PDA

View Full Version : Tuck & Osi future??!!

BBlueSince82
12-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I was listening to Mike Francesa today, and according to him, the only way the Giants can make a serious run this year at the Lombardi is if Tuck and Osi get healthy, get it together, and start playing the way they are capable of playing, Can you imagine Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwi ALL playing at 100% with 100% effort??? We could MASH teams. And that Dline would also cover up ALOT of our deficiencies in the secondary.

However, given that most likely Tuck and Osi will not be back at even near full strength this year, what do you do with these guys? I mean you have two of potentially the most devastating D-lineman in the league, and they are currently doing NOTHING.

What is is to be done with these two, as for the rest of this season, and into next season??

Thoughts??

BBlueSince82
12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
anyone?

T-Murda84
12-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Yea is great to have Tuck and Osi back...but our problem is going to be trying to play against Elite QBs who have a quick release. Romo is a QB who likes the Deep Ball, so JPP had some time to rush the pass. The Cowboys do not often run a 5 Wide Offense....teams like the Packers and Saints do. Theres not much u can do when ur secondary is trash...we can only hope that our DL gets their hands up to swat balls.

BK07071
12-14-2011, 12:08 AM
I was listening to Mike Francesa today, and according to him, the only way the Giants can make a serious run this year at the Lombardi is if Tuck and Osi get healthy, get it together, and start playing the way they are capable of playing, Can you imagine Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwi ALL playing at 100% with 100% effort??? We could MASH teams. And that Dline would also cover up ALOT of our deficiencies in the secondary.

However, given that most likely Tuck and Osi will not be back at even near full strength this year, what do you do with these guys? I mean you have two of potentially the most devastating D-lineman in the league, and they are currently doing NOTHING.

What is is to be done with these two, as for the rest of this season, and into next season??

Thoughts??

Tuck is hurt. He's not saying much about it but he is definitely playing hurt. It's obvious that he's not himself and you could tell by his playing. I would say that Tuck is sucking it up and playing as best as he can because we need a good pass rush. Osi on the other hand should be ready by next week and he's going to have to play his heart out if he wants a new contract. Quite frankly, he hasn't shown much this year so I don't think he's going to be happy when Reese tells him he didn't do want was expected of him so how can he justify re writting his contract. If he pulls the same sh*t he pulled this year at the beginning of the season I think Reese will give him his walking papers and rightly so.

stormblue
12-14-2011, 12:21 AM
i heard some of the interview with tuck
and he admitted that he is in a lot of pain
and is basically useless out there.
he admits he is trying to suck it up but he's playing on one leg and its not getting better.
he knows he is ineffective but he's in a catch 22.
there ain't nobody else.

unless osi wussymanura can come back this week and we shuffle some guys around.
my words ...not his.

stumms
12-14-2011, 12:33 AM
I think we need to trade one I love both guys but we need LB's and CB'S. If we could get a 1st for Tuck or 2nd for Osi I would do it. We would still have JPP, and Tuck or Osi with Joesph and Canty and don't forget about Austin.

redbeardxxv
12-14-2011, 12:33 AM

Thoughts??

Tuck will be back next year, and back to form... Osi will be traded. His value is higher than his worth right now.

BigBlue2010
12-14-2011, 12:34 AM
anyone?</P>

3 years of "Our D Line could be so awesome" has simply played itself out. </P>

Overdrive92
12-14-2011, 12:57 AM
I think one has to go at the end of the season. I love them both, but it's the reality.

JPP has emerged into such a beast, there is no way he can sit on the bench behind either of them next year. One has to go, likely Osi. Plus, we still have Kiwi as a joker and even Tollefson is playing his *** off. There's just too much stacked at one position.

dave56dj
12-14-2011, 02:20 AM
When did 7 sacks in 8 games become nothing - most d ends would kill for that.

Tuck is hurt and i wouldnt say not talking about it - after the cowboy game he said he was basically playing on one leg. But the guy will be a beast again once healthy unfortunately thats not gonna be this year - or at least it doesnt seem that way.

As for the future no reason tuck should go anywhere just get healthy.

Osi has been a distraction off the field for years he can still get to the Q but he wants to get paid and if we can get a 2nd rounder it may finally be time.

SweetZombieJesus
12-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Osi punched his ticket out of town this offseason with the holdout against JR. He played every card he had to get more money and lost. He's gone. There is no way on Earth he gets a new contract and there's no way on Earth he's going to stay on this team any longer.

Tuck is still on the good side and we'll have to see how he recovers in the offseason but it may be time to start thinking about replacing him -- didn't think I'd be saying that for several more years.

bleedinblue27
12-14-2011, 08:42 AM
yeah, we need a couple guys to keep the bench warm!! Osi & Tuck are not what they use to be!! two head hangers.
Osi when he is healty is a cry baby, Tuck gives up on plays and waits for the team to collapes instead of be a leader!!
im truly shocked by them two!!

JPP.......the future!!

burier
12-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Osi is worth very little right now in the open market. He can't play the run, he's no spring chicken and he's injury prone. We might get 4th for him at this point.

Tuck we could get a 1st for but Tucks Value continues to decrease because we insist on puting him on the field creating film of him getting whooped and being lazy.

If we offer both of them as a package we could get something early in the first if a team needs to instantly create a formidable pass rush. (Oakland perhaps)

either way both guys needs to go.

We need to position ourselves to get a stud linebacker and stud DT (Oline can be addressed late in the draft and in free agency)

We use train Sintim be our second "Joker" spot. Meaning we play him a end and backer but primarily at end.

We keep Kiwi at Joker playing end and backer but primarily at Backer

We go Get lance Briggs or some other guy who is a total stud...isn't an injury concern and is a mean SOB. (I'm not up on whos gonna be available in the first round but this could be addressed in the draft if there's a star in the first round)

If this happens the D is fixed and we're well on way to getting out of Cap hell.

To completely emerge from cap hell Chris Canty must restructure or be cut or traded. We can get a 4th for him and I'd take it if he doesn't want to be reasonable.

Same goes for David Baas.
Take a paycut/tade/cut.

Aaron Ross needs to be shown the door.

This will allow us room to resign Manningham if he's being reasonable. or some other possession reciever (Steve Smith is dead to me but someone like that)

Our Defense will look like this at the start of games.

Sintim or Tolly/ Joseph / Canty or Austin / JPP

Boley/ Player to be named later / Kiwi

Prince Webster

Rolle KP

kiwi will rotate in at end
Sintim will rotate at SAM

and we'll name a nickle backer later.

JJC7301
12-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't know about this year, but I want Osi gone next year. Nothing against him at all, I just don't want 4 pass rushing DE's anymore (I know that I'm about to get skewered for that comment). I say Osi only because he's not happy with his contract and we're not going to extend him anyway and we've got too much money locked up into the same type of talent.</P>

Keep Tuck, let JPP be JPP, and move Kiwi back to DE where he belongs and please spend Osi's money on a LB(s). Shore up the rundefense, for goodness sake, and bring TT back (as long as his contract demand isn'tcrazy and he's healthy).</P>

GameTime
12-14-2011, 11:58 AM
I dont normally say things like this but I thin Osi is waiting to see if the Gianst will be in the playoffs. if not why bother risking getting hurt further. Maybe I am wrong and I probably am but its just a gut feeling. </P>

Tuck is playing hurt. I credit him for that but he is just taking up space at times. If he cant even warrant a double team then he is helping no one. I wish Tollefson woudl step up huge and give Tuck the rest he needs. And what about the rest of the Dline back ups?? What the **** is Bernard and Kennedy doing?? I know they are DLs and DEs but still!! Your healthy...get your fat ****ing asses in gear and help the team out!!!</P>

Overdrive92
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm not sold on letting Tuck go. He's hurt in 100 different places this year. If he comes back healthy next year and is just as bad, then it might be time to let the ship sail.