PDA

View Full Version : Our Team is in trouble

tt24
12-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.

The Four men listed are the New York Giants. There is no other player that effects the games any more than a referee right now. Justin Tuck has been awful, and is completely overshadowed by JPP. Teams are doubling, and even tripling JPP, and our former glory boy can't even get close to the QB. I thought he was an all around player. The shouldn't he be good in run support, not a liability? And do not get me started on the offensive line. Our Line is probably the worst ever assembled by an NFL team.

We have won this game against Dallas because of the 4 previously mentioned players. Others helped, most notably Ballard. But we won mostly in spite of horrible play by 75% of the starters. Yes, I am ecstatic to have this win under our belt. However, we must improve soon, before our impending doom is upon us. We ride high now, with Eli playing as perhaps the second best quarterback in the NFL. But in a moment that could end. And what could we rely on? The 32nd best rushing game in the NFL. The 27th defense. I beg to differ. So even if we get deep into the playoffs. Even if we have another super bowl ring after this year. Large reform is needed. All over. In the front office, and on the depth chart.

Overdrive92
12-14-2011, 01:01 AM
If the defense continues to play like crap, we're not doing anywhere.

We may have beat the Cowboys, but it doesn't excuse the piss poor D, especially by the secondary. They have to get better. Our secondary is loaded with 1st round picks (Rolle, Phillips, Ross, Amukamara) and 2nd round picks (Grant, Webster). I cannot figure out why the heck they are playing so poorly.

TheEnigma
12-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.Don't forget Steve Weatherford. He's punted the opposing teams behind their 10 yard quite a few times this season. Heck, JPP wouldn't of had a safety against Dallas if Dodge was punting for us still.

dave56dj
12-14-2011, 02:27 AM
Sarcasm font -

Sure jake ballard has done nothing - petrus has not filled in well and neither has boothe, kiwi hasnt taken on his LB roll with an amazingly professional attitude despite being an end - webster did not shut down some big time wide outs, the coverage units didnt get better, linval has not started turning into a nice d tackle, osi does not have 7 sacks in 8 gamnes and beatty didnt take strides to becoming a nice tackle at all. AND for all those killing Tuck the guy is very badly hurt - get over it.

This is all sarcasm - if you really think only 4 guys have been a factor you just dont know the game at all. If this were really the case the giants would be 0-13. It takes stars, role players, guys with intangibles and backups to make a team.

NYGFaninILL
12-14-2011, 03:01 AM
Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.

The Four men listed are the New York Giants. There is no other player that effects the games any more than a referee right now. Justin Tuck has been awful, and is completely overshadowed by JPP. Teams are doubling, and even tripling JPP, and our former glory boy can't even get close to the QB. I thought he was an all around player. The shouldn't he be good in run support, not a liability? And do not get me started on the offensive line. Our Line is probably the worst ever assembled by an NFL team.

We have won this game against Dallas because of the 4 previously mentioned players. Others helped, most notably Ballard. But we won mostly in spite of horrible play by 75% of the starters. Yes, I am ecstatic to have this win under our belt. However, we must improve soon, before our impending doom is upon us. We ride high now, with Eli playing as perhaps the second best quarterback in the NFL. But in a moment that could end. And what could we rely on? The 32nd best rushing game in the NFL. The 27th defense. I beg to differ. So even if we get deep into the playoffs. Even if we have another super bowl ring after this year. Large reform is needed. All over. In the front office, and on the depth chart.

Large Reform is needed?

Ok, Reese, Fewell and Gilbride are not going ANYWHERE...

You do realize that we have had over 10 different starters out on defense at one point or another?. 10!!!! Bit to mention an offseason that lasted one month!!

We should be so lucky to be in the position that were in right now!! Look at the rams and jags, one of the only two teams to have more defensive players on the ir; there 2-11 and 4-9 each. AND WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A ****ING PLAYOFF RACE!!!!

And you think that all of our success is due to 4 people!?!?!?

You are so wrong. It was the defense that got a stop with 2:21 in the game to give Eli the ball back. It was the defense that held the Eagles, a potent division rival to under 17 points both times. It was the defense that held the Patriots, one of the most fearsome offensives of our generation to a whopping 20 points.

It wasn't just JPP by himself. Yes the defense did break down in games, but with a depleated defense already, we should be happy to be in first place with 3 games to go.

laihovalo9
12-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Boley shut down Witten to only 12 yards.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-14-2011, 03:37 AM
Webster locks down any receiver he matches up against week after week & you forgot to include him? I feel bad for Webster... he's surrounded by bums

Captain Chaos
12-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Webster locks down any receiver he matches up against week after week & you forgot to include him? I feel bad for Webster... he's surrounded by bums

Except against the saints and cowboys and....

We have a terrible D scheme....

GMENAGAIN
12-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Look, we all know that our defense is horrid and, at Week 15, is not likely to get better. It's impossible to imagine making a championship run with this defense.</P>

That being said, we have a QB that is playing at a very high level and has been able to keep us in every game but one. He gives us achance to win every game ( I think that the only place where we have ZERO chance of winning is in New Orleans), and never gives up. If nothing else, this team has been competitive and exciting (except for the Saints game) all season long, win lose or draw. </P>

Why not recognize this team for what it is and sit back and enjoy the ride on Eli's shoulders???</P>

Mod_C
12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
<font color="#0000FF">Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.</font>

What we just can't seem to come to turns is that what was the case for decades, a dominant defense, is no longer what wins our games. Now we have gone 180 degrees to an offensive, point scoring team that drags the defense into the winners circle. It's just how it is. In fairness to the defense, the injuries to starters and some of their replacements has been too much to overcome. Yet, when it matters most, JPP, and a few others, have managed to get a sack, block a field goal, intercept a pass.

Get used to seeing this for the rest of the year, into the playoffs. Can we win in a shoot out? Yes, because we have before and Eli and his receivers, while still improving, setting records left and right. As of two weeks ago, we also have a resurgent Oline that has opened up the running game and given us respectable rushing numbers down the stretch.

All is not lost, there is always hope as long as Eli is on the field and if you don't believe that you've just been absent.

Redeyejedi
12-14-2011, 09:31 AM
If the defense continues to play like crap, we're not doing anywhere. We may have beat the Cowboys, but it doesn't excuse the piss poor D, especially by the secondary. They have to get better. Our secondary is loaded with 1st round picks (Rolle, Phillips, Ross, Amukamara) and 2nd round picks (Grant, Webster). I cannot figure out why the heck they are playing so poorly.Draft position effects salary and the length of a leash u have. It doesnt mean anything once the games start. Reality is Ross is a 4th corner.Rolle is an overrated player been saying it since the day he was signed.He was beat in coverage in Arizona and he is beat here.The only difference is when he was in Arizona he made splash plays.Phillips is a decent player but he isnt a game changer and he is one dimensional. Amukumara had zero time with the team. I had a feeling he would really struggle and everyone on this board would turn on him.I expect him to be raked over the coals all off season.Im sure "Thats why he fell to the Giants" will be written a 100 times.He is a good player but there asking a lot from him.Grant at this point of his career cant be playing deep and with the injuries they have no choice. Webster is the best player in the secondary.He is the only corner the Giants have that I dont feel is being over matched almost every time he steps onto the field

JJC7301
12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
If the defense continues to play like crap, we're not doing anywhere. We may have beat the Cowboys, but it doesn't excuse the piss poor D, especially by the secondary. They have to get better. Our secondary is loaded with 1st round picks (Rolle, Phillips, Ross, Amukamara) and 2nd round picks (Grant, Webster). I cannot figure out why the heck they are playing so poorly.</P>

No just that, but exluding Prince (Rookie) and Grant (age?), those others you listed have had very good careers or at least some positive years at one time or another. And don't forget TT! We can talk about this year, but the secondary was not lights-out last year either regardless of their take-aways. And I'm tired of hearing about injuries. How often is a unit going make it through an entire NFL season without at least 1 major injury for the year? TT's out for this year and the secondary stinks. KP was out a few years ago and the secondary stunk. Aren't you at least supposed to be able to fill in a hole at least adequately? </P>

I don't want to hear about injuries anymore. It's the FO's job to find depth for the team, and the coaches job to prepare that acquired talent to fill-in when needed. Somebody(s) not doing their job(s).</P>

SIMMS5611
12-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Other teams would've folded.</P>

Sure the Giants lost some easy games. They've BLOWN easy games. But they're still in the hunt.</P>

And the one thing about the "mediocre" New York Giants is that they, unlike many middle of the road teams, have shown in addition to being able to be beaten by some horrible teams, have also shown that at any given time, they can not only compete with, but defeat any team.</P>

As a fan, it's nervewrecking, b/c you never know what Giants team is gonna show up...</P>

Is it the trainwreck, or is it the Destroyer?</P>

Heartbreaking at times, awesome at others, one thing this team has been this season is captivating.</P>

I'm onboard, &amp; all in. GO BIG BLUE!!!</P>

tt24
12-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Sarcasm font -

Sure jake ballard has done nothing - petrus has not filled in well and neither has boothe, kiwi hasnt taken on his LB roll with an amazingly professional attitude despite being an end - webster did not shut down some big time wide outs, the coverage units didnt get better, linval has not started turning into a nice d tackle, osi does not have 7 sacks in 8 gamnes and beatty didnt take strides to becoming a nice tackle at all. AND for all those killing Tuck the guy is very badly hurt - get over it.

This is all sarcasm - if you really think only 4 guys have been a factor you just dont know the game at all. If this were really the case the giants would be 0-13. It takes stars, role players, guys with intangibles and backups to make a team.If you were to read correctly, you would realize i stated that others factored in as well. I simply stated that those 4 players are our bread and butter. They are the key contributers that keep this team churning. Of course we need our Ballards, our Kiwis, our Quains. But they are only contributers. At this point, if Eli has a poor game, we lose. If Hakeem has a poor game, we lose. And so on. If Ballard plays good, it will help, but it doesn't mean we will win. You all take me as your common run of the mill Giant Smasher. I tried to avoid this by posting it after a win, but no matter, it is not true. I love these Giants and I am no radical man of change. No, Reese should not go anywhere. No, Coughlin probably won't either. However our schemes both offensively and defensively are irrational and much be changed. So I am not a "fire everyone!" poster. I am simply an improve now, or crumple later poster. Thank you for those who agree with me, and for those who don't... if proper change does not come soon, this team will be in the basket. And before long you all will be living it up with Fireman Ed

NYG4lifeNYK
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Webster locks down any receiver he matches up against week after week &amp; you forgot to include him? I feel bad for Webster... he's surrounded by bums

Except against the saints and cowboys and....

We have a terrible D scheme....

He shut Dez down completely. Aside from that miscommunication where we have no idea whose fault the blown coverage was on Dez TD.

Webster is having a terrific year once again &amp; it goes unnoticed because the rest of the defense is playing like ****... still SO UNDERRATED

RoanokeFan
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
<font color="#0000FF">Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.</font>

What we just can't seem to come to terms with is that what was the case for decades, a dominant defense, is no longer what wins our games. Now we have gone 180 degrees to an offensive, point scoring team that drags the defense into the winners circle. It's just how it is. In fairness to the defense, the injuries to starters and some of their replacements has been too much to overcome. Yet, when it matters most, JPP, and a few others, have managed to get a sack, block a field goal, intercept a pass.

Get used to seeing this for the rest of the year, into the playoffs. Can we win in a shoot out? Yes, because we have before and Eli and his receivers, while still improving, setting records left and right. As of two weeks ago, we also have a resurgent Oline that has opened up the running game and given us respectable rushing numbers down the stretch.

All is not lost, there is always hope as long as Eli is on the field and if you don't believe that you've just been absent.

G4L
12-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul. The Four men listed are the New York Giants. There is no other player that effects the games any more than a referee right now. Justin Tuck has been awful, and is completely overshadowed by JPP. Teams are doubling, and even tripling JPP, and our former glory boy can't even get close to the QB. I thought he was an all around player. The shouldn't he be good in run support, not a liability? And do not get me started on the offensive line. Our Line is probably the worst ever assembled by an NFL team. We have won this game against Dallas because of the 4 previously mentioned players. Others helped, most notably Ballard. But we won mostly in spite of horrible play by 75% of the starters. Yes, I am ecstatic to have this win under our belt. However, we must improve soon, before our impending doom is upon us. We ride high now, with Eli playing as perhaps the second best quarterback in the NFL. But in a moment that could end. And what could we rely on? The 32nd best rushing game in the NFL. The 27th defense. I beg to differ. So even if we get deep into the playoffs. Even if we have another super bowl ring after this year. Large reform is needed. All over. In the front office, and on the depth chart.</P>

So we have 4 guys that play exceptionally well and carry our team to victory, while some other players contribute on a regular basis, and the rest are average? Sounds like the formula for a playoff contender. Do you expect a team where all the starters make the Pro Bowl?</P>

tt24
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul. The Four men listed are the New York Giants. There is no other player that effects the games any more than a referee right now. Justin Tuck has been awful, and is completely overshadowed by JPP. Teams are doubling, and even tripling JPP, and our former glory boy can't even get close to the QB. I thought he was an all around player. The shouldn't he be good in run support, not a liability? And do not get me started on the offensive line. Our Line is probably the worst ever assembled by an NFL team. We have won this game against Dallas because of the 4 previously mentioned players. Others helped, most notably Ballard. But we won mostly in spite of horrible play by 75% of the starters. Yes, I am ecstatic to have this win under our belt. However, we must improve soon, before our impending doom is upon us. We ride high now, with Eli playing as perhaps the second best quarterback in the NFL. But in a moment that could end. And what could we rely on? The 32nd best rushing game in the NFL. The 27th defense. I beg to differ. So even if we get deep into the playoffs. Even if we have another super bowl ring after this year. Large reform is needed. All over. In the front office, and on the depth chart.</P>

So we have 4 guys that play exceptionally well and carry our team to victory, while some other players contribute on a regular basis, and the rest are average?* Sounds like the formula for a playoff contender.* Do you expect a team where all the starters make the Pro Bowl?</P>Perhaps, for now. But as I said previously, we can only be successful if all 4 play to their potential. If any one of them under preforms you can chalk up the loss immediately.

TroyArcher
12-14-2011, 07:59 PM
The O-line has been pretty good the past few eeks. Boley has had a good year. Webster has been very good. Ballard, Bradshaw and even Jacobs jave had good games. Tynes has had a real good year. Lenval Joseph has played well.

Overdrive92
12-14-2011, 08:23 PM
The O-line has been pretty good the past few eeks. Boley has had a good year. Webster has been very good. Ballard, Bradshaw and even Jacobs jave had good games. Tynes has had a real good year. Lenval Joseph has played well.

The key word there is had. "Well they had a good game here and there..." is not going to cut it. We need them to show up every week, or almost every week. Jacobs had one good game this season. The other 12 he's been nearly miserable. He's not off the chop block just because he had one good game.

tt24
12-14-2011, 08:43 PM

The key word there is had. "Well they had a good game here and there..." is not going to cut it. We need them to show up every week, or almost every week. Jacobs had one good game this season. The other 12 he's been nearly miserable. He's not off the chop block just because he had one good game.Finally! It's good to know I have support on this