PDA

View Full Version : An idea that IS crazy but work with me here

Generation Eli
09-02-2012, 08:35 PM
The Giants Tackle position IMO is horrible. This is a debate I wont get into as very few can convince me otherwise.

Now, lets say my opinion about the tackle positions are true, how would you feel if an absolute stud OT came to you in the way of a top 5 pick next year? Basically what that would mean is; the Giants would need to have a horrible record or they would have to trade up (from 32 :) ) to get that pick.

I am a firm believer that OL can be developed into, at least, serviceable players. However, this team hasn't had a pro bowl tackle in years (Diehl making the pro bowl not withstanding).

How would you feel if the Giants found themselves with a top 5 pick and would you sacrifice a season to get such pick

or

Would you trade your first and second (and next years first and 3rd) to get such a pick? (basically mortgaging your immediate future)

Which would you chose? Keep in mind this is and either or scenario so these are your only options. Just looking to see what would some of the members here pick. This is just a what if scenario. Would make for an interesting debate.

Disclaimer: I do not want to see the Giants tank in anyway so this isn't a "I hope the giants tank this year" thread. Just a debate on what some of ya'll may be willing to do in this scenario. Of course if the Giants find themselves with ELI out for the season due to the DE beating our LT, I might be inclined to change my mind. After all, this is starting to become a pass rushers league (as far as defense is concerned).

Jppallday
09-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I would take a different option and let everything play put and try to win a championship and then let my scouts find the best players available for the draft picks we have. It's been working

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 08:54 PM
well we are stacked everywhere except for OL imho. Also, not having draft picks that we traded to get a stud LT lets say, would mean not having to spend cap room on additional players.
I firmly believe we are loaded everywhere besides OL i really do. corner, lb, dl, S, WR, RB, QB obviously...if we had an OL that could give eli the kinda time brady used to get, i cant see how anyone could stop us i really dont

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 08:56 PM
but i'd rather just stay put at 32 next draft and spend the first 3 round on OL, I really would. Then I would spend the later rounds on best available project, and develop them behind the starters at other positions

Generation Eli
09-02-2012, 08:57 PM
as far as the OL is concerned, the Giants havent. Aside from Snee, everyone else has been serviceable at best with exception to Ohara (who was good to really goot for a period of time). The Giants havent had a good LT in what seems like generations. In the way this game is evolving, LT become that much more important. And since LT was (arguable) the most important position on the OL already, it makes it that much more important. Serviceable wont cut it anymore. JMO

But the debate here is to see which would you chose based on just those options.

We all know of the many options available to us. But I want to create a debate based on just those options. It will give us an idea of what fans would lean towards in a scenario like this one.

derekunion28
09-02-2012, 09:01 PM
next man up why we have backs and tight ends chiping cant get beat by one person over and over unless the OC is blind or more than one OLine man is geting beat and not enough help eith back and TEs... than its not just LT that your worrying about

Generation Eli
09-02-2012, 09:02 PM
we could always get an OL at 32 who would be pretty good in his own right (Alabama product) but a stud would make this OL tremendously better.

Just based on the two options, both are really really difficult to chose from. No one wants to see this team have that bad a season and no one wants to see this team mortgage the immediate future either. This should make for an interesting debate. As long as people are willing to chime in.

Generation Eli
09-02-2012, 09:04 PM
next man up why we have backs and tight ends chiping cant get beat by one person over and over unless the OC is blind or more than one OLine man is geting beat and not enough help eith back and TEs... than its not just LT that your worrying about

The concern here is both RT and LT are issues that could hinder this team. Having a RB chip every play (or stay in for a lot fo the plays) limits your play calling.

Same goes for having your TE stay in to block. When players dont need help, skill positions have a chance to be a part of a play that could net points. Opening the playbook for so many other things. That possibility makes me droool!