash (reserve/suspended)
TE Larry Donnell
WR Isaiah Stanback
LB Greg Jones
OT Matt McCants
LB Jake Muasau
DE Craig Marshall
WR David Douglas
WR Dan DePalma
OL Selvish Capers
DT Dwayne Hendricks

Can this list be added to the first post?

Still 9 CB's on the team. Expect a few of them to get cut.

GameTime

"Ja".......Es gefällt mir

Overdrive92
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM
CB Bruce Johnson (shoulder) will be placed on injured reserve. Tough break for him. #nyg

This guy is so injury prone. Either way...7 cuts to go.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
"Ja".......Es gefällt mir

Tha Germanator!

Moke
08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
I knew DJ Ware would get cut. Figured...

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
8 more cuts to go! Here's the current list of cuts:

RB D.J. Ware
DE Matt Broha
DT Marcus Thomas
S Tyler Sash (reserve/suspended)
TE Larry Donnell
WR Isaiah Stanback
LB Greg Jones
OT Matt McCants
LB Jake Muasau
DE Craig Marshall
WR David Douglas
WR Dan DePalma
OL Selvish Capers
DT Dwayne Hendricks

Can this list be added to the first post?

Still 9 CB's on the team. Expect a few of them to get cut.

I think Laron Scott should probably be on this list. He said he is staying in NY but no one knows whether he made the 53 or PS. PS would be my guess.

Overdrive92
08-31-2012, 11:49 AM
^I think Laron Scott will probably be cut as well (moved to Practice Squad), but we won't know for sure until someone reports it.

wuzpapn
08-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Happy with the Ware cut. Sorry to you people that loved him. He offered nothing spectacular. I'll keep Da'Rel Scott ANY DAY of the week.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Happy with the Ware cut. Sorry to you people that loved him.

Who are these people you speak of and point me in their direction...

Overdrive92
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
They may be keeping Laron Scott since I suspect T2 is gonna' be the one who gets moved to IR with designation to be taken off later. So they may be keeping Laron Scott for now.

Webster, Prince, Coe, Tryon, Hosley, and Laron Scott are the CB's, with T2 on IR until he's healthy enough to come off.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
They may be keeping Laron Scott since I suspect T2 is gonna' be the one who gets moved to IR with designation to be taken off later. So they may be keeping Laron Scott for now.

Webster, Prince, Coe, Tryon, Hosley, and Laron Scott are the CB's, with T2 on IR until he's healthy enough to come off.

Yeah that possible they would have to cut Scott then bring him back one T2 goes on IR.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:56 AM
What other corners are left? This Laron Scott nonsense is not sitting well with me.

ELI_Iz_God
08-31-2012, 11:57 AM
I doubt the coaches feel good about these decisions they are being forced to make today. Ever write a big check and you have that gut wrenching feeling as you hand it over? That's probably what it feels like to cut Talent they don't want to let go of.

titwio
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
What other corners are left? This Laron Scott nonsense is not sitting well with me.

Never mind...there are no other corners left..I guess that's why they're keeping him.

Cool Papa B.
08-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Who are these people you speak of and point me in their direction...

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?15647-David-Wilson-1-DJ-Ware-2-and-Bradshaw-3&daysprune=-1

timmytimm3
08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
BOOM

Confirmed - DE Adewale Ojomo has made the Giants' final roster. Good for him. Let the quotes flow... #nyg

wuzpapn
08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Lol, I knew I've read a few things from people on here wanting Ware to stay in the mix.

titwio
08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?15647-David-Wilson-1-DJ-Ware-2-and-Bradshaw-3&daysprune=-1

Actually it was meant to be taken as a joke....but still, that thread is full of people who seem to be anti-Ware anyway..lol

Cool Papa B.
08-31-2012, 12:07 PM
BOOM

Confirmed - DE Adewale Ojomo has made the Giants' final roster. Good for him. Let the quotes flow... #nyg

Welcome to the New York Football Giants!

:) :) :) ....

Cool Papa B.
08-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Actually it was meant to be taken as a joke....but still, that thread is full of people who seem to be anti-Ware anyway..lol

I think I hear Tannenbaum & Rex Ryan calling Ware right now.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Skins have released Tim Hightower possible power back the Giants could look at but i'm not sure what his injury situation is.

titwio
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
I think I hear Tannenbaum & Rex Ryan calling Ware right now.

I think the Lions jump all over him. Jets just drafted Terrance Ganaway and drafted Bilal Powel last year.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Joselio Hansen is an interesting name being talked about on the cut list. He isn't a terrible nickel corner, would upgrade some teams

Moke
08-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Yay for Ojomo! Guy is a beast!

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Joselio Hansen is an interesting name being talked about on the cut list. He isn't a terrible nickel corner, would upgrade some teams

All for releasing Laron Scott for Hansen if Hansen clears waivers of course.

nygmen90
08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
i really wanted douglas to make the team...

titwio
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

He'd definitely be an upgrade over Laron Scott....I'd take Cliff Harris over Scott. Sorry but I'm not that high on the guy at all...I think the Giants are just keeping him till they see what's available on the waiver wire.

ozzie0075
All for releasing Laron Scott for Hansen if Hansen clears waivers of course.

I think he would clear waivers. I can't see anyone picking up his current salary.

repeatchamps
08-31-2012, 12:19 PM
I think he would clear waivers. I can't see anyone picking up his current salary.

Agreed. He's a long time NFC East corner & that isn't chopped liver. If he's healthy he's better than Laron Scott for sure.

ozzie0075
08-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Total number of career carries by current Giants RBs: 707. 700 are from Bradshaw, 2 for Brown, 5 for Scott.

ryan12
08-31-2012, 12:30 PM
I knew DJ Ware would get cut. Figured...

me and you got ripped earlier this week for saying this

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 12:33 PM
hansen is actually a good nickel slot corner. surprised philly let him go.

fansince69
08-31-2012, 12:34 PM

I am not sure ripped is the right word.......3 weeks ago i would have said no way....but as this week rolled on I could almost feel like there was a chance....I can't say I am shocked...maybe a little surprised....but I am sure not upset....to me this just means that our staff feels like our younger guys are an upgrade and I am all for that

ryan12
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
I am not sure ripped is the right word.......3 weeks ago i would have said no way....but as this week rolled on I could almost feel like there was a chance....I can't say I am shocked...maybe a little surprised....but I am sure not upset....to me this just means that our staff feels like our younger guys are an upgrade and I am all for that

agreed i thought we saw dj ware full potential and it was good... brown ran hard this preseason and scott has huge upside would like him and wilson returning kicks. i like our rb's

bill2000
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Re: Ware...it was time to turn the page. Looking forward to a lot of Wilson carries. Get that man some help on the o-line next.

Moke
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM

Yeah, well we said Ware would get cut and people thought he wouldn't. It's a 50/50 right/wrong

burier
08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
MikeGarafolo: WR Isaiah Stanback has been cut. #nyg -- Unfortunate.

DT Dwayne Hendricks has been waived. #nyg -- Unfortunate.

DJ Ware cut--- Finally!! My only question is....Who will run the draw play when we go for the conversion?

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM
im surprised hendricks was cut. TC had nothing but great things to say about him and that he works his butt off. seemed like a TC kind of player. Eh, he'll be on the PS one more season.

BlueSanta
08-31-2012, 01:27 PM
im surprised hendricks was cut. TC had nothing but great things to say about him and that he works his butt off. seemed like a TC kind of player. Eh, he'll be on the PS one more season.

I just think Kuhn beat him out. The guy has made more plays this preseason and reportedly did well in practices too.

Drez
08-31-2012, 01:27 PM
He'd definitely be an upgrade over Laron Scott....I'd take Cliff Harris over Scott. Sorry but I'm not that high on the guy at all...I think the Giants are just keeping him till they see what's available on the waiver wire.
I think Scott is going to be a PSer.

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
They think Marvin Austin can be headed to IR. If he does he is done. He is a bust. No way he comes back from 3 seasons without playing

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, well we said Ware would get cut and people thought he wouldn't. It's a 50/50 right/wrongIts surprising he stuck when there were even better RB's before. Im glad though. I never liked Ware Ive been wanting him cut every season he has been here

Drez
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
They think Marvin Austin can be headed to IR. If he does he is done. He is a bust. No way he comes back from 3 seasons without playing
Maybe they put Austin on the special designation IR.

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Maybe they put Austin on the special designation IR. Maybe they put him on the 53 IR him then resign Hendricks

DaKraken
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM

Ditto, I thought Hendricks had played his way on given the praise by Coughlin. Maybe they thought they could sneak him to the PS easier than Kuhn. Who knows what the impressions were in practice but clearly Kuhn played well enough as a late-round pick to make the active squad (for now).

Any word on Tryon, Tracy, Blackburn?

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 01:33 PM
are you telling me the BIG GERMAN made the team???????

No "I VIL be BACKKKK!!!!".............more........ "Go on Jerry Jones........Make my DAY!!!"

GameTime
08-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Tha Germanator!
even though very corny I hope if and when Kuhn gets his first reg season NFL sack he says to the opposing QB...
"I'll be baaack".......gotta love that

juice33s
08-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Ditto, I thought Hendricks had played his way on given the praise by Coughlin. Maybe they thought they could sneak him to the PS easier than Kuhn. Who knows what the impressions were in practice but clearly Kuhn played well enough as a late-round pick to make the active squad (for now).

Any word on Tryon, Tracy, Blackburn?
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo (http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo)
DE Adrian Tracy is in. That means five DEs on the roster. #nyg (http://twitter.com/search/?q=%23nyg&src=hash)

Giantz4Life
08-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Gotta add Sash to the cut list now

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM
even though very corny I hope if and when Kuhn gets his first reg season NFL sack he says to the opposing QB...
"I'll be baaack".......gotta love that

Here's a hypothetical- Carr is cut, gets picked up by SFO (he knows the playbook), Alex Smith gets hurt by NASCAR and The Germanator barrels after David Carr for his first Sack.......Carr terrified refuses to come out for the 2nd half........... LOL

DaKraken
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Gotta add Sash to the cut list now

Totally agree - overrated IMHO and frankly the whole adderall thing (not knowing, etc) sounds pretty weak. I'd keep Will Hill and another CB instead

juice33s
08-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Totally agree - overrated IMHO and frankly the whole adderall thing (not knowing, etc) sounds pretty weak. I'd keep Will Hill and another CB instead
He's suspended, he doesn't count against the 53

SimmsandLT
08-31-2012, 01:59 PM
He's suspended, he doesn't count against the 53

People keep asking why Laron Scott made the team.. There's your answer. To keep Tyler Sash's place warm for 4 games.

juice33s
08-31-2012, 02:01 PM
People keep asking why Laron Scott made the team.. There's your answer. To keep Tyler Sash's place warm for 4 games.
Stevie Brown falls in to that category aswell

Redeyejedi
08-31-2012, 02:09 PM
are you telling me the BIG GERMAN made the team???????

No "I VIL be BACKKKK!!!!".............more........ "Go on Jerry Jones........Make my DAY!!!"Follow me if U want to win was Garaflos's

tikiandphil
08-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

Didn't we try to get him or showed interest in him once before?

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 02:30 PM
I think there are 6 or 7 more cuts coming.........Perrilloux still on the roster

GMan-67
08-31-2012, 02:55 PM
my final 53 is looking pretty good so far, i had Ware and Jones gone and also no UDFA WRs making it

juice33s
08-31-2012, 02:57 PM
I think there are 6 or 7 more cuts coming.........Perrilloux still on the roster
Perriloux, Chris White, Cordle, Goodin, Dante hughes are the obvious ones.

Shaun Rogers and TT might be temp IR's. If TT is IR'd then Tryon/ Scott will stick, if not one if not both will be cut

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 03:03 PM
I think Carr is going..........he got that final game to himself to confirm managements suspicions and to keep Perrilloux off other teams game tapes in case we keep Carr and try to get Perrilloux through waivers one more time

Carr failed to impress against 3rd teamers..........hes an expensive non-performer

GMan-67
08-31-2012, 03:05 PM
remember that Sash is suspended which is likely why Scott got a roster spot ... could be very temporary for him

njg85m
08-31-2012, 03:06 PM
I think Carr is going..........he got that final game to himself to confirm managements suspicions and to keep Perrilloux off other teams game tapes in case we keep Carr and try to get Perrilloux through waivers one more time

Carr failed to impress against 3rd teamers..........hes an expensive non-performer

Would you get off the "Carr is the worst backup in the NFL" already?
He's not going anywhere. He did fine against the Pats with an O-line that looked like Swiss Cheese. He knows our book, doesn't turn the ball over and completes more passes than not.
Get off of it already. You appear to be completely delusional on the guys actual performance. He's a solid backup.

Eli TO Shockey
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Perriloux, Chris White, Cordle, Goodin, Dante hughes are the obvious ones.

Shaun Rogers and TT might be temp IR's. If TT is IR'd then Tryon/ Scott will stick, if not one if not both will be cut

Agree with most, except I think we keep cordle as Baas backup.

juice33s
08-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Agree with most, except I think we keep cordle as Baas backup.
The past few years, Boothe has served as the backup Center with Cordle staying on the PS, i don't see why it would be any different this season

Eli2Shockey4aTD
08-31-2012, 03:09 PM
IDK why back up QB is so obsessive for some. We lose Eli we are F'd.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Would you get off the "Carr is the worst backup in the NFL" already?
He's not going anywhere. He did fine against the Pats with an O-line that looked like Swiss Cheese. He knows our book, doesn't turn the ball over and completes more passes than not.
Get off of it already. You appear to be completely delusional on the guys actual performance. He's a solid backup.

Newsflash...........those guys he was playing against were all cut by Bellicheat today for the most part.......I think Carr was beig showcased for a trade
Carr has a 26.3 QBR for 2010 in SFO and 2011 in NY..........he got exactly the same QBR in both seasons

If Carr stays is because Eli likes him........not for anything Carr has done

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
The past few years, Boothe has served as the backup Center with Cordle staying on the PS, i don't see why it would be any different this season

And with Boothe at Center we actually run the ball well and Eli does not have an angry mob coming up the middle..........I would cut Baas.....he is mediocre at best

BrianK01
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM

Carr failed to impress against 3rd teamers..........hes an expensive non-performerYou forgot the red font button or you're just void of any common sense what so ever...

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
You forgot the red font button or you're just void of any common sense what so ever...

I disagree.......I have a wee bit of it :O)

juice33s
08-31-2012, 03:16 PM
And with Boothe at Center we actually run the ball well and Eli does not have an angry mob coming up the middle..........I would cut Baas.....he is mediocre at best Don't see that happening...the Giants are too thin as is at OL. If Boothe were to be a full time C then diehl would slide to gaurd and Locklear step in at T.

With Petrus looking like garbage and Brewer not much better we'd have virtually no depth on the Oline

BrianK01
08-31-2012, 03:23 PM
I disagree.......I have a wee bit of it :O)Actually you do. You post a lot of things on this board with the intention of going against the grain and stirring the pot. You do this to goad other posters and you are pretty damn good at it. That takes a certain technique which you have mastered. :thumbs up:

Eli TO Shockey
08-31-2012, 03:29 PM

the difference is that boothe is starting this year.

Eli TO Shockey
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
And with Boothe at Center we actually run the ball well and Eli does not have an angry mob coming up the middle..........I would cut Baas.....he is mediocre at best

Cut Baas, move boothe to center.. and then what?? We can then plug in the abysmal petrus at LG? Not happening. Lets not foget Baas was playing hurt for the majority of last season, and came on strong at the end of the season/superbowl run.

Eli TO Shockey
08-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Actually you do. You post a lot of things on this board with the intention of going against the grain and stirring the pot. You do this to goad other posters and you are pretty damn good at it. That takes a certain technique which you have mastered. :thumbs up:

its minimal compared to his old username JakkStroud

Roswell777
08-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Newsflash...........those guys he was playing against were all cut by Bellicheat today for the most part.......I think Carr was beig showcased for a trade
Carr has a 26.3 QBR for 2010 in SFO and 2011 in NY..........he got exactly the same QBR in both seasons

If Carr stays is because Eli likes him........not for anything Carr has done

I can't for the life of me remember Carr playing last year. Who are you and what have you done with the facts? Lol

juice33s
08-31-2012, 03:33 PM
the difference is that boothe is starting this year.
Doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Giants would just slide Diehl inside and put Locklear at T....It wouldn't make much sense to have Cordle in your starting lineup with Diehl on the bench, because you want your 5 best guys out there

Eli TO Shockey
08-31-2012, 03:33 PM
I can't for the life of me remember Carr playing last year.

lol its his practice QBR

Eli TO Shockey
08-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Giants would just slide Diehl inside and put Locklear at T....It wouldn't make much sense to have Cordle in your starting lineup with Diehl on the bench, because you want your 5 best guys out there

Diehl is going to be the starting RT. This doesn't make sense. Plugging Boothe in at center wont be the worst situation but would require petrus at LG

Roswell777
08-31-2012, 03:39 PM
lol its his practice QBR

This guy has to stop. People are going confuse him with me because of our screen names.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but they should be based on facts.

juice33s
08-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Diehl is going to be the starting RT. This doesn't make sense. Plugging Boothe in at center wont be the worst situation but would require petrus at LG
Even thats not a definite. When Beatty came back to practice the Giants worked a bit with Beatty at LT and Locklear at RT with the first team.
Eitherway no matter how you shuffle the deck Cordle doesn't figure in to it much...It would take alot more then just the absence of Baas to get him in the starting lineup much less the 53 man roster

Giants5699
08-31-2012, 03:54 PM
IDK why back up QB is so obsessive for some. We lose Eli we are F'd.

People thought that about Simms when he went down and Hostetler then went on to win the Super Bowl. Sometimes, the backup can get a team far if he is needed.

jakegibbs
08-31-2012, 04:04 PM

I think David Douglas got the shaft. How you practice & perform in preseason games must not mean a heck of a whole lot in his case. If he don't at least make the practice squad it will be a dishonor IMHO anyway.

NYG4lifeNYK
08-31-2012, 04:07 PM
I think David Douglas got the shaft. How you practice & perform in preseason games must not mean a heck of a whole lot in his case. If he don't at least make the practice squad it will be a dishonor IMHO anyway.

Who do you suggest we cut in his place? Don't even say Barden because he's safe. Jernigan? safe.

We have a STACKED WR corps.

It's not like Douglas is this out of this world talent. We're not missing anything with him.

DownWitJPP
08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
dude Douglas had one reception for 23 yards, don't make him out to be Calvin Johnson. he had a nice training camp that is all

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Actually you do. You post a lot of things on this board with the intention of going against the grain and stirring the pot. You do this to goad other posters and you are pretty damn good at it. That takes a certain technique which you have mastered. :thumbs up:

Now how would you know that with but 23 posts.....unfortunatley I'm out of work with too much time on my hands..

Today is an exciting day though.....very similar to draft day. As far as going against the grain, I call it like I see it, and dream of a 19-0 season with multiple Giants blowouts. To do that you need talent, luck, discipline, toughness.......the list goes on and on. Having the best 53 helps alot....like the 300 Spartans did......53 can conquer the NFL world. QB happens to be a vital position, and I cannot understand why any team would go with one excellent and one very very shaky. I'm sure Eli and David have a bond and a friendship but should Eli fall you have to have a very good replacement to stand in for a while.

Giants fans are spoiled by Eli's durability

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 04:27 PM

with that exact combo we were wracking up 10 yds per carry 2 yrs ago for several games then they brought back O'hara back on a bad foot and we went down the tubes

BrianK01
08-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Now how would you know that with but 23 posts.....unfortunatley I'm out of work with too much time on my hands..

Today is an exciting day though.....very similar to draft day. As far as going against the grain, I call it like I see it, and dream of a 19-0 season with multiple Giants blowouts. To do that you need talent, luck, discipline, toughness.......the list goes on and on. Having the best 53 helps alot....like the 300 Spartans did......53 can conquer the NFL world. QB happens to be a vital position, and I cannot understand why any team would go with one excellent and one very very shaky. I'm sure Eli and David have a bond and a friendship but should Eli fall you have to have a very good replacement to stand in for a while.

Giants fans are spoiled by Eli's durabilityI had to start my account over when the new board came online

UK-Giantsfan
08-31-2012, 04:45 PM
bye bye DJ Nowhere ..........shame about Douglas though !

Overdrive92
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Never mind...there are no other corners left..I guess that's why they're keeping him.

Dante Hughes is still on the roster.

Maybe they put Austin on the special designation IR.

I doubt it. I think that spot belongs to T2. Coughlin has said numerous times that he has "no clue" when T2 is coming back. It's almost like this rule was made just for his case.

7 more cuts coming. Perriloux should be one.

BParcells777
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
I had to start my account over when the new board came online

What was your old name....you can send me an in-mail

Giants5699
08-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Sash was cut as well

Overdrive92
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
^Sash wasn't cut people. He was put on the reserve list due to his 4 week suspension. Although because he's now on the reserve list, it means he doesn't count against the 53 man roster. So he's not on the 53 man roster, but he wasn't cut.

GiantFanatic55
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Sash was cut as well

Sash wasn't cut

Tyler Sash ‏@TSash
For everyone asking: I didn't get cut. I was put on the reserved list due to my 4 game suspension. #GBNB

Evo'Ed
08-31-2012, 05:27 PM
The way some people speak of David Douglas on these boards we should start a legend of David Douglas thread similar to the Jonas Seawright thread.

Nice to see Tracy staying....we have some nice potential pass rushers in Ojomo and Tracy behind JPP, Osi, and Tuck.

Giantslb66
08-31-2012, 05:27 PM

seriously dude?

Evo'Ed
08-31-2012, 05:32 PM
seriously dude?

Did you not see the awesome 23yd catch he made and those amazing 4 punt returns for 2 yards....LOL.

EJ Blue
08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Sash was cut as wellliar liar pants on fire

DownWitJPP
08-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Sash wasn't cut, he was put on the reserved list due to his 4 game suspension

and why is Dante Huges, and Laron Scott still here yet we cut Greg Jones? SMH

Overdrive92
08-31-2012, 05:54 PM
^The cuts are probably done, we just haven't heard of them yet. Keep in mind, not every player has a Twitter account so that makes it more difficult to track them.

fourth&forever
08-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Sash wasn't cut, he was put on the reserved list due to his 4 game suspension

and why is Dante Huges, and Laron Scott still here yet we cut Greg Jones? SMH

They may not last long. I expect another guy or two to be picked up off waivers. There are still lots of weaknesses on this team.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 07:02 PM
4th-such as? where are all these so called weaknesses?

Morehead State
08-31-2012, 07:13 PM
4th-such as? where are all these so called weaknesses?
O tackle, depth at DT, veteran depth at corner.

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
thats a lot of weaknesses?

corner is set. week 1 we may miss Prince.
DT is somewhat a weakness I guess but I wouldnt use that term.

OL, yeah, that I would consider a weakness. Not the other two. jmo tho

giantsfan420
08-31-2012, 08:06 PM
amobi okoye that dt chicago took a few yrs ago also is available to help with dt.
dreyton florence from denver is also available for the vet corner.

so say we add those two, are DT and DB no longer "weaknesses"

penguinfarmer
08-31-2012, 08:16 PM
They were never weaknesses. Maybe weak in depth, but certainly not weaknesses.

miked1958
08-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Well don't I feel like a dope to think that it was 100% guaranteed Marcus Thomas would make it. Not pleased with this at all. Kuhn and Hendricks will likely both make it now and they better step it up with Rogers and Austin likely to be out indefinitely and Canty on the PUP. Seems odd that they'd pass up on Thomas who is a veteran and can be a proven commodity.I thought Hendricks was on the cut list?? Kuhn made the team as did Ojomo. DE Marshall was cut as well.

BlueMetal 40
08-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Yup, Hendricks was cut. Unbelievably.

miked1958
08-31-2012, 08:30 PM
I think Broha and Douglas will be the ones to land on other teams right off the bat.You never know. With 31 other teams out there how many Douglas Types got cut from rosters. There are prob a bunch of guys just like him or Depalma that just got released. Now the teams that have need of WRs (pats being one of them) will comb the list of guys released and try to pick up who they feel is the best. I would be surprised if he or broha are not at least brought in for a workout with a team or 2. If he clears waivers or isnt signed somewhere I think we should put them both on PS for the future.

miked1958
08-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Yup, Hendricks was cut. Unbelievably.Well I was really rooting for him and Marshall. If you remember they were both released last year on the final cuts. However it was tough this season with Kuhn and Ojomo in camp. they both sealed their doom. Hopefully they clear waivers and we put them on the PS

miked1958
08-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Douglas cut. I'm sure we'll still see him Wednesday. Jerry Jones can't wait to scoop up that boy.You never know. they may be a lot of douglas types released off the other 31 rosters. Time will tell. We may still be able to put him on PS

titwio
08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
So the Giants have aprox.18 mins to make the final cuts...

Martyr
08-31-2012, 08:43 PM
how many cuts left to go?

Morehead State
08-31-2012, 08:51 PM
thats a lot of weaknesses?

corner is set. week 1 we may miss Prince.
DT is somewhat a weakness I guess but I wouldnt use that term.

OL, yeah, that I would consider a weakness. Not the other two. jmo tho

Well that was my first post in this thread. I never claimed we had a "lot" of weeknesses. But the point is that there are weeknesses on the team that might be addressed in part by picking up players who were released today. We are thin at DT right now. Thats a simple fact. Corner depth (and I mentioned veteran depth especially) is definately a concern for me. Especially with Prince and Hosely banged up. Don't forget, we already lost TT and its Webbie and a bunch of guys who have taken few or NO snaps in an NFL game. By any reasonable standard thats THIN.
And we agre on O tackle.
Having said that, ALL teams have weeknesses. Thats the nature of the modern NFL. WE are still an outstanding team.
That doesn't mean we are a flawless team. It doesnt mean we need to stand pat and not try to improve our team.

titwio
08-31-2012, 08:55 PM
how many cuts left to go?

Not sure to be honest.

fourth&forever
08-31-2012, 08:56 PM
I hope JR is playing things close to the chest and hope to see some moves before wednesday.

Robz
08-31-2012, 09:03 PM
T2 is done for the year. time for prince and hosley to step up

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
T2 is done for the year. time for prince and hosley to step up

Where you hearing this from?

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:11 PM

Never mind...it's all over the forum already.

Robz
08-31-2012, 09:12 PM

CB Terrell Thomas and DT Shaun Rogers have been placed on season-ending injured reserve by the Giants. #NYG

Mercury
08-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Final cuts are in:

1.S Tyler Sash (reserve/suspended -- four week suspension)

2.DT Marcus Thomas

3.DE Matt Broha

4.WR Isaiah Stanback

5.TE Larry Donnell

6.LB Jake Muasau

7.LB Greg Jones

8.T Matt McCants

9.DE Craig Marshall

10.WR David Douglas

11.WR Dan DePalma

12.OL Selvish Capers

13.RB DJ Ware

14.DT Dwayne Hendricks

15.CB Bruce Johnson (waived/injured)

16.CB Terrell Thomas (injured reserve)

17.DT Shaun Rogers (injured reserve)

18.CB Dante Hughes

19.OL Chris White

20.QB Ryan Perrilloux

21.CB/KR Laron Scott

22.OL Stephen Goodin

penguinfarmer
08-31-2012, 09:15 PM
Thomas can play for another team if he and Giants agree to an injury settlement.

Rat_bastich
08-31-2012, 09:15 PM
People thought that about Simms when he went down and Hostetler then went on to win the Super Bowl. Sometimes, the backup can get a team far if he is needed.

I also remember a backup to Bledsoe named Brady. He has done pretty well.

penguinfarmer
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Why go back that far? Ross did it for Thomas last season with sufficient play. Still would have been nice to see a Webster, Thomas, Prince look on the field. I'll still hold out a sliver hope until he's officially no longer a Giant.

titwio
08-31-2012, 09:26 PM
I feel a little better Laron Scott didn't make the 53 but I'm not understanding why T2 was put on long term IR. He just got cleared to resume running this week.

nycsportzfan
08-31-2012, 10:07 PM
it must of been tough to let go of Broha and Hendricks.. Now these are guys who could end up on our practice squad, rigth?

titwio
08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
it must of been tough to let go of Broha and Hendricks.. Now these are guys who could end up on our practice squad, rigth?

If they clear waivers I'm almost sure they'll end up there.

miked1958
08-31-2012, 11:31 PM
So again Ryan P., hendricks, Marshall, depalma all were released last yr on final cuts.. Didn't fair much better this time around. T2 out for second yr in row. Hixon makes team while showing very little if anything all preseason except for that one 4th down grab. Douglas actually showed promise and is really young. What happens if Hixon goes done again? Very possible. Maybe one of the 4/5 WRs we released we still be available if that happens

RagTime Blue
09-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I feel a little better Laron Scott didn't make the 53 but I'm not understanding why T2 was put on long term IR. He just got cleared to resume running this week.

I was hoping T2 would be ready to go, but it appears another year of rehab is necessary to make one last stab at saving a career.

JJC7301
09-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Hard to believe other guys getting cut and Laron Scott making the team.:confused:
+1. Would rather have had Broha, Douglas, or even Muasau. Glad to see Ware and Jones go. Feel bad for them, but I don't believe much in their talent.