PDA

View Full Version : SI listed the top 10 QBs best suited to go over 6000

miked1958
08-31-2012, 11:58 PM
They did a piece on which quarterbacks they thought had the best chance to hit the 6k mark in passing for a season.Yep you guessed it Eli is not on the list..

Rat_bastich
09-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I think this is one mark I don't see any quarterback making until there is absolutely no running game at all. You would have to almost have a 100% completion percentage to even pull that off.

I still think this year there will only be 2 or 3 quarterbacks to just get over 4000 yards.

miked1958
09-01-2012, 12:03 AM
No surprise that Rodgers, Bree's and Brady were on the list. They came in 1st, 2nd and 6th

..Stattford was 3rd, followed by two new comers Andrew Luck in 4th and Cam Newton in 5th.

Then two more new guys in 7th and 8th..

Matt Barkley and RG3

Rounding out the top ten were Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco in 9th and 10th place...

.I am a bit upset to say the least

miked1958
09-01-2012, 12:06 AM
These bozos at SI don't even have the giants making the playoffs. They have us coming in second tied with the eagles at 9-7. And cowboys winning NFCE at 10-6.

They have the broncos losing to packers 33-30 in SB

miked1958
09-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I think this is one mark I don't see any quarterback making until there is absolutely no running game at all. You would have to almost have a 100% completion percentage to even pull that off.I still think this year there will only be 2 or 3 quarterbacks to just get over 4000 yards.I agree. Plus you have to have great WRs and TEs and guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield.... Wait Eli has that..

LolBut on serious side I don't mind that Eli wasnt on list. I do mind that there is 4 guys with little or no experience in the NFL on the list. That's a slap in the face to Eli IMO

Rat_bastich
09-01-2012, 12:23 AM
I agree. Plus you have to have great WRs and TEs and guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield.... Wait Eli has that..

LolBut on serious side I don't mind that Eli wasnt on list. I do mind that there is 4 guys with little or no experience in the NFL on the list. That's a slap in the face to Eli IMO

Yeah, I think they must be bored at SI...especially to even think Matt Barkley could pull that off. USC quarterbacks haven't been all that great lately...Sanchez, Palmer, Leinart, etc.

appodictic
09-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Can you imagine that? I am not ragging on Eli, but once he had a 0 qb rating. He was a hair from busting the 5000 yard mark. Without a longer season I do not think it is possible. But other then Brady and Rogers Eli has the best chance. Flaco has no chance. His sinister moustache will not support that many yards.

TheBookOfEli
09-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Technically last year, Eli had over 6,000 passing yards.

miked1958
09-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Technically last year, Eli had over 6,000 passing yards.You talking dropped passes or passes made to the other team?

miked1958
09-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I think they must be bored at SI...especially to even think Matt Barkley could pull that off. USC quarterbacks haven't been all that great lately...Sanchez, Palmer, Leinart, etc.Yea to list barkley, rg3 and luck is just crazy. Even cam is more of a runner then passer.

ashleymarie
09-01-2012, 12:34 AM
I agree. Plus you have to have great WRs and TEs and guys that can catch the ball out of the backfield.... Wait Eli has that..

Besides SI does anyone else think the 4 newbie qbs can put up those numbers? I find that assumption absurb, just like Eli not being on the list.

Rat_bastich
09-01-2012, 12:52 AM
I think last year was a fluke league wide...especially with Newton. I think Newton will be successful but I don't think he'll do what he did last year again. I don't think RG3 or Luck will get close. I still attribute last year to NFL defenses being behind the curve. There were way too many who broke 5000 or even sniffed it.

BMW
09-01-2012, 01:52 AM
Si is A joke.

gmen0820
09-01-2012, 02:03 AM
375 yards per game average over 16 games, I'd say Rodgers or Brees have a chance to do that next year lol.

Toadofsteel
09-01-2012, 02:47 AM
There's a reason why a ton of pass rushers went early in the draft this year. People are looking at the Giants defense and how they shut down passers at the point of attack. As more pass rushers come online league-wide, you're going to see lower passing totals... and maybe even the return of the power run game.

BlueSanta
09-01-2012, 03:39 AM
I agree Eli should not be on that list

Not because he isnt 1 of the best Qbs in the league, but because of where he plays, and who he plays for. We dont play in a climate that lends itself to those types of numbers and our offense does tend to strive for more balance than most teams.

I think you are looking for insult where there is none

rainierjef
09-01-2012, 03:41 AM
why do u guys constantly get but hurt over these statistics and popularity contest?

rainierjef
09-01-2012, 03:43 AM
There's a reason why a ton of pass rushers went early in the draft this year. People are looking at the Giants defense and how they shut down passers at the point of attack. As more pass rushers come online league-wide, you're going to see lower passing totals... and maybe even the return of the power run game.

this....

its a checks and balances deal. the pass will run rampant for a season or two and then teams will start drafting athletic fast Line backers, speed rushing DE's, and more corners/safeties

then were right back to running the ball... smfh endless cycle

hungrrrry
09-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Rule changes (pertaining to hits on defenseless receivers, especially) last season made it possible for the QB numbers to be as high as they were...and those numbers were still not even close to 6000 yards. You need to average 375 yards per game and that just doesn't happen. For this to happen, receivers will need to set records as well.

The NFL should combat the grossly inflated numbers by re-establishing contact within 10 yards as opposed to the 5 yards that it is now. I don't agree that high-flying passing plays make the NFL a better game...it just makes it a big arena football game, which I do not like.

thegiantsrule10
09-01-2012, 09:00 AM
no way cam newton gets 6,000 yards with his running backs

wolfie
09-01-2012, 09:15 AM
You expected these people to get smart?? Eli is an afterthought to all these clowns, and he will still be after he wins his third ring. They are not smart.