PDA

View Full Version : Greetings(Dal vs NY)

tabascocat
09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, longtime Cowboy fan here. I have occasionally read yall's forums during our match-up week for my entertainment :)
I want to say "good luck" on wed nite and I hope we both escape w/o any severe injuries. I am not one of those obnoxious fans who think they know it all, I am able to to find the negatives and positives and come to realistic conclusions about a particular game.

I am also a NY Mets fan, so I am not anti-New York, love the city really. I am from Houston and recently, me and the wife moved to the SF area.

Now, on to the game: I expect a hard fought dogfight like most of our games that should come down to the final minutes. We do not know what we have in Claiborne yet, he is getting thrown into shark infested waters for his first game. Carr, I think he will be solid and I am hoping Jenkins can play to help out our secondary, they are going to need it. I am mostly concerned with our front defensive 7 more than our offensive line for this game. Ratliff and Spencer are banged up and we really only have Lee playing at LB. We did lose Brookings finally and I pray we have a better replacement, still don't know.

Dez and Miles will play, but I would not place a bet on Austin actually finishing the game. His hammy will undoubtedly get re-injured soon. I want Nicks to play (on my FF team) and not get hurt more than he is. I am still on the fence if we win this one or not, things will have to go our way in order to do so. We have to keep penalties down, non-critical turnovers, and decent O-line protection for both the pass and the run. Maybe we get yas on an over-emotional night and catch them off-guard and escape with a win.

This game will definitely set the tone right off the bat, it is a shame we have to play week 1, but it is what it is. Cheers to getting past this game still intact and moving on to bigger things: embarrassing the Philthy EGals !

miked1958
09-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Greetings. Glad to have you on these forums. Agree that it will be a good game as always. Our Secondary is banged up so you could hit for some long ones if you can keep our DLine off romo. All 3 of our key Rushers have injuries and none have practiced or played much. JPP missed last two preseason games and Osi and tuck missed the last one. Tuck with shoulder, JPP back and Osi with hammy I think. Nicks says he is playing but foot still,bothering him so who knows how effective he would be. You guys have your share of banged up guys as well so it evens out. All and all I expect a hard fought back and forth game decided late by a FG.

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Demarco Murray looks like the real deal ... i hope he doesn't slow down our pass rush ... yeah, Nicks is in pain and normally i would be worried, but he's really been a fast healer, so i just feel he will make it through and get better in the weeks ahead ... he'll have 10 days off after this one

we are concerned about your secondary upgrades ... we've had some fun in recent years, but as great as Eli is ... he still occasionally likes to share the ball with the other team

our o-line is not in great shape right now ... Beatty's back, Diehl changing positions again Locklear, a recent Skins castoff starting at the all important LT, Boothe going from good depth guy to starting LG ... Baas was disappointing last year and i havent realy seen signs that he is going to be much improved this year

ah but we have this stud TE ;) ... watch out !

now our new guys, well we are excited about them Wilson is bad fast and breaks tackles, Hosley can ball and Randle is a nice big target

good luck and remember when one window closes another window opens :)

miked1958
09-03-2012, 09:51 AM
OLine is a MAJOR Concern. Eli can't get the ball to all those weapons he has if guys our in his face as soon as he touches the ball

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 12:47 PM
welcome to the boards and gl wed...sorta lol

Moke
09-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the board guy! Enjoy your stay and we shall see who will prevail this Wednesday. Go Giants!

GameTime
09-03-2012, 01:31 PM
should be a good close game. If its not then one of the teams is messing up real bad......

ashleymarie
09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Welcome. :popcorn: Share our popcorn?

ProfessorCrue
09-03-2012, 07:08 PM
ok i know some of yall dont like me but i aint trying to be labled as a "troll" or such. i am actually excited cause i think its gonna be a great game. in my opinion, who ever wins at the line is gonna win the game. not eli vs romo. and no, i dont wanna see anyone get injured. just a great game. hoping Dallas wins lol.....gl

eliland
09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
You could start by stopping with "y'all". Its hillbilly and silly. If you are trying to say "you all", that too is wrong, as it's redundant.

I thought it was just dirty south slang.. but I even see "y'all" typed in newspapers in the rebel states.

tabascocat
09-04-2012, 08:55 PM
You could start by stopping with "y'all". Its hillbilly and silly. If you are trying to say "you all", that too is wrong, as it's redundant.

I thought it was just dirty south slang.. but I even see "y'all" typed in newspapers in the rebel states.

Sorry if a word in our vocabulary upsets you, it is something we all learn early on. I will try my best to keep it to a minimum, as well as using correct grammar and proper punctuation for your reading pleasure.

Carry on Ya'll :)

ashleymarie
09-04-2012, 09:06 PM

I would gladly accept slang, and it's southern culture. over an insult from and ignorant *******.

oahucowboy94
09-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Your right. We should say yous guys like NYers. At least Y'all is a conjugation of two words? Haha. Only messin

appodictic
09-05-2012, 12:58 AM
Well one thing is for sure. Last year Ware's pass rush was borderline instantanious, but Elis quick throws to WR's were even faster. Dallas has two new cornerbacks, and if they can tighten up the coverage on our WR's that could be an issue for us.

I think the big issue for Dallas is going to be rocketgate part 2. I mean I am sure Dallas will change up audible s but bennet can give us a good deal of insight into the offence of Dallas.

As for Murray he is defiantly a good RB, but I really think the giants D is going to be fierce this year. It could be a tight low scoring game unlike the last few debacles with blown coverages and wild scoring.

Ntegrase96
09-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Well one thing is for sure. Last year Ware's pass rush was borderline instantanious, but Elis quick throws to WR's were even faster. Dallas has two new cornerbacks, and if they can tighten up the coverage on our WR's that could be an issue for us.

I think the big issue for Dallas is going to be rocketgate part 2. I mean I am sure Dallas will change up audible s but bennet can give us a good deal of insight into the offence of Dallas.

As for Murray he is defiantly a good RB, but I really think the giants D is going to be fierce this year. It could be a tight low scoring game unlike the last few debacles with blown coverages and wild scoring.

I don't know how similar the Dallas offense is going to be to last year-- to my knowledge, Callahan is putting together the game plans while Garrett will be actually calling the plays on game day. And I think all the divisional rivals are already well acquainted. I don't think Bennett gives that much insight that because of these two things. At least no more than the Giants already know.

scoopscj
09-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Both teams are flawed and banged up. I can see a blow out by either team or a close game. I really have no feel for this one at all. I know we can't run the ball at all and have difficulty stopping the run which is a bad thing. I'm heading to the game after work. Hope the rain holds off.

miked1958
09-05-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't know how similar the Dallas offense is going to be to last year-- to my knowledge, Callahan is putting together the game plans while Garrett will be actually calling the plays on game day. And I think all the divisional rivals are already well acquainted. I don't think Bennett gives that much insight that because of these two things. At least no more than the Giants already know.Ntegrase96.. glad to see you on here. Besides the few newbies in this thread there hasnt been to many Dallas fans on here. Surprising seeing its the opening game vs a Divisional opponent. I think the game lies on the Line of Scrimmage. We both have major issues with our OLines. IF we cant protect our qb or everytime he touches the ball someone is in his face it will be a long day for Nicks, Cruz, Austin, Dez and the rest. Be a game of checkdowns and running plays..

miked1958
09-05-2012, 09:24 PM
No cowboy fans in here

Manster54
09-06-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but mostly I read the threads and don't respond very often. I have a lot of respect for Eli and the Giants. They've won two rings in the past 5 years while the 'Boys have sputtered for a decade and a half.

You could tell both teams were rusty to start. What I took from the game was: 1) the Cowboys secondary apears much improved, but Cruz dropping passes might have made them look a lot better than they were. 2) Romo actually came through when we needed him to, but the Giants dropped a ball that should have been a second pick. 3) The NYG OL is worse than I thought, but ours is a bit better than last year 4) you guys better get some people healthy in the secondary or you're gonna get torched. 5) We better stop committing stupid penalties. Overall a good NFCE game, but if we had lost I would have said it was horrible.

Good luck, honored enemies.

sharick88
09-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Props to Dallas for kicking the giants' *** tonight. They were clearly the better team and kept our defense on the field virtually all night

tabascocat
09-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Not here to gloat but to say a tough, tough game, especially on my heart. Looking forward to our next meeting, but in the meantime, lets kick some Philthy ar%$^!

miked1958
09-06-2012, 02:38 AM
Not here to gloat but to say a tough, tough game, especially on my heart. Looking forward to our next meeting, but in the meantime, lets kick some Philthy ar%$^!Congrats...Good win for cowboys. Romo looked good when his line blocked for him. Olgoltree killed us on the Slants. Our 2 big fears going into the game killed us. OLine and Secondary...

However cant put to much into one game... SBs are not won in Sept.

tabascocat
09-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Congrats...Good win for cowboys. Romo looked good when his line blocked for him. Olgoltree killed us on the Slants. Our 2 big fears going into the game killed us. OLine and Secondary...

However cant put to much into one game... SBs are not won in Sept.

No, they are not. We both have O-line issues to deal with ATM and some injuries to heal.