PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Nassib passes for 470 yards

Bigg Bluee
09-01-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/20011452/syracuse-qb-ryan-nassib-breaks-school-record

I've been following this guy for a few years, as a syracuse fan, and I have to say he's one of the most underrated college qb's. I'd love for the giants to draft Nassib next year and groom him under eli. It's time to get a young QB as our backup anyway. This guy has all of the tools to succeed in the NFL and he'll be a steal, granted his stock doesn't go up. He's also plays in NY, gotta love that.

Redeyejedi
09-01-2012, 07:06 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/20011452/syracuse-qb-ryan-nassib-breaks-school-record

I've been following this guy for a few years, as a syracuse fan, and I have to say he's one of the most underrated college qb's. I'd love for the giants to draft Nassib next year and groom him under eli. It's time to get a young QB as our backup anyway. This guy has all of the tools to succeed in the NFL and he'll be a steal, granted his stock doesn't go up. He's also plays in NY, gotta love that.Most people I talk to have him hanging around the Top 10 -15 and thats about right I think.

speedman
09-01-2012, 07:20 PM
It's too soon to start grooming a QB behind Eli

Bigg Bluee
11-16-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm going to Bump this, just because Nassib is quickly climbing draft boards. He's now considered a top ten prospect, and might go in the first round, but probably in the 2nd or 3rd. It's never too soon to groom a qb behind eli. If we can grab him in the third I'd be ecstatic. I see all of these teams losing because they don't have a franchise qb they groomed...don't want that to be us one day.

slipknottin
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
It's never too soon to groom a qb behind eli.

But it is, figure Eli will play for at least 5 more seasons, that makes Nassib at least age 27 by the time he takes over.

Redeyejedi
11-17-2012, 06:42 AM
But it is, figure Eli will play for at least 5 more seasons, that makes Nassib at least age 27 by the time he takes over.Not 2 late to groom a guy taken later then the 5th round but a 2nd 3rd rd QB no way. People flipped over the 5th rounder that went for Sage now we r using a top of the money picks on a QB who wont play for maybe 5 seasons. How versed these guys are now in passing offenses the learning curve isnt as steep anymore

slipknottin
11-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Not 2 late to groom a guy taken later then the 5th round but a 2nd 3rd rd QB no way. People flipped over the 5th rounder that went for Sage now we r using a top of the money picks on a QB who wont play for maybe 5 seasons. How versed these guys are now in passing offenses the learning curve isnt as steep anymore

The problem is how many QBs taken after round 2 are good starters? Brady is really it. Every other QB is a first or second rounder. And even quality 2nd round starters are rare

GOBLUE24
11-30-2012, 12:00 PM
i think it a good idea to draft a Qb for the future. David Carr is a solid backup but need insurance. Eli should play 5 years but year 3 need someone to be competitive to keep him sharp. If not this year than definitely next.

Bigg Bluee
04-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Bump ;)

FBomb
04-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Good call Bigg...Been following RN at SU too...live in SYR....but this one caught me by surprise. I fully expected Marrone to eventually draft him in later rounds,

Carter.525
04-28-2013, 06:55 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/college-football-rapidreports/20011452/syracuse-qb-ryan-nassib-breaks-school-recordI've been following this guy for a few years, as a syracuse fan, and I have to say he's one of the most underrated college qb's. I'd love for the giants to draft Nassib next year and groom him under eli. It's time to get a young QB as our backup anyway. This guy has all of the tools to succeed in the NFL and he'll be a steal, granted his stock doesn't go up. He's also plays in NY, gotta love that.winner winner chicken dinner..

nycsportzfan
04-28-2013, 07:24 PM
I thought Nassib was a 6th-7th rd developmental type guy myself.. I would of rather had another NFC east team draft em and have to face em, then have em play for us though...

myles2424
04-28-2013, 07:48 PM
The problem is how many QBs taken after round 2 are good starters? Brady is really it. Every other QB is a first or second rounder. And even quality 2nd round starters are rare

That's a good point, yet I wouldn't put Nassib in that category because technically he had no business going mid 4th to begin with...

Bigg Bluee
04-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah, how marrone didn't go after him is beyond me. I believe he made a huge mistake, and hopefully he will one day realize it when Nassib becomes an efficient starting quarterback somewhere (hopefully the Giants).