PDA

View Full Version : Giants keeping 4 half-backs

GFiP
08-31-2012, 09:57 PM
What are your thoughts on this?

titwio
08-31-2012, 10:03 PM
They kept 4 last year too. I think these four are going to be great and they're going to push each other as well. They got a lot of speed and toughness and Scott is an upgrade over Ware imo...He has better hands and bigger big play ability. They have him listed as the #3 so I'm thinking he'll replace the Ware duties of last year.

Bradshaw will be the workhorse and Wilson will be a perfect compliment to Ahmad's style...solid one-two punch right there. Then they got Brown who can bruise late in games when the other backs start wearing down. Yes, you can say I'm fairly excited for this group.

JJC7301
09-01-2012, 12:54 AM
They kept 4 last year too. I think these four are going to be great and they're going to push each other as well. They got a lot of speed and toughness and Scott is an upgrade over Ware imo...He has better hands and bigger big play ability. They have him listed as the #3 so I'm thinking he'll replace the Ware duties of last year.

Bradshaw will be the workhorse and Wilson will be a perfect compliment to Ahmad's style...solid one-two punch right there. Then they got Brown who can bruise late in games when the other backs start wearing down. Yes, you can say I'm fairly excited for this group.
On the same page as you, bro. +1.

RagTime Blue
09-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing how this group performs.

Two Predictions:

1. Wilson will finish the season with more carries than Ahmad.
2. Da'Rel Scott will become a legit NFL back, worthy of a heavy workload.

Tmurda1984
09-01-2012, 07:19 AM
How does Scott and Brown make the team before DJ Ware...Im not happy with that at all. I would of got rid Brown.

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 07:31 AM
How does Scott and Brown make the team before DJ Ware...Im not happy with that at all. I would of got rid Brown.Why what has made DJ Ware such a great NFL Player. the guy hasnt won carries in 5 years why is that going to change now

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Im thrilled they finally got rid of Ware he brought nothing to this team. Wont be long till Bradshaw is gone and Wilson and Scott are the 2 feature backs.

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Both 1&2 are effectively starters, so four total RBs makes sense

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 07:36 AM
What are your thoughts on this? 4 is the norm for the Giants. 1 will be inactive

BlueSanta
09-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I am not worried about the running ability of our backs.

I am not at all worried about the recieving ability of our backs.

I am not even worried about the pass protection of our backs so much.

I am very concerned about our young backs fumbling the football because we have a few guys who have a history of doing it.

GMan-67
09-01-2012, 09:09 AM
same as last year, very standard

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 09:15 AM
How does Scott and Brown make the team before DJ Ware...Im not happy with that at all. I would of got rid Brown.

This is the team now, these are the players, we need to get behind them and make another run for the brass ring.

BlueSanta
09-01-2012, 09:22 AM
People, you dont get to see practices and scrimmages, You dont sit in on positional meetings and you have no idea how players are grasping things . This is the large bulk of the camp. No, you only see the games where players maybe get 5 touches. Where the playbook isnt even openned a little.

So you saying "I am really not happy we got rid of X player" is essentially you saying " I know more than our 2x superbowl winning, future hall of fame coach and his staff despite the fact that they get to see practice and I dont."

Quite frankly, I think Ill take their opinion over yours.

nycsportzfan
09-01-2012, 09:25 AM
People, you dont get to see practices and scrimmages, You dont sit in on positional meetings and you have no idea how players are grasping things . This is the large bulk of the camp. No, you only see the games where players maybe get 5 touches. Where the playbook isnt even openned a little.

So you saying "I am really not happy we got rid of X player" is essentially you saying " I know more than our 2x superbowl winning, future hall of fame coach and his staff despite the fact that they get to see practice and I dont."

Quite frankly, I think Ill take their opinion over yours. i have no problem with people maybe missing Dj Ware, but its not a player u can sit there and easily say he should be here over Brown or Scott.. Quite Frankly Ware had his shot and didn't do enough with it.. He had ample chances ot make more of a statement and never did.. Now its Scotts and Browns turn...

NorwoodBlue
09-01-2012, 10:05 AM
The third and fourth guy help on special teams, or don't take up an active spot on game day. Given Bradshaw's injury history, I think it's good insurance to have RB four deep.

NewConvert
09-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Quite frankly, I think Ill take their opinion over yours.

This is a great post...I'd love to see a lot of the naysayers here suit up and show what they can bring to the Giants...These players have worked hard for years to reach their goal of playing in the NFL...I think the coaches and staff have a lot more knowledge of this team than the armchair GM's that cut these players up on a daily basis

tonyt830
09-01-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm happy with carrying the 4rbs, plus Hynoski at FB. I'm sure Ware knows its business, not personal. But Ware has had chance to show what he can do, and really never lit it up. He may get signed by another team as a 2nd or 3rd back, and I wish him well.

But I trust in our coaches and look forward to seeing what Scott and Brown can contribute to our team. Scott should improve as well. All of our 2nd yr guys now have gotten a full offseason under their belts now.

SackingMyths
09-01-2012, 11:00 AM
I won't be missing Ware one iota. I was scared that TC was gonna go with a guy he trusts not to screw up rather than the young bucks who can potentially actually break a long one. Ya know...cuz we all know Ware can't.

TroyArcher
09-01-2012, 11:56 AM
What are your thoughts on this?

Bradshaw has been somewhat injury prone and it is a long season. Running game has to improve or Eli may not make it through the season. The Giants gave up more QB pressures than any other team last year.