PDA

View Full Version : Tiki has concerns about Giants....

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 03:22 PM
While some are legitimate I wish this guy would just shut up http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16661/tiki-fears-questions-about-2012-giants

Tuckit91
09-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Wow not Tiki!

Gimaniac
09-03-2012, 03:31 PM
"Some of those guys have gotten old" said the guy who is too old to unretire.

Eli TO Shockey
09-03-2012, 03:33 PM

lol.

I literally giggled when I saw the title of this thread.

B-Red22
09-03-2012, 03:45 PM
yes and i have concerns about Tiki

ChuckKnoxx
09-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Be concerned about your alimony payments ****head, don't worry about 53 guys who are doing something you never got to. Defending a title.

dave56dj
09-03-2012, 04:06 PM
TIKKKKKIIIIIII - you were a great running back - seriously one of the best all purpose players the Giants have ever had. You won games single handedly. You made what should have been negative plays into 20 yard jaunts - but CMON MAN. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM THIS FANBASE.

We all know your job is to be a fair analyst - but my god take the path of Strahan or Pierce - be as fair as possible but its ok to be loyal to your team - every other former football player is. And we get it. We get that terry was a steeler - Tom Jackson a Bronco and so on. I still love what he did for big blue on the field but the man just cannot shutup and stop knocking the gmen - AND WHILE HE DOES HAVE LEGITIMATE CLAIMS - it all just sounds so bitter and sad now. Ugh i try and remember all the players for what they did when they wore NY on their backs but its getting harder and harder with tiki - but if Ive stuck with LT (which is truly impossible ) then i guess i will try and stick with barber.

jomo
09-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Our good luck charm is doing his thing. Things are looking great for this season.

Tuckit91
09-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Our good luck charm is doing his thing. Things are looking great for this season.

Haha So very true!!

SanAntonioGiant
09-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Surprise Surprise!

Diamondring
09-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Keep it up Tiki.

Captain Chaos
09-03-2012, 04:34 PM
The last time Tiki had concerns the Giants won the SB...

Sarcasman
09-03-2012, 05:15 PM
While some are legitimate I wish this guy would just shut up http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16661/tiki-fears-questions-about-2012-giants

Who......?

JesseJames
09-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Tiki needs to stop worrying about a team and fans who no longer care about what he thinks, right now he should be more concerned about getting a job and finding a way to support 2 families...

foosball
09-03-2012, 05:38 PM
He was not overly critical in that interview. This is Tiki Barber we are talking about. He said the Giants will compete because they have strong coaching and a top experienced QB. He gave props to Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin in the same breathe. And don't go bashing on him for questioning the OL. I do that at least 3x a game. Tiki has said some ridiculous anti-Giant things, but this interview wasn't one of those examples.

GMENAGAIN
09-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I mean really . . . . does anyone give a **** about anything this guy says anymore??

SweetZombieJesus
09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Well at least he's climbing his way back up the ladder, ESPN now instead of Yoohoo sports. At this rate he'll be back on the Today Show by 2035.

joemorrisforprez
09-03-2012, 05:59 PM
He was not overly critical in that interview. This is Tiki Barber we are talking about. He said the Giants will compete because they have strong coaching and a top experienced QB. He gave props to Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin in the same breathe. And don't go bashing on him for questioning the OL. I do that at least 3x a game. Tiki has said some ridiculous anti-Giant things, but this interview wasn't one of those examples.

I agree. I thought Tiki's comments were well-reasoned.

The offensive line has aged, and injuries are a concern. He also mentioned the Giants were 9-7 last year, and 7-7 until some guys got healthy and they made their run.

Tiki also said the Giants have to still be considered top contenders, specifically because of Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin.

I understand people being harsh on Tiki, but that doesn't mean we should abandon our ability to think critically. Someone point out a comment he made in the interview that hasn't been discussed here, countless times, by us fans.

jomo
09-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I have concerns about Tiki. :)

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 06:05 PM
TIKKKKKIIIIIII - you were a great running back - seriously one of the best all purpose players the Giants have ever had. You won games single handedly. You made what should have been negative plays into 20 yard jaunts - but CMON MAN. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT FROM THIS FANBASE.

We all know your job is to be a fair analyst - but my god take the path of Strahan or Pierce - be as fair as possible but its ok to be loyal to your team - every other former football player is. And we get it. We get that terry was a steeler - Tom Jackson a Bronco and so on. I still love what he did for big blue on the field but the man just cannot shutup and stop knocking the gmen - AND WHILE HE DOES HAVE LEGITIMATE CLAIMS - it all just sounds so bitter and sad now. Ugh i try and remember all the players for what they did when they wore NY on their backs but its getting harder and harder with tiki - but if Ive stuck with LT (which is truly impossible ) then i guess i will try and stick with barber.

At least LT is just one crazy **** yet always supports the GMEN, Tiki is just like a weird metrosexual who never has anything positive to say about his former team. Big difference.

BParcells777
09-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I think Tiki's opinion is welcome. Tiki is our all time rushing leader. I believe he is more qualified than anyone on this board to evaluate our
run blocking.

Our O-line is very good at pass protection......run blocking is not yet their forte. All the Tiki hatred is mistifying. As a matter of fact, the Giants organization as a whole does not pay much attention to our former heores. I'd like to see that change, remembering all these guys are members of the Giants family.
Tiki's personal life should not be our concern.

He pointed out a football concern. Its a concern of mine too. I'd like to see us morph into a team that can threaten you with run and pass, not just air attacks alone.

He said some guys were looking old. Perhaps he's right as we have not spent a lot of recent draft or money on the O-line. They brought in Baas but for my money he is servicable at best. Then again finding good NFL grade offensive linemen is a real challenge. Also, the line coach is important. Is our offensive line real good at coaching the run? I guess time will tell.......nothing is changing right now. We have to work with what we have.

The biggest problem the Giants have is running on 3rd and short. I liked what I saw in giving the ball to the FB in pre-season. I'd like to see more of that.
That and a finely tuned screen pass.

BlueBlitzer
09-03-2012, 07:17 PM
The " Crazy Uncle Who Lives In The Attic " should never be let out. They should just slide His food underneath the door, and Delouse Him once a year.

GameTime
09-03-2012, 07:31 PM
so he suspects the oline like everyone else and their brother...
Thanks for the insight Tiki.....

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I think Tiki's opinion is welcome. Tiki is our all time rushing leader. I believe he is more qualified than anyone on this board to evaluate our
run blocking. A blind fan could evaluate our run blocking.

Our O-line is very good at pass protection......run blocking is not yet their forte. All the Tiki hatred is mistifying. As a matter of fact, the Giants organization as a whole does not pay much attention to our former heores. I'd like to see that change, remembering all these guys are members of the Giants family.
Tiki's personal life should not be our concern. If Tiki opens his mouth about us, his debacle is fair game.

He pointed out a football concern. Its a concern of mine too. I'd like to see us morph into a team that can threaten you with run and pass, not just air attacks alos. You're not the only one around that wants that to be true.

He said some guys were looking old. Perhaps he's right as we have not spent a lot of recent draft or money on the O-line. They brought in Baas but for my money he is servicable at best. Then again finding good NFL grade offensive linemen is a real challenge. Also, the line coach is important. Is our offensive line real good at coaching the run? I guess time will tell.......nothing is changing right now. We have to work with what we have. Agreed.

The biggest problem the Giants have is running on 3rd and short. I liked what I saw in giving the ball to the FB in pre-season. I'd like to see more of that.
That and a finely tuned screen pass. 3rd and short is not the only down we have issues running the ball, we are too predictable on 3rd and short, before we can actually run an effective FB dive, we need the interior O-line to move their guys out of the way. As for screen pass I believe Wilson is the key to that. We did it a few times last year to B.J. and it worked well.
Thats all I have to say about that.

Marvelousmik
09-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I like how he said the 2 superbowls we won in the last 5 years didnt come easy. is any road to a superbowl easy?

FBomb
09-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Tiki's allowed to have his opinion.......but really, who the **** cares?

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Tiki's allowed to have his opinion.......but really, who the **** cares? I love the fact that almost everyone on the BOOBTUBE, talks smack about us. It's almost like they havent figured out the secret ingredient to our success, which everyone on these boards knows is Team Unity and shutting up the haters with our "play on the field" mentality. I for one love Tiki for what he brought to our team and I would'nt be the least surprised that he states what he does on TV just to pump our guys up. But when it comes to talking smack about our coaches after you are gone....OFF LIMITS! Only the fans and the Head Office can do that.:D

FBomb
09-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I love the fact that almost everyone on the BOOBTUBE, talks smack about us. It's almost like they havent figured out the secret ingredient to our success, which everyone on these boards knows is Team Unity and shutting up the haters with our "play on the field" mentality. I for one love Tiki for what he brought to our team and I would'nt be the least surprised that he states what he does on TV just to pump our guys up. But when it comes to talking smack about our coaches after you are gone....OFF LIMITS! Only the fans and the Head Office can do that.:D

I care as much about Tiki's opinions as I do every other "expert" on the subject of the Giants. Come to think of it.....I care as much about the "experts" opinions of the Giants as I do my Chocolate Lab's. Maybe a little less.

yoeddy
09-03-2012, 09:03 PM

Wonder if he knows O'Hara, McKenzie, and Seubert aren't on the team anymore...

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Wonder if he knows O'Hara, McKenzie, and Seubert aren't on the team anymore...

I'm thinking they're not in his drinking circle.

ashleymarie
09-03-2012, 09:23 PM
"Tiki has concerns about the Giants". If that is his only concern, he is a lucky man.

gfd_2
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Be concerned about your alimony payments ****head, don't worry about 53 guys who are doing something you never got to. Defending a title.

k, I laughed out loud.

appodictic
09-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I have to say I think its time to get over Tiki. I too am a little about the o-line. Do you want him to sit around and blow smoke up your arse about how the giants cant lose?

pj18
09-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Just Tiki being Tiki. But really he wasn't too negative in this interview.

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 11:55 PM
I feel bad for Tiki no matter what anyone says he was a great Giant to me but when you have said bs things about the QB and the coach just shut it for a while cause anything that comes out of your mouth that isn't positive about the team even if it is true comes off as bitterness. I just want him to shut up make peace with the Giants coaches and Eli and come back to Giants stadium and get a standing ovation like he deserves all though many don't think of him like that I do.

BParcells777
09-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Whatever, we won the SB last year with ecentially the same players..........and the last third of the season ran the ball quite well

We cannot have all-pros at each position

BigBlue1971
09-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Tiki - lol.

why doesnt this guy just stfu. every times he mentions "Giants" his legacy decreases!

Morehead State
09-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Tiki - lol.

why doesn't this guy just stfu. every times he mentions "Giants" his legacy decreases!
You guys are like a bunch of jilted lovers for God's sake. He said nothing that hasn't been said by people here. His comment were very well reasoned.
It seems that Tiki has let it go. Now its time for you guys to as well. He a commentator on the NFL and thats his friggin job. He gave a generally very complimentary assessment of our team.
Some of you guys crack me up.

BParcells777
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
You guys are like a bunch of jilted lovers for God's sake. He said nothing that hasn't been said by people here. His comment were very well reasoned.
It seems that Tiki has let it go. Now its time for you guys to as well. He a commentator on the NFL and thats his friggin job. He gave a generally very complimentary assessment of our team.
I totally agree....everything Tiki said whe he said it was basically spot on
Eli was not the team leader he is now, Tom was struggling as a HC
2 SB's later Tiki looks foolish in retrospect, but hindsight is 20/20
Take Reese out of the equation and we might be having a totally different NY Giants experience right now
Thank God the Giants righted the ship, and lets not forget all the great games Tiki had as we wandered the wilderness

ryan12
09-04-2012, 02:28 PM
**** tiki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breviloquence
09-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm quite happy that Tiki likes to run his mouth about the Giants. It's just more motivation for the players and we always do well when he opens his big fat yapper.

bigjeep
09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I have concerns about Tiki....

Morehead State
09-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm quite happy that Tiki likes to run his mouth about the Giants. It's just more motivation for the players and we always do well when he opens his big fat yapper.
How is it exactly that he "ran his mouth"?
He gave a pretty complementary review of the Giants situation. He's a professional NFL analyst and he analyzed.

You guys are way too sensitive (yet again)

G.I. Ants
09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
It's funny how people are bashing Tiki when he didn't even say anything negative about the team. I think it is pathetic when I read so many statements of people hating on Tiki Barber for his flaws as if they don;'t have any themselves.

JesseJames
09-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I mean really . . . . does anyone give a **** about anything this guy says anymore??

thas was my point exactly, who really cares about his opinion...

Morehead State
09-04-2012, 09:22 PM
thas was my point exactly, who really cares about his opinion...
Evidentally some especially bitter fans are hanging on his every word.

BigBlue1971
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM

i think hes angry cuz he didnt win a superbowl! he will always have something to say about the Giants most times negative cuz he dosent have the ring!

i dont believe hes let anything go. his job is the perfect opportunity to diss the Giants! hes Curt Warner on steriods.

Harooni
09-04-2012, 11:40 PM
The team does well when called out. Eli and some others sort of needs this imo. thank Tiki

Harooni
09-04-2012, 11:42 PM
It's funny how people are bashing Tiki when he didn't even say anything negative about the team. I think it is pathetic when I read so many statements of people hating on Tiki Barber for his flaws as if they don;'t have any themselves.
well said. many people throwing stones in the blue glass house

BlueSanta
09-05-2012, 03:03 AM
I bashed Tiki back when he originally said dumb things, this isnt the same. He isnt expressing anything many posters here on these forums have expressed in recent months.

Every team has concerns, bringing them up is not being a traitor.

Rat_bastich
09-05-2012, 03:23 AM
This is comparatively mild for Tiki and I don't see any bashing on his part. He is pointing out legitimate questions and concerns but still says the Giants should be ranked up near the top because of experience. I'm not getting the criticism of his comments.

GCGiant
09-05-2012, 06:11 AM
How is it exactly that he "ran his mouth"?
He gave a pretty complementary review of the Giants situation. He's a professional NFL analyst and he analyzed.

You guys are way too sensitive (yet again)

I would have to question who is really being way too sensitive. It seems that people ragging on Tiki has hit a nerve with you...no?

Morehead State
09-05-2012, 08:28 AM
I would have to question who is really being way too sensitive. It seems that people ragging on Tiki has hit a nerve with you...no?
I'm just not sure what everybody is upset about. His analysis what very objective and generally complimentary. Why would anyone be upset over what he said?
I think Tiki is a dope, but the notion that an NFL analyst should not analyze is rediculous. The guy simply said nothing wrong. I just don't see the "running of his mouth" in those comments.
Can you?

GCGiant
09-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm just not sure what everybody is upset about. His analysis what very objective and generally complimentary. Why would anyone be upset over what he said?
I think Tiki is a dope, but the notion that an NFL analyst should not analyze is rediculous. The guy simply said nothing wrong. I just don't see the "running of his mouth" in those comments.
Can you?

No...I don't think he said anything to be upset about...this time. Actually, he was pretty spot-on with his analysis. The problem is that he set himself up to be ridiculed by NYG fans with his premature retirement, ill-advised comments about former teammates and coaches, problems with personal life, etc., so, no matter what he say from this point forward there are going to be those who will react negatively towards him.

StrahanTheMan
09-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I've got 10$ that says Tiki is doing some kind of professional wrestling before the year is out.

Morehead State
09-05-2012, 09:25 AM
No...I don't think he said anything to be upset about...this time. Actually, he was pretty spot-on with his analysis. The problem is that he set himself up to be ridiculed by NYG fans with his premature retirement, ill-advised comments about former teammates and coaches, problems with personal life, etc., so, no matter what he say from this point forward there are going to be those who will react negatively towards him.
First of all a guy can retire nay time he wants. Its his life. That never bothered me. What bothered me about Tiki was his ego centric attitude that he was going to be the next "Dan Rather" and his betraying of locker room confidence regarding Eli. Along with his treatment of his wife.
But that isn't the issue here. Itys the notion that he actually said something inappropriate here and he should just shut the hell up. I disagree with that. I am glad to consider the content of his remarks as they pertain to the Giants. I think he was essentially right. I can't worry about the private lives of commentators on TV. He didn't kill anybody for God's sake.
He was a great football player and played his *** off for us for 10 years. And BTW, saved TC's job with his tremendous performance in 2006.
He's a dope. But he was a great Giant.