PDA

View Full Version : NFL Rewind - JPP Blocked FG

giantsmets1
12-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Just watched NFL Rewind and noticed that when JPP blocks the FG you can hear Collingsworth or Michaels groan in disgust and disappointment at the block. I obviously didn't hear this Sunday night since I was jumping across my family room like a nut but man it is very distinguishable on NFL rewind. Collingsworth is really tough to take as a Giants fan but loved the fact that Eli and JPP gave him no choice but to compliment both of them.

TuckYou
12-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Michaels groaned, but it is pretty obvious Collinsworth hates our team. At one point he said Romo made a great play on a bad snap that only someone like Rodgers could make.... Never said anything about the horrible snaps Eli self with all game long and made great passes. He just hates. It is sad.

egyptian420
12-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Collinsworth is a worthless human.

I actually like Al Michaels up until this play. He blew off the win and the entire comeback at it's climax. He was so overly obsessed with that damn last second left on the clock that the refs were making a fuss about. Hello??? It's a f###ing FG block to win the division away at a rival's house in one of the most remarkable comebacks this season....show some f###ing enthusiasm in the play not the friggin ref and how the players need to get off the field....that was the most pathetic, ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

gmen0820
12-13-2011, 11:41 PM
boo ****ing hoo

Pakman
12-13-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't really hate either. The only thing that bothered me was when Coloinsworth was sucking off Romo on that bad snap...that **** happens every week to almost every QB lol

But he was giving JPP, Eli, and Nicks their props too.

BrianK
12-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Michaels groaned, but it is pretty obvious Collinsworth hates our team. At one point he said Romo made a great play on a bad snap that only someone like Rodgers could make.... Never said anything about the horrible snaps Eli self with all game long and made great passes. He just hates. It is sad.
??????????
Collinsworth was praising Eli at the end of the game. He said it's been a long long time since he has seen a QB play so good with so much on the line.

Overdrive92
12-14-2011, 01:00 AM
I don't think Michaels was moaning in favor of the Cowboys. He was moaning more in the kind of "Ugh, are you kidding me!?!?" kind of gesture in disbelief of what just happened.

I think Al Michael is good. Anyone who's not named Joe Buck is alright with me.

ashleymarie
12-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Did you hear how fast Collingsworth pointed out that it wasn't Jerry Jones who asked Eli to sign the wall in the new stadium. Haha. He got that out so quick.

Tonight the analysts are all banded together to say they cannot believe a team would be up 12 points and still lose. What? Have they never heard of Eli? Did they not watch the Lions come from 24 points/or 21 points, I cant remember, behind and beat the Cowboys? I question their iq sometimes.

Edited to add: I knew Eli was going to take us to the endzone after the boys went 3 and out. But I sure was getting upset with him for taking time off by not getting in the endzone until after the clock had wound down some. I knew he was going to do it, no doubt, just getting antsy to get it over the chalk.

ashleymarie
12-14-2011, 01:39 AM

I was so dismayed by that comment by Collinsworth. He used it as a lead in to tell the world that Romo played soccer, yada, in the off season.

barran21
12-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Colinsworthless sounded disgusted....

pt1028
12-14-2011, 06:17 AM
??????????
Collinsworth was praising Eli at the end of the game. He said it's been a long long time since he has seen a QB play so good with so much on the line.

I agree. Both groans were more of the fact that it happened to this kicker 2 weeks in a row after Collinsworth stated that statistically, icing the kicker does not work.

nygsb42champs
12-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Collingsworth it useless. He is horrible as a announcer.

SweetZombieJesus
12-14-2011, 08:16 AM

He noted how Romo handled a bad snap and threw a good pass and was slobbering all over him, ONLY TONY ROMO CAN MAKE THAT KIND OF THROW AFTER A BAD SNAP or something to that effect. Never mind that Eli did the same thing about 5 times more than Romo and he's dealing with a new center.

The game is on again today at 2:30 on NFLN. My recording for yesterday didn't work. So I'll see it again tonight.

RonJon
12-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Mayeb they were disappointed cause they were hoping for overtime. Keep the excitement going cause it was such a good game. I don't beleive either announcer favors one team or the other

BlueJayC
12-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Both definitely disappointed.....listen to them.......this link is courtesy of <FONT color=#ff0000>**Snappinnecks</FONT>:</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIOkgXh9S2A&amp;HD=1</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>**as he notes in the Dallas Highlights Thread....please don't post these links anywhere else except these boards, he's kind enough to post the vids for us to enjoy so for our benefit please adhere to his request.</FONT></P>

Ruttiger711
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM

He noted how Romo handled a bad snap and threw a good pass and was slobbering all over him, ONLY TONY ROMO CAN MAKE THAT KIND OF THROW AFTER A BAD SNAP or something to that effect. Never mind that Eli did the same thing about 5 times more than Romo and he's dealing with a new center.

The game is on again today at 2:30 on NFLN. My recording for yesterday didn't work. So I'll see it again tonight.

I watched it last night too - i didnt realize how effective Dallas was at keeping JPP pushed out and Jones running right inside him. I know theres a lot of focus on his good play, but i dont think teams are going to be afraid of running to his side either.

Collinsworth also noted that Eli's last drive had to be one of the best QB performances hes seen all year. Announcers over criticize and over hype both sides... its more about filling the air with something to say than having an agenda.

I can understand Michaels groan... Dallas was about to tie it up to send it to overtime which would mean MORE football in an already incredibly entertaining game. Not to mention Dallas went through nearly the identical thing a week before... i dont know, just my opinion - i dont think either guys have a love/hate either way.

Firenugget
12-14-2011, 10:08 AM
A thread about a groan now? LMAO...[:O]

Moss#83
12-14-2011, 10:32 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Al Michaels after that blocked FG. First he groaned in disgust and had me all confused by yelling "WAIT A MINUTE...." as if a flag was thrown or something important happened.

But he was getting excited over 1 second left on the clock. This guy is a clown.

BlueJayC
12-14-2011, 10:41 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Al Michaels after that blocked FG. First he groaned in disgust and had me all confused by yelling <FONT color=#ff0000 size=5>"WAIT A MINUTE...."</FONT> as if a flag was thrown or something important happened. But he was getting excited over 1 second left on the clock. This guy is a clown.</P>

Heard that and it scared the s*** out of me for a second.......</P>

Ruttiger711
12-14-2011, 10:48 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Al Michaels after that blocked FG. First he groaned in disgust and had me all confused by yelling "WAIT A MINUTE...." as if a flag was thrown or something important happened.

But he was getting excited over 1 second left on the clock. This guy is a clown.

Well the ref was waiving his arms, blowing the whistle and motion for players to get off the field and back on the sidelines. Michaels didnt know why - it was before it was clear that it was for the 1 second left - so he says "wait a minute"... whats he supposed to say?

That's what it takes to lose respect for someone?

timinator
12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I heard the groan too and was disturbed by it. I always liked Michaels butsince teaming up with Collingsworthless he been a bit annoying.

FishinTheSalt
12-14-2011, 11:04 AM
I think it's more of a groan of disbelief than groaning that he's upset that the Giants are about to win. You have to admit that it was an unbelievable block at theperfect time. It certainly made mespring out of my chair when I first saw it.Just my opinion.

Moss#83
12-14-2011, 01:14 PM

Well the ref was waiving his arms, blowing the whistle and motion for players to get off the field and back on the sidelines.* Michaels didnt know why - it was before it was clear that it was for the 1 second left - so he says "wait a minute"... whats he supposed to say?

That's what it takes to lose respect for someone?*
Yeah he said wait a minute with so much enthusiasm but the clown was only referring to the 1 second left on the clock LMAO.

He had all of us sweating bullets for no reason. The game was over and he still tells us to wait a minute?

He was pathetic last night. Just a washed up broadcaster now.

Gmen2005
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I thought he groaned because once again a time out ended the game of the cowboys.

sc_markt
12-14-2011, 04:45 PM

I agree with your view on Collinsworth and the Giants. The last time I was listening to him talk about the Giants, it was obvious he was struggling to find positive things to say about the Gmen...

JMGGIANTS
12-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't think Michaels was moaning in favor of the Cowboys. He was moaning more in the kind of "Ugh, are you kidding me!?!?" kind of gesture in disbelief of what just happened.

I think Al Michael is good. Anyone who's not named Joe Buck is alright with me.
Yep that was my perception of the moan as well.

GiantWarfare
12-14-2011, 04:59 PM
lol we fans can be too sensitive.

Trust me, Al Michaels doesn't favor a team over the other, he is a great play-by-play commentator...its his annoying partner I can't stand.

The groan was one of disbelief considering the circumstances involving the Dallas kicker from last week and the fact that a thrilling game that they were witnessing would not go to overtime.

Like a previous poster stated....really ppl? A thread over a groan?