PDA

View Full Version : Hosely is playing week 1, why isnt he starting??

BigBlueCrew22
09-03-2012, 04:56 AM
if hosely is going to play wednesday, why isnt he starting over coe? im assuming experience, but this kid looks good man, maybe hes a little too banged up? does anybody know?

G4L
09-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Probably because Coe has been practicing fully while Hosely is just getting back. Hosely was also taking the majority of his reps as the nickel back. May be asking too much of a rookie to move to the outside when he hasn't been on the practice field.

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 05:02 AM
at first, i think we will use him against slot WRs ... it's a little less risky than to put him out on an island, but don't worry he is going to play a lot .... remember no Witten for Dallas, so look for many 3 WR sets

Coe's been in the league 6 years, so he should not be too nervous ... we will be though :)

oh and one final thing, again to make it easier for Hosley ... remember when Prince gets back he will take over for Coe, leaving Hosley in the same role .... make it simple for the rook

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 05:33 AM
i think had hosely not gotten that minor injury and miss time, he prob would be starting. in terms of just raw ability to cover someone and run with them, Hosely is as talented as they come.
I'd rather tho they sharpen up the rest of his skills tho before being thrust into that kinda situation bc corners need confidence, getting lit up doesnt help much...

MattyD21
09-03-2012, 05:43 AM
hosley will play the slot if anything , very talented kid will be known for his skill by weeks 4-8

Captain Chaos
09-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Coe has been in the system for the past three years, think that gives him the edge over Hosley. Remember this is the Giants, they bring their players around slowly in general; I think Wilson will be the exception but even he won't start while Bradshaw is there...

titwio
09-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Hosley most likely will be playing with some pain and won't be 100%. Coe is healthy, bigger and the more experienced corner. I think the world of Hosley as far as his potential goes but I don't think he's the guy right now that should be covering Miles Austin or Dez Bryant...especially when he's playing through an injury.

Redeyejedi
09-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Coe played great against the Bears. Held his own against Brandon Marshall. Coe is physical and can help on the edges is the run game as well.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 09:23 AM
if hosely is going to play wednesday, why isnt he starting over coe? im assuming experience, but this kid looks good man, maybe hes a little too banged up? does anybody know?

We make far too much over who's on the field for the first snap.

Buddy333
09-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe because he is a rookie and Coe has played well when given a chance. Why should he start?

jomo
09-03-2012, 11:51 AM
We make far too much over who's on the field for the first snap.We also think we know more than the coaches don't we? I think PF and TC have Coe starting for a very good reason.

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 12:36 PM
in my eyes rather have a cb that lets wr get some balls butt doesnt have a rookie missed coverage for a TD....LIVE TO PLAY ANOTHER DOWN....cant do that if the wide open wr is in the endzone......JMHO

embeshAtYa
09-03-2012, 01:42 PM
im very comfortable with who we have at corner. lets roll!!

RagTime Blue
09-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Many (including me) have said that TC doesn't play rookies. I think that was once the case, but nowadays he sees the benefit of playing young, talented guys.

But to make the transition easier, Giants coaches like to simplify duties for rookies. So much like JWill really only saw action in Nickel last season (and teams), perhaps Hosley will get similar-type reps this season.

The_ One
09-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Sorry to give you the news people, but Hosely is not ready to be a starting NFL CB, he is a 3rd round draft pick for a reason, he was drafted to be a nickel corner, not a starting CB taking on the top receivers in the league, you guys are making the kid seem to be Revis, seriously, he returned a badly thrown ball by all people "Sanches" for a TD in a preseason game, and you guys want to start him in week one, get serious.
Coe is a better more polished veteran CB, and will hold the fort till our number one pick Prince comes back, and once Prince comes back, Coe will be the nickel CB, and Hosely the fill in.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 01:57 PM
he led the nation in ints last year. he was a def. 1rst round talent. JR had him as a mid-late 1rst rounder based on talent. He had the marijuana issue that caused him to drop, much like MM.
He declared for the NFL before his senior year bc he says that there wasnt any competition anymore, it was too easy. and i believe him. he has a lot of talent. but i agree, not ready to start

BParcells777
09-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I like Coe..........he's no rookie but this is his first start ever

Coe was a big part of our SB run last year........you do not want a rookie starting in a big game like this........let him rotate in in the nickle and the dime

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 03:22 PM

Coe was a big part of our SB run last year........you do not want a rookie starting in a big game like this........let him rotate in in the nickle and the dime+111111111111

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
We also think we know more than the coaches don't we? I think PF and TC have Coe starting for a very good reason.

I am with you on this. As FBomb said a few weeks ago. "If I start to question Coughlin and the coaching staff, line up to shoot me in the face." LMAO

Antwuan
09-04-2012, 05:31 AM
I Think Hosley Will Play In The Slot.

giantsfan420
09-04-2012, 05:52 AM

Coe was a big part of our SB run last year........you do not want a rookie starting in a big game like this........let him rotate in in the nickle and the dime

what? how was he apart of the sb run in any way