PDA

View Full Version : Nick's injury history is really beginning to worry me.

I Bleed Blue
09-01-2012, 12:22 PM
First off, I love this guy. He is a baller who can run all the routes and has great hands. However, he simply cannot stay healthy and now his foot injury apparently is not fully healed. Jerry Reese has a big decision to make when his contract expires. Again, I would love for him to remain a Giant for years to come, but his injury history is going to make it hard for Jerry to offer him a huge contract. Victor Cruz is no flash in the pan and there is no way in hell we ever let him walk. Can we really pay Cruz, JPP, Eli and Nicks? What happens with Tuck when his contract expires? Osi is going to leave because we cannot afford to keep him.

Eli has restructured his contract to help with keeping players on this roster, but by doing so, the bulk of his money will be paid out starting next season and beyond. We simply cannot afford all of these studs. If Nicks goes though another season where he misses a handful of games, Reese is going to have to decide what to do. Nicks is going to demand a huge pay raise. I really hope the rest of our receivers can step up big time. I would play Nicks as little as possible until his foot feels better, if it ever does this season. I don't want to see him break that bone again. This is not John Madden football. We won't have the money to keep them all, without seriously gutting this roster. Thoughts.

GMan-67
09-01-2012, 12:25 PM
how many games has he missed? ... he plays way more often than Vick for one ... more than Andre Johnson ... list goes on and on

penguinfarmer
09-01-2012, 12:29 PM
6 games missed in 3 seasons.

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Nicks has missed six games in three years - where's this "can't stay healthy" tag coming from?

primetime
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
In 3 seasons he has missed 6 games, not really as bad as some our making it out to be. And the injury he had against the Eagles was a 1 out of a 1,000 happening. It was just unfortunate it did happen.
As for keeping your stars, that's Giants mgt job to find ways. I wouldn't be suprised after the season Canty is let go, and some other high salary players are let go or take a pay cut. The NFL is a young mans game, and when you have stars who are young you do whatever you can to keep them long term.

GameTime
09-01-2012, 12:42 PM
NIcks is not and injury risk really. Also no team cam keep all their super stars. the Giants will have to parts ways with one or two in the next few seasons.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Nicks has missed six games in three years - where's this "can't stay healthy" tag coming from?

From the all knowing fans who await the falling sky. Is it really so unuaual that any player plays hurt?

Crovaz
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Just assume he's probably always going to miss about 2 games a season. He's got a little injury issue every season but everyone is generally nicked up a little. It's just part of the game but I'd rather have him for those 14 games then not at all if that's what you're referring to.

Have we won or lost the games he's missed? Anyone know?

nhpgiantsfan
09-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Eli, JPP, and Nicks are the three locks.

Cruz has to prove this year that last year wasn't a fluke. You can say what you want but he has to do it again.

Not too worried about Tucks contract. He has a lot of work to do, if he wants to get paid like a top DE in the league. He is a real good player, but he is not great. He needs to stay healthy and put up big numbers if he wants to get paid star money.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Nick's is not injury prone. He missed a handful of games but always comes back sooner then expected and shows no drop in play (as most guys take a week or 2 to get their legs back).

As far as the Giants keeping their stars, I think they do a great job better than any other organization of identifying the young talent they want to keep and signing them b4 they reach full market value (ie. Tuck & Osi). They also don't over pay over pay for players the deem mediocre, the Giants make the tough decisions and let players walk (ie. Wilson, Smith, Boss etc).

So I guess to answer your question I think they have a shot of keeping everyone they want too.

appodictic
09-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Nicks is somewhat injury prone. He is limited from time to time, misses games here and there. The NFL is brutal and watching games like the giants saints, I can find two plays as really good evidence that the Saints were trying to take him out. One player was even happy for clobbering nicks event AFTER he knew it was a penalty (seems like he is happy about something could it be a bounty? I think so). No one is going to be ready for action all 16 games + playoffs. But injuries are fluky things, anyone can get injured, its not like the next person we might get to replace him will never get injured either.

JSpin
09-01-2012, 02:35 PM
First off, I love this guy. He is a baller who can run all the routes and has great hands. However, he simply cannot stay healthy and now his foot injury apparently is not fully healed. Jerry Reese has a big decision to make when his contract expires. Again, I would love for him to remain a Giant for years to come, but his injury history is going to make it hard for Jerry to offer him a huge contract. Victor Cruz is no flash in the pan and there is no way in hell we ever let him walk. Can we really pay Cruz, JPP, Eli and Nicks? What happens with Tuck when his contract expires? Osi is going to leave because we cannot afford to keep him.

Eli has restructured his contract to help with keeping players on this roster, but by doing so, the bulk of his money will be paid out starting next season and beyond. We simply cannot afford all of these studs. If Nicks goes though another season where he misses a handful of games, Reese is going to have to decide what to do. Nicks is going to demand a huge pay raise. I really hope the rest of our receivers can step up big time. I would play Nicks as little as possible until his foot feels better, if it ever does this season. I don't want to see him break that bone again. This is not John Madden football. We won't have the money to keep them all, without seriously gutting this roster. Thoughts.

he's missed 6 of 48 games in his career and only 1 last year...

Buddy333
09-01-2012, 02:39 PM
He has had his share of injuries, some of them very uncommon, but he has always bounced back sooner than expected.

Eliscruzzz
09-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Guys he's starting game 1 what are we talking about and he only missed one game last year and we won that game.I don't get it.

jomo
09-01-2012, 02:53 PM
From the all knowing fans who await the falling sky. Is it really so unuaual that any player plays hurt?Heck, he's never been on IR, that makes him Super Man.

ShakeandBake
09-01-2012, 03:07 PM
You know the regular season is almost here when, a plethora of ******ed threads such as this one begin to popup on the boards. As others have said, 6 games in 3 seasons is not injury prone.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 03:12 PM
heck, he's never been on ir, that makes him super man.

lol..................

M00KIE
09-01-2012, 03:39 PM
I swear some of you just need something random to be worried about to be happy.

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Eli played through plantar fasciitis - I think Nicks can handle this.

BrianK01
09-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Eli, JPP, and Nicks are the three locks.

Cruz has to prove this year that last year wasn't a fluke. You can say what you want but he has to do it again.

Not too worried about Tucks contract. He has a lot of work to do, if he wants to get paid like a top DE in the league. He is a real good player, but he is not great. He needs to stay healthy and put up big numbers if he wants to get paid star money.Yeah ok *EYE ROLL*

One game is a fluke. Cruz was consistent the ENTIRE YEAR. This is not a fluke or getting lucky. Do you know how he was able to have such a good year? The answer is a combination of a lot of dedication, desire, skill, hard work and god given talent. Do you think he will somehow forget how to catch the ball or lose his talent?

Napstew
09-01-2012, 07:54 PM
This thread should be deleted.

Giantsfan241
09-01-2012, 07:56 PM
he is the most physical wr in the football

ashleymarie
09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Nicks missed 6 games out of 48. That's 1/8th. Time to worry or panic is not upon us yet, imo ;)

nhpgiantsfan
09-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah ok *EYE ROLL*

One game is a fluke. Cruz was consistent the ENTIRE YEAR. This is not a fluke or getting lucky. Do you know how he was able to have such a good year? The answer is a combination of a lot of dedication, desire, skill, hard work and god given talent. Do you think he will somehow forget how to catch the ball or lose his talent?

I hope you're right. But you don't find it a little strange that all 32 teams passed on him in the draft. If he had all this skill and talent that you speak of, how is it that a few hundred players were chosen ahead of him when he came into the league. I'm just saying I want to see him do it again, when the entire league now knows what he can do. Let's see him continue to produce before we worry about breaking the bank for him.

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I hope you're right. But you don't find it a little strange that all 32 teams passed on him in the draft. If he had all this skill and talent that you speak of, how is it that a few hundred players were chosen ahead of him when he came into the league.
32 teams also passed on Arian Foster.

Antwuan
09-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Nicks will be fine he hasn't missed many games in his career.

Hopefully he can play 16 games and stay healthy.

OmariONFire
09-02-2012, 12:19 AM
In response to the question of how we can afford to pay all our stars:

read this @ http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8312966/ranking-players-contracts-national-football-league about Victor Cruz

"More important, Cruz was an undrafted free agent who made $405,000 last season. He'll make about $500,000 this year before hitting the collusion-friendly waters of restricted free agency, so the Giants could have him for two more years at about $3.5 million total before even having to franchise him. He's the biggest bargain in the entire league, even if his yardage total comes down in 2012. At the very least, he's the most cap-friendly Giants star since the Icebox."

I don't know how accurate Barnwell is on the RFA part, just thought i should post it.

rcrane
09-02-2012, 05:15 AM
This thread should be deleted.

OP has been labeled by me, "IRRELEVANT"
and IDGAF!

BillTheGreek
09-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Nicks will be fine ! Just turn him loose!

NOW LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL ..................................GO GIANTS !