PDA

View Full Version : Martellus Bennett will make a statement on Sept 5th...

ELI_Iz_God
09-01-2012, 12:08 PM
and that statement will be "What do ya think about me NOW?"... Every Cowgurl fan out there is gonna be so mad to see him play well...their tears only make us stronger. LOL

giantsfan420
09-01-2012, 12:51 PM
i agree. i think KG and Eli will want to boost his confidence sky high and target him often, especially in the red zone. im calling it right here, he'll score at least 1 touchdown, i think 2

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 12:53 PM
He's had this game circled since he signed.

Can pretty much guarantee he will get at least one TD. Going to have a BIG day.

Funny thing is Witten isn't playing..... you can't make this stuff up lol

ELI_Iz_God
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
He's had this game circled since he signed.

Can pretty much guarantee he will get at least one TD. Going to have a BIG day.

Funny thing is Witten isn't playing..... you can't make this stuff up lol

I know and it's priceless. I hope they do some Camera shots of Jerry everytime we score..the look of disappointment on his face is epic.

CowboysSuck
09-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah i guarantee Bennett has at least a decent game. This team ALWAYS finds a way to make a good tight end out of just about anyone. Its amazing if you think about it really. Shockey ( well he was good to begin with), Boss, Pascoe for a bit, Ballard, now Bennett. Seems like our TE's always do well...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah i guarantee Bennett has at least a decent game. This team ALWAYS finds a way to make a good tight end out of just about anyone. Its amazing if you think about it really. Shockey ( well he was good to begin with), Boss, Pascoe for a bit, Ballard, now Bennett. Seems like our TE's always do well...

Eli Manning :cool:

Gimaniac
09-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Touchdown...Martellus Bennett

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2jtSGQ0i3vbUJs0bBOVjIXCqD5UVar VUx6iRiSHs3yUNV7jgmRA

giantsfan420
09-01-2012, 01:23 PM
yeah, witten not playing is the icing on the cake. hopefully bennett isnt too anxious tho. need him to be calmed and focused. so stoked myself tho so i can only imagine how he feels.

CowboysSuck
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Eli Manning :cool:

Correct, sir. The man, the myth, the manning.

nhpgiantsfan
09-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm sure he will be pumped, but it's not like we use our TE like the Pats, Saints, and Cowgirls do. So he will have to make the most of the few opportunities he does get. I'll be just as happy if he helps this Oline keep Eli on his feet. And of coarse maybe know Ware on his *** once or twice.

rainierjef
09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
i hope you guys are right. i saw an open dropped pass in preseason and i know that doesn't define his overall play but i still have my doubts about his concentration and drive to be excellent. we will see.

sc_markt
09-01-2012, 03:30 PM
and that statement will be "What do ya think about me NOW?"... Every Cowgurl fan out there is gonna be so mad to see him play well...their tears only make us stronger. LOL

Well, I hope you're right. Why? There is a Dallas Cowboy fan at my gym who has been laughing at me and the Giants ever since we picked Bennett up. He is GLAD that the Cowboys got rid of him.

DownWitJPP
09-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm wondering what a black unicorn does for a touchdown celebration?

Antwuan
09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I hope you're right.

Eliscruzzz
09-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Why is everyone saying I hope you right cause he dropped one pass in PRESEASON?The guy never got a fair shake imo in Dallas cause Romo is butt buddies with Witten even if he struggles in the passing game his blocking will still be better then any other TE we have. You saw what happen with Boss and Ballard when they played with Eli and MB is more athletically gifted then both of them, Eli will make him a star.

Cobravision
09-01-2012, 03:47 PM
i hope you guys are right. i saw an open dropped pass in preseason and i know that doesn't define his overall play but i still have my doubts about his concentration and drive to be excellent. we will see.
He caught everything else. And that drop happened while being hit by two players. He should still find a way to secure the ball, but it wasn't a butterfingers drop.

giantsfan420
09-01-2012, 03:51 PM
well yeah it wasnt completed but if u watch eli he signaled it was his bad bc the ball was thrown pretty high. Bennett didnt drop it either, he had it after reaching up to grab it, and he was bringing it in to his stomach when the db knocked it loose with his helmet. It was a real nice route and if Eli had put the ball a little lower it would have been a big play.

Ntegrase96
09-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, I hope you're right. Why? There is a Dallas Cowboy fan at my gym who has been laughing at me and the Giants ever since we picked Bennett up. He is GLAD that the Cowboys got rid of him.

I'm glad too. It's not sour grapes. Well, it may be sour grapes. I expected big things from Bennett after his rookie year and the guy just failed to impress and just did not seem to care. Contrary to popular belief around here, Bennett got plenty of chances but just never made anything of them.

You guys got him for a good deal and it as overall a pretty good pick-up since it was a need and the guy didn't cost much. He can probably turn it around if he commits more to being a better TE.

And even though Witten may not be playing (he was on the practice field today), I'm still happy with the decision to let Bennett walk. Next men up: Phillips and Hanna.

mattpl908
09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
its not like they dont have a te...they have witten

Eliscruzzz
09-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm glad too. It's not sour grapes. Well, it may be sour grapes. I expected big things from Bennett after his rookie year and the guy just failed to impress and just did not seem to care. Contrary to popular belief around here, Bennett got plenty of chances but just never made anything of them.

You guys got him for a good deal and it as overall a pretty good pick-up since it was a need and the guy didn't cost much. He can probably turn it around if he commits more to being a better TE.

And even though Witten may not be playing (he was on the practice field today), I'm still happy with the decision to let Bennett walk. Next men up: Phillips and Hanna.Your telling me if Bennet has over 850 yrds and 10 to 15 Tds you wouldn't miss him and plus his blocking?You lieing come on now.

rainierjef
09-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Your telling me if Bennet has over 850 yrds and 10 to 15 Tds you wouldn't miss him and plus his blocking?You lieing come on now.
Ntegrase96 is a very non bias poster even if he is a cowboys fan and i agree, bennett had alot of chances in dallas to be that guy he hasn't showed anything, i got flack everday for that move to get him over here as for some reason the military is flooded with cowboys fans. i think the high expectation shoud be curbed before the game begins i understand the excitement, i think this was a bandaid pick up rather than a upgrade i could be wrong, i hope i'm wrong but until he show me consistency i'll be watching every college game this season and bugging redeye all season for tape on all eligible TE's entering the draft.

Ntegrase96
09-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Your telling me if Bennet has over 850 yrds and 10 to 15 Tds you wouldn't miss him and plus his blocking?You lieing come on now.

I'd be upset that we didn't trade him to Cincy when we had a chance rather than letting him go to a divisional rival. But like the guy said above you, we have Witten.

Eliscruzzz
09-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Ntegrase96 is a very non bias poster even if he is a cowboys fan and i agree, bennett had alot of chances in dallas to be that guy he hasn't showed anything, i got flack everday for that move to get him over here as for some reason the military is flooded with cowboys fans. i think the high expectation shoud be curbed before the game begins i understand the excitement, i think this was a bandaid pick up rather than a upgrade i could be wrong, i hope i'm wrong but until he show me consistency i'll be watching every college game this season and bugging redeye all season for tape on all eligible TE's entering the draft. It's a joke I was just messing with calm down.

rainierjef
09-01-2012, 05:32 PM
It's a joke I was just messing with calm down.
im calm.....

Eliscruzzz
09-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I'd be upset that we didn't trade him to Cincy when we had a chance rather than letting him go to a divisional rival. But like the guy said above you, we have Witten. lol....... yeah it would piss me off too

Eliscruzzz
09-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Ntegrase96 is a very non bias poster even if he is a cowboys fan and i agree, bennett had alot of chances in dallas to be that guy he hasn't showed anything, i got flack everday for that move to get him over here as for some reason the military is flooded with cowboys fans. i think the high expectation shoud be curbed before the game begins i understand the excitement, i think this was a bandaid pick up rather than a upgrade i could be wrong, i hope i'm wrong but until he show me consistency i'll be watching every college game this season and bugging redeye all season for tape on all eligible TE's entering the draft. to say he's a band aid pick up is a little harsh don't you think considering the production other less talented TE did with Eli and I think your greatly underestimating our TE coach's ability to get the best out of medicore TEs.

ChuckKnoxx
09-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Bennett is the mouthpiece on offense this team misses with Jacobs out in San Fran. Dallas fans may think they won't miss him, but Wittens spleen sure will the moment Phillips lights his *** up over the middle.

Jiffy Jeff
09-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Especially if Jason Witten's not even playing.

ChuckKnoxx
09-01-2012, 05:47 PM
He may not be on the field week 1. But he will next time around. There was a beautiful stat from sporting news that Bennett never gave up a sack as a blocker. The Giants front 4 had Romo on the run like crazy in both games last season, who is protecting him this time? Homeland Security ?

STAR WARS
09-01-2012, 07:37 PM
He may not be on the field week 1. But he will next time around. There was a beautiful stat from sporting news that Bennett never gave up a sack as a blocker. The Giants front 4 had Romo on the run like crazy in both games last season, who is protecting him this time? Homeland Security ?

And that is the only point of losing MB that us Cowboys fans are concerned with. His value was as a blocker....and he was good at it. In clutch passing situations he was completely unreliable.....and the coaches obviously thought we needed a #2 at TE that will do his job when asked to run a route and catch a ball....over someone who can block well. Dallas's o line is now the biggest weakness on the team.....so MB's loss could hurt more because of that rather then him catching for 800 yards. Given the oppourtunity to be the #1 ...MB may get over his weaknesses(which he did not do as a #2).......but he wasn't going to start over JW anytime soon. The Cowboys did the right thing in getting rid of him.

miked1958
09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I think Eli will look for him for that reason. And try and find him in the endzone at least once

Joe Morrison
09-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Just read a Q&A with Martellus, here it is: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/serby_sunday_with_martellus_bennett_8lFmVDCcTLVmMT OmTOAL2J

appodictic
09-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Some times the great books are covered by the bad books and its like to take this book off the shelf. Bennett at the end

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/TE-Martellus-Bennett-on-facing-old-team-/a29b03eb-4807-4efc-8fec-4ca561b91128

jomo
09-02-2012, 11:28 AM
I think Eli will look for him for that reason. And try and find him in the endzone at least onceI think Eli will do what he always does, throw the ball where the opportunity is best. He won't force anything just to make a point. (though we'd all relish the irony) If the Cowboys give us soft coverage around Bennett it will be there, otherwise, Nicks Cruz Hixon etal. I do agree that Bennett shows every indication of being ready for a big year.

GameTime
09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I think Eli will do what he always does, throw the ball where the opportunity is best. He won't force anything just to make a point. (though we'd all relish the irony) If the Cowboys give us soft coverage around Bennett it will be there, otherwise, Nicks Cruz Hixon etal. I do agree that Bennett shows every indication of being ready for a big year.
You are right....Eli only wants to make a statment with a win. If Bennet is part of that then cool. Also Bennet said in an interview as long as he grades out to 100 after the game he will be happy. Whether its catching passes or blocking or whatever. Team first attitude....

BillTheGreek
09-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I am pretty confident that Bennett will deliver....if not a TD, he will be part of one or Two..TD's..... Like a key block...even if he takes the pressure off the other receivers........Lets face it, he has a score to settle with the Cowboys ! NOW is the time to show them what a mistake they made, by letting him go. Their Loss our Gain ! .........BTW..............He makes a Great Target in the end zone....6'6"........... Eli just Lob in the air ! ......(to send through the air especially with a quick forward motion of the arm ) lol.

derekunion28
09-02-2012, 11:51 AM
everyone forget about vishiane shanicho cant spell it right he recovered a big fumble during 07 run and was put up big numbers for the vikings and farve