PDA

View Full Version : Wow..... Kellen Winslow cut by Seahawks... YES PLEASE!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Bye Bear lol... I'd pick him up in a HEARTBEAT

grapenut
09-01-2012, 05:54 PM
He's washed up, don't need another injury problem

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Was waiting for this thread... and not in a good way :p

egyptian420
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
This is probably the first time I might actually agree with these kinds of threads that pop up everytime a player gets cut from another team.

I think the O-line is the biggest concern but I have to admit, Nicks, Cruz, and Winslow would just be unfair for defenses. I imagine defenses would have a harder time gameplanning for Winslow than Bennett, but I hope I'm wrong. I still think Bennett is one of the best run blocking TEs however, so that bodes well for him.

born blue
09-01-2012, 06:09 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/kellen-winslow/

H (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/kellen-winslow/)uge Contract. Washed up player. Solid guys at the position that fit the Giants' blocking/receiving needs. No thanks.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-01-2012, 06:09 PM
This is probably the first time I might actually agree with these kinds of threads that pop up everytime a player gets cut from another team.

I think the O-line is the biggest concern but I have to admit, Nicks, Cruz, and Winslow would just be unfair for defenses. I imagine defenses would have a harder time gameplanning for Winslow than Bennett, but I hope I'm wrong. I still think Bennett is one of the best run blocking TEs however, so that bodes well for him.

I don't ever make these type of topics but Kellen is a very good TE still. He's only 29 coming off a 76 REC, 763 yards, 2 TD season in a year where Freeman was AWFUL...

Imagine what Eli could do with him.

I'm also not saying he would start over Bennett. Would make an excellent 12 punch and they can both block exceptionally well.

Imagine Bennett and Winslow in a two TE set.

dave56dj
09-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Nope - he can be a soldier elsewhere. Bennett will do just fine.

DaveBrown
09-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Both Cooley & Winslow, if healthy, could be a nice pass catching threat as a TE2 but can't see Reese signing either. Would see them grab a blocking type TE in the mold of a Dan Campbell before these guys. By the way, Campbell still looks jacked on Hard Knocks

egyptian420
09-02-2012, 12:41 AM
I don't ever make these type of topics but Kellen is a very good TE still. He's only 29 coming off a 76 REC, 763 yards, 2 TD season in a year where Freeman was AWFUL...

Imagine what Eli could do with him.

I'm also not saying he would start over Bennett. Would make an excellent 12 punch and they can both block exceptionally well.

Imagine Bennett and Winslow in a two TE set.
I agree, but I also don't think we're going to sign anyone. Might as well see what we have. I trust in Bear and Bennett

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 11:52 AM
bear knows our system can play manys positions will take new guy time to learn our offense

Joe Morrison
09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Other than having the same name as his father he never really was more than just an average TE even before he had the motorcycle crash, he got all he could out of his name recognition.

Flip Empty
09-04-2012, 06:16 PM
The Pats have reportedly brought him in for a workout. But Belichick took Ballard out of spite, huh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/pats-will-kick-tires-on-kellen-winslow/