PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell didn't we just cut Sintim and keep Ballard..... so incredibly dumb

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I never even though about that but they just brought up that point on BBI...... Sintim is such a worthless bum in our system. Not to mention the guy can't ever catch a break health wise...

LTS Eric from BBI (http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=5&handle=Eric%20from%20BBI) : 1:08 pm

Disagree completely.

There is still a chance Ballard has a future in the NFL. Sintim had no future with this team.

In a nutshell, they let go of a potential asset while holding onto a wasted roster space.

I can't recall Coughlin being as visibly upset about losing a player. I think he thought it was stupid too.

Eric. I agree that they should have just waived Sintim to protect Ballard. Losing Ballard was bone headed..

Losing Ballard was stupid Blue Blood (http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=5&handle=Blue%20Blood) : 12:50 pm

agree 100% they knew Sintim couldnt play and more importantly they knew he SUCKED..

jeez I was over this issue months ago... here we go again lol

jomo
09-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Every once in a while JR makes a miscalculation (mistake). Sintim was absoutely worthless. Ballard may have something left after rehab. It is what it is. Nothing earth shaking either way.

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 03:45 PM
In fairness, they thought he would clear waivers because of his injury.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 03:47 PM

I know but I would have taken a couple extra gatorades over Sintim....

Eliscruzzz
09-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Tell you the truth last year Ballard surprised me but I think he was as good as he was going to get. He got open because of his deception and he got better at blocking as the year progressed but now that we have the black unicorn I don't miss him one bit. He made a lot of important plays but with those injuries he suffered how could anyone think that he's going to get better?

rainierjef
09-01-2012, 03:49 PM
i have to agree with RF on this, 9/10 times that player clears waivers due to that injury. im not saying the PATS were being malicious when they got him but i wouldn't put it past them either

appodictic
09-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Well we have to look at it this way: Ballard was injured. His potential to play that year was 0. So even having "worthless" Sintim we at least had somebody to put on pads and practice. It might turn out that Ballard never returns from his injury, just like Steve Smith. It might turn out that Ballard was just another Kevin Boss. So not having a guy who definitely wont play this year frees up money to pay someone who might. We have learned the past few years that having able bodies that can play is better then having injured bodies that can't.

Honestly now we have bennet who looks to have more upside then ballard. We could/have should have protected Ballard more, but honestly the patriots might wave him next year anyway, and he could work his way back here.

appodictic
09-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Well we have to look at it this way: Ballard was injured. His potential to play that year was 0. So even having "worthless" Sintim we at least had somebody to put on pads and practice. It might turn out that Ballard never returns from his injury, just like Steve Smith. It might turn out that Ballard was just another Kevin Boss. So not having a guy who definitely wont play this year frees up money to pay someone who might. We have learned the past few years that having able bodies that can play is better then having injured bodies that can't.

Honestly now we have bennet who looks to have more upside then ballard. We could/have should have protected Ballard more, but honestly the patriots might wave him next year anyway, and he could work his way back here.

Honest. :)

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM
i have to agree with RF on this, 9/10 times that player clears waivers due to that injury. im not saying the PATS were being malicious when they got him but i wouldn't put it past them either

Let's not beat around the bush... Bellicheat claimed Ballard out of SPITE

Hope he tries to claim another one of our players next season out of SPITE of losing yet another Super Bowl to us this season :cool:

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Honest. :)

Sound like Tebow when he used the word excited 104 times lol

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Let's not beat around the bush... Bellicheat claimed Ballard out of SPITE

Hope he tried to claim another one of our players next season out of SPITE of losing yet another Super Bowl to us this season :cool:

I have always suggested that move was not one that made sense except as a means to keep him out of our stable like the Eagles did with Steve Smith. Now the Pats have extended Hernandez and they have Gronkowski. I'm not good at predicting things, but if Ballard gets released before he can contribute I won't be surprised.

Having said all of that, he's no longer here, Bennett is and I think Bennett is an upgrade.

NorwoodBlue
09-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Ballard is currently PUP with NE. He's behind Gronkowski, Hernandez and Shiancoe on the roster. There probably no chance that he gets on the field at all this year. Remember it's only been 6 months since his injury, it was serious, and he's a big guy; not exactly a recipe for a quick, or full recovery.

He also was slower than slow. He isn't going to be faster coming off an ACL surgery. Quite frankly, Ballard's time in the NFL is probably done. I think that it was stupid with a capital S for NE to pick him up. They're paying a guy who'll most likely never play a game for them. I'm not sure what NE was thinking; but I don't fault the Giants front office for taking a gamble at loosing him. I don't think he would have had any chance of contributing this year, and he was incredibly average. If we find we need tight end help for the 2013 season, there's all next off season to find it.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I have always suggested that move was not one that made sense except as a means to keep him out of our stable like the Eagles did with Steve Smith. Now the Pats have extended Hernandez and they have Gronkowski. I'm not good at predicting things, but if Ballard gets released before he can contribute I won't be surprised.

Having said all of that, he's no longer here, Bennett is and I think Bennett is an upgrade.

Wholeheartedly agree, Bennett is a huge upgrade... not to mention he's tremendous... and a black unicorn :D

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Wholeheartedly agree, Bennett is a huge upgrade... not to mention he's tremendous... and a black unicorn :D

There are not many of those lol

CowboysSuck
09-01-2012, 04:26 PM
can someone fill me in as to why everyone calls him the Black Unicorn? lol

And also...Ballard was badly injured and probably played the best season of his career in 2011...

Buddy333
09-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Ballardvwon play this year. They may never need him again. What if Robinson turns out to be a stud? Remember, the Giants have the best TE coach in the league.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 04:31 PM

And also...Ballard was badly injured and probably played the best season of his career in 2011...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/knicksdotcom/MartellusBennet-BLACKUNICORN.jpg

We call him that because he was birthed from unicorn parents... pretty self explanatory man...

NorwoodBlue
09-01-2012, 04:32 PM

That's the name he chose for himself early in the preseason, much to TC shagrin I think.

dave56dj
09-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Sadly guys with those kinds of injuries dont usually come back well - I bet Ballard never even plays for NE, not saying he wont elsewhere but hernandez just got an extension and gronk aint going nowhere. If bennett can come in and live up to potential he will be far better then jake.

CowboysSuck
09-01-2012, 04:36 PM
haha ok. I must have missed that. I think he'll be good, expecting a 500 yd + season from him

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 04:37 PM
That's the name he chose for himself early in the preseason, much to TC shagrin I think.

Wrong......

Antwuan
09-01-2012, 04:48 PM
If im correct the Pats claimed Jake Ballard from the waiver wire.

davepc
09-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Are we really losing sleep over an average player who blew out his knee?

GMan-67
09-01-2012, 05:39 PM
IMGRATES !!!! .... here comes the curse of Jack Ballard

JesseJames
09-01-2012, 05:44 PM
you're right, most times Ballard would have cleared waivers but its hard to get anything passed a snake....

mattpl908
09-01-2012, 05:49 PM
they were keepin ballard until the pats scooped him up surprisingly

mattpl908
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
cant blame the pats, we wouldve scooped em up too

GameTime
09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Ballard was waived. Maybe if he wasnt picked up the Giants would have got him back. Sintim is gone......
both non issues....

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 06:10 PM
You don't cut players you want to keep - it's as simple as that.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Are we really losing sleep over an average player who blew out his knee?
Ballard was only average because he was a rookie. He is very talented, has the same measureables as Witten, same game pretty much, very good hands, good blocker, uses his body well, body control.

I'm not saying he was going to turn into a pro bowl TE but you don't know. He had promising talent.

I'm not losing sleep over anything, just stating facts. We should have cut Sintim.

You don't cut players you want to keep - it's as simple as that.

Teams do it ALL the time because of the limited roster spots and injuries.

Imgrate
09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Ballard was only average because he was a rookie. He is very talented, has the same measureables as Witten, same game pretty much, very good hands, good blocker, uses his body well, body control.I'm not saying he was going to turn into a pro bowl TE but you don't know. He had promising talent.I'm not losing sleep over anything, just stating facts. We should have cut Sintim. Teams do it ALL the time because of the limited roster spots and injuries.Same measurables as witten? Might want to check those combine numbers again

Marvelousmik
09-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Wholeheartedly agree, Bennett is a huge upgrade... not to mention he's tremendous... and a black unicorn :D not to sound like an A hole, but why did you even make this thread to begin with then?

Kevin boss, ballard, the bear? .All of those guys can look solid in our system with eli throwing them the ball. But they're still just average.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
not to sound like an A hole, but why did you even make this thread to begin with then?

Kevin boss, ballard, the bear? .All of those guys can look solid in our system with eli throwing them the ball. But they're still just average.

Because I hadn't even thought about Sintim taking up a roster spot from Ballard.

I'm very well aware Eli makes players around him better, believe me, I believe that more than anyone but Ballard had promise.

DaveBrown
09-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Should be more angry Sintim taken 1 pick before Connor Barwin & even worse, 9 picks ahead of Lesean McCoy

Drez
09-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Yeah, JR miscalculated BB's desire to build a one thousand TE army with which to conquer the world.

Drez
09-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Ballard was only average because he was a rookie. It was Ballard's second year in the league last year. He spent his rookie year on the PS, iirc.

chizz
09-01-2012, 10:41 PM
i wonder if we would pick him up again if the pats would have released him

Giantz4Life
09-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Should be more angry Sintim taken 1 pick before Connor Barwin & even worse, 9 picks ahead of Lesean McCoy

Wow. Thanks for that info that's pretty wild...

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah, JR miscalculated BB's desire to build a one thousand TE army with which to conquer the world.
He's like Gruden and his love of QBs.

BMW
09-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Yep the pats really need another TE lol.

jomo
09-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Should be more angry Sintim taken 1 pick before Connor Barwin & even worse, 9 picks ahead of Lesean McCoyThat is simply amazing 20/20 hindsight. Where did you learn that?