PDA

View Full Version : I can't help myself

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Every time I look at the new 53 man roster, I immediately go to the DE line and just smile and say WOW

jomo
09-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Every time I look at the new 53 man roster, I immediately go to the DE line and just smile and say WOWTotally agree, now if I could just get the OL wince off my face...................

GameTime
09-01-2012, 09:57 AM
have some known depth ans some depth that could turnout to be top notch too.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Totally agree, now if I could just get the OL wince off my face...................

Odd there's not more information on the hunt for a lineman

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 10:07 AM
have some known depth ans some depth that could turnout to be top notch too.

I was surprised they kept Tracy and Ojomo. The most obvious explanation is the long term viability of the defense.

GameTime
09-01-2012, 10:11 AM
I was surprised they kept Tracy and Ojomo. The most obvious explanation is the long term viability of the defense.
Reese.....never too many pass rushers. Tuck with a chronic shoulder, although ok now. Osi....you never know.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Reese.....never too many pass rushers. Tuck with a chronic shoulder, although ok now. Osi....you never know.

If Tracy and Ojomo live up to my expectations Osi may be playing his last season here if he wants to get that big pay day they can't afford.

tonyt830
09-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Every time I look at the new 53 man roster, I immediately go to the DE line and just smile and say WOWYes I would have to agree with you RF! Its a nice looking bunch!

Totally agree, now if I could just get the OL wince off my face...................And yes Jomo, I feel your pain with the O-line. I'm concerned if Petrus has to come in especially. Plus I pray Beatty's back holds up, though Locklear was solid in preseason.

Odd there's not more information on the hunt for a linemanYeah RF, I saw a tweet from Adam Schefter yesterday, regarding that the Giants could be looking to trade for an O-linemen, or something to that effect. I havent had a chance to see all of the cuts from all of the NFL teams, so I don't know what kind of O-linemen are available.

tonyt830
09-01-2012, 10:38 AM
If Tracy and Ojomo live up to my expectations Osi may be playing his last season here if he wants to get that big pay day they can't afford.and who knows, if Marshall and Broha clear waivers and make it to our practice squad, there are 2 more future DEs for our Giants.

And like you said, Osi could get that payday that the Giants cant afford, especially if plays at a high level again this year.

Jiffy Jeff
09-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Every time I look at the new 53 man roster, I immediately go to the DE line and just smile and say WOW

No doubt, brother. I only wish we'd have retained Douglas in lieu of Jerrel Jernigan, but hopefully he can do something for us.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 10:44 AM
No doubt, brother. I only wish we'd have retained Douglas in lieu of Jerrel Jernigan, but hopefully he can do something for us.

If he clears waivers, at Noon he could be placed on the practice squad.

tonyt830
09-01-2012, 10:44 AM
No doubt, brother. I only wish we'd have retained Douglas in lieu of Jerrel Jernigan, but hopefully he can do something for us.well this is year 2 for Jernigan. He has had a full offseason this year as compared to last year. So I am with you, lets see what Jernigan can do this season.

tonyt830
09-01-2012, 10:47 AM
If he clears waivers, at Noon he could be placed on the practice squad.So 12pmEDT is when Douglas clears waivers? I'm going to ask a somewhat of a silly question, but the 24 hr waiver period goes by when you release one particular player, correct? In other words, if Douglas was released at 12pm yesterday, but Hendricks was waived at 2pm yesterday, Douglas is available at noon today, and Hendricks would be available at 2pm today, correct?

woocrew
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Agreed I thought the same thing when I looked at the final roster this morning WOW says it all

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 10:59 AM
That group is going to wreak havoc this year. Ojomo should ensure there's always someone fresh to rotate in.

DaDiesel
09-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Every time I look at the new 53 man roster, I immediately look for DJ Ware and just smile and say " who is going to run the shotgun draw???? ".......WOW

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 11:26 AM
So 12pmEDT is when Douglas clears waivers? I'm going to ask a somewhat of a silly question, but the 24 hr waiver period goes by when you release one particular player, correct? In other words, if Douglas was released at 12pm yesterday, but Hendricks was waived at 2pm yesterday, Douglas is available at noon today, and Hendricks would be available at 2pm today, correct?

There's a piece in the news thread that explains the process and it specifically says 12:00 noon is when teams can begin to staff the practice squad. I've also hears the 24 hour time frame so we'll have to see.