PDA

View Full Version : Nicks Not Practicing Again

Overdrive92
09-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Per Mike Garafolo, Nicks is not in pads and isn't practicing again today. He did the jog-through, but that's it.

Today is the final practice before the Cowboys game.

Nicks insists he's playing on Wednesday, but is anyone concerned at all? 2nd day in a row of Nicks not practicing, and we need this dude to be close to full strength for Wednesday.

ebick
09-03-2012, 01:21 PM
No, not concerned.....they want him to rest that foot.....he'll play.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 01:23 PM
he did the jog thru which is basically going thru the gameplan at half speed. so he'll be alright. im not expecting him to go a ton of snaps

Moke
09-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm not concerned. Just want to rest it out a little and he'll be top notch come Wednesday

GameTime
09-03-2012, 01:32 PM
says he is playing......
done deal....
watch for him wednesday night

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
not concerned

Diamondring
09-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Don't play Nicks, don't play til next game or game after next.

EJ Blue
09-03-2012, 01:41 PM
I am concerned

not

EJ Blue
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't play Nicks, don't play til next game or game after next.Heck no. We need to win our divisional games and have the best players in the game. The Bucs and Panthers aren't nearly as important.

BParcells777
09-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Only Nicks knows how that foot really feels

I do not think we really need him until the Philly game........play him but rotate him out a lot

Overdrive92
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM

No way.

If anything, rest him against Tampa Bay where we may be able to get away without him. But not against Dallas.

Captain Chaos
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Sorry, I'm a little concered; glad that they are being consrvative with him, just hope he will be able to make it for Wednesday.

GameTime
09-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Division game.....first game of the year.....at home......SB ceremony.......The Cowboys.....

Nicks plays.....as he should

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Nicks is playing. No doubt about it

jomo
09-03-2012, 02:47 PM
No worried...........

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
its a little concerning that his foot is still hurting a bit..but hey what can ya do...

Its not a big deal that he isnt practicing weve seen worse

Plax didnt practice the entire year we won the SB...Bradshaw rarely practices and look how productive those 2 were/have been

derekunion28
09-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Division game.....first game of the year.....at home......SB ceremony.......The Cowboys.....

Nicks plays.....as he should

its a little concerning that his foot is still hurting a bit..but hey what can ya do...

Its not a big deal that he isnt practicing weve seen worse

Plax didnt practice the entire year we won the SB...Bradshaw rarely practices and look how productive those 2 were/have been

Heck no. We need to win our divisional games and have the best players in the game. The Bucs and Panthers aren't nearly as important.agree said well

Mod_C
09-03-2012, 03:25 PM

It's not like they can't take him out if they need to. He got through the Patriots game without any apparent setbacks. He said he can play through whatever pain there was so, unless something else happens, I'd like to see him on the field with Cruz for at least the first few offensive series.

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 03:50 PM
hmmm,we have always gone by the no practice, no play ... plus there's 10 days off after the game .... i hate to say, but i dont think he;s gonna play and maybe they just dont want the boys to know that for sure yet

well, Hix, Barden and Randle are pretty good, so it will be interesting

as far as Bradshaw's history of not practicing and then playing, i thought he would practice late in the week, just not in the beginning, ... could be wrong, hope im wrong

mcillo
09-03-2012, 04:45 PM
It's not like they can't take him out if they need to. He got through the Patriots game without any apparent setbacks. He said he can play through whatever pain there was so, unless something else happens, I'd like to see him on the field with Cruz for at least the first few offensive series. Yeah, he got through what little action he saw , but it`s obvious he`s not full ready. As Carl Banks said he was wincing. Wincing gets you hurt all over again.

Buddy333
09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
He knows the play book and his place in the line up is set. Let him rest as much as possible.

dave56dj
09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Just like Plax, AB and Osi in previous years they may have to come up with a plan for how he practices in the year. He may need to only go on the days they put in offense and then rest.

miked1958
09-03-2012, 04:54 PM
No, not concerned.....they want him to rest that foot.....he'll play.I think we should use a combo of Barden/RR and sit Nicks this game and TB. See how he feels for Panthers. I know it's the first game of year and it's the Cowboys. However Its only 1game of 16 or more in the season. I want him to be there for the long haul. We got phillyx2 coming up, SF, GB, NO, Steelers, Ravens, etc, etc, etc.... I wouldn't take the chance of forcing the envelope and risk losing him for the yr

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah, he got through what little action he saw , but it`s obvious he`s not full ready. As Carl Banks said he was wincing. Wincing gets you hurt all over again.

It will be up to the medical people to keep him out.

JB456
09-03-2012, 06:43 PM

Hahaha, I don't know if you took a glance at the Giants schedule but its imperative that they have fast start. If the medical staff says he is cleared to play, he needs to play.

With that being said, if he is injured, he shouldn't play. Nicks is the Giants present and future.

titwio
09-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm concerned. The Giants haven't played since last Wednesday and Nicks only played a couple of snaps. He hasn't practiced since. To me I feel concerned...It's obviously bothering him and when the Giants play this week, Nicks and Eli need to be on point...especially in and out of breaks.

I just can't imagine Nicks is just going to show up on point after all his time missed from training camp, preseason and practice up to now. Actually surprised so many people here are saying they're not concerned....hope you guys are right not to be.

stormblue
09-03-2012, 07:55 PM
hey i love the guy ......but i'm getting tired of him being hurt all the time.
keep him off until he is heeled.
he is not better than the other receivers when he is injured.
nicks is not that special , people around here think he is , but he's not.
a healthy backup is better than an injured nicks. he ain't rice or fitzgerald......get over it.

tonyt830
09-03-2012, 08:04 PM
All football players will play with some pain in the course of a season. If the medical staff has cleared him to play, then he will play. Maybe he does not get as many snaps the first game or 2, but we are deep at WR, and have full confidence that someone can spell him for some snaps when needed.

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 08:58 PM
a healthy backup is better than an injured nicks. he ain't rice or fitzgerald......get over it.

Nicks is an absolute stud and we don't win the Super Bowl without him ... in fact he may go down in Giants lore as their great WR ever ... if you are not exciting about him, then you are clearing rooting for the wrong team/sport

TheAnalyst
09-03-2012, 09:11 PM
no setback, just resting it. He is ready.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm concerned. The Giants haven't played since last Wednesday and Nicks only played a couple of snaps. He hasn't practiced since. To me I feel concerned...It's obviously bothering him and when the Giants play this week, Nicks and Eli need to be on point...especially in and out of breaks.

I just can't imagine Nicks is just going to show up on point after all his time missed from training camp, preseason and practice up to now. Actually surprised so many people here are saying they're not concerned....hope you guys are right not to be.

He has to get into a game at some point and all indications are that he's ready. He wants to play and TC has said he will get "some snaps."

Eli has been throwing to him in practice, even when he doesn't have pads on. You want your best players on the field and having Nicks opposite Cruz is as good as it gets. If he only plays one or two series, that's fine.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 09:15 PM

You might be the only one who thinks Nicks is "not that special."

JB456
09-03-2012, 10:01 PM

You realize that Nicks is a top 7 receiver in the league, right? For the sake of simplicity, just look at his 2011 regular season stats and post season numbers:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks

Nicks is a beast and every real Giants fan knows this.

Your post count should be reduced by 800 for this nonsense. This post is so bad, I'm invoking Billy Madison on your
arse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 10:21 PM
You realize that Nicks is a top 7 receiver in the league, right? For the sake of simplicity, just look at his 2011 regular season stats and post season numbers:

Your post count should be reduced by 800 for this nonsense. This post is so bad, I'm invoking Billy Madison on your
arse.

Perhaps stormblue is more a condition than a username?

JB456
09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Perhaps stormblue is more a condition than a username?

He must of had a stroke and his home healthcare, who happens to be an Eagle fan, got access to his account. Its the only explanation I can come up with. Has he been a closet troll this whole time? Either way, his credibility is completely shot

Heck, I have friends and family who are both Cowboy and Eagle fans who acknowledge that Nicks is better than ANY receiver on their team.

stormblue
09-04-2012, 05:21 AM
i'm not talking about his talent you bunch of blue -koolaid drinking idiots.
i know he's the bomb when he's healthy..... he just doesn't stay that way.
i'm gonna start callin him "nicked " instead of nicks.
i'm talking durability and longevity and consistency.
he is none of the above....as of yet.

and i'm 57 , and was raised as a giants fan , so you can ignore or chastise my
opinion of nicks all you want...

but it is unfair to attack my loyalty.i have been a giants fan for longer than most
of you have even been alive.and questioning a players toughness and ability to"suck it up and play hurt" is
my option as a fan. or any other opinion i may have about a player or coach ....it is my right and does
not make me any less of a fan just because you have a man crush on hakeem.
i don't have to be an "expert " to be a fan.and being right , wrong or disagreeing with you experts on these
boards does not reduce my love for the giants.

who among you has not admonished a player for one reason or another.
moss, plax, ross , bradshaw......always warriors.....always hurt.

anyways you experts ( you people with 4 million posts who think your opinion was handed down from the polo grounds gods - you know who you are) are the same people who attacked me for explaining why dj ware would be cut and brown and scott would remain.
well , where's my f'n apologies.....same people bumpin' yer gums in this thread.

well mark the tape again......

nicks is becoming injury prone and you can agree or disagree , but that does not give you the right
to question my loyalty as a giants fan.
now questioning my sanity is an entirely different story.

stormblue
09-04-2012, 05:59 AM
You might be the only one who thinks Nicks is "not that special."

i am also the only one who said D J Ware should and would be cut , despite all you "experts" saying his blocking
was essential for eli's safety.

albeit tongue in cheek ; your hubris is evident here RF. and i don't think i deserve it.
my point is valid , not to mention OBVIOUS .
you did see him wince and fold like a cheap tent after that catch over the middle didn't you ?

stormblue
09-04-2012, 06:07 AM

arse.

read what i wrote.
i said "i love the the guy" i'm not denying his talent .....i'm saying he is "injury prone"
there is a difference.
and 7th schmeventh .....he's not even #1 on his own team.

what a maroon .

NYG4lifeNYK
09-04-2012, 06:13 AM

LOL..... Nicks has the potential to be a top 5 receiver... you are on crack

stormblue
09-04-2012, 06:29 AM
LOL..... Nicks has the potential to be a top 5 receiver... you are on crack

i agree 100%

if he stays healthy.

so far he is injury prone.

your man-crush obviously overwhelms your objectivity.

JB456
09-04-2012, 10:38 AM
i agree 100%

if he stays healthy.

so far he is injury prone.

your man-crush obviously overwhelms your objectivity.

Listen, I may have came at you a little hard but you kind of deserved it. We are a few days away from the start of the regular season and you are disrespecting one of the MAIN players that made LAST year’s super bowl victory possible. 440 yards, over 15 yards per catch, 4 TDS in the post season. You should have chalked up that post to a senior moment and moved on.

Since you are being stubborn, now it’s time for you to list the receivers in the league you would rather have instead of Nicks. Be careful, the list better be short or you are going to make yourself look even worse than you do right now.

keyofgmen
09-04-2012, 10:50 AM
To lighten up you guys...

Should I start him in my FF this week???

GameTime
09-04-2012, 10:57 AM
i am also the only one who said D J Ware should and would be cut , despite all you "experts" saying his blocking
was essential for eli's safety.

albeit tongue in cheek ; your hubris is evident here RF. and i don't think i deserve it.
my point is valid , not to mention OBVIOUS .
you did see him wince and fold like a cheap tent after that catch over the middle didn't you ?
you were not the only one to think Ware would or should get cut so free yourself of that comment.
Also I understand what you say about Nicks but I wouldnt call him injury prone just yet. He has missed 4 games I think and has played hurt in many others. He doesnt have to be "Rice or Fitzgerald" to be a special WR for the NYG. I know you said he has talent too.
Thinking NIcks is a special WR for the Giants is not drinking blue kool aid at all.

giantsfan420
09-04-2012, 11:45 AM
is someone really trying to say nicks folds when he goes across the middle????????????? woah

stormblue
09-04-2012, 12:59 PM
is someone really trying to say nicks folds when he goes across the middle????????????? woah

never said that , said he folded because of pain on THIS PLAY http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/in_nicks_of_time_LXQe4SOiuVjJdJ5Qlpw9vJ

can you not see it on his face. although hakeem himself says it was all good.....i'm going with what i saw.
on one play.....i didn't question his toughness over the middle......i am questioning the fact that he says he is ok.

stop putting YOUR spin on on MY words "420"...... go smoke another one.

stormblue
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
you were not the only one to think Ware would or should get cut so free yourself of that comment.
Also I understand what you say about Nicks but I wouldnt call him injury prone just yet. He has missed 4 games I think and has played hurt in many others. He doesnt have to be "Rice or Fitzgerald" to be a special WR for the NYG. I know you said he has talent too.
Thinking NIcks is a special WR for the Giants is not drinking blue kool aid at all.

point taken.
i suppose "nothing special" was a poor way of putting it.

so let me recant and rephrase "when he is injured he is not "as effective" as a healthy #2 WR."

GameTime
09-04-2012, 02:06 PM
point taken.
i suppose "nothing special" was a poor way of putting it.

so let me recant and rephrase "when he is injured he is not "as effective" as a healthy #2 WR."
OK....but if Nicks is injured he has to better than an a #3 or #4. The #2 would be Cruz.
It also depends on how nicked up he is. Most players play with something weeke in and week out....

keyofgmen
09-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Questionable for tomorrow...

Eliscruzzz
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
i'm not talking about his talent you bunch of blue -koolaid drinking idiots.
i know he's the bomb when he's healthy..... he just doesn't stay that way.
i'm gonna start callin him "nicked " instead of nicks.
i'm talking durability and longevity and consistency.
he is none of the above....as of yet.

and i'm 57 , and was raised as a giants fan , so you can ignore or chastise my
opinion of nicks all you want...

but it is unfair to attack my loyalty.i have been a giants fan for longer than most
of you have even been alive.and questioning a players toughness and ability to"suck it up and play hurt" is
my option as a fan. or any other opinion i may have about a player or coach ....it is my right and does
not make me any less of a fan just because you have a man crush on hakeem.
i don't have to be an "expert " to be a fan.and being right , wrong or disagreeing with you experts on these
boards does not reduce my love for the giants.

who among you has not admonished a player for one reason or another.
moss, plax, ross , bradshaw......always warriors.....always hurt.

anyways you experts ( you people with 4 million posts who think your opinion was handed down from the polo grounds gods - you know who you are) are the same people who attacked me for explaining why dj ware would be cut and brown and scott would remain.
well , where's my f'n apologies.....same people bumpin' yer gums in this thread.

well mark the tape again......

nicks is becoming injury prone and you can agree or disagree , but that does not give you the right
to question my loyalty as a giants fan.
now questioning my sanity is an entirely different story. Did you say he is not consistent? Wow you are making you self sound dumber and dumber he has over 3000 yards in his first 3 seasons that averages out to 1000 yrds a season, he has a total of 27 TDs that is averaging 9 td a season where is he inconsistent.
He is also not injury prone like you say, he missed a total of "4 GAMES" 1 last year that's a joke man.While he might not be Fitz. he is still a top 5 wr and can put up the same or better #s then him you just come off wrong on everything you said about Nicks. You said he folds when he goes across the middle I guess you didn't watch every Giants game and especially in the SB and the Divisional rd. game against Green Bay that was the epitome of a complete wr. Every body that is a Giants fan knows this except you you should be banned from talking about Hakeem Nicks from now on.... I don't know what to say about this^.

Eliscruzzz
09-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Questionable for tomorrow...He's playing he said it a million times

GameTime
09-04-2012, 02:31 PM
He's playing he said it a million times
they still have to lable him as something tho....

Medisleman
09-04-2012, 02:55 PM

arse.

I agree with this post 100%, this guy needs a checkup from the neck up if he doesn't think Nicks is special. He is one of the best receivers in the NFL, and a SB winner so far. He is on pace for a HOF career!

stormblue
09-05-2012, 07:35 AM
hopefully , all of you that have opposed my position on this subject will prove me grossly insane in my assessment by watching him get healthy , stay healthy and turn out to be the best WR to ever play for the giants and go to the hall of fame.i certainly hope so despite my trepidation.
i have expressed my concern and all of you think i'm nuts. in this particular instance nothing would make me happier than to have to eat a mountain of crow.

time will tell.

miked1958
09-05-2012, 09:50 AM
hopefully , all of you that have opposed my position on this subject will prove me grossly insane in my assessment by watching him get healthy , stay healthy and turn out to be the best WR to ever play for the giants and go to the hall of fame.i certainly hope so despite my trepidation.
i have expressed my concern and all of you think i'm nuts. in this particular instance nothing would make me happier than to have to eat a mountain of crow.

time will tell.I know you guys were mostly talking long term on the last few posts in this thread but as for tonight... I really wish he would push his pride and being macho aside and think about the BIG PICTURE. We need him for the whole season. if he goes out there and suffers a set back then we lose him for maybe an extended time period it will be a bad deal with just Cruz being the only real threat as far as opposing D's are concerned. At least until one of the others steps up like Cruz did last season. However if Nicks if off the field for a long time cruz can expect a ton of double coverage. We need to sit him for first three games to make sure he is right all the while letting him come along slow in practice and be full tilt and ready to go by the Eagles Prime time game in week 4

Buddy333
09-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Is Nicks walking around in a boot? Any thing on twitter about how he feels?