PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 12:39 AM
yes/no? why?

gmen0820
12-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Yes because we win 2 of the next 3 because Washington is easy and we play motivated enough to win 1 of the other 2 if not both.

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 12:45 AM
Yes because we win 2 of the next 3 because Washington is easy and we play motivated enough to win 1 of the other 2 if not both.
I'm not sure just how easy they are, did you see them face NE on Sunday? Not to mention our defense is giving up the most points ever, and Grossman already lit us up in week 1.

I think we'll win as well but I think it'll be a hard fought game, like most NFCE matches.

giantsfan420
12-14-2011, 12:45 AM
yes, super bowl, eli manning.

the defense and run game improve just a little bit and eli puts us over the top. win vs dc and the jets, dallas loses to philly.

we play our last game to win but play loose. team gets another run first round home atlanta. eli torches them.

second round at new orleans, we torch them and fewell has a surprising wow defensive game plan that works.

nfccg-eli out duels rodgers last qb to have the ball wins and its eli.

superbowl- rematch vs ne.

but bottom line: eli. honestly, if the defense and run game can improve just a little, we're good bc we got eli.

the players really need to look at what eli and jpp are doing and give it there all not to waste there hard work and talent. if the other facets of the team can improve just a little, we're better than green bay even imo. they barely beat us and they played almost mistake free, got all the breaks, so lucky on a lot of plays that will go our way if our defense plays just a little better.

the defense sucked vs green bay, full out sucked, and we almost won. if the defens plays better and run game throws in a dominant performance for a few weeks, we're golden. calling it here and now just like i did in 07 after green bay loss week 2.

i been saying we're going to the super bowl again but keepin it quiet bc of the last 4 weeks, but throughout the season i've said if the defense and OL can just get there act together a little bit more, just push it a little more to get better, we're gonna be hard to beat for anyone.

12 points in 4 minutes? eli can pull us out of any situation AS LONG AS THE D AND OL DO THERE JOB

gmen0820
12-14-2011, 12:51 AM

the defense and run game improve just a little bit and eli puts us over the top. win vs dc and the jets, dallas loses to philly.

we play our last game to win but play loose. team gets another run first round home atlanta. eli torches them.

second round at new orleans, we torch them and fewell has a surprising wow defensive game plan that works.

but bottom line: eli. honestly, if the defense and run game can improve just a little, we're good bc we got eli.

the players really need to look at what eli and jpp are doing and give it there all not to waste there hard work and talent. if the other facets of the team can improve just a little, we're better than green bay even imo. they barely beat us and they played almost mistake free, got all the breaks, so lucky on a lot of plays that will go our way if our defense plays just a little better.

the defense sucked vs green bay, full out sucked, and we almost won. if the defens plays better and run game throws in a dominant performance for a few weeks, we're golden. calling it here and now just like i did in 07 after green bay loss week 2.

i been saying we're going to the super bowl again but keepin it quiet bc of the last 4 weeks, but throughout the season i've said if the defense and OL can just get there act together a little bit more, just push it a little more to get better, we're gonna be hard to beat for anyone.

12 points in 4 minutes? eli can pull us out of any situation AS LONG AS THE D AND OL DO THERE JOBEli did a great job pulling us into the playoffs the last two years.

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 12:52 AM

12 points in 4 minutes? eli can pull us out of any situation AS LONG AS THE D AND OL DO THERE JOB
I have a dream!!

I think Eli is playing the best football of his career, period. Much better than 07. But the defense on the other hand is Much worst than 07, not even playing at a fraction of that level of performance. If this defense gets their #### together in the end of this season and we make the playoffs, we got a great chance. It's all up to the defense at this point.

stormblue
12-14-2011, 12:52 AM
don't forget now....2 wins is not enough if dallas beats philly (even if they lose to tampa bay)
we would still have to win all 3.

and the cowboys will beat the eagles.

but i bELIeve we can win all 3 if the defense wakes up.

TheEnigma
12-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Yes but we don't get past the divisional round.

Why? Packers at their place with a Rodgers who keeps burning strong? Doubt it.

P_Simms_#11
12-14-2011, 12:55 AM
IMO Dallas has the easier game this week playing Tampa Bay. Redskins gave NE a run for their money. I do think it will be a win for the Giants though.

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 12:56 AM
IMO Dallas has the easier game this week playing Tampa Bay. Redskins gave NE a run for their money. I do think it will be a win for the Giants though.

True but lets not underestimate Dallas' ability to collapse, specially in December. TB and the Eagles won't lay down for them.

giantsfan420
12-14-2011, 01:09 AM
i actually think tampa wins and philly beats dallas too.

tampa just got humiliated and have a ****ty record but are a young talented team. this can be a game they build on and freeman will try to play his best and i think dallas losing to ny really will kill there morale. i said earlier in the year buddy ryan and the dallas inconsistent offense would come to a clash and collapse and i think we just jump started it...i could expect ryan to pull out a "our defense played good enough to win more than 7 games..." or something along those lines.

plus philly thrashed dallas big time and philly will be in the same situation as to where vick will play and dallas could be a good game to build on.

the talent of tampa bay is better than washington imo bc of washingtons qb situation.

the talent of philly is better than the jets imo, and the jets run a version of the ryan defense that eli just torched.

i could see dallas collapsing as soon as this week and eli goes off on washington

giantsfan420
12-14-2011, 01:14 AM
i think the offense can carry us to a win over washington while we wait to get osi and phillips back.

then when they come back it could spark the defense and they play better and tuck can play situational and we go back to the same dl formula as 07 with osi and stray oh i mean JPP starting and tuck subbing in on passing situations and rotated in alot.

hopefully they are both healthy for the jets game

ebick
12-14-2011, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

egyptian420
12-14-2011, 01:25 AM
lol I love that clip but I don't think that quiet applies here....Mora wishes he was leading his division at that moment

stormblue
12-14-2011, 01:48 AM

yup that's way back when peyton still sucked.
hard to believe there was a time when he was
still learning.
he's been tearin' it up ever since then though.

daynemustgo
12-14-2011, 09:52 AM
playoffs? Don't know

will come down to final game against Dallas which can go either way.

If they dont make the playoffs it will be because of a Ray Handleyesque defense that couldn't stop a high school team right now.

miked1958
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
</P>

Yes and we will already have a ton of pressure on us prior to even kicking off because we will be sitting in 2nd place 1/2 game out. TB Dallas game is Saturday Night. So if Dallas wins they get to sit back and watch the Skins try and Spoil our playoff hopes. </P>

miked1958
12-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes because we win 2 of the next 3 because Washington is easy and we play motivated enough to win 1 of the other 2 if not both.</P>

I would love to see our first blowout win of the season more then anyone but the Skins will not be EASY in anyway shape or form. They are eliminated. They will be playing Loose with no pressure on them. Its a division Game. They will be able to take risks they would not normally take. They would like nothing more then to throw a monkey wrench in our playoff plans and play the role of spoiler.</P>

Enough reasons why the skins our Dangerous or do you need more//</P>

Note: Even in past years when we were a bad team and had collapses we still had some blowout wins in those seasons. We have not even come close to a blowout win this season. Have not even smelled one. The main reason being the Defense not being able to stop anyone... and the games the D did hold the other team down to reasonable points ( philly twice and Pats 17pts) they offense did not put up their normal 30... so we cant seem to get on the same page and we have played 13 games. </P>

kbusch22
12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Since a Wild Card is almost a certainty not to come out of the East, the Cowboys practically have a meaningless game this week. I've played around with the Playoff Machine and it seems that for the Cowboys, it's all about Week 16 vs. the Eagles. Beating the Eagles keeps their season alive under any scenario.

I initially thought that Giant wins against the Skins and Jets coupled with 1 Dallas loss would knock them out, but it turns out the loss HAS to be to the Eagles. 2 Giants wins and a Dallas loss to the Eagles is very possible.

From the Giants' perspective - a win against the Skins this week ensures that their season stays alive through the end of the regular season no matter what. Hopefully that happens because that Jets game is going to be a tough one to predict.

miked1958
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I think the reason it has to be a loss to Philly is because if Dallas does beat us in last game to tie us again the loss to the eagles would give them a 3-3 Div Record while we would be at 4-2. Also if you go on to common opponents in NFC West and AFC East... If we beat the Jets we would be 6-2 in those games while Dallas would be 5-3

kbusch22
12-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I think the reason it has to be a loss to Philly is because if Dallas does beat us in last game to tie us again the loss to the eagles would give them a 3-3 Div Record while we would be at 4-2. Also if you go on to common opponents in NFC West and AFC East... If we beat the Jets we would be 6-2 in those games while Dallas would be 5-3

That sounds about right. So for the Cowboys, the only real perogative for them to win this week is for momentum. That and hoping that we drop our next 2 so they can potentially grab the division before the Week 17 showdown...but even that is a longshot.

kbusch22
12-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Frankly, I think the best Christmas gift ever would be everything working out the right way for the Giants to be NFC East champs before Week 17 rolls around. I'd still want the Giants playing hard, but it'd be nice to watch a game without real consequence before the big playoff game.

Not that a Giants/Cowboys game for all the marbles wouldn't be epic, but it would either end with elation or a longggggg 8 months. Pepto Bismol at the ready.

lttaylor56
12-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Frankly, I think the best Christmas gift ever would be everything working out the right way for the Giants to be NFC East champs before Week 17 rolls around. I'd still want the Giants playing hard, but it'd be nice to watch a game without real consequence before the big playoff game.

Not that a Giants/Cowboys game for all the marbles wouldn't be epic, but it would either end with elation or a longggggg 8 months. Pepto Bismol at the ready.If Philly get's Vick back and comes alive down the stretch, just to beat the Cowboy's it would be nice. At least we are in control of our own destiny. All 3 of the remaining games will be tough for us. I don't like the Jet's game at all. Our defense is giving up way too many points and we can't expect Eli & Jpp to pull off miracles every single game. I want a blistery cold, wet day for the January 1st showdown v.s the Boy's.

Mod_C
12-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes but we don't get past the divisional round.

Why? Packers at their place with a Rodgers who keeps burning strong? Doubt it.

Stay hopeful

kbusch22
12-14-2011, 12:06 PM

Not that a Giants/Cowboys game for all the marbles wouldn't be epic, but it would either end with elation or a longggggg 8 months. Pepto Bismol at the ready.If Philly get's Vick back and comes alive down the stretch, just to beat the Cowboy's it would be nice. At least we are in control of our own destiny. All 3 of the remaining games will be tough for us. I don't like the Jet's game at all. Our defense is giving up way too many points and we can't expect Eli & Jpp to pull off miracles every single game. I want a blistery cold, wet day for the January 1st showdown v.s the Boy's.

Come to think, the Jets/Eagles game this week is also important. I want their heads cut off for good. After last year's debacle, anything is possible.

miked1958
12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Frankly, I think the best Christmas gift ever would be everything working out the right way for the Giants to be NFC East champs before Week 17 rolls around. I'd still want the Giants playing hard, but it'd be nice to watch a game without real consequence before the big playoff game. Not that a Giants/Cowboys game for all the marbles wouldn't be epic, but it would either end with elation or a longggggg 8 months. Pepto Bismol at the ready.If Philly get's Vick back and comes alive down the stretch, just to beat the Cowboy's it would be nice. At least we are in control of our own destiny. All 3 of the remaining games will be tough for us. I don't like the Jet's game at all. Our defense is giving up way too many points and we can't expect Eli &amp; Jpp to pull off miracles every single game. I want a blistery cold, wet day for the January 1st showdown v.s the Boy's.</P>

Osi being back could help some without pressure from both sides of the Dline</P>

miked1958
12-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Frankly, I think the best Christmas gift ever would be everything working out the right way for the Giants to be NFC East champs before Week 17 rolls around. I'd still want the Giants playing hard, but it'd be nice to watch a game without real consequence before the big playoff game. Not that a Giants/Cowboys game for all the marbles wouldn't be epic, but it would either end with elation or a longggggg 8 months. Pepto Bismol at the ready.If Philly get's Vick back and comes alive down the stretch, just to beat the Cowboy's it would be nice. At least we are in control of our own destiny. All 3 of the remaining games will be tough for us. I don't like the Jet's game at all. Our defense is giving up way too many points and we can't expect Eli &amp; Jpp to pull off miracles every single game. I want a blistery cold, wet day for the January 1st showdown v.s the Boy's. Come to think, the Jets/Eagles game this week is also important. I want their heads cut off for good. After last year's debacle, anything is possible.</P>

True. Let them lose be eliminated and then play the role of spoilers vs Dallas</P>