PDA

View Full Version : Adewale Ojomo makes Giants' roster

RoanokeFan
08-31-2012, 01:11 PM
ADEWALE OJOMO MAKES GIANTS' ROSTER (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/adewale_ojomo_makes_giants_ros.html)

Excerpt: "1:02 p.m. UPDATED with Adrian Tracy info.
At first, Adewale Ojomo was just flashing a bit and getting in Tim Tebow's head (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants-jets_preseason_tim_tebo.html).

By the end of the preseason, the defensive end was winning games,sparing all of us from preseason overtime and downright forcing the Giants to keep him (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_1.html)." Read more...

juice33s
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM
It appears so did Adrian Tracy, giving us 5 DE's on the roster, 6 if you include kiwi

RoanokeFan
08-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Kiwanuka is officially listed on the roster as LB, his versatility belies that, but they count him as a linebacker

joemorrisforprez
08-31-2012, 01:59 PM
It appears so did Adrian Tracy, giving us 5 DE's on the roster, 6 if you include kiwi

I like Tracy and Ojomo.....glad they have enough room on the roster for both.

juice33s
08-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I like Tracy and Ojomo.....glad they have enough room on the roster for both.
When predicting the final 53 I think people (myself included) get too caught up in having a certain amount of players at each position, but at the end of the day its really about keeping your best 53 and if that means keeping 5/6 DE's then so be it.

Giantz4Life
08-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Never have too many pass rushers :) Congrats to Ojomo!

GmenFan1980
08-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Happy he made the team :).

Eli TO Shockey
08-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Reese finds another Gem! OJOMO!!!!!!!!!!

RoanokeFan
08-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Reese finds another Gem! OJOMO!!!!!!!!!!

So it would seem.

BMW
08-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Well deserved.

Toadofsteel
08-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Maybe we'll come up with the Formula One Package now... 6 DE's 1 LB 4 DB.

In all honesty though this means we can use multiple personnel in the nascar on those 3rd and long situations. I don't want Nascar to become the base defense by any means, but healthy pass rushers means we can keep changing it up and generating tons of pressure. I approve.

Bones911
08-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Maybe we'll come up with the Formula One Package now... 6 DE's 1 LB 4 DB.

In all honesty though this means we can use multiple personnel in the nascar on those 3rd and long situations. I don't want Nascar to become the base defense by any means, but healthy pass rushers means we can keep changing it up and generating tons of pressure. I approve.

Screw the wildcat I wanna see that!

GoDeep80
08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Formula 1 Package 5DL 2LBs 4 DBs

Webster----------------Tuck----Ojomo---Linval---JPP---Osi----------Hosley----------Prince
---------------------------------------Boley------Williams--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------Philips-----------------------------------------------------------

moosedrool
08-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Ojomo is a huge upgrade over Tollefson. He played the run well AND applied incredible pass rush pressure. Loved the strip sack. Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Ojomo rushing on third down? Good luck QB's!

Coach Carter
08-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Formula 1 Package 5DL 2LBs 4 DBs

Webster----------------Tuck----Ojomo---Linval---JPP---Osi----------Hosley----------Prince
---------------------------------------Boley------Williams--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------Philips-----------------------------------------------------------

If I still played Madden I would be making that defense right now.

Coach Carter
08-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Ojomo is a huge upgrade over Tollefson. He played the run well AND applied incredible pass rush pressure. Loved the strip sack. Osi, Tuck, JPP, and Ojomo rushing on third down? Good luck QB's!

Good Luck indeed, we have enough ends to sustain injuries _ god forbid. The backup ends will wreck havoc on special teams (punt and kickoff) also. This is probably the most loaded and athletic Giants team I have ever seen.

Bravo Jerry Reese.

giantyankee1976
08-31-2012, 06:25 PM

I like it. Both guys impressed me !!!

fourth&forever
08-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome Mr. Ojomo!

Carter.525
08-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Boo-Yah.. !

Gimaniac
08-31-2012, 07:03 PM
I see Ojomo as the new Tollefson. Providing that spark off the bench when someone gets nicked up or needs breather.

Do we have the best collection of DEs in the NFL ever?

Reese's pieces.

Toadofsteel
08-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Reese's pieces.

We need to photoshop that...

zimonami
08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Well deserved for Ojomo. I was at the Pats game and he was all over... the motor was running...
Yet, let's remember that he played against mostly 2's and 3's. Stiill, we have incredible athletic talent on the D line. I love it. Where's the beef? sitting on thee bench? But, we'll still be happy Linval is plugging the middle.
Nicely conceived to beat these 330 Lb O Linemen with speed and athleticism.. Keep coming with fresh rushers and wear those fat tanks out.

giantyankee1976
08-31-2012, 08:20 PM
could you imagine if we had Canty and Austin healthy in the middle?

my goodness, our front 7 is beastly beyond belief !!!

JJC7301
09-01-2012, 12:58 AM
When predicting the final 53 I think people (myself included) get too caught up in having a certain amount of players at each position, but at the end of the day its really about keeping your best 53 and if that means keeping 5/6 DE's then so be it.
+1. Always go with the best talent. I think that Ojomo is one of the best 53 that they had this year.

giantsforce
09-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Never have too many pass rushers :) Congrats to Ojomo!That's right. We live and die by the front 4 pass rushing because we cannot find corners who can stay healthy for nothing.

buster55
09-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Love the DE depth but very concerned with DT. When is Austin going to step up? Joseph is very solid and Benard has played better but worried about the rest. No Canty big loss I feel we are vulnerable at this position. Not expecting anything from Austin. Any thoughts?

BklynBlue
09-01-2012, 09:06 AM

I am sure many NFL teams were hoping the Giants would release him or sign him to their practice squad!

NorwoodBlue
09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Ojomo has the motor to be a good special teams player. It remains to be seen if he can be as effective against a first team OT when it really counts. Given the cuts that were made, there really wasn't anybody cut that I thought was better than Ojomo, so it gives him time to prove he can play when it counts.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Ojomo has the motor to be a good special teams player. It remains to be seen if he can be as effective against a first team OT when it really counts. Given the cuts that were made, there really wasn't anybody cut that I thought was better than Ojomo, so it gives him time to prove he can play when it counts.

True, and that's what we said about Cruz and JPP. :D

Tmurda1984
09-01-2012, 10:31 AM

Wow he's an upgrade over Tollefson?!?! are u kidding me, the guy only played a few preseason games. Tollefson had was a major contributor when Osi and Tuck was battling injuries...Tollefson was very underrated and a very solid player...even Kiwanuka felt that Tollefson deserve to start when Osi and Tuck was hurt. Ojomo during the regular season will be lucky to see a few snaps....Kiwanuka would be add of him on the depth chart if JPP, Tuck, or Osi cant get on the field. So with these bogus preseason statements.

Giantz4Life
09-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Wow he's an upgrade over Tollefson?!?! are u kidding me, the guy only played a few preseason games. Tollefson had was a major contributor when Osi and Tuck was battling injuries...Tollefson was very underrated and a very solid player...even Kiwanuka felt that Tollefson deserve to start when Osi and Tuck was hurt. Ojomo during the regular season will be lucky to see a few snaps....Kiwanuka would be add of him on the depth chart if JPP, Tuck, or Osi cant get on the field. So with these bogus preseason statements.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/570969/calm-down_medium.jpg