PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Pickups

Jppallday
09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Would anyone else rather have Deion Branch than Domenik Hixon? Branch had a solid year last year in arguably the best offense in the league. We need a solid 3rd receiver until Randle is ready to take over and I'm definitely not sold on Barden

Sundown
09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
No, no and no

RoanokeFan
09-01-2012, 08:14 PM
No, we're good

grapenut
09-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Do we have to go through this with every free agent or waiver?

TheEnigma
09-01-2012, 08:21 PM
If you haven't been able to tell, this staff is extremely patient with our WRs. Barden and Hixon at least get the 2012 season to prove themselves and then we will see what happens from there.

JaxMan
09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
If you haven't been able to tell, this staff is extremely patient with our WRs. Barden and Hixon at least get the 2012 season to prove themselves and then we will see what happens from there.

I really dont think Hixon needs to prove much, he was a good contributor when plax went down, before going down last year he was starting to look solid again, dude went down catching a touchdown, also the guy has good vision in the return game. As far as Branch dude is washed up, he was a product of Brady and knowing the NE system.

Drez
09-01-2012, 08:45 PM
If a team that needs WRs cuts a WR, that probably means we don't need him.

Jppallday
09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Ok relax everyone it was a question

jomo
09-01-2012, 09:34 PM
No................

Cool Papa B.
09-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Would anyone else rather have Deion Branch than Domenik Hixon? Branch had a solid year last year in arguably the best offense in the league. We need a solid 3rd receiver until Randle is ready to take over and I'm definitely not sold on Barden

Hell no! We don't need Branch!

Flip Empty
09-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Please stop

GMan-67
09-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Branch is a fossil, no thanks, football is a young man's game

DemandedAce
09-01-2012, 10:47 PM

Yes. It's so annoying lol

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 12:05 AM
its funny. before the sb, branch was being interviewed and treated like he was an integral cog to NE success. And he def acted like that as well. It def. had to be a rude awakening that they cut him when he was playing in the sb 6 months ago

GameTime
09-02-2012, 12:08 AM
and he would be better why?????

BillTheGreek
09-02-2012, 12:24 AM
The answer is NO

Jppallday
09-02-2012, 12:41 AM
and he would be better why?????

Look at Branch's stats last year vs Barden and Hixon's. That's why

RagTime Blue
09-02-2012, 01:09 AM

Yes. People hear a name, and remember when that name meant something. Unfortunately they forget that teams don't typically cut/waive highly effective players.

I think we just have to let the posters have their fantasy moment.

Jppallday
09-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Yes. People hear a name, and remember when that name meant something. Unfortunately they forget that teams don't typically cut/waive highly effective players.

I think we just have to let the posters have their fantasy moment.

And I will let you have your fantasy moment when you can hide behind a computer and be condescending. We all root for the Giants, it was a simple thread to let people discuss and if you didn't like it you didn't have to post. Fall back

titwio
09-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Would anyone else rather have Deion Branch than Domenik Hixon?

Oh dear lord ...No.

dave56dj
09-02-2012, 04:20 AM
the thing is our system is complex with a lot of option routes. The wideouts really have to learn to read defenses just like Eli does. Its why randle, although adept at running routes, still has a ton to learn about running the option routes. Deon Branch would have to come here and learn a new language - you could teach him some sets as the slot guy like they did stokley for a couple games but with guys like Jernigan/ Barden and hixon already knowing the system it just isnt worth it.

GameTime
09-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Look at Branch's stats last year vs Barden and Hixon's. That's why
Barden is an unknown and Hixon was hurt. So I guess thats your point. He played and they didnt....
Still no.....too old and dont need the learning curve....

tonyt830
09-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Nah, I'm good with Barden and Hixon for now.

If the Giants were going to look at any free agents, O-line is a position I hope they are looking at. And yes I know we signed DJ Jones yesterday, and yes I do realize that we may not find a top notch starting O-linemen. But some quality/solid depth can't hurt.

jomo
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Nah, I'm good with Barden and Hixon for now.

If the Giants were going to look at any free agents, O-line is a position I hope they are looking at. And yes I know we signed DJ Jones yesterday, and yes I do realize that we may not find a top notch starting O-linemen. But some quality/solid depth can't hurt.Agreed! At this stage we are not going to get a talented OL short of an unlikely trade. What it is all about is contiunous improvement. What we need to look for with the roster cuts are people who are better than our backups. Since most of our guys are not good at all, we should be able to find improvement there for our OL. See what happened with Petrus yesterday as an example of my point. The guy we got isn't great but the front office and coaches believe he's better than Petrus (who set a very low bar).

tonyt830
09-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Agreed! At this stage we are not going to get a talented OL short of an unlikely trade. What it is all about is contiunous improvement. What we need to look for with the roster cuts are people who are better than our backups. Since most of our guys are not good at all, we should be able to find improvement there for our OL. See what happened with Petrus yesterday as an example of my point. The guy we got isn't great but the front office and coaches believe he's better than Petrus (who set a very low bar).Hit the nail on the head Jomo! Our front office/coaches and scouts are paid to find the best talent available for our team, even if its just for a better back-up.

Its funny you mention a trade for a quality starter at OL. I still go back to that tweet that Adam Schefter tweeted on Friday. He mentioned that the Giants could be looking to make a trade to get an O-linemen?

jomo
09-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Hit the nail on the head Jomo! Our front office/coaches and scouts are paid to find the best talent available for our team, even if its just for a better back-up.

Its funny you mention a trade for a quality starter at OL. I still go back to that tweet that Adam Schefter tweeted on Friday. He mentioned that the Giants could be looking to make a trade to get an O-linemen?If that person exists, JR should find a way to make a deal.

tonyt830
09-02-2012, 10:57 AM
If that person exists, JR should find a way to make a deal.Well I don't know if there are any teams out there that are deep with quality O-linemen and if so, what would it take to get that "quality" OL into a Giants uni.

Not to get off the subject , but I cannot find the most recent update on FAs out there? Heck even as of late last night, nfl.com did not have all of the teams practice squads listed.

FBomb
09-02-2012, 11:05 AM

YES!! Dumb question.:cool:

FBomb
09-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Ok relax everyone it was a question

Of which, unless everyone agreed with you, you didn't want honest answers.

Some friendly advice.....if you're this easily offended, don't ask.......moving on.....have a nice day.

FBomb
09-02-2012, 11:15 AM
And I will let you have your fantasy moment when you can hide behind a computer and be condescending. We all root for the Giants, it was a simple thread to let people discuss and if you didn't like it you didn't have to post. Fall back

lol.....internet tough guys are always the easiest ones to piss off.

I'm thinking this whole internet thing isn't for you.

Jppallday
09-02-2012, 12:53 PM
lol.....internet tough guys are always the easiest ones to piss off.

I'm thinking this whole internet thing isn't for you.

All I wanted was people opinions yet I get people make condescending comments an act like they are better than me. We all root for the Giants so I thought I would be treated with a tiny bit of respect but I guess that's too much to ask

FBomb
09-02-2012, 01:01 PM
All I wanted was people opinions yet I get people make condescending comments an act like they are better than me. We all root for the Giants so I thought I would be treated with a tiny bit of respect but I guess that's too much to ask

Respect is earned and we all bust each others balls here. Getting bent about it won't help you. Grow a thicker skin and bust balls back....you'll live longer.:o

MattyD21
09-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Hixon is one sharp cut or tackle away from a career ending injury , seems like every1 jumped on the bandwagon of Barden because he had his first touchdown of his career in a preseason game ... if it wasnt for drafting Randle i would think it would be a great idea