PDA

View Full Version : Pats cut Hoyer?!

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Now this is intriguing. I thought Hoyer looked pretty good against us.

GmenFan1980
08-31-2012, 03:02 PM
I doubt the Giants care all too much Hoyer was cut, and never knew throwing game losing interceptions looked good.

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 03:05 PM
I doubt the Giants care all too much Hoyer was cut, and never knew throwing game losing interceptions looked good.

Your basing your whole arguement on one freakin play? ...Really?

Moke
08-31-2012, 03:05 PM
I do. I actually thought he looked pretty good, but I think Mallett is a much better QB.

GmenFan1980
08-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Your basing your whole arguement on one freakin play? ...Really?

ok? tell where he looked good. was it fumbling the ball that lead to our game winning field goal?

Giantz4Life
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Why would you be surprised? I thought it was pretty obvious when they drafted him that they're grooming Mallet to be Brady's successor.......

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 03:09 PM
ok? tell where he looked good. was it fumbling the ball that lead to our game winning field goal?

I thought he looked good in the pocket; i thought he had good footwork; i liked the way he went thru his progressions and patiently waited for his slot receiver to start his break on that 3rd and 6 they had in the 3rd quarter.

Frankly...i thought he looked a helluva lot better then Carr.

GmenFan1980
08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
I thought he looked good in the pocket; i thought he had good footwork; i liked the way he went thru his progressions and patiently waited for his slot receiver to start his break on that 3rd and 6 they had in the 3rd quarter.

Frankly...i thought he looked a helluva lot better then Carr.

good thing he wasn't battling against carr, he was going against Mallet and just fighting to make a roster spot...looks like he lost.

but hey, don't let me stop the Carr hate you and so many others seem to have. Not like it matters who are back-up is anyway. if Eli is gone the season is over.

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 03:24 PM
good thing he wasn't battling against carr, he was going against Mallet and just fighting to make a roster spot...looks like he lost.

but hey, don't let me stop the Carr hate you and so many others seem to have. Not like it matters who are back-up is anyway. if Eli is gone the season is over.

You are more then free to find a single hate post I ever said about Carr and I will happily eat crow but frankly ... never happened. Truth is i dont mind Carr. But Hoyer looked pretty good against us considering how green he is.

GmenFan1980
08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
You are more then free to find a single hate post I ever said about Carr and I will happily eat crow but frankly ... never happened. Truth is i dont mind Carr. But Hoyer looked pretty good against us considering how green he is.

why even bring Carr up then to begin with?

How green can guy going into his 4th year be? Edit- considering his depth position, maybe very green lol :P

I watched the game, and after now looking at his stats, I just don't see anything great. i mean 9/15 for 96 yards looks nice, but when their followed by 0 tds, 3 sacks, 1 interception and 1 lost fumble. it's not praise worthy.

not to mention he was garbage against the eagles.

his best game was against the saints with his 1 TD.

Overall, it is just not surprising he was cut imo.

GmenFan1980
08-31-2012, 04:00 PM
on a different, yet somewhat related note...why do we suddenly care so much about back up quarter backs? or is this a usual yearly thing?

thomsoad
08-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Its a yearly thing.
And I like to think Peyton proved what happens if you dont have a decent backup.

GmenFan1980
08-31-2012, 05:00 PM
But carr is decent, not good at anything, but decent nonetheless. I feel the Texans showed, you can still win with a a back-up if you have a good enough team around them.

Not to say Tj yates is bad, but he isn't that great yet.