PDA

View Full Version : Short Term IR- What's going on with this

NorwoodBlue
09-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Who actually got the IR short term designation? I know it wasn't TT, and I heard it wasn't Shaun Rogers. Are they saving that designation for the first weeks of the season in case somebody gets hurt? Does anyone know how that works? If they short term IR someone in week 2, when does he come back? I really thought this was where Shaun Rogers was going, now that he's not, they must be holding it open as a contingency. I'm very confused about this designation, and Shaun Roger's status in general. Why IR Shaun Rogers at his age? I would think it would be a staight forward cut, then if he's healed he could be brought back.

So many questions about what this new IR thing means, and how it can be used.

kbusch22
09-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I think they're saving it. The earliest somebody can get the short term IR designation is Tuesday. If Dwayne Hendricks or Marcus Thomas clears waivers, they could use it on Austin if they wanted to.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Who actually got the IR short term designation? I know it wasn't TT, and I heard it wasn't Shaun Rogers. Are they saving that designation for the first weeks of the season in case somebody gets hurt? Does anyone know how that works? If they short term IR someone in week 2, when does he come back? I really thought this was where Shaun Rogers was going, now that he's not, they must be holding it open as a contingency. I'm very confused about this designation, and Shaun Roger's status in general. Why IR Shaun Rogers at his age? I would think it would be a staight forward cut, then if he's healed he could be brought back.

So many questions about what this new IR thing means, and how it can be used.

There's an article in the daily news thread about the new IR policy