PDA

View Full Version : Which emotion...

BetterthenU
12-13-2011, 08:55 PM
After this weeks amazing victory. It got me to thinking. Which feeling do you think lasts longer...the great feeling we all have this week, or that lousy feeling you get after lets say...the Eagles loss last year. Super Bowl would be a separate category because thats on a different level.
I think that the sick feeling after a devastating loss lasts just a little bit longer. Thoughts?

daynemustgo
12-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I am still po'd that Jay Feely missed three FGA's in Seattle a few years back..if that answers your question.

krygny
12-13-2011, 09:07 PM
A bad loss stays with me longer than a gratifying victory.

I was sick after that Eagles loss last year. I knew, at the time, that it ruined our season irreparably and unrecoverably. It gave the media Vick-gasms and allowed them to extol the accolades of the most over-rated athlete in the history of professional sports.

Worse, was the loss to the 49ers in '03. I didn't sleep for three days.

I can't even imagine how Pats fans must feel.

miked1958
12-13-2011, 10:28 PM

I was sick after that Eagles loss last year. I knew, at the time, that it ruined our season irreparably and unrecoverably. It gave the media Vick-gasms and allowed them to extol the accolades of the most over-rated athlete in the history of professional sports.

All those losses u mentioned still sting to some degree now..but also by the same token we still live by some of the great wins

Weygand
12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Sweet

SweetZombieJesus
12-14-2011, 09:46 AM

That 2000 SB loss to the Ravens stuck in my gut until Eli took the knee in XLII.

The 2008 Eagles playoff loss will make me sick for years to come.

Hell I'm still pissed about Flipper Anderson.

Losses stick in the gut; you always wonder what could have been and the wasted opportunity.

BetterthenU
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Flipper Anderson still gets to me too. I just think losses sting longer.

MattMeyerBud
12-14-2011, 05:32 PM
I am still po'd that Jay Feely missed three FGA's in Seattle a few years back..if that answers your question.

LOL

JMGGIANTS
12-14-2011, 05:40 PM

That 2000 SB loss to the Ravens stuck in my gut until Eli took the knee in XLII.

The 2008 Eagles playoff loss will make me sick for years to come.

Hell I'm still pissed about Flipper Anderson.

Losses stick in the gut; you always wonder what could have been and the wasted opportunity.

I am still pissed off that McNabb never got paid back for picking up our telephone on our sideline. Maybe I watch too much hockey.

Out of Exile
12-14-2011, 05:41 PM
The Kiwi-Young play comes to mind...

Weygand
12-14-2011, 05:46 PM
I am still pissed off that McNabb never got paid back for picking up our telephone on our sideline.

Yes, the score for that, admittedly hilarious, jibe has yet to be settled.

chasjay
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
After this weeks amazing victory. It got me to thinking. Which feeling do you think lasts longer...the great feeling we all have this week, or that lousy feeling you get after lets say...the Eagles loss last year. Super Bowl would be a separate category because thats on a different level.
I think that the sick feeling after a devastating loss lasts just a little bit longer. Thoughts?

I think the losses last longer because your mind plays the "what if" game over and over like a DVR. You don't have that with a win.

GIANTSACK
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Flipper Anderson still gets to me too. I just think losses sting longer.

I was really young but yes. That one hurts alot BC I remember he kept running after the td.