PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys' Ware says Giants' Kiwanuka needs to 'walk the walk'

Tuckit91
09-03-2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057853/article/demarcus-ware-adds-to-war-of-words-between-cowboys-giants?module=HP11_headline_stack

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
ummm...... we did twice last year Ware needs to tell his cornerback that.

JesseJames
09-03-2012, 06:13 PM
whats going on with all these cowboys running their mouths all of the sudden, first it was Jerry Jones and then it was Garret then it was Romo and now one of their CBs is saying something about our WRs...and Demarcus Ware taking smack to Kiwi..

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 06:15 PM
whats going on with all these cowboys running their mouths all of the sudden, first it was Jerry Jones and then it was Garret then it was Romo and now one of their CBs is saying something about our WRs... I know right talk about walking the walking

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Who is this Ware guy again? Is that the guy who basically gets sacks by stat padding against bad teams and then fails to perform in the big time? No wait that's Romo... No wait.. that's both of them.

gmen0820
09-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Media twisting words again

NYKiller
09-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Who is this Ware guy again?

That guy is a BEAST. It seems like this guy sack Eli in every game against the Giants. I can't remember the last time I didn't saw him sack Eli in a Cowboy vs. Giants game.

ashleymarie
09-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Ware is a LB, fast and a beast, has been a bee in our bonnet for awhile now. It seemed last season he slowed down a bit. Can't count on that tho.

Captain Chaos
09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Trying to talk themselves into believing that they are the better team. Get out there and put a score a two up and they might just fold!

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 06:37 PM
That guy is a BEAST. It seems like this guy sack Eli in every game against the Giants. I can't remember the last time I didn't saw him sack Eli in a Cowboy vs. Giants game.

I mean he gets sacks.. Mostly coverage sacks. I just never see Ware dominating a game like JPP. He gets 2 or 3 pressures a game and usually comes up with the sack on a pressure, but other than that he's a non factor.

giantsfan420
09-03-2012, 06:41 PM
wait, someone from the cowboys is actually telling someone from the giants that he needs to walk the walk? am I the only one who thinks this is backwards

VBGiantsFan
09-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I mean he gets sacks.. Mostly coverage sacks. I just never see Ware dominating a game like JPP. He gets 2 or 3 pressures a game and usually comes up with the sack on a pressure, but other than that he's a non factor.

Ware is a beast, no harm in admitting it. That being said, all this Cowboys talk is because Rob Ryan is there. He like his brother love trash talk and love their players talking (see the Jets). It a culture he brought to the locker room and front office it seems.

FBomb
09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
whats going on with all these cowboys running their mouths all of the sudden, first it was Jerry Jones and then it was Garret then it was Romo and now one of their CBs is saying something about our WRs...and Demarcus Ware taking smack to Kiwi..

Idiocy begets idiocy.

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Clearly a cowboys fan

CowboysSuck
09-03-2012, 07:03 PM
bad grammer, ( ny killer?) and its a GIANTS-Cowboys game, not a Cowboys- Giants game ;)

the-wild-healer
09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Lol on the comments about Ware here. You guys need take your homer glasses off :lmao:

and is this Kiwi guy even important to the Superbowl wins. I cant remember ever hearing his name in games against Dallas or other Giants games I've watched.

NYKiller
09-03-2012, 07:10 PM
bad grammer, ( ny killer?) and its a GIANTS-Cowboys game, not a Cowboys- Giants game ;)

LOL, you looking for bad grammar in my statement on a message board? I prefer Giants and Cowboys game if it's that important to you. You should try using periods it does wonders. Anyway, I was giving Ware RESPECT, and does who also mentioned that Ware is a beast is also doing the same. Even a 6 year old who can read can figure out what I'm trying to say. Get a life!

NYKiller
09-03-2012, 07:11 PM

LOL, you are looking for bad grammar in my statement on a message board? I prefer Giants and Cowboys game if it's that important to you. You should try using periods it does wonders. Anyway, I was giving Ware RESPECT, and does who also mentioned that Ware is a beast is also doing the same. Even a 6 year old who can read can figure out what I'm trying to say. Get a life!

NYKiller
09-03-2012, 07:13 PM

LOL, you are looking for bad grammar in my statement on a message board? I prefer Giants and Cowboys game if it's that important to you. You should try using periods it does wonders. Anyway, I was giving Ware RESPECT, and those who also mentioned that Ware is a beast is also doing the same. Even a 6 year old who can read can figure out what I'm trying to say. Get a life!

dave56dj
09-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Ware is one of if not the best defensive player in the game - at least top 5 - two 19 plus sack years in the past 5 - more sacks in the last 7 since the GREAT reggie whit and you think he is getting coverage sacks - WOW. No harm in admitting the cowboys have talent too. We have two ring since 07 no need to be blind to other teams strengths we've overcome it before.

And I have lauded JPP like no one else - heres one last look.

16.5 sacks is a stats tuck or osi have yet to come close too.
86 tackles from an end is unheard of - not even the great HOF strahan came close.
10 batted balls is more then some teams last year.
the fg block is like a bad hollywood script.

But no reason not give ware his props too - the man is a great player.

ashleymarie
09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Lol on the comments about Ware here. You guys need take your homer glasses off :lmao:

and is this Kiwi guy even important to the Superbowl wins. I cant remember ever hearing his name in games against Dallas or other Giants games I've watched.

Turn the volume to "on". :D

Eliscruzzz
09-03-2012, 07:16 PM

and is this Kiwi guy even important to the Superbowl wins. I cant remember ever hearing his name in games against Dallas or other Giants games I've watched.Talk about being a homer... the point is Ware shouldn't be saying s*** since he hasn't won ANYTHING in the time he's been in the NFL

Rudyy
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Turn the volume to "on". :D well played haha

GameTime
09-03-2012, 07:22 PM
mehhhh......doesnt mean squat. These guys go back and forth all the time. Really nothing to get excited about at all......other than Wednesday night anyway....;)
GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 07:30 PM
wait, someone from the cowboys is actually telling someone from the giants that he needs to walk the walk? am I the only one who thinks this is backwards

Likes this

SweetZombieJesus
09-03-2012, 07:39 PM
I can't remember the last time I didn't saw him sack Eli in a Cowboy vs. Giants game.

When it mattered...

tonyt830
09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
sounds like some homer fans are upset about typical rival comments/smack talk before a game. Now while I agree that Ware has not won a ring yet, he is still 1 of the top 5 to 10 linebackers in the league.

Football is still a team sport. Not 1 player can win a Superbowl on his own.

I look forward to Wednesday night. Ware will do his job to the best of his ability, but if the rest of his teammates don't pick up their slack, it will be another W for our Giants!

BigBlue1971
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
from the owner down why are these cowboys so preoccupied with the Giants?

i guess its because we have something they want!

you cant talk about it Ware you gotta perform!

Joe Morrison
09-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Little late on this one but I believe I heard on Sirius that Ware has only 2 Sacks lifetime on Eli, maybe 4, but it was pretty pitiful for 4 or 5 seasons.

Marvelousmik
09-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Ware is a LB, fast and a beast, has been a bee in our bonnet for awhile now. It seemed last season he slowed down a bit. Can't count on that tho.

ware had 19.5 sacks last year

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 08:56 PM

Isn't that what JPP had?

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 08:58 PM

He slowed down after week 4 as he always does. Had 7 sacks in 4 weeks.. Then had 6 combined sacks against the Eagles. Rest of the games he was pretty irrelevant. He was pretty irrelevant against the Eagles as well. He gets sacks... But he isn't a game changer. He gets sacks at times when they don't really matter. 3rd and 25... 3rd and 10 when his team is up big or down big. Ware has never really been a game changer. Just a stat guy. Like last year I was shocked when I read he had 19.5 sacks. I watched a lot of Dallas games. His impact was minimal at best. People tend to overhype the word superstar. Superstars are game changers. Guys like JPP and Troy Polamalu are super stars. They can steal games for a team. Ware is just a stat star.

GMan-67
09-03-2012, 09:00 PM
ha, Ware almost quit the sport for a minor injury that i don't even remember hearing about ... Kiwi's had some serious injuries and has never comtemplated quittting to my knowledge ... so while Ware might be better, he's clearly not tougher

OX1
09-03-2012, 09:03 PM
from the owner down why are these cowboys so preoccupied with the Giants?

Rex called his brother and said.
"Well, it will have to be your guys who talk CRAP this year, because I just look silly saying anything at this point"

jimmie ray
09-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I hear his name, and think "Dirty Player" - but researching the internet says he's not ranked as such. I guess he does the same tactics as Kiwi, and I'm biased, then...

TheAnalyst
09-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Walking the walk is hard with 2 superbowl rings as heavy as the ones Kiwi has.

And if I remember correctly, Ware had some bad offsides penalties against us last year to help us beat his team.

GameTime
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Ware is a good straight up player. So he said some stuff that really doesnt mean much at all.......
no issue at all....

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Ware is a good straight up player. So he said some stuff that really doesnt mean much at all.......
no issue at all....

That's right. he is a good player. A good piece to have. He is far from a great impact player.

The_ One
09-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Kiwi 2 SB rings, Ware 0 SB rings, enough said.

the-wild-healer
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Talk about being a homer... the point is Ware shouldn't be saying s*** since he hasn't won ANYTHING in the time he's been in the NFL

Game is a team sport buddy, not a one player sport like some make it sound.

Giants5699
09-03-2012, 09:48 PM
I am a Giants homer. There isn't anything wrong with that on this board. I love my team and hate their rivals. I am biased towards the Giants... and in my book, there isn't anything wrong with that ;)

alentown pa
09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Kiwi walked the walk in the regular season finale against dallas last season...did you see how well he played against the run? he was blowing plays up...**** ware

RoanokeFan
09-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I am a Giants homer. There isn't anything wrong with that on this board. I love my team and hate their rivals. I am biased towards the Giants... and in my book, there isn't anything wrong with that ;)

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Manstache
09-03-2012, 10:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057853/article/demarcus-ware-adds-to-war-of-words-between-cowboys-giants?module=HP11_headline_stack

"walk the walk"?? tell that loser to check kiwi's knuckles.

jimmie ray
09-04-2012, 05:32 AM
So let it be written, so let it be done!

Let the name of Ware be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument. Let the name of Ware be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.

gumby74
09-04-2012, 09:46 AM

We need more like you. There are far too many that are "homers" that think they're objective.

davepc
09-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Ware is one of the best players in the NFL, but Kiwi was walked the walk twice, winning two championships.

Roswell777
09-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Ware is an impact player. He's one of the best defensive players in football. I'm as as big a Giant fan as the next guy, but to say Ware is not a great player is just ridiculous.

GreenZone
09-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Just have a look at the interview with him on the NFL Channel...

DeMarcus Ware one on onehttp://i.nflcdn.com/static/site/4.5/img/videos-v2/play-button-carousel.png (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000057785/DeMarcus-Ware-one-on-one)

It's amazing how Kiwi's response when questioned about Jerry Jones' inane comment about whooping the Giants became a "trash talk" item in itself.

It's kind of shocking, yet not totally unexpected how much he emphasizes his own stats and becoming recognized as the player of the year, as opposed to team goals or making his fellow players better.

This is so much the mark of the difference between the two teams. It's also indicative of the coaching and the culture of the Cowboys right now.

GameTime
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Ware is a great player no doubt. Kiwi has his moments on the Giants and has remained flexible his whole career with them. Neither of what these guys said was or shoudl be considered trrash talk at all. Its amazes me how some of you get all lit up about inocuous.
What JJ said can be considered trash talk but Kiwis comments were not bad and certainly what Ware said was totally low key...

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
For all the people in this thread with their panties in a bunch... here is the quote.

"When you think about when players talk, you got to walk the walk," Ware said in response to Giants linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka's comments to a New York radio station that the Giants have been "whupping" Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for a long time.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
"Every year starts off as a different year," Ware continued. "You got to get out there and do the same thing over and over again and be consistent. You know, this year we're a different team and we're going to see how it pans out this year."

I have not watched the video since I'm at work, so there could be more to it that I'm missing, but so far it looks like the media has baited the anxious minded again.

Marvelousmik
09-04-2012, 12:28 PM
For all the people in this thread with their panties in a bunch... here is the quote.

"When you think about when players talk, you got to walk the walk," Ware said in response to Giants linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka's comments to a New York radio station that the Giants have been "whupping" Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for a long time.

"Every year starts off as a different year," Ware continued. "You got to get out there and do the same thing over and over again and be consistent. You know, this year we're a different team and we're going to see how it pans out this year."

I have not watched the video since I'm at work, so there could be more to it that I'm missing, but so far it looks like the media has baited the anxious minded again.

I watched the video on NFL.com. The media hyped this one up.. Ware earlier on in the video said the same thing about your defensive coach when asked why isnt he talking as much this year.

GameTime
09-04-2012, 12:34 PM

I agree...its all BS as far as trash talk.....

Ware is a great player no doubt. Kiwi has his moments on the Giants and has remained flexible his whole career with them. Neither of what these guys said was or shoudl be considered trrash talk at all. Its amazes me how some of you get all lit up about inocuous.
What JJ said can be considered trash talk but Kiwis comments were not bad and certainly what Ware said was totally low key...

Marvelousmik
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM

I'm not sure how the media continues to do it though. I thought by now people would catch on. A player would make a simple comment such as "at the end of the day you have to go out there and play the game, thats why i dont talk much". Next thing you know, there is a title on the NFL.com "WARE TAKES SHOT AT GIANTS!!". Its getting old but people keep falling for it

BeatYale
09-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Who is this Ware guy again? Is that the guy who basically gets sacks by stat padding against bad teams and then fails to perform in the big time? No wait that's Romo... No wait.. that's both of them.

He's the guy we have a hard time blocking. Eli sure as hell knows who he is because he's the one who injured Eli's arm in 2007.

GameTime
09-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure how the media continues to do it though. I thought by now people would catch on. A player would make a simple comment such as "at the end of the day you have to go out there and play the game, thats why i dont talk much". Next thing you know, there is a title on the NFL.com "WARE TAKES SHOT AT GIANTS!!". Its getting old but people keep falling for it\
most trash talk becomes trash talk via the media. Look at the Jets and the media....they latch onto that circus like leaches. They say the Jets story line is "interesting" which we all know its entertaining more than it is interesting.

tabascocat
09-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Ware is in the top 3 at his position no doubt. For all the pre-game talk, that is just part of it and mostly in good fun. On yall's end, JPP is also a great player, who is best? I don't know or care, glad we each have our own to argue about. JPP has a meaner edge to him and I like that, Ware isn't aggressive enough, it is not part of his nature (more like a giant teddy bear). Ware does change the dynamics of the games often, but the problem is that he does not have much help on the other end of the line.

The negatives for Ware are: lines up off-sides in inopportune times, overruns the play often and lacks aggression. Two of those can be fixed though and the main reason behind it is he is trying to do too much. I am glad we have him, just need better play next to him and he will be that much better. Of his 19.5 sacks, some of you are right, they don't come when a sack is needed most. Last season, I think only 4 sacks came when it was direly needed, but again, he does not have much help. If we had that one other player to accompany him, things would look mightily different in others perception in him. He is a top-notch player and the only guy I would trade him for would be JPP.

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Ware is in the top 3 at his position no doubt. For all the pre-game talk, that is just part of it and mostly in good fun. On yall's end, JPP is also a great player, who is best? I don't know or care, glad we each have our own to argue about. JPP has a meaner edge to him and I like that, Ware isn't aggressive enough, it is not part of his nature (more like a giant teddy bear). Ware does change the dynamics of the games often, but the problem is that he does not have much help on the other end of the line.

The negatives for Ware are: lines up off-sides in inopportune times, overruns the play often and lacks aggression. Two of those can be fixed though and the main reason behind it is he is trying to do too much. I am glad we have him, just need better play next to him and he will be that much better. Of his 19.5 sacks, some of you are right, they don't come when a sack is needed most. Last season, I think only 4 sacks came when it was direly needed, but again, he does not have much help. If we had that one other player to accompany him, things would look mightily different in others perception in him. He is a top-notch player and the only guy I would trade him for would be JPP.

The offisdes penalties are my only complaint. Lacking aggression isn't something I'm going to knock him for, although I agree. No one fears him like they fear James Harrison.

Joe Morrison
09-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Was talking about Sacks on Eli.

Joe Morrison
09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Rex called his brother and said.
"Well, it will have to be your guys who talk CRAP this year, because I just look silly saying anything at this point"
More news from Sirius NFL, Sexy Rexy's brother has never had a top 10 defense.

Medisleman
09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I can't wait until Thursday Morning. When all these cowgirls have to gloriously eat crow.

Eliscruzzz
09-04-2012, 02:49 PM
The offisdes penalties are my only complaint. Lacking aggression isn't something I'm going to knock him for, although I agree. No one fears him like they fear James Harrison. What's the point of watching the game if your not going to get pissed at everything one of your heated rivals say? Ware could say well I'm happy for JPP and I would be pissed that he is talking about a Giant because he is a Cowboy it's just what fans do it might not be bad what he said but he still a Cowboy and to me he shouldn't be saying anything about a Giants especially when he has done won anything.

TroyArcher
09-04-2012, 03:10 PM

He has walked twice to the podium the past 5 years to help hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 03:54 PM
What's the point of watching the game if your not going to get pissed at everything one of your heated rivals say? Ware could say well I'm happy for JPP and I would be pissed that he is talking about a Giant because he is a Cowboy it's just what fans do it might not be bad what he said but he still a Cowboy and to me he shouldn't be saying anything about a Giants especially when he has done won anything.

Maybe enjoying the nuances of the game executed to perfection by the best in the world?

But at least your honest. Some people enjoy games differently. Respect.

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Was talking about Sacks on Eli.

10.5 on Eli in his career.

1.5 last year.

jakegibbs
09-04-2012, 04:04 PM

Every team has the same record right now 0-0. Every team thinks this is their year right now. Every team believes they will get the ring right now. Every team thinks they can win until they get hit in the mouth right now. Once every team get's hit in the mouth ONLY ONE TEAM will get up off the floor, fight back & win it all. That's why they're talking right now. They haven't been hit in the mouth yet. That's coming this Wednesday night.

LET's GET READY TO RUMBLE.....................................

bleeding blue
09-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I saw the Ware interview on NFLN and he said that in general, people who talk also need to walk the walk. Wasn't directed at Kiwi. Just more media adding fuel to the fire

Joe Morrison
09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
10.5 on Eli in his career.

1.5 last year.

I will have to do some research on my own, just heard it and you sound way high, I don't think they would have brought it up if he had 10, will get back to you on that one.

Giants5699
09-04-2012, 05:20 PM
I will have to do some research on my own, just heard it and you sound way high, I don't think they would have brought it up if he had 10, will get back to you on that one.
He is right. I think it might actually be 11.5. Most of them have come on third and way long though.

Ntegrase96
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM

It's mentioned in this article.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/Giants_offensive_line_has_eyes_focused_on_Cowboys_ DeMarcus_Ware.html

It's really not all that impressive of a stat for Ware. 10.5 sacks in 12 games...

And I think most of the sacks have come when the Giants weren't airing the ball out so much.

He only had 1.5 last year and 'both' were in the final game. One, if memory serves correct, was on 3rd and intermediate in the Dallas redzone. The sack forced the Giants to settle for a FG putting them up 24-14.