PDA

View Full Version : Locklear will be the starting left tackle against Dallas instead of Beatty..

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 10:20 PM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2264353532/image_normal.jpg Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo) Sean Locklear will be Giants' starting left tackle against Dallas Cowboys in season opener: Takes place instead ...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/sean_locklear_will_be_giants_s.html?utm_source=twi tterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg

(http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/sean_locklear_will_be_giants_s.html?utm_source=twi tterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg)Locklear will be protect Eli Manning’s blind side on Wednesday night instead of projected starter Will Beatty,

according to someone informed of the team’s plans for this week’s game.

The person, who requested anonymity because personnel decisions aren’t supposed to be discussed publicly, said

Beatty is expected to dress but will serve as a backup and perhaps a tight end in certain formations, as the team

attempts to advance his recovery from a nagging back issue.
(http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/sean_locklear_will_be_giants_s.html?utm_source=twi tterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_term=%23nyg)

giantyankee1976
09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
...well, here we go

jomo
09-02-2012, 10:31 PM
...well, here we goIn limited time, he has looked as good or better than Beatty. couple that with the fact that Beatty is out of shape now and still nursing a bad back and you've got a pretty easy call for the coaches.

ImElectric2
09-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Wish the cowboys didnt know until wednesday night at 8:15. Thanks, person who requested anonymity...

G4L
09-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Locklear played 8 seasons with the Seahawks then played last for the Skins. Anyone know if he started for Washington last year? Wondering if he played against dallas last season. I guess it would have been at RT if he did.

penguinfarmer
09-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't think Beatty or Locklear changes their defensive gameplan at all/

penguinfarmer
09-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Locklear played 8 seasons with the Seahawks then played last for the Skins. Anyone know if he started for Washington last year? Wondering if he played against dallas last season. I guess it would have been at RT if he did.

He started 4 games last season. He looked pretty bad. Hopefully this year is better.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 11:02 PM
started 4 games last season at RT. dunno if it was vs Dallas. He has experience at LT tho still. Also, he is an upgrade from DD so its alright for a week. Week 2 we will have Prince and Beatty back starting, with Austin contributing as depth. Hoseley will go at least Wed. and apparently Boley will too. And Beatty will still get some work in vs Dallas, prob be brought in to help block Ware

Harooni
09-02-2012, 11:02 PM
He looks better to me. good stuff

GiantFanatic55
09-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I have no problem with this. No need to rush Beatty back and risk further injury, there's a whole season to be played

Our second game is 14 days from now. Beatty should be just fine to be a full go by then, as should Prince and Austin

slipknottin
09-02-2012, 11:20 PM
He is a massive massive improvement over Diehl.

Unfortunately, Diehl is also starting

Buddy333
09-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Why would anyone be surprised? When was the last time Beatty played or practiced. They say he is making progress. I never heard he is read to go full. Even if he said he was good to go you would have to worry about his conditioning.

RagTime Blue
09-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't think Beatty or Locklear changes their defensive gameplan at all/

It would seem that way, but I wonder if Beatty were playing LT, would Locklear or Diehl be playing RT? Now THAT might change how Dallas tries to get to Eli.

titwio
09-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Locklear's gonna LOCK them up!

Too corny?

Toadofsteel
09-03-2012, 01:17 AM
It would seem that way, but I wonder if Beatty were playing LT, would Locklear or Diehl be playing RT? Now THAT might change how Dallas tries to get to Eli.

I'm getting the idea that since Locklear has been getting the starting LT reps for most of the preseason, he's best to start week 1 in that position. If Beatty is healthy, however, he will see some snaps in that position as well. We may even try some 6 OL formations. If Beatty and/or Locklear can even partially neutralize Demarcus Ware, the Dallas defense suddenly becomes a lot less scary.

Buddy333
09-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Let's just hope Eli gets rid if the ball quickly. I don't expect there to be much of a running game for the Giants. Probably won't see much of Wilson. I'd expect to see a lot of Bradshaw because of his blocking. That's also why I don't see the huge game by Bennett that most are calling for.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 01:34 AM
what does that have to do with it tho. first, if bradshaws a go for most the game bc of his blocking, why would that limit what Bennett could do? If Wilson was playing the majority, i'd understand ur point as MB would need to stay in and block much more.
Then theres also the point that Dallas is gonna HAVE TO double either nicks, cruz or both. That right there means theres gonna be a lot of empty real estate with 1v1 coverage for MB...I'm expecting a huge game.

I'm calling it that bennett has a play of 30 yds or more. TC and co. have been saying how Bennett is this great vertical threat. Well we didnt see any plays exploiting that in the preseason, which leads me to believe we didn't want to expose it when the games mean nothing and everyones playing vanilla football. Eli's gonna wait for the right coverage, he may even save it for later in the game if a score is needed to win or something. And then when Eli sees that MB is gonna have Carter or Lee on him 1v1 with the safeties showing some zone look that exposes a seam, and he'll yell a cadence like "omaha omaha", heck I'll even predict the cadence for the play we hit MB vertically. It'll be either "Salad Salad" or "East gogo" lol

Captain Chaos
09-03-2012, 07:50 AM
He is going to need some help over there!

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Wish the cowboys didnt know until wednesday night at 8:15. Thanks, person who requested anonymity...

Locklear is a veteran who ranked # 11 in pass protection last season. He has gotten rave reviews from both Gilbride and Coughlin. We are fortunate he has played both tackle positions.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 08:28 AM
He is going to need some help over there!

It has already been reported Beatty may see some limited action at TE to ease him into the game.

Redeyejedi
09-03-2012, 08:44 AM
He hasnt practiced . All I can say is we better hope no one gets hurt on this line. We are 1 line injury away from serious problems

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 09:34 AM
He hasnt practiced . All I can say is we better hope no one gets hurt on this line. We are 1 line injury away from serious problems

Who hasn't practiced?

Buddy333
09-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I think he wasn't talking about Beatty.

ImElectric2
09-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't think Beatty or Locklear changes their defensive gameplan at all/Though I don't necessarily disagree, you still don't want to tip your hand to anything that they don't know for sure. The giants clearly didn't want the information to be public knowledge otherwise the dude wouldn't have asked to be anonymousl. It's like belichick always having Brady on the injury report. Love it or hate it, its gamesmanship. Even if it effects how ware was gonna approach his game in the slightest I think its worth holding back til game time.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 12:08 PM
i agree. howd u come up with ur screen name imelectric?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-03-2012, 03:38 PM

Man you aren't lying..... this is scary......

DownWitJPP
09-03-2012, 04:18 PM
our whole O-Line needs a revamp... Beatty always hurt and too finesse, Boothe is a good player but I think we could do better. Baas sucks IMO, at least from what he showed all of last year, he looks like the biggest baddest SOB on the field but plays soft. Snee is good but also didn't have a good year last year. Diehl looks like hes getting up there in age and starting to break down. James Brewer always hurt like his friend Beatty. Cordle? Mehhh Petrus, I liked what he did last year when they called on him, but looked horrible all pre-season..what happened to this kid? McCants also looked like garbage in the pre-season, 2nd and 3rd string DE's were blowing right past him like he wasn't even there. Mosley who actually looked decent they put on IR for an unknown injury?

when the draft comes up we need to move up and get a big mauling LT...lets face it Beatty is not the answer and Locklear is like 32.

ImElectric2
09-03-2012, 04:49 PM
i agree. howd u come up with ur screen name imelectric?I was really big into the band Oasis in high school and they have a song called "She's Electric" in which a lyric is "she is electric, can I be electric too?"So I liked the idea of getting to be electric, too so I made it be lol. I'd ask about your name, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that. I like the idea of making that happen, too, come to think of it...