PDA

View Full Version : Suspended / Reserve Roster Exception

G4L
09-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm more than happy to have the extra roster spot until Sash returns, but IMO teams shouldn't be given an extra roster spot when a player is suspended. If teams must use a roster spot to hold onto an injured player who is not eligible for PUP and not injured enough for IR, than they should have to keep a suspended player on the active roster.

FourthAndOne
09-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Yeah, that makes sense.

Imagine if this were a potential loophole though? "Hey _____, you're a bit injured and probably won't be able to play for a while. There's two rookies that we would like to see more of - do you mind getting in trouble so that you get suspended and we can choose between the two later? Thanks, appreciate it!"

penguinfarmer
09-01-2012, 06:09 AM
"Look at me!" *Puff, puff. Slaps mama. Starts car while clenching a bottle of vodka*

GMan-67
09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm more than happy to have the extra roster spot until Sash returns, but IMO teams shouldn't be given an extra roster spot when a player is suspended. If teams must use a roster spot to hold onto an injured player who is not eligible for PUP and not injured enough for IR, than they should have to keep a suspended player on the active roster.

hello, players union, they would never approve that, b/c guys like Sash would get cut if he used up a roster spot, but couldnt play