PDA

View Full Version : Hixon as #3??!!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 03:21 PM
This kid needs to be out there the majority of the game..... he has serious skills.

He needs to be THE #3 WR by mid season.

Mod_C
09-02-2012, 03:29 PM
This kid needs to be out there the majority of the game..... he has serious skills.

No need to worry about that, this organization develops it's players, especially their draft picks. He will get his opportunities.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 03:30 PM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2282085237/n7oz192woc185wk1s5yr_normal.jpeg Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo (https://twitter.com/jorgeccastillo) Gilbride said Domenik Hixon is his 3rd WR. #nyg (https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23nyg&src=hash)
Retweeted by Mike Garafolo (https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo)

There's the proof

dave56dj
09-02-2012, 03:30 PM
According to beat writer jorge castillo Gilbride calls Hixon third wideout.

https://twitter.com/jorgeccastillo

dave56dj
09-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks - tried to report this earlier but have never used links here - i just posted it in a new thread too.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 03:32 PM
No need to worry about that, this organization develops it's players, especially their draft picks. He will get his opportunities.

Yea, I just hope it's not too few of them.

Especially Randle being he's VERY NFL ready.

Ballllinnnnnnn
09-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Weather other posters think its right or not I've been saying hixon was an absolute lock for #3 barring injury. Guy is very good.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks - tried to report this earlier but have never used links here - i just posted it in a new thread too.

All good man, I wasn't trying to steal your news or anything lol, just supplying a link since yours was closed.

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I really don't want Hixon to be the #3 to me all he is is speed to me Barden and Randle bring more to the game while Hixon may know the play book better Randle and Barden are better threats I just think teams are going to have an easy time covering him. this news kinda of sucks.

penguinfarmer
09-02-2012, 03:38 PM
If Randle is not thrown onto the field before his ready, I'll take that as a good sign as any of the other three guys vying for the open position have stepped up.

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 03:41 PM

He needs to be THE #3 WR by mid season.Me too I'm really pissed that Hixon got the #3....... I think we should start Barden over him.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 03:41 PM

He may not be as ready/reliable at this point in time as Hixon who runs great routes, has good hands, and, according to Eli, can get separation down field. We need to trust the coaching staff.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Me too I'm really pissed that Hixon got the #3....... I think we should start Barden over him.

Based on what? Two preseason games production?

Giants5699
09-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I think they will all get a good amount of playing time... with the exception of Jernigan

penguinfarmer
09-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Based on what? Two preseason games production?

... and the forum height fetish.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 03:45 PM
... and the forum height fetish.

Ah, forgot that one: Height = Hero

RoanokeFan
I think they will all get a good amount of playing time... with the exception of Jernigan

If the offense is productive, that's a fact

Ballllinnnnnnn
Where's YAtittle to tell everyone I told ya so

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Where's YAtittle to tell everyone I told ya so

That's not his style

Ballllinnnnnnn
09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
That's not his styleProbably better off. Either way best of luck to hixon, I'm rooting for him and hope he catches on in a big way this year.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I love Hixon and I think he's a VERY underrated WR. I just really like Randle. He's special... I see a carbon copy of Nicks.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't know why this is such a surprise. Hixon has been taking all the Nick's snaps while Nicks has been healing. They don't do that for kicks and giggles. They need Eli to "know" where the # 1 WR is going to be and Hixon gave them that in practice.

This doesn't detract from Randle or anyone else.

Ballllinnnnnnn
09-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I love Hixon and I think he's a VERY underrated WR. I just really like Randle. He's special... I see a carbon copy of Nicks.He needs a year (randle) before he starts contributing the way nicks does imo.

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Someone refresh me; When Nicks was a rookie who were our recievers and what spot did he start the year as?

If i remember correctly Buress was gone and Toomer retired? Mario was here... idk i forget??

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Based on what? Two preseason games production? That's just mo Hixon wasn't exactly lighting it up either to me Barden and Randle are more then capable of being the #3 plus Hixon gets hurt a lot and if he gets hurt this year then what..... to me give Barden the #3 and let's see what he can do.

BurnerNYG
I'm hoping Barden finally steps up... I like his swag and he seems like a kind of guy that can help energize the team. Randle's gonna get his chance and Hixon is a vet.

Ballllinnnnnnn
That td catch hixon tore his ACL on last year cemented the respect I have for the guy.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm just not sold on Hixons hands.... we haven't seen him out of his receiving game...aside from 2008? Where he waas thrown into the fire and dropped a bunch of big passes.

That one against the Eagles where he burned them and dropped it was a dagger..... :eek:

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm sure KG and TC had a chat with Eli about who he's most comfortable with. I back whatever they see fit. Besides, this is just on paper. Id expect to see a healthy rotation at the 3rd WR spot until someone breaks through. Also, we will be seeing a lot of 4 WR looks; Barden and Randle will get their fair share of plays. Yeah your right I guess it's not that bad.We all know if Barden or Randle do damage this season this could change very soon.

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm sure KG and TC had a chat with Eli about who he's most comfortable with. I back whatever they see fit. Besides, this is just on paper. Id expect to see a healthy rotation at the 3rd WR spot until someone breaks through. Also, we will be seeing a lot of 4 WR looks; Barden and Randle will get their fair share of plays.

B-Red22
09-02-2012, 03:58 PM

I think he WILL be the #3 by mid season no doubt

CowboysSuck
09-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah your right I guess it's not that bad.We all know if "Barden or Randle to damage" this season this could change very soon.

What do u mean by that

Antwuan
09-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Nice! I actually don't mind this because Hixon when healthy is a solid WR and he was productive for the Giants before his injury, he will also help us out on special teams. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 04:02 PM
What do u mean by that With Hixon being the #3

zimonami
09-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Some people act like, because Hixon was named #3, that Randle and Barden won't get their share of catches. There's plenty to go around... even Nicks and Cruz will need a break every so often.
I think Hixon earned this spot. He knows the offense and has good hands, despite that drop against the Eagles, for you guys with long and unforgiving memories. Even Jerry Rice dropped passes. He'll give Eli dependable routes when Eli needs to know a receiver is going to be where he's supposed to be. He's also our best Punt Returner, although Randle might take that job to protect Hixon a little.

BurnerNYG
09-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I think he WILL be the #3 by mid season no doubtNot if Barden steps up he won't. Trust what I tell ya.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 04:07 PM
If Hixon is healthy, which he seems to be at the moment, he's a legitimate # 3.

dave56dj
09-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Its very simple - the route running - espcially for the slot guys is about the option route. It can take a long time to be picked up. The Wideouts need to read the D as well as Eli, and the same as Eli. Mario never quite picked it up. Clearly victor and hakeem have. Randle runs precise routes but still needs to learn how to read the pro d's. Hixon is just more ready on that level - but as other beat reporters chimed in other wideouts (including barden randle and maybe jernigan) will see certain sets.

jomo
09-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm just not sold on Hixons hands.... we haven't seen him out of his receiving game...aside from 2008? Where he waas thrown into the fire and dropped a bunch of big passes.

That one against the Eagles where he burned them and dropped it was a dagger..... :eek:That was the only drop I remember from him. What I do recall were very reliable hands including that amazing TD grab last year on the play he reinjured his knee.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Its very simple - the route running - espcially for the slot guys is about the option route. It can take a long time to be picked up. The Wideouts need to read the D as well as Eli, and the same as Eli. Mario never quite picked it up. Clearly victor and hakeem have. Randle runs precise routes but still needs to learn how to read the pro d's. Hixon is just more ready on that level - but as other beat reporters chimed in other wideouts (including barden randle and maybe jernigan) will see certain sets.

Can we ever forget Gilbride berating Cruz on the sidelines for making the right cut in the wrong place? Right in the middle of that tirade, Eli walked in between Gilbride and Cruz and patted Cruz on the chest. Eli knew Cruz was getting it and just needed more reps. Yes, I can say that now because I know what has happened since Gilbride teed off on Cruz. There is a LOT for receivers to be aware of, it does take time depending on who the receiver is. It took Amani Toomer two years.

Antwuan
09-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Do You Guys Think Hixon Is A Better Route Runner Than Manningham?

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 04:16 PM
That was the only drop I remember from him. What I do recall were very reliable hands including that amazing TD grab last year on the play he reinjured his knee.

In the same season as THAT DROP, Hixon was one of the top five for NOT DROPPING passes.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Absolutely

Eli TO Shockey
09-02-2012, 04:19 PM

Do you remember Nicks rookie season? He earned his way into the starter spot. Randle will have to do the same. Either way, Randle will get plenty of opportunies.

Eli TO Shockey
09-02-2012, 04:20 PM

That one against the Eagles where he burned them and dropped it was a dagger..... :eek:

I'm pretty sure you're using 1 example of a dropped pass from hixon. He has good hands and good route running ability. I'm just concerned about how much speed he lost after tearing his ACL a 2nd time.

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Do You Guys Think Hixon Is A Better Route Runner Than Manningham?Definitely,but Rio was a big play waiting to happen if we still ahd him here wow Eli would have the top WR core in the league.... s*** he might have it now.

Eli TO Shockey
09-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Absolutely

manningham wasnt a bad route runner either. Although he wasnt always aware of the width of the field. lol

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 04:24 PM
manningham wasnt a bad route runner either. Although he wasnt always aware of the width of the field. lol

That sums it up pretty well

jomo
09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
In the same season as THAT DROP, Hixon was one of the top five for NOT DROPPING passes.That's how I remember it but after listening to people say his hands stink for so long, I start to question my fading memory lol .............

FBomb
09-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Me too I'm really pissed that Hixon got the #3....... I think we should start Barden over him.

Hixon is an outstanding choice as the #3 as long as he stays healthy. He has the ability to catch passes in traffic, knows the playbook and is a great kick returner.

Sadly he is injury prone and that will give Barden and Randle their snaps. Hope it pays off.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 04:31 PM
That's how I remember it but after listening to people say his hands stink for so long, I start to question my fading memory lol .............

I think when some fans are down on a player, they lose objectivity in all of the "he sucks" rhetoric. Hixon was the leading team receiver in 2008 while Toomer and S Smith were his teammates. He's been seriusly injured two years in a row. It's very legitimate to question his current skill sets being what they were. It's also legitimate to consider the coaching staff and Jerry Reese know when a Player needs to be released.

It's not, to me, legitimate to make crap up

NYG4lifeNYK
09-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty sure you're using 1 example of a dropped pass from hixon. He has good hands and good route running ability. I'm just concerned about how much speed he lost after tearing his ACL a 2nd time.

He had a plethora of drops that season because he was thrown into the fire and asked to be the #1.

The fact is he hasn't been a receiver in years and we have no idea how his hands are. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because I really like Hixon I just think Randle and Barden are more skilled.

It's a good problem to have.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Hixon is an outstanding choice as the #3 as long as he stays healthy. He has the ability to catch passes in traffic, knows the playbook and is a great kick returner.

Sadly he is injury prone and that will give Barden and Randle their snaps. Hope it pays off.

If we're lucky, Hixon will allow us to usher the younger receivers into the mix in positive terms as opposed to "you're the next man up" emergency scenario.

BurnerNYG
09-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I never been somewhere and been so ignored in my life. This board is lame. Ask around town... I'm something like the man lol.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 04:39 PM
that wasnt reliable hands lol, the ball bounced off his shoulder pad, he then bobbled it before catching it at the last moment. awesome grab tho ur right about the td being amazing.

eli trusts hixon. that 4th down conversion vs the jests was an example of the wr and qb being on the same page. hixon isnt going to be as explosive and vertical a threat as he used to be, but he'll be consistent and help move the chains. We'll use him, i'm thinking, similarly to how philly uses jason avant...

and also, randle, barden, and even JJ will still get their chances to make an impact on the games...

Eliscruzzz
09-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Sadly he is injury prone and that will give Barden and Randle their snaps. Hope it pays off. Iet's hope .Hey I 'm glad for Hixon I was just bummed out cause a really though it was going to be Randle or Barden but I'm guessing Eli had to factor in the decision or he wouldn't be the #3. You think they are still going to use Hixon at KR or do you think they will go with JJ or Hosley?

jomo
09-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Iet's hope .Hey I 'm glad for Hixon I was just bummed out cause a really though it was going to be Randle or Barden but I'm guessing Eli had to factor in the decision or he wouldn't be the #3. You think they are still going to use Hixon at KR or do you think they will go with JJ or Hosley?My guess is they protect Hixon unless the others get the dropsies in which case Tc will us the quick hook.

EnragedYouth85
09-02-2012, 04:54 PM
In my opinion, if Hixon is labeled #3, they won't be using him in KR. That's just my opinion though..

zimonami
09-02-2012, 04:55 PM
No question. When Hixon was healthy he played ahead of Mario... and for good reason. Mario was just getting to know our offense last year. He blew many a route that made Eli crazy and cost him a few INT's. You can't run a good route if you're running to the wrong place.

primetime
09-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Glad Hixon is getting his chance to play #3 WR spot.

http://i46.tinypic.com/21luzab.jpg

EnragedYouth85
09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
No question. When Hixon was healthy he played ahead of Mario... and for good reason. Mario was just getting to know our offense last year. He blew many a route that made Eli crazy and cost him a few INT's. You can't run a good route if you're running to the wrong place.

Yeah you can definetly tell the difference between Eli throwing an INT that's his fault and one that he threw to where the WR was suppose to be..

egyptian420
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
No question.
Jacobs, is that you?

MattMeyerBud
09-02-2012, 05:14 PM

What makes you say that?

MattMeyerBud
09-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I really don't want Hixon to be the #3 to me all he is is speed to me Barden and Randle bring more to the game while Hixon may know the play book better Randle and Barden are better threats I just think teams are going to have an easy time covering him. this news kinda of sucks.

What's with all this burden talk? Why all of a sudden is he so beloved? He had a mediocre preseason

egyptian420
09-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I think Randle or Barden might eventually get that spot (leaning more towards Randle) but definitely not in the first game of the season. You've got to go with the most experienced vet until someone else emerges. You can't use a rookie like Randle in the first game of the season, that's way too much responsibility.

MattMeyerBud
09-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I don't know why this is such a surprise. Hixon has been taking all the Nick's snaps while Nicks has been healing. They don't do that for kicks and giggles. They need Eli to "know" where the # 1 WR is going to be and Hixon gave them that in practice.

This doesn't detract from Randle or anyone else.

Good ol roaky - the voice of reason in this madness

giantsfan420
thats a good point e4...last season didnt we start stokely at slot to begin until Cruz stepped up? Experience counts for a lot with a coach like TC

MattMeyerBud
Definitely,but Rio was a big play waiting to happen if we still ahd him here wow Eli would have the top WR core in the league.... s*** he might have it now. wasn't hixons last play a 40 yard td?

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Here's what Gilbride thinks:

"He's a consummate pro," Gilbride said of Hixon. "He's always going to know exactly what to do. He's always going to be technically very, very sound. He's very dependable. You can trust that he can do the right thing and right now there's no evidence that there's any residual limitations because of his injuries. Anything we've seen is a very positive."

jomo
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I think Randle or Barden might eventually get that spot (leaning more towards Randle) but definitely not in the first game of the season. You've got to go with the most experienced vet until someone else emerges. You can't use a rookie like Randle in the first game of the season, that's way too much responsibility.Based on how I already see Randle using that wide body in routes to amplify his physicality, he'll be the next one up I suspect expecially as the season progresses and he gets more acclimated to the speed in the NFL. Let's hope we don't have to find out. In the meantime, I am very happy to have Hixon as our #3.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
yeah but mmb couldnt one counter that "hixons last play was the 2nd time he tore the same ACL?" if one wanted...

The_ One
09-02-2012, 05:22 PM
The team is going to put the best players "that know what they are doing" on the field. Not some unproven rookie, and third year player just starting to show his potential, potential people does not WIN games. Randle will get his chance, in due time, first he needs to know they play book forward and backwards before we throw him on the field. Unless Cruz, Nicks, Hixon and Barden get hurt, that is the only time I see Randle get significant playing time. This is not a rebuilding team, it's a team with proven veteran players that won the SB last year, the young pups will get their chance soon enough, just not this soon.

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 05:22 PM
yeah but mmb couldnt one counter that "hixons last play was the 2nd time he tore the same ACL?" if one wanted...

That is true, but has little to do with his skill sets which, according to Gilbride, are excellent (see a few posts up)."

egyptian420
09-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Based on how I already see Randle using that wide body in routes to amplify his physicality, he'll be the next one up I suspect expecially as the season progresses and he gets more acclimated to the speed in the NFL. Let's hope we don't have to find out. In the meantime, I am very happy to have Hixon as our #3.
I agree 100%....obviously Randle might have more potential in his future since his career is just beginning but right now in these first few weeks, you've got to go with the most experience. Let Randle get his hands dirty in special teams first until he gets more accustomed to the league and our offense before throwing him in the lion's den. I feel a lot safer with Hixon as of now.

MattMeyerBud
09-02-2012, 06:26 PM

So are we to assume he's going to blow his ACL out if he runs 40 yards?

The original point made was that mario was good for the long ball

Giants5699
09-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Hixon is a formidable receiver and deep threat at that as long as he isn't playing a top tier corner. However, I think he will be able to handle any nickel in the league.

GMan-67
09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
but keep in mind that even with Hixon 3rd on the depth chart, that does not mean we won't play Randle or Barden in some 3 wide sets ... in fact, they will occasionally be out their in 2 wide sets both for strategy and for the occasional break for the starters

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 08:56 PM
one thing that just crossed my mind is that the reason we should give randle time and let hixon start off the season isn't a valid one. Eli's said that if the wr runs the wrong route or is not where eli is expecting him, he just isn't gonna throw them the ball. well that would make it if randle made a route mistake, eli just would move on to the next option.
so i dont think hixon is the 3rd bc they dont want randle out there just yet, it may very well be hixon is looking way better than any of us could really fathom and that provided he stay healthy, they feel Hixon could break out...

but then again, last season, didnt we start Stokely that first week or 2nd week bc Cruz wasnt quite ready? Eh I dunno I'm thinking in circles

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 09:16 PM
one thing that just crossed my mind is that the reason we should give randle time and let hixon start off the season isn't a valid one. Eli's said that if the wr runs the wrong route or is not where eli is expecting him, he just isn't gonna throw them the ball. well that would make it if randle made a route mistake, eli just would move on to the next option.
so i dont think hixon is the 3rd bc they dont want randle out there just yet, it may very well be hixon is looking way better than any of us could really fathom and that provided he stay healthy, they feel Hixon could break out...

but then again, last season, didnt we start Stokely that first week or 2nd week bc Cruz wasnt quite ready? Eh I dunno I'm thinking in circles

That doesn't help after Eli heaves the ball down field and the receiver for whom it was intended breaks left instead of right. You need to assume the coaches know more than the rest of us.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 09:18 PM
That doesn't help after Eli heaves the ball down field and the receiver for whom it was intended breaks left instead of right. You need to assume the coaches know more than the rest of us.

thats exactly what i assume and believe. thats why i dont think hixons the 3 for wed. simply bc he knows the playbook. i believe its bc they believe hixon can actually be a legit threat and break out, and have been waiting for him to get healthy...dunno. just thinking out loud.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 09:18 PM
but then again, maybe he is the 3 to start the season bc of his experience bc i believe we started stokely as a FA simply bc of his experience while we waited for somebody to step up...

YATittle1962
09-02-2012, 09:20 PM
but he is wasn't even supposed to make the squad right?

:)

RoanokeFan
09-02-2012, 09:24 PM
thats exactly what i assume and believe. thats why i dont think hixons the 3 for wed. simply bc he knows the playbook. i believe its bc they believe hixon can actually be a legit threat and break out, and have been waiting for him to get healthy...dunno. just thinking out loud.

He is a legit # 3, no thinking required.

derekunion28
09-02-2012, 09:27 PM
i like the safer more reliable pick over sexy can take it to the house fater wr pick i dont wana see fumbles or bobbles that turn to int

miked1958
09-02-2012, 09:42 PM
This kid needs to be out there the majority of the game..... he has serious skills.He needs to be THE #3 WR by mid season.I'm not overjoyed but he has the tools to do a good job. I think in time barden and RR will do a great job and make us forget about MM.

byron
09-02-2012, 09:48 PM
He is a legit # 3, no thinking required. I see no problem making him the #3.... I used to think that players were getting lost on the depth chart because of TC.....I was wrong thats just not the case...TC and his staff know what they're doing people need to relax and enjoy these are great times

moosedrool
09-02-2012, 10:06 PM
In the red zone, Barden will be the third WR

Jiffy Jeff
09-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Weather other posters think its right or not I've been saying hixon was an absolute lock for #3 barring injury. Guy is very good.

I don't see how people forget how good he was for us not only in the return game, but made nice contributions as a receiver as well. Hixon has true talent. I'm as anxious as anyone else to see Randle make a mark, and I'm surprisingly looking forward to what Barden may be able to do. Still, I'm glad that Eli and the coaching staff have more say-so than some of the posters around here.

GameTime
09-02-2012, 10:18 PM
to be honest we havent really seen Hixon play a full season fully intergrated to he game plan and playbook in a couple of seasons. Eli is a better QB then he was Hixon was last healthy. The #3 WR spot will have decent rotation. There will be situation specific plays for Randle and Barden which they will be able to have opportunities. They will also get their shots at other times as well.

Martin 2
09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Nicks - Cruz and Hixon are an excellent tandem.

Having Randle, Barden and JJ waiting and learning
is a perfect start to the season.

With injuries always around the corner I'm sure they all will
get snaps.

Hixon is one of my favorite players, solid and dependable.

Martin 2
09-02-2012, 10:25 PM
MOD's thanks for getting my post count back.

I appreciate it!

thx

giantyankee1976
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
honestly this was a no-brainer, after 88 and 80 he was the most experienced Receiver. read: polished.

Captain Chaos
09-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm hoping Barden finally steps up... I like his swag and he seems like a kind of guy that can help energize the team. Randle's gonna get his chance and Hixon is a vet.

Would like to see him continue to grow and use his body to gain position, think there is a place here for him.

Flip Empty
09-02-2012, 11:26 PM
It isn't a surprise. Randle will fight his way to #3 if he wants it bad enough.

jomo
09-02-2012, 11:30 PM
In the red zone, Barden will be the third WRI'll take that bet. I actually think that since Barden still isn't contributing on ST, Jernigan will suit ahead of him some weeks. #4 or 5 receivers must be part of the ST mix.

giantsfan420
09-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I'll take that bet. I actually think that since Barden still isn't contributing on ST, Jernigan will suit ahead of him some weeks. #4 or 5 receivers must be part of the ST mix.

i think this year will be diff. we may not need that wr to do ST bc we went out and got guys to literally play ST while they develop. We're gonna be using a lot of our recent draft picks and project players/UDFA to do all that stuff. We also kept Scott and Brown bc of their ST ability. We are gonna get contributions to ST from new areas imo to negate having to inactivate a wr bc he cant do it...even tho barden can still be a gunner

Harooni
09-03-2012, 12:12 AM
I think he will be great.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
09-03-2012, 12:22 AM
I called this. Not surprised, Hixon is not just solid but was showing a ton of potential a few seasons ago. I hope he stays healthy. He will be a huge asset and we will see some great 4-wides.

appodictic
09-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Hixon was our #1 once upon a time. Granted this was before Manningham and Nicks but he can ball. Randel will need some time I think he will get chances we go 3 and 4 wide alot.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 12:48 AM
wasn't hixons last play a 40 yard td? Yes it was....... but how many times did Manningham come up with a huge TD? To diminish what Manningham meant to this team is ridiculous your going to sit there and tell me Hixon is better? What happened after he caught that pass too he got hurt and I'm going by Barden should know the playbook just as good a Hixon now....plus we are going to have to find out what we have in Barden eventually aren't we? What's with all the Barden hate?

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 12:52 AM
The team is going to put the best players "that know what they are doing" on the field. Not some unproven rookie, and third year player just starting to show his potential, potential people does not WIN games. Randle will get his chance, in due time, first he needs to know they play book forward and backwards before we throw him on the field. Unless Cruz, Nicks, Hixon and Barden get hurt, that is the only time I see Randle get significant playing time. This is not a rebuilding team, it's a team with proven veteran players that won the SB last year, the young pups will get their chance soon enough, just not this soon.What has Hixon done to be a proven player on a SB team he was gone week two.

Jppallday
09-03-2012, 12:52 AM
I still get nightmares about Hixon dropping that ball against Philly in 08. I still support him though

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 01:02 AM
I still get nightmares about Hixon dropping that ball against Philly in 08. I still support him though Yeah me too.....I wanted to kill him that day.

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 01:03 AM
I still get nightmares about Hixon dropping that ball against Philly in 08. I still support him though

If he makes that catch, I feel we win the Superbowl that year. That drop was like putting a needle in a balloon. If Relaxico hadn't shot himself we would have won no probs, but if Hixon makes that catch, it would have been an immediate boost from the Burress disaster.

redbeardxxv
09-03-2012, 03:31 AM
First, Lemme start by saying, I have no hate for Hixon, but, Is he the best option? I guess RR hasn't shown enough.... I think Hixon is a great SP player, and a serviceable WR, but the fact that he's being named the #3 scares me a bit.(drop against Philthy a few years back) I guess he knows the O better, but I was really hoping Randle was gonna TAKE this spot, JJ seems underwhelming, Hixon seems average. A #3 that can be reliable when Cruz/Nicks aren't an option is a must have to make this offense as explosive as it can be... I dunno if Hixon is up to it...just my 2 cents..

drewz
09-03-2012, 03:40 AM
I think it's just a formality. You might see Hixon as a #3, but Barden or RR may get more snaps.. it's just the beginning of the season, so we'll have to see how the offense shapes up.

Moke
09-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Hixon because of experience, but I wouldn't be surprised if RR stepped up as the pure #3 eventually and soon.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 04:05 AM
dont forget last yr. remember we started the veteran stokely over cruz the first couple weeks until cruz broke out. hixon is capable of being the stop gap until someone breaks out, heck, culd even be hixon

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 04:10 AM
don't worry everyone will get to play and it also seems like some have completely forgotten about Hixon's past contributions and/or jumped on the bandwagon when we won SB46

another question is whether all 6 WRs will dress ... Ramses did a good job in preseason, but since he is not the STer that Hixon is and with Jernigan possibly being a KR option ... well Barden better update his wardrobe ... he may not be dressed on Wednesday

miked1958
09-03-2012, 04:22 AM
don't worry everyone will get to play and it also seems like some have completely forgotten about Hixon's past contributions and/or jumped on the bandwagon when we won SB46another question is whether all 6 WRs will dress ... Ramses did a good job in preseason, but since he is not the STer that Hixon is and with Jernigan possibly being a KR option ... well Barden better update his wardrobe ... he may not be dressed on WednesdayI don't think you can put someone on the inactive list that can be so much if a threat to the opposition while in the Redzone.

miked1958
09-03-2012, 04:24 AM
I agree that he is not as valuable as a person that can play STs. However I think barden earned the right and showed enough this Pre season to dress every Sunday? Have to find that extra person to sit out at other position

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 04:34 AM
I agree that he is not as valuable as a person that can play STs. However I think barden earned the right and showed enough this Pre season to dress every Sunday? Have to find that extra person to sit out at other position

yeah good point ... boy college teams have some nerve complaining about their rosters .... i guess we could sit Robinson to dress Barden and then use a backup tackle as a 3rd TE if/when we use a set like that

Flip Empty
09-03-2012, 04:38 AM
I don't think you can put someone on the inactive list that can be so much if a threat to the opposition while in the Redzone.
I reckon Bennett becomes a go-to redzone target. Eli looked Ballard's way a lot last season.

Captain Chaos
09-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I love Hixon but he really didn't show enough in preaseason. RR will take over eventually!

titwio
09-03-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't think there's too much weight right now on the "starting" number three receiver. Eli said previously that the #3 receiver will be more of a group effort and that guys will be used to their strengths.

I'm expecting this to be the case until one guy emerges (breaks out) and takes over that role.

B-Red22
09-03-2012, 08:59 AM
this wont be the case by the end of the season, just trusting the veteran with this spot for the start of the season

penguinfarmer
09-03-2012, 09:07 AM
If you have to reference singular plays among dozens [Philly drop], it doesn't help your case. The patience this franchise has shown with Hixon in the past two years in limiting his reps and practices along with the re-signing itself shows a strong vote of confidence on their part. The man has been steady for the Giants more than he has been unreliable.

M00KIE
09-03-2012, 09:14 AM
If you have to reference singular plays among dozens [Philly drop], it doesn't help your case. The patience this franchise has shown with Hixon in the past two years in limiting his reps and practices along with the re-signing itself shows a strong vote of confidence on their part. The man has been steady for the Giants more than he has been unreliable.

Yeah really. I can pick one bad play in a bad spot by any starter on this team using this logic. Hixon is a good WR and his experience overall and in our offense is why he's 3. That's not to say Reuben won't pass him up eventually but he is a rookie with limited knowledge as of right now.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 09:17 AM
First, Lemme start by saying, I have no hate for Hixon, but, Is he the best option? I guess RR hasn't shown enough.... I think Hixon is a great SP player, and a serviceable WR, but the fact that he's being named the #3 scares me a bit.(drop against Philthy a few years back) I guess he knows the O better, but I was really hoping Randle was gonna TAKE this spot, JJ seems underwhelming, Hixon seems average. A #3 that can be reliable when Cruz/Nicks aren't an option is a must have to make this offense as explosive as it can be... I dunno if Hixon is up to it...just my 2 cents..

Name any receiver who has ever played the game that didn't drop a pass. How can anyone realistically frame a player's entire career using one play?

Hixon's selection should not be a shock to anyone who follows the GIANTS.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 09:21 AM

We thought that last year as well, yet he spent a lot of time inactive on game day. Has he now shown why they drafted him, maybe. Has he yet brought that to the regular season? Not so far.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
We thought that last year as well, yet he spent a lot of time inactive on game day. Has he now shown why they drafted him, maybe. Has he yet brought that to the regular season? Not so far.
how did u think that last preseason when he was on the PUP and not allowed to participate in any team activity? this is the first preseason he's been healthy since his rookie year IIRC

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 10:31 AM
how did u think that last preseason when he was on the PUP and not allowed to participate in any team activity? this is the first preseason he's been healthy since his rookie year IIRC

So he's injury prone?

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 11:33 AM
i dunno. u said barden played like this last preseason and falsely got everyones hopes up when Barden wasnt even eligible to participate in the offseason bc of the PUP placement. Theres plenty of valid reasons why Barden shouldnt be trusted until he actually earns it, no need to use inaccurate one

jomo
09-03-2012, 11:52 AM
This thread should be moved to the "beating a dead horse" category. There was nothing new or useful left to be said on the topic about a month ago.

penguinfarmer
09-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I think we're just trying to get one last drop kick on all topics before Wednesday.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
i dunno. u said barden played like this last preseason and falsely got everyones hopes up when Barden wasnt even eligible to participate in the offseason bc of the PUP placement. Theres plenty of valid reasons why Barden shouldnt be trusted until he actually earns it, no need to use inaccurate one

Let me be clearer for you, Barden has had three years to step up. He's been passed by younger receivers every season and is now still on the third team.

jomo
09-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Let me be clearer for you, Barden has had three years to step up. He's been passed by younger receivers every season and is now still on the third team.It is altogether possible that Barden won't even suit for some games this year. #4 or #5 wide receivers who can't contribute on special teams are of little value suiting up. Kind set up to be just like last year.

BurnerNYG
09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
How many years did it take Toomer to step up? How bout Ed McCaffrey (excuse my spelling)? We got rid of him. Don't be so quick to make assumptions.

ShakeandBake
09-03-2012, 12:43 PM
It is altogether possible that Barden won't even suit for some games this year. #4 or #5 wide receivers who can't contribute on special teams are of little value suiting up. Kind set up to be just like last year.

This is why I'm surprised we kept the guy, we had younger guys with more potential than Barden who can also play ST. Hopefully he can contribute to the offense this season otherwise he is just a wasted roster spot imo.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 12:44 PM
It is altogether possible that Barden won't even suit for some games this year. #4 or #5 wide receivers who can't contribute on special teams are of little value suiting up. Kind set up to be just like last year.

I'd like to see him succeed, but time is running out. If he gets on the field he just has to take advantage.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Let me be clearer for you, Barden has had three years to step up. He's been passed by younger receivers every season and is now still on the third team.
im not making a judgement on barden or hixon. u just always post factually correct info, and I saw that you had confused a point u were trying to make and just wanted to make it clear that Barden isnt some training camp MVP and nothing else...thats all. I'm excited to see ur boy Hixon outta the slot or out wide

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
This is why I'm surprised we kept the guy, we had younger guys with more potential than Barden who can also play ST. Hopefully he can contribute to the offense this season otherwise he is just a wasted roster spot imo.

While I agree with you , I think the organization is willing to let him play out his contract.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 12:47 PM
How many years did it take Toomer to step up? How bout Ed McCaffrey (excuse my spelling)? We got rid of him. Don't be so quick to make assumptions.

It took Toomer two years

TheShouldersOf
09-03-2012, 12:48 PM
i'm just hoping they give Randle opportunities on the field, it's one thig to impress in Practices and Classroom, but you need to be bale to translate that to the field, by experience/opportunities

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
It took Toomer two years
well technically it took toomer 3 years. his first 2 yrs were uneventful.
and bardens only had one full season healthy anyways.

BurnerNYG
09-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Barden came from a small school and was extremely raw. Add in all the injuries, the odds were stacked against him big time.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Barden came from a small school and was extremely raw. Add in all the injuries, the odds were stacked against him big time.
yup. dont know why ppl forgot how JR even deemed Barden a project. Projects take a while. glad to see the giants continue to give him a chance to progress

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Lets says this happens: (entirely for purpose of argument (crosses fingers))
Knicks breaks his leg, Randle is dealing with a bad hammy, and Hixon just hasnt done anything this year...something along these lines. IF we found ourselves in this imaginary situation which is entire plausible, Barden would be of extreme importance IMO. I bet the coaches would rather have Barden in the game than someone like DePalma or Douglas who barely knows our offense.

BurnerNYG
09-03-2012, 01:19 PM
yup. dont know why ppl forgot how JR even deemed Barden a project. Projects take a while. glad to see the giants continue to give him a chance to progressThey know more than we do that's for sure.

ShakeandBake
09-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Lets says this happens: (entirely for purpose of argument (crosses fingers))
Knicks breaks his leg, Randle is dealing with a bad hammy, and Hixon just hasnt done anything this year...something along these lines. IF we found ourselves in this imaginary situation which is entire plausible, Barden would be of extreme importance IMO. I bet the coaches would rather have Barden in the game than someone like DePalma or Douglas who barely knows our offense.
Right, thats on one hand, but if the more probable situation transpires(that we don't lose our top 3 WRs) then we wasted another year/roster spot on Barden when a younger guy could've gotten that extra year of experience under his belt.

zimonami
09-03-2012, 01:22 PM
In his injury marred 3+ yrs with us he has 63 receptions, over 2,500 yds of kick/punt returns, and 6 TD's.
Let's hope he has a solid, injury free year... then all you doubters, who can only remember 1 bad miss (yes, it was one of the worst drops in Giant history... I will agree to that) can feel better about him... because he is a solid player that can contribute mightily to our success.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
not to add salt to the wound, but he also had a pretty crucial drop in the playoffs vs philly that year

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I think when some fans are down on a player, they lose objectivity in all of the "he sucks" rhetoric. Hixon was the leading team receiver in 2008 while Toomer and S Smith were his teammates. He's been seriusly injured two years in a row. It's very legitimate to question his current skill sets being what they were. It's also legitimate to consider the coaching staff and Jerry Reese know when a Player needs to be released.

It's not, to me, legitimate to make crap up people forget

embeshAtYa
09-03-2012, 01:29 PM
a healthy Hixon is a starter on any team in nfl. Mike Strahan called him a superstar. Few drops and injuries only thing in the way. Im more than confident having him on the field

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 01:30 PM
hixon probally wont return until randle steps up mid to late season andthen for last few games or playoffs we could take chance with hixon returning i think they dont wana reinjure hixon he is to solid in knowing our offense while we wait for rookies to step up

zimonami
09-03-2012, 01:42 PM
hixon probally wont return until randle steps up mid to late season andthen for last few games or playoffs we could take chance with hixon returning i think they dont wana reinjure hixon he is to solid in knowing our offense while we wait for rookies to step up
Amen... WR is not a position where a rook can come in and shine right away... because he has a lot to learn. Even Jerry Rice had a so-so first year. It's very different than, say DE, where a rook like JPP can come in and use his physical skills to blow a man away, without having to learn 400 plays, and audibles... it's the audibles that overwhelm a WR, or RB. Give Randle time... he'll learn... and then Derek might be right on. Regardless, I'm happy we have a vet at WR that will know where Eli expects him to be.

The_ One
09-03-2012, 01:45 PM
What has Hixon done to be a proven player on a SB team he was gone week two.He knows the play book, I believe knowing the playbook is kind of important, don't you think. One costly mistake "running the wrong route" can result in a big play by the defense, and cost the team 3-7 points.

BigBlue1971
09-03-2012, 02:41 PM
i think Hixons experience at this level is a big reason for Gilbride making him the #3 at this point!

we may even see that same setup for a few weeks/games but i do believe with Randles draft position and athletic ability he will be the #3 in the 2nd half of the season!

if Randle improves on his preseason stats i dont see how they can keep this guy off the field.

joeybagadonutz23
09-03-2012, 02:46 PM
How many games until Hixon gets hurt again. I'll go with 3.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 03:01 PM
How many games until Hixon gets hurt again. I'll go with 3.

Should we be asking for trouble?

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 03:07 PM
He knows the play book, I believe knowing the playbook is kind of important, don't you think. One costly mistake "running the wrong route" can result in a big play by the defense, and cost the team 3-7 points. So you telling me Barden doesn't know it or Manningham didn't either. If Manningham didn't know the playbook then why did he do so well for us.....he was huge ..HUGE for us in the playoffs can't say the same for Hixon. Listen I don't hate him I just want to see Barden get his shot we have to see what this guys got.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
to be honest we havent really seen Hixon play a full season fully intergrated to he game plan and playbook in a couple of seasons. Eli is a better QB then he was Hixon was last healthy. The #3 WR spot will have decent rotation. There will be situation specific plays for Randle and Barden which they will be able to have opportunities. They will also get their shots at other times as well.

I am sure they will work Randle, Barden, and Jernigan in, as you say. I'll be interested in seeing which one is inactive Wednesday.

jomo
09-03-2012, 03:13 PM
So you telling me Barden doesn't know it or Manningham didn't either. If Manningham didn't know the playbook then why did he do so well for us.....he was huge ..HUGE for us in the playoffs can't say the same for Hixon. Listen I don't hate him I just want to see Barden get his shot we have to see what this guys got.How could Hixon have been anything but out, since he was on IR?

Mod_C
09-03-2012, 03:18 PM
How could Hixon have been anything but out, since he was on IR?

I was just re-reading that lol

zimonami
09-03-2012, 03:22 PM
So you telling me Barden doesn't know it or Manningham didn't either. If Manningham didn't know the playbook then why did he do so well for us.....he was huge ..HUGE for us in the playoffs can't say the same for Hixon. Listen I don't hate him I just want to see Barden get his shot we have to see what this guys got.
Hixon had a torn ACL and didn't play last year. Surely you know that, so questioning where he was for us in the playoffs is ludicrous. Manningham did NOT know the playbook, which was why he the coaches kept giving other's a chance... Smith and Nicks both passed him by, and Cruz stepped up last year... not Manningham... until playoff time when everyone put their Defensive pressure on Nicks and Cruz... freeing Manningham to make some plays. That Manningham made some great catches in the playoffs was excellent, and shows what talent he has. But, he could never learn the playbook and cost us many times by not being where he was supposed to be on an audible, and Eli made some passes to the 'wrong' spot because of it.
Yes, agreed, Barden needs a chance, and he is intelligent and knows the book. He will get his chance. Just be glad a smart and capable vet like Hixon is there if we need him.

Mod_C
09-03-2012, 03:27 PM
So you telling me Barden doesn't know it or Manningham didn't either. If Manningham didn't know the playbook then why did he do so well for us.....he was huge ..HUGE for us in the playoffs can't say the same for Hixon. Listen I don't hate him I just want to see Barden get his shot we have to see what this guys got.

Manningham did struggle with the playbook.

jomo
09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Manningham did struggle with the playbook.Ya think?? lol

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Ya think?? lol

That is an understatement

jomo
09-03-2012, 03:39 PM
That is an understatementAfter his huge catch in the Super Bowl do you remember how off course he was? He was about 12 yards from where Eli put that pass. He did come back on the very next play I believe to make a nice grab underneath. The basic point however is that MM was very dangerous and shifty but scary in understanding where to be or how to set up a particular route. His on the fly reads were in a different language than his quarterback lol.

fourth&forever
09-03-2012, 03:51 PM
good grief. Hixon bashing every year. He is solid, dependable and no one works harder.
But he's not flashy which (I guess) is why some don't like him.
sigh. Dom is a vet and has proven himself plenty of times before.
If his knee holds up he'll prove himself worthy yet again.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
After his huge catch in the Super Bowl do you remember how off course he was? He was about 12 yards from where Eli put that pass. He did come back on the very next play I believe to make a nice grab underneath. The basic point however is that MM was very dangerous and shifty but scary in understanding where to be or how to set up a particular route. His on the fly reads were in a different language than his quarterback lol.

Yes, on the play you're talking about he was almost out of bounds as he ran down the opposite sideline.

jomo
09-03-2012, 03:56 PM
good grief. Hixon bashing every year. He is solid, dependable and no one works harder.
If his knee holds up he'll prove himself worthy yet again. lol flashy never appealed to me. I love Hix as our #3. I'm assuming he fit and ready to go. Coaches would know that. This is going to be fun.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 04:01 PM
lol flashy never appealed to me. I love Hix as our #3. I'm assuming he fit and ready to go. Coaches would know that. This is going to be fun.

A serious question. Don't you think Reese huddled with the medical people before re-signing Hixon? I know there are no guarantees in life, but you roll the dice and take your chances sometimes.

joeybagadonutz23
09-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Should we be asking for trouble?
It won't matter. Dude is fragile. I think that the Giants will be just fine when he goes down though. Barden looks good and Randle has a lot of potential.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 04:27 PM
How could Hixon have been anything but out, since he was on IR? just like in the playoffs a couple years ago against philly right? when ever we did make the playoffs did Hixon ever make big plays during his playing time in the playoffs? I don't know I could be wrong you tell me.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Manningham did struggle with the playbook. Yeah that's why he he score a td in the 1st three playoff games and came up huge in the SB when Nicks and Cruz were getting mugged the whole game.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Hixon had a torn ACL and didn't play last year. Surely you know that, so questioning where he was for us in the playoffs is ludicrous. Manningham did NOT know the playbook, which was why he the coaches kept giving other's a chance... Smith and Nicks both passed him by, and Cruz stepped up last year... not Manningham... until playoff time when everyone put their Defensive pressure on Nicks and Cruz... freeing Manningham to make some plays. That Manningham made some great catches in the playoffs was excellent, and shows what talent he has. But, he could never learn the playbook and cost us many times by not being where he was supposed to be on an audible, and Eli made some passes to the 'wrong' spot because of it.
Yes, agreed, Barden needs a chance, and he is intelligent and knows the book. He will get his chance. Just be glad a smart and capable vet like Hixon is there if we need him.Wow really Hixon was hurt last year....smh way to bash a guy that helped us win a SB while Manningham didn't run the best routes he was still a very productive player for us and I think even your self would rather have him as our #3 then Hixon I'm simply saying WHAT DID HIXON EVER DO IN THE PLAYOFFS? Can't wait to hear your answer.

jomo
09-03-2012, 04:34 PM
just like in the playoffs a couple years ago against philly right? when ever we did make the playoffs did Hixon ever make big plays during his playing time in the playoffs? I don't know I could be wrong you tell me.It's kind of hard to have a conversation because you keep changing the question or statement. I was commenting on you saying that Hixon wasn't huge in the playoffs last year and I pointed out that he wasn't even suited. For that matter, neither was I lol.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 04:36 PM
If his knee holds up he'll prove himself worthy yet again. Where did I say he wasn't I just wanted to see what Barden can do that's all people can want someone else to be the #3 no one has to agree with your and other posters premise.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 04:40 PM
It's kind of hard to have a conversation because you keep changing the question or statement. I was commenting on you saying that Hixon wasn't huge in the playoffs last year and I pointed out that he wasn't even suited. For that matter, neither was I lol.oh funny guy I don't care what you say bro my point was that manningham did play and performed to me very well.Rio te me was a better #3.

nycsportzfan
09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Where did I say he wasn't I just wanted to see what Barden can do that's all people can want someone else to be the #3 no one has to agree with your and other posters premise. the bottom line is if barden is gonna produce, he'll find his way on to the field and into the stats.. Its not like Barden's buried 3recievers down.. He'll get his opp's, and if he produces more then hixon, he'll simply move ahead of him..

Basically, there is absoulutley nothing to read into this.. It matters zilch! nada! none! Hixon just happened to win the 3rd spot for now, and it dosen't mean anything more then that.. if barden has 5catches 89yrd 1td against cowboys, and hixon don't do much, it'll quickly change...

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 04:48 PM
the bottom line is if barden is gonna produce, he'll find his way on to the field and into the stats.. Its not like Barden's buried 3recievers down.. He'll get his opp's, and if he produces more then hixon, he'll simply move ahead of him..

Basically, there is absoulutley nothing to read into this.. It matters zilch! nada! none! Hixon just happened to win the 3rd spot for now, and it dosen't mean anything more then that.. if barden has 5catches 89yrd 1td against cowboys, and hixon don't do much, it'll quickly change...Yeap your right we will see on Wednesday I agree with you but some people think I'm hating on the guy when I'm not

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah that's why he he score a td in the 1st three playoff games and came up huge in the SB when Nicks and Cruz were getting mugged the whole game.

You're confusing his ability to catch balls with his struggling with the playbook. A receiver is supposed to be able to catch the balls thrown to him. Being where he is supposed to be isn't always as simple or automatic as we might think. Manningham struggled with his alignment with the sideline, it's not a death knell, it's just the way it was.

jomo
09-03-2012, 05:07 PM
oh funny guy I don't care what you say bro my point was that manningham did play and performed to me very well.Rio te me was a better #3.If that was your point why did you say that Hixon didn't come up huge in the playoffs. Just a simple guy trying to figure this out.

NYKiller
09-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Hixon as #3 doesn't surprise me. You know how the giants do it. They put their two best to the front of the line and everyone else is just competing for number 3. Hixon got nod because he was there before all of them. However, in the preseason we all saw Barden played well enough to earn the 3rd spot. LOL, playing for the giants is more than just skills or being the best. If you've been there the longest and you're a good little boy for santa you know who, you will be ahead of the line. However, if you get injured or just stink up the joint when given a chance, the man behind you will take your spot. If you don't know then you haven't been playing attention.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Hixon as #3 doesn't surprise me. You know how the giants do it. They put their two best to the front of the line and everyone else is just competing for number 3. Hixon got nod because he was there before all of them. However, in the preseason we all saw Barden played well enough to earn the 3rd spot. LOL, playing for the giants is more than just skills or being the best. If you've been there the longest and you're a good little boy for santa you know who, you will be ahead of the line. However, if you get injured or just stink up the joint when given a chance, the man behind you will take your spot. If you don't know then you haven't been playing attention.

If Barden played that well consistently, he may have been the # 3. As it stands now, he is on the third team. It could still happen, but he is going to have to earn it.

jomo
09-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Hixon as #3 doesn't surprise me. You know how the giants do it. They put their two best to the front of the line and everyone else is just competing for number 3. Hixon got nod because he was there before all of them. However, in the preseason we all saw Barden played well enough to earn the 3rd spot. LOL, playing for the giants is more than just skills or being the best. If you've been there the longest and you're a good little boy for santa you know who, you will be ahead of the line. However, if you get injured or just stink up the joint when given a chance, the man behind you will take your spot. If you don't know then you haven't been playing attention.What is in the water. How would you reconcile the statement underlined above with DJ Ware being gone and Scott/Brown/Wilson all getting the nod ahead of him?

Alright, it's also clear that you have a beef with Hixon over Barden. Fine but why reach for such a generalization?
Name me just a couple of other situations where you feel tenure decided who played for us.

PS Great organizations like the Giants are pure meritocracies. The best players play. That is how you win championships. It is OK to disagree with the coaches on who is best but to make up these grand conspiracies about why guys play is just plain out there. IMHO

NYKiller
09-03-2012, 06:33 PM
What is in the water. How would you reconcile the statement underlined above with DJ Ware being gone and Scott/Brown/Wilson all getting the nod ahead of him?

Alright, it's also clear that you have a beef with Hixon over Barden. Fine but why reach for such a generalization?
Name me just a couple of other situations where you feel tenure decided who played for us.

PS Great organizations like the Giants are pure meritocracies. The best players play. That is how you win championships. It is OK to disagree with the coaches on who is best but to make up these grand conspiracies about why guys play is just plain out there. IMHO

DJ Ware has always been an average running back that got beaten out this year, simple as that. If you don't show enough production when given a chance to play for the giants, you will get replaced and I'm fine with that. I don't care if Hixon start over Barden because Hixon is a pretty good wide receiver. Barden maybe more physically gifted and a better target for Eli, but there is not a big gap in talent level between the two. There is no conspiracies, the truth is what you see. PLAY ATTENTION and you will see it too. And the best players don't always start especially if they are rookies.