PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With This Secondary?

Weygand
12-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Shredded by the Saints, Toasted by the Packers and a couple horrendous Cowboy drops being the difference in the game Sunday night?

It's a good thing Gilbride and the offense are at executing pretty well, all things considered.

/Petrus has been a significant improvement

//Yeah...back from Bannedville

Mod_C
12-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Shredded by the Saints, Toasted by the Packers and a couple horrendous Cowboy drops being the difference in the game Sunday night?

It's a good thing Gilbride and the offense are at executing pretty well, all things considered.

/Petrus has been a significant improvement

//Yeah...back from Bannedville

We've lost too many starters and some of the starters we have left are in and out with less serious injuries.

Gianthunter
12-13-2011, 11:38 AM
The usual</P>

Schemes</P>

adjustments</P>

Fewell sucks</P>

injuries</P>

Ross</P>

Webster </P>

Phillips</P>

Prince</P>

ad naseum</P>

GameTime
12-13-2011, 11:39 AM
the vets dont trust the rookies. They lack communication. They are confused.</P>

They suck right now.</P>

tuck&rolle
We missed Phillips. Rolle is supremely overrated. Prince is being baptized by fire at the moment. Ross seems to struggle with his assignments. Webster has been solid, but not a shutdown corner over the past few games. And Grant is old and slow... It doesn't help that Boley is our only LB who can cover the pass relatively well either

Weygand
The usual</P>

Schemes</P>

adjustments</P>

Fewell sucks</P>

injuries</P>

Ross</P>

Webster </P>

Phillips</P>

Prince</P>

ad naseum</P>

At least the games are exciting, but criminy..we're like the International Monetary Fund of scoring in the NFL.

Weygand
12-13-2011, 11:40 AM
We missed Phillips. Rolle is supremely overrated. Prince is being baptized by fire at the moment. Ross seems to struggle with his assignments. Webster has been solid, but not a shutdown corner over the past few games. And Grant is old and slow... It doesn't help that Boley is our only LB who can cover the pass relatively well either

Great answer. The mods can lock this thread now.

buddy33
12-13-2011, 11:55 AM
No TT, Ross has never panned out, Prince is a rookie and role his foot during his 1st practice, and every back up player at CB has been lost for the year.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
That long pass to Laurent Robinson wasn't on Prince. He should've handed that off to Rolle, but who knows what the hell Rolle was doing flying down to the LOS... Prince did all he could do at that point. I know we're talking overall, but I'm just sayinnnnnnnng

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:07 PM
That long pass to Laurent Robinson wasn't on Prince. He should've handed that off to Rolle, but who knows what the hell Rolle was doing flying down to the LOS... Prince did all he could do at that point.* I know we're talking overall, but I'm just sayinnnnnnnng

Clarifications are always welcome, my good sir.

We need Shaun Williams.

/How about 27 on Sunday?

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
No TT,

That's right. If you see kay...tell her we miss TT.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 12:12 PM
That long pass to Laurent Robinson wasn't on Prince. He should've handed that off to Rolle, but who knows what the hell Rolle was doing flying down to the LOS... Prince did all he could do at that point. I know we're talking overall, but I'm just sayinnnnnnnng

Clarifications are always welcome, my good sir.

We need Shaun Williams.

/How about 27 on Sunday?hahah Prince is the one bright spot on this team, he's my hope personified... I NEED THIS. hahahah

BUT 27... wow, I go to this bar every weekend with a few friends and all the Giants fans HATE him... I could only smile after the Sensabaugh-hurdle.

T-Murda84
12-13-2011, 12:15 PM
The cornerbacks and safeties are not on the same page at all. The cornerbacks are thinking they have safety support behind them...but Rolle and Grant seems to think they need to be at linebacker depth. Ross and Prince can not cover..I dont know how many times Im seeing receivers get over the top of him...but Reese thought we got a steal for him lol whatever, I guess this is why so many teams passed on him. There was only one good corner in that draft and it was Patrick Peterson. Prince had low INT numbers and was a bad tackler in Nebraska. But Ill give him some more time hes still just a rookie who just came back from being hurt.

As Giant Fans we tend to overrate alot of guys here. A month ago I was hearing J-Will compared to Armstead lol c'mon man. People still dont want to believe Rolle is overrated. And we are trying our best to be patient with Ross....and praying that Kenny Phillips can be an impact player. Deon Grant is finished...I dont even know what he can do anymore, he cant cover or make a smart play on the ball. If the opposing QB throws the ball right at Grant, he tends to drop it or lets QBs like Brees shake him for a TD.

This secondary is waaaay overrated....Terrell Thomas was clearly the best player we had back there and they are missing him. Goff is also a missing piece but you fans wanted Greg Jones starting over him...You got what u wished for, and what is Greg Jones doing now? I dont hear those London Fletcher comparisons now.

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:24 PM
hahah Prince is the one bright spot on this team, he's my hope personified... I NEED THIS. hahahah

If he becomes our next Sam Madison, I'm good with it.

BUT 27... wow, I go to this bar every weekend with a few friends and all the Giants fans HATE him... I could only smile after the Sensabaugh-hurdle.

Jacobs is still a feature back and he demonstrated some decent speed the other night in attacking holes on the perimeter; and certainly the switch Petrus has improved the blocking, but Jacobs looked like he is geared for the late season push.

/The funny thing is....he can catch too...

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:24 PM
The cornerbacks and safeties are not on the same page at all. The cornerbacks are thinking they have safety support behind them...but Rolle and Grant seems to think they need to be at linebacker depth. Ross and Prince can not cover..I dont know how many times Im seeing receivers get over the top of him...but Reese thought we got a steal for him lol whatever, I guess this is why so many teams passed on him. There was only one good corner in that draft and it was Patrick Peterson. Prince had low INT numbers and was a bad tackler in Nebraska. But Ill give him some more time hes still just a rookie who just came back from being hurt.

As Giant Fans we tend to overrate alot of guys here. A month ago I was hearing J-Will compared to Armstead lol c'mon man. People still dont want to believe Rolle is overrated. And we are trying our best to be patient with Ross....and praying that Kenny Phillips can be an impact player. Deon Grant is finished...I dont even know what he can do anymore, he cant cover or make a smart play on the ball. If the opposing QB throws the ball right at Grant, he tends to drop it or lets QBs like Brees shake him for a TD.

This secondary is waaaay overrated....Terrell Thomas was clearly the best player we had back there and they are missing him. Goff is also a missing piece but you fans wanted Greg Jones starting over him...You got what u wished for, and what is Greg Jones doing now? I dont hear those London Fletcher comparisons now.

Nice post man.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 12:41 PM
hahah Prince is the one bright spot on this team, he's my hope personified... I NEED THIS. hahahah

If he becomes our next Sam Madison, I'm good with it.

Jacobs is still a feature back and he demonstrated some decent speed the other night in attacking holes on the perimeter; and certainly the switch Petrus has improved the blocking, but Jacobs looked like he is geared for the late season push.

/The funny thing is....he can catch too...

Yeah he looked motivated. I love that he hates Dallas with a fiery passion. I feel bad for Boothe, he's done decent for being thrown in there too. Petrus is a pleasant surprise.

Weygand
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Petrus is a pleasant surprise.

I wish he would have started against the 9ers. I am SICK of hearing about no rushing TDs on them like they're the '86 Giants.

I look forward to a post season of payback.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM

I wish he would have started against the 9ers. I am SICK of hearing about no rushing TDs on them like they're the '86 Giants.

I look forward to a post season of payback.THAT WILL BE FUN!!! And yeah, that's the first things the 49ers can hang their hat on in some time.

Weygand
12-13-2011, 01:05 PM

I look forward to a post season of payback.THAT WILL BE FUN!!! And yeah, that's the first things the 49ers can hang their hat on in some time.

Yeah...I almost hate taking that from them. I would love to take Patrick Willis from them.

Mod_N
12-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Yeah...I almost hate taking that from them. I would love to take Patrick Willis from them.Hahah can you imagine?? I heard the next Pat Willis is in the draft projected around pick 20... we'll take the BPA though.

Weygand
12-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Hahah can you imagine?? I heard the next Pat Willis is in the draft projected around pick 20... we'll take the BPA though.

I'd be happy with the next Antonio Pierce.

Weygand
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM

Check your PMs

JesseJames
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
whats up with this secondary? over paid, not enough talent and poorly coached...also not the smartest I've seen either..