PDA

View Full Version : Giants $700,000 over salary cap

Tuckit91
09-03-2012, 04:15 PM
September 3, 2012Houston, Detroit and N.Y. Giants are all roughly $700,000 over NFL's salary cap, according to league source. Houston can take their cap exception from the Redskins and Cowboys and get under the cap, but the Giants and Lions will have to make a move or restructure contracts to get under cap. They have until Wednesday to do it.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/385827?wsref=tw&code=OvK45Tv

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Houston, Detroit and N.Y. Giants are all roughly $700,000 over NFL's salary cap, according to league source. Wow well that sucks with future upcoming of signing Nicks, Cruz, JPP, and others. This worries me.

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 04:18 PM
700k isnt that much in the grand scheme of things. With 53 players thats about 11k each player...i think we can find a way to fix that.

gmen0820
09-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Boley, perhaps?

Tuckit91
09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Just ask Eli to take a $700,000 pay cut..lol

miked1958
09-03-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm more concerned about getting all these guys resigned. Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Phillips all coming up in next few yrs. maybe the new TV deal can help with that

dave56dj
09-03-2012, 04:49 PM
the 700k is for this year and will get cleared. Miked that doesnt mean our future is over the cap. Remember vets get cut all the time.

These are just options for future - not saying they will all happen.

Just some food for thought - Linval has arrived and if austin or kuhn or anyone else starts playing well there is a chance canty gets removed from the cap - or at least has to renegotiate that big pay day.

Will hill has flashed - if he shows well during the regular season he could be the heir apparent to Rolle (also a big contract) remember hill has played both saftey and nickel like rolle - not saying he is as good yet or ready just an idea for the future.

Rivers could easily take over for boley soon too (more cap space)

No need to worry right now.

Drez
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm more concerned about getting all these guys resigned. Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Phillips all coming up in next few yrs. maybe the new TV deal can help with that
The new TV deal isn't going to help anyone. The way it's structured the cap isn't going to raise much for the next 4 years.

Drez
09-03-2012, 05:05 PM
the 700k is for this year and will get cleared. Miked that doesnt mean our future is over the cap. Remember vets get cut all the time.

These are just options for future - not saying they will all happen.

Just some food for thought - Linval has arrived and if austin or kuhn or anyone else starts playing well there is a chance canty gets removed from the cap - or at least has to renegotiate that big pay day.

Will hill has flashed - if he shows well during the regular season he could be the heir apparent to Rolle (also a big contract) remember hill has played both saftey and nickel like rolle - not saying he is as good yet or ready just an idea for the future.

Rivers could easily take over for boley soon too (more cap space)

No need to worry right now.
If Rivers plays well enough to take over for Boley, then he's going to want a payday, too. And I don't see us cutting Boley during the season.

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 05:23 PM
September 3, 2012Houston, Detroit and N.Y. Giants are all roughly $700,000 over NFL's salary cap, according to league source. Houston can take their cap exception from the Redskins and Cowboys and get under the cap, but the Giants and Lions will have to make a move or restructure contracts to get under cap. They have until Wednesday to do it.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/385827?wsref=tw&code=OvK45Tv

That's actually pretty good compared to last season.

dave56dj
09-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Drez - cmon man you know me - I said for the future not mid season. And you are right rivers will want to get paid - these are just many of hundreds of things that can happen and why worrying about cap now is purposeless.

Yes it SEEMS like we will need to resign hakeem JPP and Nicks - but in the NFL you just never know.

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Wow well that sucks with future upcoming of signing Nicks, Cruz, JPP, and others. This worries me.
Osi will be off the books. So will Boley most likely and Canty might even get released at some point. T2 might also get the axe. Nicks and JPP are the priority. I expect Nicks and Cruz to make about 8-9 mil a year and JPP to get 10-12 mil a year

Drez
09-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Drez - cmon man you know me - I said for the future not mid season. And you are right rivers will want to get paid - these are just many of hundreds of things that can happen and why worrying about cap now is purposeless.

Yes it SEEMS like we will need to resign hakeem JPP and Nicks - but in the NFL you just never know.
Well, they're not going to cut Boley midseason, and even if they did, I believe his entire contract for the season is guaranteed so long as he's on the roster opening day.

Drez
09-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Osi will be off the books. So will Boley most likely and Canty might even get released at some point. T2 might also get the axe. Nicks and JPP are the priority. I expect Nicks and Cruz to make about 8-9 mil a year and JPP to get 10-12 mil a year
I don't see Boley or Canty getting cut. They may be asked to renegotiate, but I doubt they get cut.

T2 is only staying if he re-does his contract. He'll definitely be on a low guarantee, "show me" kind of contract after his most recent injury.

ozzie0075
09-03-2012, 06:51 PM
They can also reach injury settlements with T2 or Rodgers to get under cap.

dave56dj
09-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Again not midseason cuts - NOT SAYING THAT - im saying the OP was worried about next year and Im giving him alternate situations that could bring our cap way down. Canty on the hook for 8 mill boley around 6. There is certainly a chance one is asked to renegotiate or gets cut next year. Just two situations that COULD alleviate cap issues so Nicks Jpp or Cruz could get re-upped.

GameTime
09-03-2012, 09:28 PM
cant worry about the next signings. Lets the get this season started and underway. NFL teams evolve every year. Sometime more than you would like.

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 09:30 PM
how much does Petrus make? :) ... ha, but all kidding aside, we know what do, no worries

cva14
09-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Thought all teams could request an additional $1.5mm of room over the cap sometime this week.

Tmurda1984
09-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Next offseason will be a headace with the cap....who ever is staying don't worry is a nut. You have to remember, Eli restructed his salary this year and his base salary next year will be increasing. We will have alot of key players looking for new contracts....Phillips, Cruz, Nicks, etc. Next year we will be cleaning house...Im going to check out the numbers tonight.