PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take on DJ Jones

tittletoshofner
09-02-2012, 08:31 AM
From the Eagles message boards:
"Good for DJ. he was funny as hell to watch. He punched, kneed, elbowed and everything else out there. He didn't care if you were on the ground, out of the play,, nothing. He just tried to beat people up.
Was actually the funniest player I watched in preseason in a long time.
I actually would have kept him over Bell. He actually had decent skill and NEVER NEVER stopped until a whistle blew. And if you beat him on that play, you would usually know about it within a play or 2.
He literally was the last guy to stop moving almost every play."

GameTime
09-02-2012, 08:34 AM
well lets hope his skill matched his motor. If he doesn have nastry streak that would suit him welll as on olinemen.....

tonyt830
09-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I wonder if Flaherty is going to give him some reps in practice at either guard position? I know he's listed as a tackle, but I wonder if he can transition to an NFL guard? After Snee and Boothe, all we have is Cordle as an interior back-up.

Kase-1
09-02-2012, 10:24 AM
I expect eye gouges and crotch hits all day...... Captain Insane-O shows no mercy

EnragedYouth85
09-02-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm hoping he ends up being the versitle lineman that we need. We already know he can play tackle and he did play guard in college so here's to hoping!

tonyt830
09-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm hoping he ends up being the versitle lineman that we need. We already know he can play tackle and he did play guard in college so here's to hoping!And we know that Coughlin and the Giants like versatility out of their O-linemen.

jomo
09-02-2012, 10:44 AM
And we know that Coughlin and the Giants like versatility out of their O-linemen.All that matters for starters is that he's better than Petrus which would seem rather easy to me.

EnragedYouth85
09-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah I would assume the front office picked him up because he was better than the guy we just cut. lol

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I wonder if Flaherty is going to give him some reps in practice at either guard position? I know he's listed as a tackle, but I wonder if he can transition to an NFL guard? After Snee and Boothe, all we have is Cordle as an interior back-up.

its my understanding he plays both G and T

kbusch22
09-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I do think they'll give Jones plenty of reps all around the line in practice. That being said, I imagine he'll be on the inactive list for most, if not all, of this season - barring injuries along the line.

FBomb
09-02-2012, 11:22 AM
All that matters for starters is that he's better than Petrus which would seem rather easy to me.

FWIW......I am better than "Putris"

tonyt830
09-02-2012, 11:58 AM
its my understanding he plays both G and TWell that is a definite plus! Hope he works out for us, he has one of the best O-line coaches in the league.

derekunion28
09-02-2012, 12:01 PM
mitch wasnt that bad last year is extremly strong just couldnt get it togethert ...cool guy also son drove him home last year from long island to nj with steve weathford my son said they nice guys steve is a nut ...

FBomb
09-02-2012, 12:04 PM
mitch wasnt that bad last year is extremly strong just couldnt get it togethert ...cool guy also son drove him home last year from long island to nj with steve weathford my son said they nice guys steve is a nut ...

Mitch was horrible so far this preseason......not for nothing, but I think we need less "nice guys" and more mean and nasty run blockers.