PDA

View Full Version : Garrett says Bennett is only "Complimentary"

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Wow does this guy have a stick up his ** or what? I guess time will tell but from what I've seen it looks like Bennett is more than a capable #1 TE in this league. With Witten hurt and no one to fill his place I think Garrett is just displaying his envy towards the GMEN.

"Martellus is complementary; I think we...Read More

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/02/dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett-feels-giants-te-martellus-bennett-is-complimentary-player/

Also in the news,

BSPN's Stephen a. Smith, Skip Bayless Unload on New York Giants TE Martellus Bennett

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/04/espns-stephen-a-smith-skip-bayless-unload-on-new-york-giants-te-martellus-bennett

Giantz4Life
09-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Just more fuel for the Black Unicorn fire

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 01:22 PM
thats right.

Have you watched this guys locker room interviews? Hes possibly the happiest or most excited person ive ever seen.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 01:23 PM
wasnt garret the one pushing to draft MB along with JJ? So complimentary TE's are 2nd rd picks now? I call BS on Garrett. He'll say anything to feel hopeful MB wont woop Dallas week 1

ashleymarie
09-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Sour grapes are better eaten with oysters. In fairness, Carrot Top did complement the unicorn,

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 01:30 PM
He complimented him....slightly....

Calling any starter in the league (especially a young one who hasnt had a chance to shine yet) Complimentary is one of the nicest ways you can say "they suck" without actually saying it. Garrett is full of cheese

BlueSanta
09-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Good motivation. You dont want to make the Black Unicorn mad, you wont like him when he is mad.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Bennett looked downright giddy when talking to reporters about playing the Cowboys. IM sure he know's a thing or 2 about that D and cant wait to show what he can do. If Eli & KG can turn Ballard into a threat they can turn MB into a pro bowler.

jomo
09-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Wow does this guy have a stick up his ** or what? I guess time will tell but from what I've seen it looks like Bennett is more than a capable #1 TE in this league. With Witten hurt and no one to fill his place I think Garrett is just displaying his envy towards the GMEN.

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/02/dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett-feels-giants-te-martellus-bennett-is-complimentary-player/ Garrett proves with these comments that Princeton has a lower academic admissions standard for its football players. I'd love to hear more from this "brilliant" young coach between now and Wednesday.

zimonami
09-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Why would Garrett be so careless to throw out that backhanded compliment? MB will be highly motivated to play his best game ever. Garrett should know better. Let's all hope MB scores the winning TD, to complement the ones scored earlier by Cruz, Nicks, and AB. Giants 34, Dallas 27.
Actually, my prediction is 34-17... so, it's not the winning TD... but, it'll be sweet nonetheless.

jomo
09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Why would Garrett be so careless to throw out that backhanded compliment? MB will be highly motivated to play his best game ever. Garrett should know better. Let's all hope MB scores the winning TD, to complement the ones scored earlier by Cruz, Nicks, and AB. Giants 34, Dallas 27.
Actually, my prediction is 34-17... so, it's not the winning TD... but, it'll be sweet nonetheless.Visualize this, the Giants are up by 2 TD's late in the game. Bennett already has one score under his belt when Eli pitches a perfect seam pass to him for yet another TD. The crowd chants..................Jason Garrett clap, clap, clap clap clap!

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Visualize this, the Giants are up by 2 TD's late in the game. Bennett already has one score under his belt when Eli pitches a perfect seam pass to him for yet another TD. The crowd chants..................Jason Garrett clap, clap, clap clap clap!

That would make my day...no my month rather, would love to see that.

(camera pans to Jerry Jones)

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 01:58 PM
But honestly ill give Garrett props, I cant think of a nicer way to say on of your ex-players is garbage/sucks than to call them "complimentary". Brilliant

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 02:06 PM
in RF's news links, theres an interview with bennett. the way he explains his issues in dallas makes sense. how would any of us feel knowing that no matter how hard we worked, or what our skill level was, we would never be given the chance the person in front of u gets...and despite that, he still worked his butt off to become the best blocker he could. there wasnt any balls to go around really after 150 witten targets...

i dont know how JG, who was first row to that, could say "complimentary" when HE was the one who pushed to draft him in the 2nd. MB is gonna be even better than Dallas had hoped he would for them...its just he'll be on our team :)

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Wow I guess he was a complimentary player in Dallas but Jason Garrett just sound bitter that we are giving him praise with Witten and Romo not there to hold him back the black unicorn will be in seek and destroy mode. Dallas fans will be sorry they let him go, I think he has the potential to be better then Witten. To me Dallas never gave him a chance, remember Bennet is not the only one that said he wasn't able to show his full abilities T.O. said it too about Romo playing favorites. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bennet will be a top 5 TE this year.

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
in RF's news links, theres an interview with bennett. the way he explains his issues in dallas makes sense. how would any of us feel knowing that no matter how hard we worked, or what our skill level was, we would never be given the chance the person in front of u gets...and despite that, he still worked his butt off to become the best blocker he could. there wasnt any balls to go around really after 150 witten targets...

i dont know how JG, who was first row to that, could say "complimentary" when HE was the one who pushed to draft him in the 2nd. MB is gonna be even better than Dallas had hoped he would for them...its just he'll be on our team :)Can you send the link I want to read it?

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
History has warned us against calling Black Unicorns complimentary. The Unicorn will be prepared to battle

ashleymarie
09-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Can you send the link I want to read it?

It's here on the first page: News, Notes........Sept. 2, 2012. :)

Ntegrase96
09-02-2012, 02:32 PM
“We drafted Martellus, and Martellus had a role as our backup tight end, or our second tight end,” Garrett said. “We used him a lot. The personnel group that he played in most, what we called ‘12’ – two receivers, two tight ends and one back – we probably used that more than any other personnel group in our offense, and certainly we used that personnel group probably as much as anybody in our league. Martellus’ role for us was to be a run-blocker. He did that very well. And a pass protector. He did that very well. And when he had opportunities to catch the ball, for the most part he did a pretty good job.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/09/garrett-says-marty-b-did-a-good-job-with-cowboys-will-do-a-nice-job-with-giants-and-play-in-nfl-a-lo.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

He went on to say :

"“The business of the NFL is, you can’t keep everybody when their contracts run out,” Garrett said. “So we feel good about what Martellus did here. He’s going to go up to New York and do a nice job for them. He’s going to play a long time in this league.”

Ntegrase96
09-02-2012, 02:34 PM
If you isolate the word 'complimentary' it looks bad. But I think overall Garrett was pretty PC about his statements.

mattpl908
09-02-2012, 02:57 PM
lol what do u expect him to say that he wants mb back?

jomo
09-02-2012, 03:14 PM
If you isolate the word 'complimentary' it looks bad. But I think overall Garrett was pretty PC about his statements.Words count for something so before you exclude which word you choose, remember that Garrett is the only Ivy league grad coaching an NFL team.

G-Men Surg.
09-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Unleash The Black Unicorn !!!!!! Great bulletin board material .

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 03:17 PM
lol what do u expect him to say that he wants mb back? I don't think any expects that but he could've used a more flattering word the complimentary. Especially when he drafted the guy.

krygny
09-02-2012, 03:17 PM
At least they talk a good game.

Eli TO Shockey
09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Just more fuel for the Black Unicorn fire

lol. The black unicorn will shock the world this season.

rainierjef
09-02-2012, 03:39 PM
sigh smh. i don't see whats wrong with what garrett said? i think the excitement of the season and a rival game is getting to our... your heads. you can't just read complimentary and then leave out all the other things he said, and complimentary to who? the cowboys ( WHICH HE WAS!!!) or every other team? which i doubt h was referring to as he is the coach for the cowboys and doesn't know how other teams utilize their TE's.

i reiterate MB was drafted to be used in a dual TE system he mentioned in quotes provided by Ntegrase96 I remember having a debate with giantsfan420 he said something to the light of the cowboys were not running a two TE offense sort of like the PAT's well buddy there is your proof. in this Two TE system he has been a good Pass/run blocker cool but he has not... and if you look at the games he has not done much in the passing department.

another poster said i was disrespecting coach pope i think it was elicruzzz no buddy i am not some people can be coached some cant pope took shockey a horrible blocker and turned him into an all-pro i was the one lobbying for fleener when everyone said he can't block i countered we have coach pope. athleticism is nice and MB has alot of that focus, drive,determination, concentration during the games to be consistent and not flash in a pan here and there he doesn't until proven otherwise he has that label and i will not...NOT!!! shy away from my crow if he proves me wrong but best believe if he doesn't get that hot sauce ready cause i'm mentally recording all of this lol.

EnragedYouth85
09-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I just don't like anything Dallas, Eagles or Patriots related! They Jets can go suck it too!

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Can you send the link I want to read it?
go to RF's latest news and notes thread, one of the articles is an interview with bennett. scroll down a little. its a 6 page interview, nice read.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 04:15 PM
sigh smh. i don't see whats wrong with what garrett said? i think the excitement of the season and a rival game is getting to our... your heads. you can't just read complimentary and then leave out all the other things he said, and complimentary to who? the cowboys ( WHICH HE WAS!!!) or every other team? which i doubt h was referring to as he is the coach for the cowboys and doesn't know how other teams utilize their TE's.

i reiterate MB was drafted to be used in a dual TE system he mentioned in quotes provided by Ntegrase96 I remember having a debate with giantsfan420 he said something to the light of the cowboys were not running a two TE offense sort of like the PAT's well buddy there is your proof. in this Two TE system he has been a good Pass/run blocker cool but he has not... and if you look at the games he has not done much in the passing department.

another poster said i was disrespecting coach pope i think it was elicruzzz no buddy i am not some people can be coached some cant pope took shockey a horrible blocker and turned him into an all-pro i was the one lobbying for fleener when everyone said he can't block i countered we have coach pope. athleticism is nice and MB has alot of that focus, drive,determination, concentration during the games to be consistent and not flash in a pan here and there he doesn't until proven otherwise he has that label and i will not...NOT!!! shy away from my crow if he proves me wrong but best believe if he doesn't get that hot sauce ready cause i'm mentally recording all of this lol.
no, u were saying that bc they used the 22 formation that bennett had all these opportunities that he missed and that he wasnt getting it done or something...which i went onto say that the offense primarily goes thru witten, and they werent using the 22 as their base (which JG then went onto allude to saying that they at least used that formation as much as anyone else) and that Bennett was asked to block with the occassional 1 target a game if he was lucky.
which nte's article stated, JG echoed what I had said exactly, that he was used to run and pass block, even out of the 22 formation that u tried using against him...

i think its fair to say MB lived up to what Dallas asked of him, which is the opposite of what ur stance seemed to be that he was this inept guy that Dallas had to give up on, which again, JG says otherwise.

Sundown
09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Something has to be said about the Cowboys organization as a whole, rarely do you see a player leave the Cowboys and suck, most leave a play better, Canty, Bowen and others. From the look of things the Cowboys have a weak system (maybe Garrett can change that) that doesnt get "everything" out of their players. Players leave the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Giants and they fall into the abyss. Pope will get everything out of Bennett and ultimately will have Cowboys fans wondering "WTF, is that Bennett!?"

FBomb
09-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Is being "complimentary' a BAD thing? I mean, he could have said Bennet "sucks". That would have been much funnier especially if The Black Unicorn lights the Cowpies up!!!

FBomb
09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Something has to be said about the Cowboys organization has a whole, rarely do you see a player leave the Cowboys and suck, most leave a play better, Canty, Bowen and others. From the look of things the Cowboys have a weak system (maybe Garrett can change that) that doesnt get "everything" out of their players. Players leave the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Giants and they fall into the abyss. Pope will get everything out of Bennett and ultimately will have Cowboys fans wondering "WTF, is that Bennett!?"

What it tells me is that the Cowboys staff has no idea how to coach up good players. Put into a REAL coaching environment and they thrive.

rainierjef
09-02-2012, 04:35 PM
no, u were saying that bc they used the 22 formation that bennett had all these opportunities that he missed and that he wasnt getting it done or something...which i went onto say that the offense primarily goes thru witten, and they werent using the 22 as their base (which JG then went onto allude to saying that they at least used that formation as much as anyone else) and that Bennett was asked to block with the occassional 1 target a game if he was lucky.
which nte's article stated, JG echoed what I had said exactly, that he was used to run and pass block, even out of the 22 formation that u tried using against him...

i think its fair to say MB lived up to what Dallas asked of him, which is the opposite of what ur stance seemed to be that he was this inept guy that Dallas had to give up on, which again, JG says otherwise.

jason garret was being modest man. read between the lines; the opportunities that was given to him was not taken in full, he did not earn the trust of romo to be a constant target, he then had his duties relegated to primarily blocking/ decoy occasionally in the seam, middle or flat, he did not come into the league as just a blocking TE they saw his athleticism and drafted him to exploit defenses over the middle along with witten what they did not account for was his work ethic and lack of concentration on the field. Phillips surpassed him as the second TE effortlessley and hes been getting opportunities with romo while witten was there, and is expected to help more this year in that dual TE offense. you will see as the season progresses.

and while your right that the offense goes through witten; then it should of been easy for Bennett to destroy defenses, what they had T.O back then and crayton then witten, barber and jones those guys back then were taking away defenders each, witten probably two he most likely saw single coverage most of the time and your telling me he couldn't exploit that? with all his speed and skill, come on bro i root for this team just as much as anyone but until this guy shows consistency i just don't see the optimistic hype. i stand my ground in saying he was a band-aid pick up. i hope he proves me wrong

rainierjef
09-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Something has to be said about the Cowboys organization as a whole, rarely do you see a player leave the Cowboys and suck, most leave a play better, Canty, Bowen and others. From the look of things the Cowboys have a weak system (maybe Garrett can change that) that doesnt get "everything" out of their players. Players leave the Pats, Packers, Steelers, Giants and they fall into the abyss. Pope will get everything out of Bennett and ultimately will have Cowboys fans wondering "WTF, is that Bennett!?"

god i hope your right..... i agree most giants players let go don't produce much i think the one anomaly to that was cameron wake. am i missing anyone else?

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 04:41 PM
jason garret was being modest man. read between the lines; the opportunities that was given to him was not taken in full, he did not earn the trust of romo to be a constant target, he then had his duties relegated to primarily blocking/ decoy occasionally in the seam, middle or flat, he did not come into the league as just a blocking TE they saw his athleticism and drafted him to exploit defenses over the middle along with witten what they did not account for was his work ethic and lack of concentration on the field. Phillips surpassed him as the second TE effortlessley and hes been getting opportunities with romo while witten was there, and is expected to help more this year in that dual TE offense. you will see as the season progresses.

and while your right that the offense goes through witten; then it should of been easy for Bennett to destroy defenses, what they had T.O back then and crayton then witten, barber and jones those guys back then were taking away defenders each, witten probably two he most likely saw single coverage most of the time and your telling me he couldn't exploit that? with all his speed and skill, come on bro i root for this team just as much as anyone but until this guy shows consistency i just don't see the optimistic hype. i stand my ground in saying he was a band-aid pick up. i hope he proves me wrong

ok cowboys fan

rainierjef
09-02-2012, 04:42 PM
ok cowboys fan

you just got here so you don't even deserve rebuttal!

jomo
09-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Since Jerry Jones is responsible for all that is good with the Cowboy and finds it necessary to come down to the sideline in the fourth quater to exhort his players maybe Jason Garret is actually a "COMPLIMENTARY COACH"? :D

embeshAtYa
09-02-2012, 04:45 PM
ahh. what else do you say about the guy when you have jason witten and your other guy is in the giants now. use as fuel ..

EnragedYouth85
09-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Since Jerry Jones is responsible for all that is good with the Cowboy and finds it necessary to come down to the sideline in the fourth quater to exhort his players maybe Jason Garret is actually a "COMPLIMENTARY COACH"? :D

Jerry Jones is just a ******, that explains it all..

rainierjef
09-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Oh....jomo lmao

jomo
09-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Oh....jomo lmaoThat was just too easy, a hanging curve right over the plate! lol

jimmie ray
09-02-2012, 04:59 PM
^ Yeah, but can Garret get them pre-released playoff tickets like Jerry can?

Sundown
09-02-2012, 05:10 PM
god i hope your right..... i agree most giants players let go don't produce much i think the one anomaly to that was cameron wake. am i missing anyone else? I wouldn't count Wake as we had/have so much d-line talent that some players just didn't have a chance to shine. Almost similar to Grant when he went to green bay. Wake was given the reps he needed in Miami to grow to what he is now. His growth would have been stunted in NY due to the numbers game. I can't think of a current player that's left this system and still flourish somewhere else.

DragonSoul
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Based on what Garrett said, it doesn't seem to me that Bennett is just complementary. Garrett said he was very good in generally every aspect that he had to be part of. If thats complementary I am not sure what Top tier, or bad is anymore.

"Martellus is complementary; I think we played to his strengths. We felt like he was a very good run-blocker and a very good pass-protector, and when he got opportunities in the passing game, he generally did a very good job with those as well," Garrett said

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't count Wake as we had/have so much d-line talent that some players just didn't have a chance to shine. Almost similar to Grant when he went to green bay. Wake was given the reps he needed in Miami to grow to what he is now. His growth would have been stunted in NY due to the numbers game. I can't think of a current player that's left this system and still flourish somewhere else.

Visante Shiancoe

Giants5699
09-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Giants: 1 trillion
Cowterds: negative 1trillion

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 07:21 PM

This exactly

FBomb
09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm calling my bookie as we speak.

Sundown
09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Visante Shiancoe good call but I still wouldn't count him. He was a backup to Shockey who by the way did nothing when he left like Boss and most likely Ballard.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Visante Shiancoe

shiancoe, cameron wake, ryan grant, ryan clark (safety of pitt.), just to name a few

derekunion28
09-02-2012, 08:41 PM
vishantia shanico for vikings played lights out for viking and was a tight end.....grant rb for green bay yes players suck here and play better elsewere because they have others ahead shokey and tiki jacobs etc etc

Generation Eli
09-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Giants got him first and foremost for his blocking

He will be good enough in the passing game to help this team win. He is the 4th option at best and a pretty darn good one at that.

With that said, Garret needs to STFU and mind his own.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 08:52 PM
i dunno bout 4th option at best. everyones been raving about him and TC said hes a legit vertical threat. Nicks and Cruz will command a lot of double coverage, MB and the 3rd wr are gonna get a lot of 1v1 looks, and aint no corner/safety/lb gonna cover MB 1v1 imho

Jiffy Jeff
09-02-2012, 09:16 PM
He should know. He was never more than a "complementary" backup quarterback.

Martin 2
09-02-2012, 09:29 PM
All the talking gets done on the field Wed nite!

The coaches are very thrilled at Bennetts attitude and energy.

This his opportunity to walk out of the shadow of Witten.

If anything Garrett will be motivating MB even more.

Can't wait for the game.

zimonami
09-02-2012, 09:44 PM
He should know. He was never more than a "complementary" backup quarterback.
good one... very true... and you are one of the few who understands the correct difference between 'complement' and 'compliment'.
Notice the author of the original thread cited also got it wrong?

oahucowboy94
09-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Giants got him first and foremost for his blocking

He will be good enough in the passing game to help this team win. He is the 4th option at best and a pretty darn good one at that.

With that said, Garret needs to STFU and mind his own.
So you would say he's complementary then?

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 09:47 PM
good one... very true... and you are one of the few who understands the correct difference between 'complement' and 'compliment'.
Notice the author of the original thread cited also got it wrong?

i dont think anyone could have confused it besides the spelling tho. what, JG was saying MB is a very nice person full of compliments? lol. no. of course it means that JG is saying MB complemented the offense, meaning his skills fit into what the offense needed him to do well.

zimonami
09-02-2012, 09:59 PM
i dont think anyone could have confused it besides the spelling tho. what, JG was saying MB is a very nice person full of compliments? lol. no. of course it means that JG is saying MB complemented the offense, meaning his skills fit into what the offense needed him to do well.
It was a weak compliment, but I don't think he was trashing MB. Just kinda like saying, "Well, yeah, he was OK. Nothing spectacular, but he fit in."
Of course Wednesday night MB will show his old coach how nicely he fits in by scoring a TD, complementing the ones scored by Cruz, Nicks, and AB.

jomo
09-02-2012, 10:02 PM
He should know. He was never more than a "complementary" backup quarterback.Nicely played but in truth, he never even ascended to be a "complementary" QB. He was just a guy with a clipboard.

Captain Chaos
09-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Reasonable for a former coach not to provide much of any type of compliment~

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
It was a weak compliment, but I don't think he was trashing MB. Just kinda like saying, "Well, yeah, he was OK. Nothing spectacular, but he fit in."
Of course Wednesday night MB will show his old coach how nicely he fits in by scoring a TD, complementing the ones scored by Cruz, Nicks, and AB.
well done. i c what u did there

oahucowboy94
09-02-2012, 11:27 PM
IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys’ coaches never did seem to figure out how to light a motivational fire under Martellus Bennett’s butt during his four disappointing seasons in Dallas.

Jason Garrett certainly isn’t about to do it now that the tight end, known for his wild personality and wasted potential, plays for the New York Giants.

Garrett had nothing but praise when asked about Bennett on Sunday, disagreeing with the premise of a question about why things didn’t work out for the Cowboys’ 2008 second-round pick in Dallas.

Garrett claimed that Bennett did what the Cowboys wanted him to do as the second tight end behind seven-time Pro Bowler Jason Witten. Garrett’s said Bennett performed “very well” in his primary roles as a run blocker and pass protector and did “a pretty good job” when he had opportunities in the passing game.

“The business of the NFL is that you can’t keep everybody when their contracts run out,” Garrett said. “We feel good about what Martellus did here. He’s going to go up to New York and do a nice job for them. He’s going to play a long time in this league.”

Let’s cut through the bull: You don’t draft a blocking tight end in the second round.

Give the Cowboys’ front office credit for not being complete fools, although they did draft a complementary back (Felix Jones) in the first round that year. They know you can find grunt-work tight ends, such as John Phillips, in the draft’s later rounds. They believed Marty B, with his size and athleticism, would be much more than that.

Valley Ranch folks raved about Bennett’s explosiveness early in his Cowboys tenure. They gushed about the way that he came out of breaks like a wide receiver. They dreamed of the possibilities while watching him make acrobatic catch after acrobatic catch in the Alamodome during the 2009 training camp.

But Bennett’s four-year totals would be one so-so season for Witten: 85 catches, 846 yards and four touchdowns. After teasing with four touchdowns as a rookie, Bennett failed to reach the end zone in the last three seasons.

The blame game for Bennett’s poor production in the passing game can be a chicken-or-the-egg kind of deal. Was it because he didn’t get enough opportunities? Or did he not get opportunities because he failed to earn the trust of the coaches and the quarterback?

We’ll find out this season.

We already know that Bennett was a wasted second-round pick for the Cowboys, whether or not Garrett wants to admit it a few days before facing the Giants.

Now, the writer wanted you to "read between the lines" making you think JG was slighting MartyB but I think he was giving him honest praise. I think Marty did what he was asked to do which was block most of the time. It's just when he was asked to catch passes a few times a game he didn't follow through as the article states he didn't reach the end zone in his last 3 seasons here, I'm thinking a trust factor diminished as time went on. I'm not sure how it's going to go down since you guys have him on a one year deal I think, I doubt he gets these incredible numbers that some of you think he's going to do. If you struggle with you Oline then he may be doing a lot of blocking like he did in Dallas. He's great at that. Cheap signing for you guys, may provide the blocking you need. For his sake, he needs to make some catches to warrant a good contract. If not, gladly have him play some basketball for the Mavs. Anyhow, some are bashing a guy who really respects your organization and someone who was a part of it for a stint. Who knows, this young coach may one day coach there. Never know.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 12:05 AM
go to RF's latest news and notes thread, one of the articles is an interview with bennett. scroll down a little. its a 6 page interview, nice read.thanks..........

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 12:35 AM
IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys’ coaches never did seem to figure out how to light a motivational fire under Martellus Bennett’s butt during his four disappointing seasons in Dallas.

Jason Garrett certainly isn’t about to do it now that the tight end, known for his wild personality and wasted potential, plays for the New York Giants.

Garrett had nothing but praise when asked about Bennett on Sunday, disagreeing with the premise of a question about why things didn’t work out for the Cowboys’ 2008 second-round pick in Dallas.

Garrett claimed that Bennett did what the Cowboys wanted him to do as the second tight end behind seven-time Pro Bowler Jason Witten. Garrett’s said Bennett performed “very well” in his primary roles as a run blocker and pass protector and did “a pretty good job” when he had opportunities in the passing game.

“The business of the NFL is that you can’t keep everybody when their contracts run out,” Garrett said. “We feel good about what Martellus did here. He’s going to go up to New York and do a nice job for them. He’s going to play a long time in this league.”

Let’s cut through the bull: You don’t draft a blocking tight end in the second round.

Give the Cowboys’ front office credit for not being complete fools, although they did draft a complementary back (Felix Jones) in the first round that year. They know you can find grunt-work tight ends, such as John Phillips, in the draft’s later rounds. They believed Marty B, with his size and athleticism, would be much more than that.

Valley Ranch folks raved about Bennett’s explosiveness early in his Cowboys tenure. They gushed about the way that he came out of breaks like a wide receiver. They dreamed of the possibilities while watching him make acrobatic catch after acrobatic catch in the Alamodome during the 2009 training camp.

But Bennett’s four-year totals would be one so-so season for Witten: 85 catches, 846 yards and four touchdowns. After teasing with four touchdowns as a rookie, Bennett failed to reach the end zone in the last three seasons.

The blame game for Bennett’s poor production in the passing game can be a chicken-or-the-egg kind of deal. Was it because he didn’t get enough opportunities? Or did he not get opportunities because he failed to earn the trust of the coaches and the quarterback?

We’ll find out this season.

We already know that Bennett was a wasted second-round pick for the Cowboys, whether or not Garrett wants to admit it a few days before facing the Giants.

Now, the writer wanted you to "read between the lines" making you think JG was slighting MartyB but I think he was giving him honest praise. I think Marty did what he was asked to do which was block most of the time. It's just when he was asked to catch passes a few times a game he didn't follow through as the article states he didn't reach the end zone in his last 3 seasons here, I'm thinking a trust factor diminished as time went on. I'm not sure how it's going to go down since you guys have him on a one year deal I think, I doubt he gets these incredible numbers that some of you think he's going to do. If you struggle with you Oline then he may be doing a lot of blocking like he did in Dallas. He's great at that. Cheap signing for you guys, may provide the blocking you need. For his sake, he needs to make some catches to warrant a good contract. If not, gladly have him play some basketball for the Mavs. Anyhow, some are bashing a guy who really respects your organization and someone who was a part of it for a stint. Who knows, this young coach may one day coach there. Never know.
it is quite simply romo progresses through his options with witten at priority 1. witten has like 150 targets a year IIRC reading somewhere. It wasnt some phantom trust issue, in fact, Bennett actually had one of the leagues highest completion per attempt % among the games best TE's.
How would any of us feel, how would u feel knowing that no matter how hard or dedicated you are to the thing you love to do, you will never get the opportunity that some one in front of u is getting...Bennett said after year 3 he was wondering if he should retire bc it frustrated him.
He absolutely did what Dallas asked of him, which was to play 2nd fiddle and make sure he pass protected so romo could pass to witten, which had to add salt to the wound...

Bennett is an athletic freak with crazy physical tools. Eli is gonna do what Romo shoulda done in Dallas; pass to the guy whose open w.o. playing any sort of favoritism. This preseason he has already displayed how effective he can be in both the run and pass game with punishing run blocks, and consistent route running with a sick TD reception. Guy is gonna have a HUGE year. Eli constantly takes less gifted, talented TE's and churns 50 receptions a year.

oahucowboy94
09-03-2012, 12:53 AM
it is quite simply romo progresses through his options with witten at priority 1. witten has like 150 targets a year IIRC reading somewhere. It wasnt some phantom trust issue, in fact, Bennett actually had one of the leagues highest completion per attempt % among the games best TE's.
How would any of us feel, how would u feel knowing that no matter how hard or dedicated you are to the thing you love to do, you will never get the opportunity that some one in front of u is getting...Bennett said after year 3 he was wondering if he should retire bc it frustrated him.
He absolutely did what Dallas asked of him, which was to play 2nd fiddle and make sure he pass protected so romo could pass to witten, which had to add salt to the wound...

Bennett is an athletic freak with crazy physical tools. Eli is gonna do what Romo shoulda done in Dallas; pass to the guy whose open w.o. playing any sort of favoritism. This preseason he has already displayed how effective he can be in both the run and pass game with punishing run blocks, and consistent route running with a sick TD reception. Guy is gonna have a HUGE year. Eli constantly takes less gifted, talented TE's and churns 50 receptions a year.

How hard he dedicated? I doubt you watched the rival's hardknocks but working hard is something he didn't do. Busy making youtube videos... oh look, 20 uploaded today. But seriously, how huge a year could he have when he's going to be asked to protect Eli from falling on his arse? He'll block, he'll catch, I just doubt his ability to achieve this HUGE year you guys think he's going to have. Come Wednesday he's going to be asked to pick up the rush. 4 thrown his way, 2 caught, 1 drop, 1 INT by Sean Lee. No TDs. I'll be back if I'm wrong. Promise.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 01:51 AM
well giants.com did a clip on his workout schedule and what he does to stay in shape, and dude looked plenty dedicated to me.
and he became one of the leagues best blocking TE's, which was the opposite of what he was brought in for, bc of the success Witten was having. That shows dedication to me, working hard in an area that ur own fans could care less about (as now that hes gone all i've seen from cowboys fans is how he was this collosal waste) which is blocking...
Here, he will have the opportunity to be "the guy". I see no reason why he can't break out. he's physically more gifted than virtually 90% of the leagues TE's, hes a great blocker, and he's gonna have one of the BEST qbs in the game...if anything i think i just realized whats really going on...dallas fans dont want to deal with the reality that it actually wasnt bennett that was the reason he wasnt being used to the fullest of his amazing potential, it was romos...

Toadofsteel
09-03-2012, 01:55 AM
How hard he dedicated? I doubt you watched the rival's hardknocks but working hard is something he didn't do. Busy making youtube videos... oh look, 20 uploaded today. But seriously, how huge a year could he have when he's going to be asked to protect Eli from falling on his arse? He'll block, he'll catch, I just doubt his ability to achieve this HUGE year you guys think he's going to have. Come Wednesday he's going to be asked to pick up the rush. 4 thrown his way, 2 caught, 1 drop, 1 INT by Sean Lee. No TDs. I'll be back if I'm wrong. Promise.

I have a feeling his work ethic was a product of the Dallas system, and that TC made it clear that MB had to work his *** off for his opportunities here. He certainly wouldn't be the first to benefit from going to a better organization.

That said, I agree that he will mostly be used to block and won't necessarily have such a high receiving production week 1.

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 02:26 AM
im not going to sit here and argue with cowboys fans that have watched and hoped for this guy to live up to his potential for 4 years now; as much as all of you want to look at stats and compare this mans career and automatically say hes going to be a beast cause he's a giant, we were all calling him trash when he was a cowboys fan and the cowboys fans were using him as the catalysis to why they would win the game. the cowboys fans would have more knowledge of him and what he has done uase they have watched him, read about him everything he's done over 4 year they are the more versed on him.
i honestly doubt fans would be happy of letting go any cog to their machine if that cog was necessary.
all of a sudden hes this magnificent player that's going to have this break out year? that's just unrealistic if it was one year or even two ok fine, if there wasn't the hard knocks and that showing his lack of work ethic ok fine but its been 4... years!!!! COME ON MAN! i hope he turns it around but i'm not going to blindly sit here and say this guys is going to have a jimmy graham year like most of you are.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 02:45 AM
im not going to sit here and argue with cowboys fans that have watched and hoped for this guy to live up to his potential for 4 years now; as much as all of you want to look at stats and compare this mans career and automatically say hes going to be a beast cause he's a giant, we were all calling him trash when he was a cowboys fan and the cowboys fans were using him as the catalysis to why they would win the game. the cowboys fans would have more knowledge of him and what he has done uase they have watched him, read about him everything he's done over 4 year they are the more versed on him.
i honestly doubt fans would be happy of letting go any cog to their machine if that cog was necessary.
all of a sudden hes this magnificent player that's going to have this break out year? that's just unrealistic if it was one year or even two ok fine, if there wasn't the hard knocks and that showing his lack of work ethic ok fine but its been 4... years!!!! COME ON MAN! i hope he turns it around but i'm not going to blindly sit here and say this guys is going to have a jimmy graham year like most of you are.
if thats how your mind works, great.

me, just bc he was a cowboy didnt mean i didnt recognize his ability and talent. I did watch Hard Knocks, and I've known of Bennett since he came on, before even. I have always felt he could be a beast, but that being behind Witten would stunt his progression.
And just bc a person is a fan of a specific players team does not make that person more knowledgeable. If you feel that bc he's a cowboys fan, he 100% knows more than you about cowboys football and that if you hold a different opinion than him, it is not based on any legit reasoning, thats great.

I don't subscribe to that tho, and I believe I have more than enough understanding and knowledge of Bennett to be able to form a different opinion than a cowboys fan.

and further, your lil example is illogical. What he says now about Bennett is true, but what he was saying when Bennett was a Cowboy, well all those times he was really wrong...thats a might confusing line to draw in the sand, no? Basically, when bennett was a cowboy, he had an amazing upside, was incredibly gifted and talented...but now that hes no longer a cowboys, he was really just a bust who had more then enough opportunity to be an all pro...lmao ook then.

i dont get whats so hard to understand about this; Bennett, JG, heck even Witten have all clearly acknowledged that there wasnt enough balls to go around to really involve MB in the passing attack, so he was asked to become primarily a blocker. How did he respond to that request? He became PFF's top rated blocking TE...
yeah, HUGE bust. no shot here. no reason to be optimistic either. in fact if he doesnt succeed, didnt u say u were "going to remember and whistle a different tune" or something?

edit-and again, to clarify the misconception that he missed all these opportunities and dropped all these passes...well, uh, no actually he had one of the highest completion per attempt % for a TE, in fact im almost 100% that Bennetts % was higher than wittens! again, simply put, when witten is getting 150 targets A SEASON, how many do u think is left over for the 2nd TE? Lets say a QB in a throwing offense will have 600 attempts. if u break it up into passes to wrs, rbs, and tes, it works out into a % of passes per unit. what % do u think Wittens 150 targets a season (avg) takes up of the total targets to the TE's? prob like 95%...not alot of room for Bennett to break out. id bet bennetts total targets as a cowboys is still less than ONE seasons targets witten got

edit2- and witten has played in like 140 straight games, so bennett hasnt even had the occassional opportunity due to injury

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 02:48 AM
its not how my mind works all the time but with this guy that's the stance until he changes that. if your happy with work out videos and a couple catches in preseason cool i'm not.

and just me i dont believe you when you say you knew bennett before.

and i am not talking about one fan in general im talking about alot of them resonating the same thought on bennett i sincerely doubt all cowboys fan are mindless jerry's. but like i said you believe what you want with stats that are misleading i sincerely doubt you watched every game the cowboys played since bennett as been there to give an accurate description of him and his play coaches said the same thing about him players said the same thing about him i will take their word over you and your google skills any day.

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 03:05 AM
Garrett is proving to be only complimentary ... he was OK as QB coach, not awful as OC, but WOW as head coach OUCH .. in over his head

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 04:55 AM
its not how my mind works all the time but with this guy that's the stance until he changes that. if your happy with work out videos and a couple catches in preseason cool i'm not.

and just me i dont believe you when you say you knew bennett before.

and i am not talking about one fan in general im talking about alot of them resonating the same thought on bennett i sincerely doubt all cowboys fan are mindless jerry's. but like i said you believe what you want with stats that are misleading i sincerely doubt you watched every game the cowboys played since bennett as been there to give an accurate description of him and his play coaches said the same thing about him players said the same thing about him i will take their word over you and your google skills any day.
lmao. i remember a few months ago when you were going around telling people how much more superior you are then everyone. i mean i knew you were actually being serious, but I still didnt think u truly felt that way. Well, guess I was wrong. Because you assume that if you dont know something, then no one else does. and when someone is smarter than u on a subject, you try to devalue that persons opinions.
First off, leading to his draft, it was widely known Bennett was a physical freak. So yes, I did know of him before he was a Cowboy when he was coming out of Texas A n M. Just bc u were clueless about a prospect doesnt mean everyone else was.
Moving onto this point u make over and over, about how "well cowboys fans watch every minute you dont, how could u know about him. i trust their fans opinions bc they know more." That logic is so off i dunno where to begin. First, JG himself has stated the opposite of ur theory, literally the opposite. "He'll be a real good player for NY for a lot of years." Thats right off the bat. Second, JG, Bennett, JJ, EVEN WITTEN all acknowledge how there wasnt a legit opportunity for him to be a main staple of the pass offense. They've ALL said there just wasnt enough balls to go around. JG was even asked about cowboys fans disappointment in him and he made sure to explain that he did everything that was asked of him very well. Its just they were asking him to block almost all the time.
I didnt google Bennett, I know about him as a player. and my opinion which ur quick to dismiss and be condescending, matches what JR and the Giants feel, bc they went and signed him. You think they would sign a player they didnt believe would be a quality contributor? U think EVERYONE who actually knows of the situation is lying and that bitter cowboy fans know more than the coaches and GM of both organizations? LMFAO.

i dont get how u cant even understand that bennett just left the cowboys to go to a hated rival. u think they're gonna be respectful or objective??? I can say I am at least objective on bennett bc my opinion of him has pretty much been the same since his draft, and that is he is a physical athletic freak with basketball ties who could be a beast in the right situation. luckily for him, he found the right situation.

ultimately, i can respect the thought bennett is overrated or an avg player with no upside and that he isnt gonna be anything on our team if the person making those statements isnt condescending and basing it off fallacies and just illogical reasoning. Bennett is gonna have a kick *** year, so will Rivers. I can say that knowing its based on my knowledge of him. Your opinion is based on what cowboys fans who come to the giants MB say...lmao cool

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 05:06 AM
lmao. i remember a few months ago when you were going around telling people how much more superior you are then everyone.

do you have proof of this? i don't remember ever saying i was much more superior than anyone on here? i think your a little besides yourself on this one. but this is your MO nothing has changed with you i'll just go back to what i was originally doing with you as a poster.

and when someone is smarter than u on a subject, you try to devalue that persons opinions. did i say i was smarter than you? in any of my responses? i said i doubt you have the overall knowledge of what bennett has done over the years while he was a cowboy, did you watch every cowboys game since he came into the league, did you watch every game he played in college? or are you not just regurgitating stats from multiple sites to justify your claim? why does it always come down to who's smarter or more intelligent on a matter with you? do you feel inferior about your intellect that you are up in arms whenever it is challenged?

Just bc u were clueless about a prospect doesnt mean everyone else was. this is an assumption and a poor one. you have stated many of times that the cowboys drafted him to be a blocker primarily while i have argued with you that he was drafted to be a part of a two TE system that you said was let me get this one correct a "fallacy?" you love using that word.

"well cowboys fans watch every minute you dont, how could u know about him. i trust their fans opinions bc they know more." if your going to quote me do it correctly thanks. i merely state knowledgeable cowboys fans have seen what this guy can do for 4 years they watched his combine before or after he was drafted they studied his collegiate career cause he was then a cowboy. they have more knowledge than you!!! a giants fan cause its a player of their interest, whatever he did in camp, preseason, on the field in games, off season they knew about it and critiqued accordingly. i find it personally hard to believe that you was following bennett as closely as the average cowboys fan was far less the knowledgeable fan, unless you feel there are no knowledgeable cowboy fans? i mean i know we hate the organization and most of its fans, the ignoramuses at least but not all of them are like that. i think you only started taking a close look at bennett after reese signed him and what gives me this thought is one thing you posted earlier "well i've see one of his workout videos an he looks determined." sigh*

"He'll be a real good player for NY for a lot of years."
what else is he supposed to say he will be horrible? and did i say he would be horrible? i think you need to read and comprehend that is not me saying you cant already do so i am saying take you time and read while comprehending what i am saying... " i hope he is everything you guy project him to be, i would like to see some consistency out of him that was not shown in the last 4 years." that in a nutshell sums up everything i have said to date about this guy.

I didnt google Bennett, I know about him as a player. and my opinion which ur quick to dismiss and be condescending, matches what JR and the Giants feel, bc they went and signed him so.... because we signed him, your opinions of him are spot on? what other TE's was on the market worth looking at? who did we have that we felt comfortable with on the roster at TE? when did we draft a TE and was he sure fire starter or project? jerry got a need player that was available for a position that needed filling, people were clamoring christian hopkins as the next savior at the position, that is how in shambles out TE position was with the injuries. if we had ballard or even just beckum do you really think we go out an get this guy? not every pick up is a "this guys the real deal get him," ( i think rolle was the last pick up of that nature which is why he got the contract he got) some are "he fills a need." i think bennett is a fill a need pick ( band-aid) as i like to call it.

U think EVERYONE who actually knows of the situation is lying and that bitter cowboy fans know more than the coaches and GM of both organizations? LMFAO.
your calling them bitter cause they are happy to let go of a player that did nothing for them?
the coach and gm of the cowboys decided to let him go... do you know more than them?
what's your point with this one? and why are you lmfao at your own statements all the time? =/

i dont get how u cant even understand that bennett just left the cowboys to go to a hated rival. u think they're gonna be respectful or objective???
yeah i do cause not all human beings are morons regardless of who they root for. some people are respectful, objective fans, that give an honest opinion. first thing i said to my boss who's a niner's fan "you got a good deep threat wide out, he's a little inconsistent in his route running but he a threat nonetheless good pick up for you guys." that was respectful and objective to a fan of a different team, why is it so hard for you to understand that this type of behavior is not solely classified to just giants fans?

ultimately, i can respect the thought bennett is overrated or an avg player with no upside and that he isnt gonna be anything on our team if the person making those statements isnt condescending and basing it off fallacies and just illogical reasoning.
there you go with this fallacy thing again.. what is with you and this word its like you just learned it and your finding every chance to use it, trust me i do the same thing sometimes.
whats a fallacy then?
he has not done in the last 4 year what warrants the type of hype he gets by most fans on this board?
he was drafted to be an added weapon in the passing game for romo but didn't take advantage of the opportunities given to him even it was limited balls thrown his way, drops are critical and you can lose the trust of your coach and QB with them?
he lost his job to phillips who with his opportunities did better?
a work out video is not enough to show what you can do on the field?

Bennett is gonna have a kick *** year, so will Rivers. I can say that knowing its based on my knowledge of him. Your opinion is based on what cowboys fans who come to the giants MB say...lmao cool
oh... so you know rivers to. you've been watching all the bengals games as well huh and usc before he was drafted your a busy guy man how do you find the time to do anything else you've watched bennett since college and his cowboy games cause your knowledgeable of him, same thing with rivers through college and his bengals games and you watch ever giants game. that's impressive bro.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 05:17 AM
do you have proof of this? i don't remember ever saying i was much more superior than anyone on here? i think your a little besides yourself on this one. but this is your MO nothing has changed with you i'll just go back to what i was originally doing with you as a poster.

did i say i was smarter than you? in any of my responses? i said i doubt you have the overall knowledge of what bennett has done over the years while he was a cowboy, did you watch every cowboys game since he came into the league, did you watch every game he played in college? or are you not just regurgitating stats from multiple sites to justify your claim?

you literally went "I know i'm superior to you" to me a few months ago, which was why i thought u kept on making posts like the one you did just the other night about Austins back injury and you laughing at me....but anyways back to football, so now the requirement is having to watch every college game now? and multiple sites? where are these phantom sites going on about Bennett? Pls point any u can find, i'd like to visit them.
u've maintained that you dont know anything about him, and that a cowboys fan who comes here must know more about bennett than i do. all i've done is present my opinion with statistics and actual quotes from guys like JG, JJ, Witten, TC, etc...you dont know anything about bennett by ur own admission, sorry if i dont refer to u on the topic of bennett

edit-theres nothing wrong with not knwing about a player. but when u make up things or apply incorrect characteristics to a player, dont be surprised when someone like me tries to point out the flaws of that logic. ie JG, JJ, Witten, TC, JR, Bennett all saying the exact opposite of what you and the cowboys fans have said

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 05:50 AM
you literally went "I know i'm superior to you" to me a few months ago, which was why i thought u kept on making posts like the one you did just the other night about Austins back injury and you laughing at me....but anyways back to football, so now the requirement is having to watch every college game now? and multiple sites? where are these phantom sites going on about Bennett? Pls point any u can find, i'd like to visit them.
u've maintained that you dont know anything about him, and that a cowboys fan who comes here must know more about bennett than i do. all i've done is present my opinion with statistics and actual quotes from guys like JG, JJ, Witten, TC, etc...you dont know anything about bennett by ur own admission, sorry if i dont refer to u on the topic of bennett

edit-theres nothing wrong with not knwing about a player. but when u make up things or apply incorrect characteristics to a player, dont be surprised when someone like me tries to point out the flaws of that logic. ie JG, JJ, Witten, TC, JR, Bennett all saying the exact opposite of what you and the cowboys fans have said

i wrote about austin's back injury cause i am currently writing a waiver for a member to be MEB'd out of the military for sciatica, so yes! i am versed on sciatica and lumbago cause its what i deal with. and i don't remember telling you i am superior to you. and in the case that i did how is i am superior to you equal to i am superior to everyone, did i not just only point you out? :)

what i do know about him is what i saw in hard knocks and the few games he played against the giants, i did go back and watch a couple of games with game rewind i didn't watch all i started as far back as 09. and i don't like what i see. anything else ?

why would JG/JW say anything malicious about a former player?
why would TC/JR say anything malicious about a player they just acquired?
everything is to be decided on the field, work out videos, coupled of catches in preseason you blames eli for his drop pass did you not saying he should of put it in the numbers well he should secure it better see how that's a two way argument? i think you are a hopeless optimistic which is cool we love this team but when it comes to bennett who has a track record of being lazy, poor work ethic unfocused, "if you watched hard knocks then i find it funny your disputing that," he has to prove his worth on the field.

i've said i am not shying away from my crow if it is there for me to eat at the end of the year but best believe you will be the first of many servings if it is not.

Rat_bastich
09-03-2012, 08:16 AM
My question is...was that the whole interview with Garrett? That only seems to be an excerpt. Maybe he said more and panties are in a bunch for nothing.

M00KIE
09-03-2012, 08:21 AM
You guys are worse than the media with half quotes and sound bytes... His full quote-
"Martellus is complementary; I think we played to his strengths. We felt like he was a very good run-blocker and a very good pass-protector, and when he got opportunities in the passing game, he generally did a very good job with those as well," Garrett said.

Sounds like a compliment to me. Saying that someone is complementary in this way is not a negative.

zimonami
09-03-2012, 12:04 PM
You guys are worse than the media with half quotes and sound bytes... His full quote-
"Martellus is complementary; I think we played to his strengths. We felt like he was a very good run-blocker and a very good pass-protector, and when he got opportunities in the passing game, he generally did a very good job with those as well," Garrett said.

Sounds like a compliment to me. Saying that someone is complementary in this way is not a negative.
"I said"... "You said"... "I didn't say"
A thread deteriorates when this 'in' fighting breaks out.
Thanks for bringing it back around, Mook, and for using the (2) words correctly in back to back sentences, which will educate anyone who cares to read them.

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 12:10 PM
"I said"... "You said"... "I didn't say"
A thread deteriorates when this 'in' fighting breaks out.
Thanks for bringing it back around, Mook, and for using the (2) words correctly in back to back sentences, which will educate anyone who cares to read them.

Ok someone caught on. I know the title of the thread is spelled wrong, just dont know how to edit it. Glad some people on here pay attention to grammar/spelling/semantics

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 12:13 PM
And the point of this thread is to get pumped up about something Garret said (taken out of context or not), its fun and helps to build excitement for Wednesday. There is no value in arguing this statement made by JG down to the bone; you are clearly missing the point. (aka who really cares what he really meant). GO GIANTS

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 12:20 PM

did i say i was smarter than you? in any of my responses? i said i doubt you have the overall knowledge of what bennett has done over the years while he was a cowboy, did you watch every cowboys game since he came into the league, did you watch every game he played in college? or are you not just regurgitating stats from multiple sites to justify your claim? why does it always come down to who's smarter or more intelligent on a matter with you? do you feel inferior about your intellect that you are up in arms whenever it is challenged?

this is an assumption and a poor one. you have stated many of times that the cowboys drafted him to be a blocker primarily while i have argued with you that he was drafted to be a part of a two TE system that you said was let me get this one correct a "fallacy?" you love using that word.

if your going to quote me do it correctly thanks. i merely state knowledgeable cowboys fans have seen what this guy can do for 4 years they watched his combine before or after he was drafted they studied his collegiate career cause he was then a cowboy. they have more knowledge than you!!! a giants fan cause its a player of their interest, whatever he did in camp, preseason, on the field in games, off season they knew about it and critiqued accordingly. i find it personally hard to believe that you was following bennett as closely as the average cowboys fan was far less the knowledgeable fan, unless you feel there are no knowledgeable cowboy fans? i mean i know we hate the organization and most of its fans, the ignoramuses at least but not all of them are like that. i think you only started taking a close look at bennett after reese signed him and what gives me this thought is one thing you posted earlier "well i've see one of his workout videos an he looks determined." sigh*

what else is he supposed to say he will be horrible? and did i say he would be horrible? i think you need to read and comprehend that is not me saying you cant already do so i am saying take you time and read while comprehending what i am saying... " i hope he is everything you guy project him to be, i would like to see some consistency out of him that was not shown in the last 4 years." that in a nutshell sums up everything i have said to date about this guy.

so.... because we signed him, your opinions of him are spot on? what other TE's was on the market worth looking at? who did we have that we felt comfortable with on the roster at TE? when did we draft a TE and was he sure fire starter or project? jerry got a need player that was available for a position that needed filling, people were clamoring christian hopkins as the next savior at the position, that is how in shambles out TE position was with the injuries. if we had ballard or even just beckum do you really think we go out an get this guy? not every pick up is a "this guys the real deal get him," ( i think rolle was the last pick up of that nature which is why he got the contract he got) some are "he fills a need." i think bennett is a fill a need pick ( band-aid) as i like to call it.

your calling them bitter cause they are happy to let go of a player that did nothing for them?
the coach and gm of the cowboys decided to let him go... do you know more than them?
what's your point with this one? and why are you lmfao at your own statements all the time? =/

yeah i do cause not all human beings are morons regardless of who they root for. some people are respectful, objective fans, that give an honest opinion. first thing i said to my boss who's a niner's fan "you got a good deep threat wide out, he's a little inconsistent in his route running but he a threat nonetheless good pick up for you guys." that was respectful and objective to a fan of a different team, why is it so hard for you to understand that this type of behavior is not solely classified to just giants fans?

there you go with this fallacy thing again.. what is with you and this word its like you just learned it and your finding every chance to use it, trust me i do the same thing sometimes.
whats a fallacy then?
he has not done in the last 4 year what warrants the type of hype he gets by most fans on this board?
he was drafted to be an added weapon in the passing game for romo but didn't take advantage of the opportunities given to him even it was limited balls thrown his way, drops are critical and you can lose the trust of your coach and QB with them?

oh... so you know rivers to. you've been watching all the bengals games as well huh and usc before he was drafted your a busy guy man how do you find the time to do anything else you've watched bennett since college and his cowboy games cause your knowledgeable of him, same thing with rivers through college and his bengals games and you watch ever giants game. that's impressive bro.

im not even gonna bother. u distort or misunderstand things or just plain use illogical reasoning. i never once said dallas drafted him to be a blocking te. i said they had witten, which meant Bennett wasnt gonna get targets to be integral to their passing game.
u have stated u have no idea of bennett. u base ur opinion on what a cowboys fan has said. Let me just state once more, Jason Garrett, Jason Witten, Bennett, Reese...they ALL stated the direct opposite of what cowboy fans and u have been saying. u act as if bennett was some epic failure in dallas. he actually exceeded their expectations in many ways, as they asked him to be a blocker and he became the best blocking TE in the league. He also had a higher completion per attempt % than almost every other TE, including Witten. Romo and all the people I mentioned before flat our state that there simply wasnt enough balls to go around to utilize bennett in the way they had hoped, HENCE HIS COMPLEMENTARY statement on how he adjusted and did what we asked of him.
All that, coupled with his freakish size and athleticism, leads me to believe he is going to be very productive in both the run and passing game as the starting guy. He's finally gonna get the targets he's wanted, and I am positive he will perform.

You, well you based your opinion on an incorrect Cowboys fan. And bc your stance has zero merit, you turn this into a "oh now you watch every cinc. and dallas game" etc etc...i know you literally believe yourself to be superior to everyone, I will damn my soul to hell if I am lying, you legit were mocking a persons opinion, on Rivers IIRC, I interjected, then I stated that acting superior to others can rub people the wrong way, to which you replied, "Well I know for a fact I am superior to you. Good day sir." (lmao with how u used to do that good day sir spiel after acting the way u did) You have challenged whether or not I actually know about Bennett or that I combed all these phantom bennett websites. And the reason for ur ad hoc bs (well besides you didnt form ur own opinion yet sourced a cowboys fan while claiming a cowboys fan will always know more about any cowboys player), because I know more about a particular topic than u, and seeing as you must feel better than others, you cannot allow that. OK, enough of this. Its obvious we arent going to be able to communicate without u making condescending remarks, so the ignore feature should be used. Peace

zimonami
09-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Ok someone caught on. I know the title of the thread is spelled wrong, just dont know how to edit it. Glad some people on here pay attention to grammar/spelling/semantics
lol... my earlier thread pointed out that the originator of what you quoted in your topic got it wrong... not you, CS.
Just having fun... those are 2 of the most frequently misused words in our language

speedman
09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
im not going to sit here and argue with cowboys fans that have watched and hoped for this guy to live up to his potential for 4 years now; as much as all of you want to look at stats and compare this mans career and automatically say hes going to be a beast cause he's a giant, we were all calling him trash when he was a cowboys fan and the cowboys fans were using him as the catalysis to why they would win the game. the cowboys fans would have more knowledge of him and what he has done uase they have watched him, read about him everything he's done over 4 year they are the more versed on him. i honestly doubt fans would be happy of letting go any cog to their machine if that cog was necessary.all of a sudden hes this magnificent player that's going to have this break out year? that's just unrealistic if it was one year or even two ok fine, if there wasn't the hard knocks and that showing his lack of work ethic ok fine but its been 4... years!!!! COME ON MAN! i hope he turns it around but i'm not going to blindly sit here and say this guys is going to have a jimmy graham year like most of you are. Mr. Negativity. I think he is going to be better than Boss or Ballard for The Giants.

jomo
09-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Sounds like a compliment to me. Saying that someone is complementary in this way is not a negative.Well Mook, those sure were all compliments but more telling is what he said between the lines isn't it? The Princeton grad put a backhanded compliment out there, By calling him complementary he meant that MB is not a stud, not a difference maker just a guy who fill certain needs.......and does that well. While the Ivy Leaguer may be technically correct he is sending a subtle shot at our guy isn't he? Remember that during a press conference you are going to be as compimentary as possible and even there, he couldn't just say "MB was an awesome talent who unfotunately was behind Witten on our depth chart or he would have been a major factor in our offense".

BParcells777
09-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Frankly from what I've seen of Jason Garrett he was a better back up QB for us than a HC.........as a HC he's "complimentary" to the real power JJ

jomo
09-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Frankly from what I've seen of Jason Garrett he was a better back up QB for us than a HC.........as a HC he's "complimentary" to the real power JJTotally agree. That is exactly the point I made earlier in this thread. Let's just say that JG fits in nicely with the head coaching scheme in Dallas. When things are tough in the fourth quarter, he steps aside and let's Jerry Jones exhort the troop. After a bad loss he steps aside and let's Jones speak to the media about changes coming after getting crushed with the tough questions. He puts together a nice game plan until overriden by Jones, same as in the draft. Truthfully, Jason Garret does whatever is asked of him by Jerry Jones and he does it well.

How complimentary does that sound to you all?

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 01:22 PM
I would HATE to coach in Dallas with that clown-of-an-owner alll in your business

Eli TO Shockey
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Jason Garrett..the coach....is also just complimentary....has no business running a football team.he will realize this soon enough.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 01:29 PM

did i say i was smarter than you? in any of my responses? i said i doubt you have the overall knowledge of what bennett has done over the years while he was a cowboy, did you watch every cowboys game since he came into the league, did you watch every game he played in college? or are you not just regurgitating stats from multiple sites to justify your claim? why does it always come down to who's smarter or more intelligent on a matter with you? do you feel inferior about your intellect that you are up in arms whenever it is challenged?

this is an assumption and a poor one. you have stated many of times that the cowboys drafted him to be a blocker primarily while i have argued with you that he was drafted to be a part of a two TE system that you said was let me get this one correct a "fallacy?" you love using that word.

if your going to quote me do it correctly thanks. i merely state knowledgeable cowboys fans have seen what this guy can do for 4 years they watched his combine before or after he was drafted they studied his collegiate career cause he was then a cowboy. they have more knowledge than you!!! a giants fan cause its a player of their interest, whatever he did in camp, preseason, on the field in games, off season they knew about it and critiqued accordingly. i find it personally hard to believe that you was following bennett as closely as the average cowboys fan was far less the knowledgeable fan, unless you feel there are no knowledgeable cowboy fans? i mean i know we hate the organization and most of its fans, the ignoramuses at least but not all of them are like that. i think you only started taking a close look at bennett after reese signed him and what gives me this thought is one thing you posted earlier "well i've see one of his workout videos an he looks determined." sigh*

so.... because we signed him, your opinions of him are spot on? what other TE's was on the market worth looking at? who did we have that we felt comfortable with on the roster at TE? when did we draft a TE and was he sure fire starter or project? jerry got a need player that was available for a position that needed filling, people were clamoring christian hopkins as the next savior at the position, that is how in shambles out TE position was with the injuries. if we had ballard or even just beckum do you really think we go out an get this guy? not every pick up is a "this guys the real deal get him," ( i think rolle was the last pick up of that nature which is why he got the contract he got) some are "he fills a need." i think bennett is a fill a need pick ( band-aid) as i like to call it.

whats a fallacy then?

oh... so you know rivers to. you've been watching all the bengals games as well huh and usc before he was drafted your a busy guy man how do you find the time to do anything else you've watched bennett since college and his cowboy games cause your knowledgeable of him, same thing with rivers through college and his bengals games and you watch ever giants game. that's impressive bro. Look man you can't deny G420 has the knowledge about Bennet and he's been making points onto why he wasn't great in Dallas and why he could and will be a big threat here... he adds a whole new dimension to this offense does he not? Your telling me you would rather have Ballard over Bennet just cause Cowboys fans say he was a bust, doesn't mean he's going to be a bust here with the opportunity he has in front of him to be the #1, G420 is just saying if your not going to make a legit arguement then bring some facts to the table and just don't belittle his. If you disagree fine, but don't be condescending.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 01:30 PM
thank u elicruz.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 01:47 PM
i wrote about austin's back injury cause i am currently writing a waiver for a member to be MEB'd out of the military for sciatica, so yes! i am versed on sciatica and lumbago cause its what i deal with. and i don't remember telling you i am superior to you. and in the case that i did how is i am superior to you equal to i am superior to everyone, did i not just only point you out? :)

what i do know about him is what i saw in hard knocks and the few games he played against the giants, i did go back and watch a couple of games with game rewind i didn't watch all i started as far back as 09. and i don't like what i see. anything else ?

why would JG/JW say anything malicious about a former player?
why would TC/JR say anything malicious about a player they just acquired?
everything is to be decided on the field, work out videos, coupled of catches in preseason you blames eli for his drop pass did you not saying he should of put it in the numbers well he should secure it better see how that's a two way argument? i think you are a hopeless optimistic which is cool we love this team but when it comes to bennett who has a track record of being lazy, poor work ethic unfocused, "if you watched hard knocks then i find it funny your disputing that," he has to prove his worth on the field.

i've said i am not shying away from my crow if it is there for me to eat at the end of the year but best believe you will be the first of many servings if it is not.That's just false. If he was lazy then why...why was he considered the best blocking TE in the league? Just because he didn't put up the receiving #'s doesn't mean he's lazy. The coaches don't have to be malicious to say a player isn't doing their job right. You watch Hard Knocks and you opinion is set on the guy lol when the whole show is more about entertainment then football also wasn't he a rookie basically trying to find his way outta college? If you really did go back and watch those games then give some facts on why you think he is not going to be a good player here. People change man, we who think Bennet is going to have a great year see a 1 year contract, a physically gifted player and a pretty damn good QB that doesn't play favorites throwing him the ball...... and you think this guy is not going to play motivated this year?

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Coach Pope > Every Dallas Offensive Coach

Sums up how much more productive Bennett will be.

Have we forgotten HOW MANY AVG TE's WE HAVE MADE INTO ABOVE AVG TE's??? boss, pascoe, ballard..just to name a few

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 02:03 PM
If Boss and Ballard could thrive in this offense then why can't Bennet? Answer me that one Ranger Rick...oops i meant Ranger Jeff, scratch that... rainerjef (whatever that means)

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 02:15 PM
listen elicruzzz your new here and i am not calling you a new giants fan just saying; i understand where your coming from i honestly do. bennett is a new exciting player, you don't know much about him cause he hasn't shown much on tape so the only thought is to think positive about what he can do for us. and like i've said i hope he does good. but what you have to understand is the nature in which he was brought in and how he was kicked out. he was not working in dallas he was brought in to be this receiving threat i implore you to go look at his combine and go back and look at his rookie season that will give you an idea of how the cowboys wanted to use him. he failed to do that, i am not the one calling him lazy analyst that have covered the guy since coming into the league coaches have eluded to this i don't know him as a player to make this stuff up.
we had no one at TE people were raving about a PS guy called hopkins, so bringing bennett in and him making the excuse well i was behind witten here's a new chance, i can see why most fans would want this story to end on a good note. but he is not the only player to rise up from the depth charts behind a great player/players Tuck did it, cruz did it it and it didn't take them 4 years.
its not just hard knocks its the games he played like i said i went back and watched his games with rewind i am not going to goole stats for you it doesn't tell the full story you have to see it with your own eyes, he ran piss poor routes, he wasn't focused on the field, dropped passes, didn
t take advantage of his single coverages this is what i saw, he lost faith from romo cause of these things. sure he can block, cool we need that so is that all were going to use him for is blocking? if that's all then cool i agree with you guys he is going to be great in this system he can help the run game tremendously; but thats not what you guys are saying the way you talk about him its as if he is the second coming of gonkowski. that's what i am dispelling, that's my problem he hasn't shown to be that type of threat in the passing game so i don't understand the hype. he can block great but when given the opportunities he didn't take advantage.

since his rookie season he has not seen the endzone
159 yds in 2009 10.6 average i can make this sound nice for him and this is how stats are misleading he did that with 15 catches his longest on that was 21yds you know what i see from bennett in 2009 he caught the ball then easily gets wrapped up by CB/S no broken tackles for extra yards a catch and down. like i said i implore you to go watch the games just cause 420 and you agree with each other don't make him knowledgeable it just makes it easy for you to see his points that you claim he has. i doubt he has any when he said " i looked at this workout video's and he looks determined." really a work out video? that's what your going off of to justify he's going to have this break out year?

look bro just go watch the games, i wish i can let you use mines if you dont have it but nfl is strict on the zoning issue and other people using your acct. better yet go ask a guy named redeye if he has the time to cut some bennett games for you. i am not maliciously making this stuff up.

john phillips surpassed him. he was the third stringer he rose up the depth charts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4696817/cowboys-wont-say-it-but-martellus-bennett-a-bust-in-dallas

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 02:18 PM
If Boss and Ballard could thrive in this offense then why can't Bennet? Answer me that one Ranger Rick...oops i meant Ranger Jeff, scratch that... rainerjef (whatever that means)

its my first name and half of my last, cool attempt at an insult
boss and ballard didn't have work ethic problems, they were focused on being the best at their craft, bennett has not shown that while at the cowboys like i've said he will do one of two things this year have a break out year like you guys said or have a lackluster year and be a good blocker. we will see

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Coach Pope > Every Dallas Offensive Coach

Sums up how much more productive Bennett will be.

Have we forgotten HOW MANY AVG TE's WE HAVE MADE INTO ABOVE AVG TE's??? boss, pascoe, ballard..just to name a few
did you really just name pascoe? thats yet to be determined
i have never said anything about coach pope, like i said in a earlier post when people said fleener couldn't block i said pope with get him squared away by game one.
if a player has a work ethic issue, have reports of being a lazy player, slouch in his routes, more worried about outside ventures than the game and being good at his position then there really isn't much coach pope can do. he's exciting i get it you guys are gushing at the possibilities but you missing something just cause he came from a division rival does not mean he came from piss poor coaching.

According to Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones, Bennett was selected not because they needed a backup tight end, but to "add a new dimension" by being part of a two tight end offense.he had gaudy numbers in college, 105 passes for 1,246 yards and 10 touchdowns, never saw that in the nfl even his 4 year totals don't even add up to it. we will see

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Look man you can't deny G420 has the knowledge about Bennet and he's been making points onto why he wasn't great in Dallas and why he could and will be a big threat here... he adds a whole new dimension to this offense does he not? Your telling me you would rather have Ballard over Bennet just cause Cowboys fans say he was a bust, doesn't mean he's going to be a bust here with the opportunity he has in front of him to be the #1, G420 is just saying if your not going to make a legit arguement then bring some facts to the table and just don't belittle his. If you disagree fine, but don't be condescending.

i don't know how anyone can pick up condescending from what i am saying, i have provided my opinion from what i saw, he is the one that said he knows more about bennett than the cowboys fans that have watched him, JG and JJ that released him, he is this overall expert that have been following bennett since entering the league knowing one day he would be a giant. i can almost guarantee you bro he was one of the same giants fans saying bennett sucks when a cowboys fan brought him up as catalysis to why the giants would lose. on this message board everyone claims to be the knowledge expert on something this is his; i am not claiming to be the expert on anything i am going off of the games i've started watching and the hard knocks i did watch i don't know how that's condescending.

condescending -to behave as if one is conscious of descending from a superior position, rank, or dignity. if i stated i didn't know and i had to do my due diligence in knowing by taking the time to re watch old games how did i come across as what you said, as oppose to someone who claims to be all knowing since the day said player was drafted to a rival team?

jomo
09-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Some very lengthy responses in this thread. I don't have the attention span to stick with most of them. lol

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Some very lengthy responses in this thread. I don't have the attention span to stick with most of them. lol

Oh....jomo
lol your on a roll huh?

jomo
09-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh....jomo
lol your on a roll huh?Just trying to keep the locker room loose going into our opening game.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 02:59 PM
i don't know how anyone can pick up condescending from what i am saying, i have provided my opinion from what i saw, he is the one that said he knows more about bennett than the cowboys fans that have watched him, JG and JJ that released him, he is this overall expert that have been following bennett since entering the league knowing one day he would be a giant. i can almost guarantee you bro he was one of the same giants fans saying bennett sucks when a cowboys fan brought him up as catalysis to why the giants would lose. on this message board everyone claims to be the knowledge expert on something this is his; i am not claiming to be the expert on anything i am going off of the games i've started watching and the hard knocks i did watch i don't know how that's condescending.

condescending -to behave as if one is conscious of descending from a superior position, rank, or dignity. if i stated i didn't know and i had to do my due diligence in knowing by taking the time to re watch old games how did i come across as what you said, as oppose to someone who claims to be all knowing since the day said player was drafted to a rival team?
wrong again. he wasn't released, he played out his contract. JG and JJ actually wanted him back, but they said they couldn't afford to give him a new contract with the way they are heading. stopped reading ur post as soon as i saw yet another inaccurate statement

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 03:01 PM
listen elicruzzz your new here and i am not calling you a new giants fan just saying; i understand where your coming from i honestly do. bennett is a new exciting player, you don't know much about him cause he hasn't shown much on tape so the only thought is to think positive about what he can do for us. and like i've said i hope he does good. but what you have to understand is the nature in which he was brought in and how he was kicked out. he was not working in dallas he was brought in to be this receiving threat i implore you to go look at his combine and go back and look at his rookie season that will give you an idea of how the cowboys wanted to use him. he failed to do that, i am not the one calling him lazy analyst that have covered the guy since coming into the league coaches have eluded to this i don't know him as a player to make this stuff up.
we had no one at TE people were raving about a PS guy called hopkins, so bringing bennett in and him making the excuse well i was behind witten here's a new chance, i can see why most fans would want this story to end on a good note. but he is not the only player to rise up from the depth charts behind a great player/players Tuck did it, cruz did it it and it didn't take them 4 years.
its not just hard knocks its the games he played like i said i went back and watched his games with rewind i am not going to goole stats for you it doesn't tell the full story you have to see it with your own eyes, he ran piss poor routes, he wasn't focused on the field, dropped passes, didn
t take advantage of his single coverages this is what i saw, he lost faith from romo cause of these things. sure he can block, cool we need that so is that all were going to use him for is blocking? if that's all then cool i agree with you guys he is going to be great in this system he can help the run game tremendously; but thats not what you guys are saying the way you talk about him its as if he is the second coming of gonkowski. that's what i am dispelling, that's my problem he hasn't shown to be that type of threat in the passing game so i don't understand the hype. he can block great but when given the opportunities he didn't take advantage.

since his rookie season he has not seen the endzone
159 yds in 2009 10.6 average i can make this sound nice for him and this is how stats are misleading he did that with 15 catches his longest on that was 21yds you know what i see from bennett in 2009 he caught the ball then easily gets wrapped up by CB/S no broken tackles for extra yards a catch and down. like i said i implore you to go watch the games just cause 420 and you agree with each other don't make him knowledgeable it just makes it easy for you to see his points that you claim he has. i doubt he has any when he said " i looked at this workout video's and he looks determined." really a work out video? that's what your going off of to justify he's going to have this break out year?

look bro just go watch the games, i wish i can let you use mines if you dont have it but nfl is strict on the zoning issue and other people using your acct. better yet go ask a guy named redeye if he has the time to cut some bennett games for you. i am not maliciously making this stuff up.

john phillips surpassed him. he was the third stringer he rose up the depth charts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4696817/cowboys-wont-say-it-but-martellus-bennett-a-bust-in-dallasI hear where your coming from but I haven't seen anything on tape to suggest that this guy is lazy when he is pushing 300+ guys back and making lanes for running backs. Do you think he can't put up the same or better numbers then Ballard? If he does that combined with his blocking abilities that is a pretty damn good year. Not everything shows up on tape but the guy will make a difference in the running game and that is huge for us considering we were dead last in rushing last year. T.C. even said himself that Bennet is a vertical threat that means he will make a difference in the endzone and will create mismatches all over the field why would we not trust what TC and KG are saying about him ..but trust what Cowboy fans tell you it just doesn't make sense to me. I know how he was on Hard Knocks but wasn't he a rookie playing for " America Team" ? What I mean by that he was a raw talent coming out of college and not everyone burst out on the scene like Victor Cruz.You cannot deny being behind Witten wouldn't limit most people's success do you honestly think that Phillips is going to have better production playing behind Witten, no I think not cause their offense runs through Witten cause that is the way Rom plays he goes were he feels comfortable, I'm not saying Bennet is innocent in this whole thing but to suggest that he was the end all be all reason why he didn't produce in Dallas is false to me. I don't think TC has the patience for ignorance do you if the guy was tearing it up in camp or practice I trust him more then Jason Garrett to put Bennet in the best play possible to produce especially when we do not have a #1. There is no way this guy is not going to produce and produce a lot this year.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 03:04 PM

you know everything, so of course u know who i am and am not aware of. thanks for clarifying for me. here I was, thinking that when I had said throughout the years how intriguing a prospect MB is that I actually didnt meant it and actually didnt even know of him. again, just bc u r clueless on something and need cowboy fans to tell u about something doesnt mean I need to too.

and just so I understand, ur literally saying that when u went "oh, well u have watched every minute of every game of not only the cowboys, but the bengals too!" that u werent being condescending???? lmao, and again, just bc u r clueless about rivers doesnt mean i am. and if having to watch every min of every game of a player is the only way to have a legit understanding of a player, then I guess no one has a clue about any player bc its extremely difficult to watch every min of every game of the giants and im diehard so ur just whole deal is illogical

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I hear where your coming from but I haven't seen anything on tape to suggest that this guy is lazy when he is pushing 300+ guys back and making lanes for running backs. Do you think he can't put up the same or better numbers then Ballard? If he does that combined with his blocking abilities that is a pretty damn good year. Not everything shows up on tape but the guy will make a difference in the running game and that is huge for us considering we were dead last in rushing last year. T.C. even said himself that Bennet is a vertical threat that means he will make a difference in the endzone and will create mismatches all over the field why would we not trust what TC and KG are saying about him ..but trust what Cowboy fans tell you it just doesn't make sense to me. I know how he was on Hard Knocks but wasn't he a rookie playing for " America Team" ? What I mean by that he was a raw talent coming out of college and not everyone burst out on the scene like Victor Cruz.You cannot deny being behind Witten wouldn't limit most people's success do you honestly think that Phillips is going to have better production playing behind Witten, no I think not cause their offense runs through Witten cause that is the way Rom plays he goes were he feels comfortable, I'm not saying Bennet is innocent in this whole thing but to suggest that he was the end all be all reason why he didn't produce in Dallas is false to me. I don't think TC has the patience for ignorance do you if the guy was tearing it up in camp or practice I trust him more then Jason Garrett to put Bennet in the best play possible to produce especially when we do not have a #1. There is no way this guy is not going to produce and produce a lot this year.

everything u read in his post was complete bs. he was not kicked out of dallas LMFAO! and further, he is referencing A BLOG talking about Bennett being a bust...thats not stats...and now rainier goes from ADMITTING to not knowing about Bennett, to now being able to say he ran piss poor routes and was lazy? AHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA WOW...in his head, he actually believes it. its was happens when u have a super inflated ego, you start to believe your own lies...wow, i hope no one else reads rainiers posts on MB bc it will literally just make them ignorant and unaware...wow "kicked out of dallas"...every single thing rainer has said about MB has been completely contradicted by JG, JJ, Witten, Romo, JR, TC....someone let them all know they are wrong and to ask rainier what the truth about MB is

he literally is 100% incorrect on virtually everything he has stated about MB, and then he goes announcing it as some sort of fact he's unearthed through his amazing football scouting skills...lmao wow, i am literally shell shocked. this was a whole new level of wrong

BParcells777
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Its kind of weird that a HC on the bubble would even open his mouth about an ex-player but whatever.........I was listening to Sirius last night driving home from the beach....I had to listen to Mike Munchack talk for 30 minutes hoping to hear the upcoming advertized appearance of Joe Namath

Munchack gave me such a headache.......the guy talks at a million miles an hour and only stops to take these huge breaths......it was an absurd 300 million pladitudes and jock slogans.... it was bewildering- Who picked this guy to be the HC of the Titans? Whoever interviewed him would never have been able to get a question in edgewise. you had to hear it to believe it. It was like a HC Rap music interview

It gave me a wonderful appreciation for Tom Coughlin and Bill Bellicheck's one word answers..........maybe thats the key to making the SB- HC's who tell you NOTHING

rainierjef
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
I hear where your coming from but I haven't seen anything on tape to suggest that this guy is lazy when he is pushing 300+ guys back and making lanes for running backs. Do you think he can't put up the same or better numbers then Ballard? If he does that combined with his blocking abilities that is a pretty damn good year. Not everything shows up on tape but the guy will make a difference in the running game and that is huge for us considering we were dead last in rushing last year. T.C. even said himself that Bennet is a vertical threat that means he will make a difference in the endzone and will create mismatches all over the field why would we not trust what TC and KG are saying about him ..but trust what Cowboy fans tell you it just doesn't make sense to me. I know how he was on Hard Knocks but wasn't he a rookie playing for " America Team" ? What I mean by that he was a raw talent coming out of college and not everyone burst out on the scene like Victor Cruz.You cannot deny being behind Witten wouldn't limit most people's success do you honestly think that Phillips is going to have better production playing behind Witten, no I think not cause their offense runs through Witten cause that is the way Rom plays he goes were he feels comfortable, I'm not saying Bennet is innocent in this whole thing but to suggest that he was the end all be all reason why he didn't produce in Dallas is false to me. I don't think TC has the patience for ignorance do you if the guy was tearing it up in camp or practice I trust him more then Jason Garrett to put Bennet in the best play possible to produce especially when we do not have a #1. There is no way this guy is not going to produce and produce a lot this year.

i hope, and we will see. i want to be wrong cause then our weakest position would be a strength i just dont have the visual evidence to be so optimistic.

Hooligans
09-04-2012, 05:56 AM

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/02/dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett-feels-giants-te-martellus-bennett-is-complimentary-player/

The Cowboys drafted Bennett with great hopes, but up to this point he has been a disappointment. That is why the Giants only signed him to a one-year so-so contract. He has the physical ability, but has never put it all together. Let's hope Mike Pope can get the best out of him. We will see Adrien Robinson later in the season, however Bennett does.

gumby74
09-04-2012, 08:40 AM
I remember when we first signed Chris Canty. A Cowboys fan on here said we over paid for him and he wasn't awesome or anything. The message board got into a frenzy and called the Cowboys fan jealous and ridiculous etc. It so happens that he was right - the first year anyway. It's still hard to justify Canty's enormous salary. Now, same deal. I'd imagine Garrett knows more about his players than we do. Not to say, he isn't being sour grapes, isn't talking smack, or that Bennett doesn't have the talent, but still.

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Its kind of weird that a HC on the bubble would even open his mouth about an ex-player but whatever.........I was listening to Sirius last night driving home from the beach....I had to listen to Mike Munchack talk for 30 minutes hoping to hear the upcoming advertized appearance of Joe Namath

Munchack gave me such a headache.......the guy talks at a million miles an hour and only stops to take these huge breaths......it was an absurd 300 million pladitudes and jock slogans.... it was bewildering- Who picked this guy to be the HC of the Titans? Whoever interviewed him would never have been able to get a question in edgewise. you had to hear it to believe it. It was like a HC Rap music interview

It gave me a wonderful appreciation for Tom Coughlin and Bill Bellicheck's one word answers..........maybe thats the key to making the SB- HC's who tell you NOTHING

It's kind of weird none of you read the rest of the quote.

You guys get mad at nothing and get caught up in twisted headlines way too easily.

GameTime
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM

You guys get mad at nothing and get caught up in twisted headlines way too easily.
so do 95% of fans every where. Even in Dallas.......:rolleyes:

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 11:49 AM
so do 95% of fans every where. Even in Dallas.......:rolleyes:

Exactly. It's why ESPN has ratings.

burier
09-04-2012, 11:51 AM
wasnt garret the one pushing to draft MB along with JJ? So complimentary TE's are 2nd rd picks now? I call BS on Garrett. He'll say anything to feel hopeful MB wont woop Dallas week 1

He didn't think he was drafting a complimentary player but thats what MB ended being in Dallas which is why he's not in Dallas any longer. What Garrett was actually saying what "we missed on that pick."

There's no doubt that he wasn't generating 2nd round production.

zimonami
09-04-2012, 12:01 PM
He didn't think he was drafting a complimentary player but thats what MB ended being in Dallas which is why he's not in Dallas any longer. What Garrett was actually saying what "we missed on that pick."

There's no doubt that he wasn't generating 2nd round production.
I guess we'll know if he's more than a complementary player at the end of this season.
Patience, grasshopper

jomo
09-04-2012, 12:05 PM

You guys get mad at nothing and get caught up in twisted headlines way too easily.I actually did read it all and what I read was something of a backhanded compliment. His words were probably literally true but when commenting on another player, especially one you let get away most coaches would be more generous in their praise (to the point of overstating it ). Maybe he could have said: "He was terrific in all aspects of the game but he's behind a likely hall of fame tight end on our depth chart. In a salary cap driven world, we just couldn't keep both." What he said instead was that MB really wasn't a complete tight end in their eyes which comes across as criticising another player. I would call it faint praise from your HC. If he were a blockhead like Rex Ryan, I would overlook it but the guy's got an Ivy League education. He understands the meaning of words and the importance of what you say versus don't say.

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I guess we'll know if he's more than a complementary player at the end of this season.
Patience, grasshopper

The reward outweighs the risk with his contract. In the Giants scheme, however, I don't see him being an all star TE, or much more effective than Ballard. But still, that does not mean it's a bad pick up.

burier
09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Patience, grasshopper

I actually think he'll be fine here. I mean if we can get production out of Jake Ballard then we should be able to get production out of anyone at TE.

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I actually did read it all and what I read was something of a backhanded compliment. His words were probably literally true but when commenting on another player, especially one you let get away most coaches would be more generous in their praise (to the point of overstating it ). Maybe he could have said: "He was terrific in all aspects of the game but he's behind a likely hall of fame tight end on our depth chart. In a salary cap driven world, we just couldn't keep both." What he said instead was that MB really wasn't a complete tight end in their eyes which comes across as criticising another player. I would call it faint praise from your HC. If he were a blockhead like Rex Ryan, I would overlook it but the guy's got an Ivy League education. He understands the meaning of words and the importance of what you say versus don't say.

See I didn't get that at all. In fact I think Garrett praised him more than he should have. I mean, yeah it seems to be sort of a backhanded compliment (I was unable to find the word 'complimentary', and certainly didn't see him ever say 'Only'.)

He went on to say :

"...Martellus’ role for us was to be a run-blocker. He did that very well. And a pass protector. He did that very well. And when he had opportunities to catch the ball, for the most part he did a pretty good job.”

"“The business of the NFL is, you can’t keep everybody when their contracts run out,” Garrett said. “So we feel good about what Martellus did here. He’s going to go up to New York and do a nice job for them. He’s going to play a long time in this league.”

So if those last two sentences were isolated, would this even make news?

jomo
09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
See I didn't get that at all. In fact I think Garrett praised him more than he should have. I mean, yeah it seems to be sort of a backhanded compliment (I was unable to find the word 'complimentary', and certainly didn't see him ever say 'Only'.)

He went on to say :

"...Martellus’ role for us was to be a run-blocker. He did that very well. And a pass protector. He did that very well. And when he had opportunities to catch the ball, for the most part he did a pretty good job.”

So if those last two sentences were isolated, would this even make news?I totally get where you are coming from and can't argue with its truth from the Cowboy side. It is exactly how it went down. On this side however, some people, starting with the press are going to try and take some minor offense at his words. Most head coaches stay clear of that.

Time to start talking about the game!!

Eliscruzzz
09-04-2012, 01:41 PM
The Cowboys drafted Bennett with great hopes, but up to this point he has been a disappointment. That is why the Giants only signed him to a one-year so-so contract. He has the physical ability, but has never put it all together. Let's hope Mike Pope can get the best out of him. We will see Adrien Robinson later in the season, however Bennett does. I don't know about seeing Adrien Robinson later this season the kid is raw he's going to time plus Pascoe is listed as the number twoonly way we see him is if MB or Bear royally screw up. Don't forget he could be on a one year contract too because we have a ton of other players we have to resign coming up even if Bennet lights it up this year I don't think we give him a contract extension.

CowboysSuck
09-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted but apparently,

BSPN's Stephen a. Smith, Skip Bayless Unload on New York Giants TE Martellus Bennett

http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/04/espns-stephen-a-smith-skip-bayless-unload-on-new-york-giants-te-martellus-bennett

FBomb
09-04-2012, 03:23 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!

And **** the Cowboys!