PDA

View Full Version : 4 straight games at Metlife

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Thats gotta be a good ... a whole 5 weeks without travel before what could well be a short trip north to Grren Bay on the 15th Jan.

Surely all these home games can only serve us well ... for the Road journey to ultimate victory !!

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 12:49 PM
If you haven't noticed... the Giants play better on the road. That GB game was an anomaly.

smashndash715
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Thats gotta be a good ... a whole 5 weeks without Travel before what could well be a short trip north to GrrenBay on the 15th Jan.

Surely all these home games can only serve us well ... for the Road journey to ultimate victory !!

i agree..i think we will get atlanta at home wild card weekend..and thats a game we can win

MikeIsaGiant
12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
I'd be surprised to see this team make it that far.

I'm usually neutral, and in between homerism and pessimistic, but this defense needs work, and a lot of it.

I expect all 3 home games to be VERY difficult.

Gianthunter
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak?

barran21
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM
This team plays like crap at home, and the defense is pathetic, so i think you should change it from 4 to 3.

repeatchamps
12-13-2011, 01:03 PM
This team plays like crap at home, and the defense is pathetic, so i think you should change it from 4 to 3.
</P>

Wow, pessimistic much?</P>

As long as the offense continues to light it up, they can win any game in any fashion against any opponent especially teams like the Skins, Jets and a Cowboys team they just beat on the road.</P>

Rusty192
12-13-2011, 01:18 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak?well at least we aren't Kay Jewelers Stadium.

tuck&rolle
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
We're 3-3 at home this year and 4-3 on the road. Not too much of a difference if you ask me. Past years are not relevant

barran21
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
We're 3-3 at home this year and 4-3 on the road. Not too much of a difference if you ask me. Past years are not relevant

And 2 of those 3 losses were to Seattle and Eagles, 2 teams under .500, and back up QB's beat us, this game Sunday is a trap game IMO...

bigblue5611
12-13-2011, 02:01 PM
I'd be surprised to see this team make it that far.

I'm usually neutral, and in between homerism and pessimistic, but this defense needs work, and a lot of it.

I expect all 3 home games to be VERY difficult.

i think the redskins are ready for the golf course, but, yes, Jets and Boys will be difficult certainly...

Marvelousmik
12-13-2011, 02:02 PM
If you haven't noticed... the Giants play better on the road. That GB game was an anomaly.

+1

no matter how many times we play down to our aooponent giants fans always feel good going into a game against a bad team.

no matter how many times there is no crowd noise and how many times we lose at home giant fans always feel good having a home game.

it doesnt really matter if u ask me.

Tenspro2002
12-13-2011, 02:05 PM

And 2 of those 3 losses were to Seattle and Eagles, 2 teams under .500, and back up QB's beat us, this game Sunday is a trap game IMO...

You're right. Most of our no-shows against crappy teams come at home. And it has been this way for a while. Washington is absolutely a trap game, especially since they've been playing good teams tough lately.

Against the Jets, it's really a matter of which team gets booed more. Each team has a woeful "home field advantage".

jhamburg
12-13-2011, 02:06 PM

19-11 at home, 18-13 away in the past 4 seasons.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM

19-11 at home, 18-13 away in the past 4 seasons.Yeah thanks to 2008... those numbers are deceiving.

BurnerNYG
12-13-2011, 02:18 PM

+1

no matter how many times we play down to our aooponent giants fans always feel good going into a game against a bad team.

no matter how many times there is no crowd noise and how many times we lose at home giant fans always feel good having a home game.

it doesnt really matter if u ask me.
Agreed.

GiantFanatic55
12-13-2011, 02:41 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak?well at least we aren't Kay Jewelers Stadium.

Imagine hearing "Every Kiss Begins with Kay" play every time we score a TD

Rusty192
12-13-2011, 02:49 PM

Imagine hearing "Every Kiss Begins with Kay" play every time we score a TD
lol I could just hear Bob Papa

jhamburg
12-13-2011, 03:23 PM

19-11 at home, 18-13 away in the past 4 seasons.Yeah thanks to 2008... those numbers are deceiving.

Ok fine, 2009-2011, 12-10 at home, 13-10 away. Not exactly what I would consider statistically significant.

stormblue
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM

right on.....yeah , i'm that old

but even the Jets still call it giants stadium.....
who am i to argue.

redbeardxxv
12-13-2011, 03:42 PM

I think he means GIANTS STADIUM.......... he must be a new fan....lol

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 03:58 PM

I think he means GIANTS STADIUM.......... he must be a new fan....lol if being a fan sice 1984 is a "new fan"...then yeah im new.

Gianthunter
12-13-2011, 04:19 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak? I think he means GIANTS STADIUM.......... he must be a new fan....lol if being a fan sice 1984 is a "new fan"...then yeah im new.[I]Ahhhhhhhh British humor. I get it!........... Nope no I don't[:^)]

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak? I think he means GIANTS STADIUM.......... he must be a new fan....lol if being a fan sice 1984 is a "new fan"...then yeah im new.[I]Ahhhhhhhh British humor. I get it!........... Nope no I don't[:^)]** That figures

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 04:57 PM
oh i wish it was 1984 again BB2 ....Channel4 and AFRTS radio in he UK.......just before LT , Simms , Carson , Bavaro etc

Did you stay up all night for Superbowl 21 at the Rose Bowl in Jan 87......? wow

Gianthunter
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak? I think he means GIANTS STADIUM.......... he must be a new fan....lol if being a fan sice 1984 is a "new fan"...then yeah im new.[I]Ahhhhhhhh British humor. I get it!........... Nope no I don't[:^)] That figuresSod off

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak? I think he means GIANTS STADIUM.......... he must be a new fan....lol if being a fan sice 1984 is a "new fan"...then yeah im new.[I]Ahhhhhhhh British humor. I get it!........... Nope no I don't[:^)]** That figuresSod off ;)

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
or ''Sod off Baldrick'' as we say in British humour

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
oh i wish it was 1984 again BB2 ....Channel4 and AFRTS radio in he UK.......just before LT , Simms , Carson , Bavaro etc

Did you stay up all night for Superbowl 21 at the Rose Bowl in Jan 87......? wow Ive still a copy on VHS from that awesome Superbowl mate. Ha ha the early C4 days were great, so much to take in about the sport back then. AFRTS...ha ha...that used to be a lifeline to the game. I reguarly stayed up into the wee small hours listening to games...it somehow always had a tenedency to fade out during big plays tho ;)

We used to have Superbowl parties at my schoolmates house ... never get anything like that these days.

The one thing i miss more than anything tho UK, is great defence from those 80's. I like how Eli and company can put up 30+ points a game...but i love smash mouth running and great defence. The game aint what it used to be

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Did you stay up all night for Superbowl 21 at the Rose Bowl in Jan 87......? wow Ive still a copy on VHS from that awesome Superbowl mate. Ha ha the early C4 days were great, so much to take in about the sport back then. AFRTS...ha ha...that used to be a lifeline to the game. I reguarly stayed up into the wee small hours listening to games...it somehow always had a tenedency to fade out during big plays tho ;)

We used to have Superbowl parties at my schoolmates house ... never get anything like that these days.

The one thing i miss more than anything tho UK, is great defence from those 80's. I like how Eli and company can put up 30+ points a game...but i love smash mouth running and great defence. The game aint what it used to be

great memories ......yep ........1st and goal at the 5 yard line ...with 26 seconds remaining ( Pat Summerall and John Madden ) ....and then you would get some fu88king Italian or Spanish local radio drowning out the action ........on AFRTS .......

i was 16 and at school too when we won superbowl 21 .........and at uni in 1990 when Norwood was wide right.

D was everything then..........how times have changed

( i had a count up last weekend ...i reckon i have stayed up over 100 imes now in my life until 04.45 to watch or listen to the Giants ....no wonder im knackered !)

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 05:36 PM

great memories ......yep ........1st and goal at the 5 yard line ...with 26 seconds remaining ( Pat Summerall and John Madden ) ....and then you would get some fu88king Italian or Spanish local radio drowning out the action ........on AFRTS .......

i was 16 and at school too when we won superbowl 21 .........and at uni in 1990 when Norwood was wide right.

( i had a count up last weekend ...i reckon i have stayed up over 100 imes now in my life until 04.45 to watch or listen to the Giants ....no wonder im knackered !) and we will continue to keep the flag flying for many years to come mate.

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 05:38 PM
next time we make an NFC Champ game ...or a Superbowl ......WE ARE GOING !

Right !

giantsforce
12-13-2011, 05:57 PM
What is this Metlife of which you speak? I think he means GIANTS STADIUM.......... he must be a new fan....lol if being a fan sice 1984 is a "new fan"...then yeah im new.[I]Ahhhhhhhh British humor. I get it!........... Nope no I don't[:^)]If you really want to get British humor you have to watch:
1. Are you being served
2. Faulty Towers
3. Keeping up Appearances and the best of all,
4. The Benny Hill Show
It does take a while though to get into it but it can be addictive!

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Tony Han****
Carry On Films
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder

that will just about do it !

keyofgmen
12-13-2011, 06:08 PM

( i had a count up last weekend ...i reckon i have stayed up over 100 imes now in my life until 04.45 to watch or listen to the Giants ....no wonder im knackered !) and we will continue to keep the flag flying for many years to come mate.

So how did you 2 Gents become such crazy Giants fans anyway?

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
went over to New York aged 10 on holiday

my uncle in Canada supports the G men and started sending me jerseys , caps etc.

then in 1984 it came onto TV on Channel 4 in the UK

got hooked watching the 85 , 86 , 87 Giants ......and have been crazy about it ever since

what a ride !

keyofgmen
12-13-2011, 06:28 PM

my uncle in Canada supports the G men and started sending me jerseys , caps etc.

got hooked watching the 85 , 86 , 87 Giants ......and have been crazy about it ever since

what a ride !

Great! What about you BB2?

miked1958
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd be surprised to see this team make it that far. I'm usually neutral, and in between homerism and pessimistic, but this defense needs work, and a lot of it. I expect all 3 home games to be VERY difficult. i think the redskins are ready for the golf course, but, yes, Jets and Boys will be difficult certainly...</P>

Redskins are eliminated and that makes them very dangerous. They have nothing to lose and that will allow them to take risks against us they would not normally take. They would like nothing more then to play the Spoilers role and deal a big fat BLOW to our playoff hopes by upsetting us.
We need to approach this game and everygame left like its the start of the PLAYOFFS.... All are games from here on out have to be viewed as a DO or DIE Playoff type Game</P>

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
next time we make an NFC Champ game ...or a Superbowl ......WE ARE GOING !

Right ! UK, 100% mate, 100% !!!

Will be great to fly the British/Giants flag at a superbowl !!

UK-Giantsfan
12-13-2011, 07:18 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q65/UK-Giantsfan/SS100295.jpg

flags are ready !

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 07:30 PM

what a ride !

Great! What about you BB2? A very similar story to UK Giants. i started watching the NFL on Channel 4 TV here in England in 1984 aged 9 years. The sport was new on TV here and i was hooked from the word go....the first Giants game i watched was a victory over the Redskins something like 37-13 "coincidently the same score i have a feeling we will win by this sunday". I was hooked...that Defense just had me in awe as young kid. The teams colours Red/White and Blue are the same as our British Flag and i just stuck with em from there.

It was very hard being a British fan during the 80's as all there was, was just a highlights show on sunday nights, with the ad hoc live game and the superbowl. We eventually got a weekly newspaper called first down, which was my bible and a monthly magazine called touchdown.

Both me and UK Giants used to tune into American Armed Forces Radio for live coverage, the reception was real poor quality but it didnt matter it was live. I often stayed up till 5am listening to late games and sleeping in for school on monday and tuesday mornings...lol.

During the Mid 1990's and with the introduction of subscription satellite TV...the NFL became live on Sundays and our lives as NFL fans in the UK were transformed.

Nowadays , we have live 4 live games on tv every sunday, plus MNF, plus all saturday and thursday games live. We also get every Playoff game live on TV plus the superbowl and NFL Total Access and the web. Being is fan is so much easier but somewhat diluted as it was a much more rewarding expierence when we really had to dig deep and root out games to listen to and watch.

Then there's streaming, i never have to miss a Giants game ever again.

Ive been a fan since i was 9 and when i pass away hopefully many years from now, my coffin will be draped in a Giants flag...they are my team, my passion , my life. My son who is 3 is already a massive fan of the Giants,,,and has been asking me all year if he can please have a "Giants tackling shirt". He will open a present on xmas morning and there as he rips away the paper will be a brand spanking new "Eli 10" jersey in blue, waiting for him to rock all day long on xmas day.

Hoping to take him to his first game in a couple of years. He already boo's the Eagles, Cowboys and Patriots ... he's gonna be one heckuva hardcore fan !!

Giants are not a hobby...like water and food they are part of life !!

GO GIANTS !!

JMFP2
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Thats gotta be a good ... a whole 5 weeks without travel before what could well be a short trip north to Grren Bay on the 15th Jan.

I know what others are saying, but I'm with BB2 on this one.

At this time of the season, players are just beaten down. It is an advantage for the Giants to be able to stay local.

Also, I'm hoping what I heard v. Green Bay will carry over against the Redskins. The fans know this game is huge, and they know the defense needs every edge it can get.

britishblue2
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q65/UK-Giantsfan/SS100295.jpg

flags are ready ! Thats awesome UK....great work mate ;)