PDA

View Full Version : If Prince doesn't play....

Blue in Oz
09-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm really worried about our corners, with Prince possibly being out, and Hosley recovering from his injury, that leaves us with Webby, Coe and Tryon, and I guess Rolle can play corner also. I guess we are pretty lucky that the cowboys main receivers are injured.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 12:40 AM
they'll (dallas wrs) be playing, they just will have missed all of preseason and will not be on the same page. Witten will miss the game too.

But I like Tryon and Coe, I think they're underrated. Hosely will play anyways, he and TC have pretty much alluded to that, Hosely just cant have a setback which i cant see happening 4 days from gameday! Romo wont have the time to go downfield bc of our DL so it will help the corners keep things in front of them and not give up an easy td on a busted coverage

joemorrisforprez
09-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Given T2's situation, I thought Reese should have overpaid to retain Aaron Ross.

Blue in Oz
09-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Romo's line looks like junk, I expect a 3+ Sack game, and at least a pick from crappy thrown balls.

RagTime Blue
09-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Given T2's situation, I thought Reese should have overpaid to retain Aaron Ross.

Maybe so, maybe not. I guess it all depends on how well our "backups" play.

Ross had his best season last year, motivated by his upcoming free agency. We'll see how well he plays with job security (again).

I Bleed Blue 56
09-02-2012, 01:08 AM
I'm really worried about our corners, with Prince possibly being out, and Hosley recovering from his injury, that leaves us with Webby, Coe and Tryon, and I guess Rolle can play corner also. I guess we are pretty lucky that the cowboys main receivers are injured.
Im not worried about it at all the Giants feel confident in this group and they will perform at that high level they should.

Ntegrase96
09-02-2012, 01:13 AM
they'll (dallas wrs) be playing, they just will have missed all of preseason and will not be on the same page. Witten will miss the game too.

But I like Tryon and Coe, I think they're underrated. Hosely will play anyways, he and TC have pretty much alluded to that, Hosely just cant have a setback which i cant see happening 4 days from gameday! Romo wont have the time to go downfield bc of our DL so it will help the corners keep things in front of them and not give up an easy td on a busted coverage

I don't think the chemistry is going to be off between Austin and Romo-- those guys are a lethal combo. Whether or not his hammy will hold up is what I am concerned about.

Bryant is basically 100%. Or at least his actions show that. He was present for most of training camp and has been working his butt off

Our line has to hold up against the pass rush for us to take advantage of the mismatches in the secondary though, like you've said.

Kase-1
09-02-2012, 01:20 AM
The way Prince keeps getting hurt and the fact that our current #2 and 3 CBs are Michael Coe and Justin Tryon. I guess a DB in the draft wouldnt be too crazy

dave56dj
09-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Jayron went in practice today and said he felt little pain - so he looks like a go. Prince is out. So that most likely leaves coe on the outside with Jayron in the nickel. No whitten (who was limited but probably wont go weds) might help our backers helping out on the outside. Bryant has a knee and austin the hammy but both will go so we will have our hands full on the outside. Webby probably rolls with dez and coe with have to deal with austins speed - maybe jayron too. Heres the thing Romo cant throw to anyone if he is on his butt.

BigBlueCrew22
09-02-2012, 02:02 AM
guys hosely is playing geniuses

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 02:22 AM
I don't think the chemistry is going to be off between Austin and Romo-- those guys are a lethal combo. Whether or not his hammy will hold up is what I am concerned about.

Bryant is basically 100%. Or at least his actions show that. He was present for most of training camp and has been working his butt off

Our line has to hold up against the pass rush for us to take advantage of the mismatches in the secondary though, like you've said.HAHA lethal combo Austin and Romo ROFL this isn't 2010 another overrated Cowboy...miles austin.

Blue in Oz
09-02-2012, 02:38 AM
When Romo feels pressure, he seems to throw picks, and with that O Line, he is going to be feeling alot of pressure, another good thing for our O line is that Jay Ratliff might be out

rainierjef
09-02-2012, 03:58 AM
stop being homers. the cowboys game is going to come down to the wire, this wont be a walk in the park smfh

dave56dj
09-02-2012, 04:16 AM
Austin is a dangerous threat as is bryant. Their oline is certainly a cause for concern so if we can stop the run early we have a good chance of teeing off on romo. No doubt they will try and work the quick routed to miles early and often. Austing vs Coe is definitely a matchup in their favor. Still if coe holds up with the occasional rolled coverage and webster can do a decent job on bryant (no easy task) its gonna be tough sledding for tony. They are gonna be hell bent on helping on JPP(doubles dont always do it against 90) but tuck and co has to beat their one on ones and linval and rocky have to be stout against murray. I think week 1 ojomo plays the tolly role. Cowboys better not sleep on him either. Again the best way for the gmen to get a win is to hit tony as often as possible. Same philosophy since 07 - GET HOME. If anyone thinks this is gonna be easy you just dont watch the nfc east enough. LETS GO BLUE.

rcrane
09-02-2012, 05:20 AM
The way Prince keeps getting hurt and the fact that our current #2 and 3 CBs are Michael Coe and Justin Tryon. I guess a DB in the draft wouldnt be too crazy

Hosley tho

Blue in Oz
09-02-2012, 05:43 AM
I think they will double JPP with Smith and their LG, so if we were to run some packages with JPP/Joseph/Tuck/Osi, Linval, Osi and Tuck all get only 1 man they have to get by, and if Witten is missing, and no Unicorn for them, they don't have any TEs that are good Pass blockers, and their only RB that can pass protect is Jones, unless Murray has improved in that area, so its looking good on that front.

M00KIE
09-02-2012, 08:48 AM
guys hosely is playing geniuses

Says who? Last I heard they're going to "try" to work him back in slowly. He may play some on Wednesday but he's definitely not going to be starting or playing much. The workload will fall to Coe most likely. He'll either impress or make us all very nervous.

jimmie ray
09-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I think not having a "Prince" is a good thing..

GameTime
09-02-2012, 08:55 AM
stop being homers. the cowboys game is going to come down to the wire, this wont be a walk in the park smfh
exactly.....first game of the year is always a big event and the you never with the Giants and Cowboys. I think the Giants win but its not a given and the boys will certainly get their share of points....

Kase-1
09-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Hosley thoPersonally I would rather us get 2 OTs or an OT and DT, but if a top 10 talent who plays cb drops to us we gotta pull the trigger. I havent seen enough of Hosley to make a call just yet

mattpl908
09-02-2012, 10:20 AM
yeah i hope hosley is good to go

tonyt830
09-02-2012, 10:38 AM
HAHA lethal combo Austin and Romo ROFL this isn't 2010 another overrated Cowboy...miles austin.I'm not saying Austin is a Calvin johnson, Fitzgerald etc. But he has overachieved since coming into the NFL as an UDFA out of little Monmouth University in NJ. What has maybe held him back from being a top 10 to 15 WR in the NFL, has been injuries.

jomo
09-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Our best pass defense option will need to be our ferocious pass rush. If a QB has only 2 seconds to deliver the ball, it simplifies the CB job. If they max protect, then we've got more people to provide support underneath and up top. We'll be fine for the short term until Prince and Hosley are back and in shape.

JesseJames
09-02-2012, 10:47 AM
the biggest problem I see for us against the Cowboys isn't our CBs its who is going to block DeMarcus Ware, whether its Deih or Locklear either of them is in for long day

jomo
09-02-2012, 10:53 AM
the biggest problem I see for us against the Cowboys isn't our CBs its who is going to block DeMarcus Ware, whether its Deih or Locklear either of them is in for long dayHe'll need help for sure from Bennett and chip blocks from our backs. We can deal with one stud like Ware and the injury to Ratliff helps us alot.

derekunion28
09-02-2012, 12:16 PM
its gona be a tough game down to the wire regardless