PDA

View Full Version : Defense?

Antwuan
12-14-2011, 05:29 AM
If this Defense doesn't get it together we could be in trouble. The pass D has not looked good lately. I really hope Tuck & Osi can get healthy so we get more pressure which would help our pass D. I still believe the Giants talent wise have a good defense but im just starting worry about this D. Does anyone here think the D will play better? We need the D to step up heading into the playoffs.

MikeIsaGiant
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Sometimes you wonder what is the reason for this.

1)Injuries?
2) Lack of leadership?
3)Assignments?
4)No talent?

TroyArcher
12-14-2011, 08:25 PM

1)Injuries?
2) Lack of leadership?
3)Assignments?
4)No talent?

1,2,3 and partially 4.

Vtgmenfan89
12-14-2011, 08:28 PM
I've been appalled by the pass d....I can't believe it's as bad as it really is. God awful! I mean this organization has done everything draft wise to solidify the defensive backfield (four 1st rounders and a 2nd...) and they still are playing awful! I think it's time for something new because Fewell clearly hasn't and isn't working. To think I actually supported him at one point makes me slap my forehead real hard.

SPAGS!!! PLEASE COME BACK!! Haha wouldn't that be something? Doubt it happens though. I have a terrible, terrible feeling he will be coaching the eagles D next year.....which would be very very very very very bad for us.

horn27
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I think the dominate performance by JPP the other night will spark this defense and they will play lights out the rest of the way. atleast i hope so. I know i was fired up.

BigBlueFanNJ
12-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Defense we don't need no stinking Deeefense!!

seriously i think i would sit Tuck until the last game of the season if it truly is an injury holding him back maybe he could heal up for the playoffs. I think we could win out the regular season without him but we need him to make a push in the playoffs.

hopefully Osi can come back and play hard for a new contract!

We really need to use the next few games to get prince up to speed/possibly sash

I feel if we could get a 25 to 30% improvement in this defense we could actually make a run.

KP needs to come back and make an impact instead of just being steady and reliable.

Rolle shut the f up and play the game!!!!

Get these rookie LB's head in the game and hope they can take the next step very quick!!

Ross lost cause i think get him out of there!!

My fear is that Fewell just does not have the ability to squeeeze an extra 25 % improvement out of these guys

myles2424
12-14-2011, 08:44 PM

1)Injuries?
2) Lack of leadership?
3)Assignments?
4)No talent?
I don't think injuries is a excuse, every team goes through it....
Leadership is non existent....
Fewell, there's no way we just turned into a crap defense all a sudden....weather he's to blame or not,at this point he's looking like the suspect among other things....
Talent, I think we have great talent all across the board other than LB (except boley) & there's no excuse for that, as long as it's a actual position in professional football than it's important....I hate hearing some people say LBs are the least important position.......
But I do believe we've overrated some guys on this team just because their name or draft position, like it or not, Rolle & Canty are average players getting paid like stars......Phillips is not worthy of all the hype he's received over the years....Tuck disappears like no other.....Goff, even when healthy was barely average....

slipknottin
12-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Footballoutsiders did a little evaluation of the variation of a team from the first three quarters to the fourth quarter.

Giants have the 14th ranked defense for the first three quarters, then drop to th 30th ranked defense in the 4th.

RobCarpenter
12-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Osi has been MIA for most of the season. Is heholding out for a new contract again?</P>

Giantsin04
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM

1)Injuries?
2) Lack of leadership?
3)Assignments?
4)No talent?
I don't think injuries is a excuse, every team goes through it....
Leadership is non existent....
Fewell, there's no way we just turned into a crap defense all a sudden....weather he's to blame or not,at this point he's looking like the suspect among other things....
Talent, I think we have great talent all across the board other than LB (except boley) & there's no excuse for that, as long as it's a actual position in professional football than it's important....I hate hearing some people say LBs are the least important position.......
But I do believe we've overrated some guys on this team just because their name or draft position, like it or not, Rolle & Canty are average players getting paid like stars......Phillips is not worthy of all the hype he's received over the years....Tuck disappears like no other.....Goff, even when healthy was barely average....

"But I do believe we've overrated some guys on this team just because their name or draft position,"

- Well said. So what, our guys can jump higher, run faster and bench press more than most guys out there. When the lights get bright and pressure is on, some guys gain a step and some guys lose a step. Some guys refuse to make mistakes and some guys just put their hands on their hips and look around "who me"

This makes 3 years in a row, under two different coordinators of total embarrassment. All we hear about is talent, talent, talent... We need football players, not the most talented athletes.

RobCarpenter
12-16-2011, 09:33 AM
<DIV id=fb-root>
<SCRIPT src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js" async="true"></SCRIPT>
</DIV>

Defensive improvements have got to start with stopping the run:</P>

"The Giants have allowed more than 100 yards on the ground in nine of their past 11 games and have surrendered 139 rushing yards per contest in that stretch. Rock bottom came when the Saints, considered a pass-first offense, averaged 6.8 yards per carry on their way to 205 rushing yards and three touchdowns on the ground in a 49-24 rout."</P>

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_aiming_to_improve_run_d.html</P>

</P>

nygsb42champs
12-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Osi is still out and Tuck is not 100%. We need to rattle Grossman. We can not let him sit back there and get comfortable. A note to Fewell...BLITZ!!!!

Redeyejedi
12-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Osi is still out and Tuck is not 100%. We need to rattle Grossman. We can not let him sit back there and get comfortable. A note to Fewell...BLITZ!!!!Against this opponent I agree the Giants secondary should not be over matched against these WR's.

buddy33
12-16-2011, 10:00 AM
So it's a lack of talent and injuries are no excuse? Yeah teams have injuries but how many are on their 10th CB and doing well? They are built to rush the passer but their 2 veteran DE's have been hurting all year. When healthy they have loads of talent. The problem is they are not healthy and they have guys compensating for other positions.

daynemustgo
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Does anyone here think the D will play better?

Can only hope but they haven't shown much of anything lately. Seems like it's up to the offense the carry them..fair or not.

RobCarpenter
12-17-2011, 10:51 AM
When healthy they have loads of talent. The problem is they are not healthy and they have guys compensating for other positions.</P>

I think its more than just injuries, although we do miss TT big time in the Secondary. We don't have a decent LB corp (not saying some of the rookies can't eventually develop into good ones) and our Safeties are way over-rated.</P>

jomo
12-17-2011, 10:59 AM
When healthy they have loads of talent. The problem is they are not healthy and they have guys compensating for other positions.</P>

I think its more than just injuries, although we do miss TT big time in the Secondary. We don't have a decent LB corp (not saying some of the rookies can't eventually develop into good ones) and our Safeties are way over-rated.</P>We have plenty of talent to be somewhere in the pack and not ranked 30th. It is deeper than that. Fewell said that "all 11 players got the communication wrong" on the TD ball to Dez Bryant. To me, that means it is on the coaches who failed to teach and prepare the players and develop a strong game plan and communicate it in a way that 11 players don't all get it wrong. It was a damning indictment of himself and his staff (even if he didn't realize it).

GameTime
12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
If this Defense doesn't get it together we could be in trouble. The pass D has not looked good lately. I really hope Tuck &amp; Osi can get healthy so we get more pressure which would help our pass D. I still believe the Giants talent wise have a good defense but im just starting worry about this D. Does anyone here think the D will play better? We need the D to step up heading into the playoffs.</P>

Do Ithink they will?? Yes....I am keeping the faith that they will turn the corner a little bit. Maybe the next three games they can improve each game and hopefully head into the playoffs with some decen defense other thatn JPP....
They want to.....thats for sure. They keep saying they will. They seem to know that they are having communication issues and assignment issues. The say all the right things...</P>

They really really need to shut up and play!!!! This is a good game for them to make take a step forward as a unit. Start with maybe keeping the opposing team from scoring more than 21 points....</P>