PDA

View Full Version : Giants restructure Snee's contract

GiantFanatic55
09-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Giants restructured the contract of Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee, freeing up about $3 million.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Snee was due a base salary of $5.7M this year, per NFLPA records. The $3M reported savings drops him down to a base of $2.7M and gets the Giants under the salary cap before the Wednesday deadline.

GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
snee's redone deal might have been to free up move for a veteran FA...OLine or RB, perhaps?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM
....Love it!

bklyn1028
09-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Giants restructured the contract of Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee, freeing up about $3 million.

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
Snee was due a base salary of $5.7M this year, per NFLPA records. The $3M reported savings drops him down to a base of $2.7M and gets the Giants under the salary cap before the Wednesday deadline.

GiantsWFAN ‏@giantswfan
snee's redone deal might have been to free up move for a veteran FA...OLine or RB, perhaps?

His father-in-law will support him!

CowboysSuck
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Definitely wouldnt be for a veteran RB...

JSpin
09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Definitely wouldnt be for a veteran RB...

yea wth?? maybe he meant cb? we could use one of those lol

Imgrate
09-04-2012, 03:49 PM
All these restructures are going to hurt us in the long run.

fansince69
09-04-2012, 04:27 PM

I am sure Reese and the front office have done their homework and know more than we do....it will be fine

manning to shockey
09-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I am sure Reese and the front office have done their homework and know more than we do....it will be fine

agreed I'm sure Reese has a plan and knows how he's gunna make up for it in the future.

G.I. Ants
09-04-2012, 04:41 PM
All these restructures are going to hurt us in the long run.Restructured contracts happen all the time everywhere in the league.

Imgrate
09-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Restructured contracts happen all the time everywhere in the league.All I know is that snee rolle Webster Eli are all getting a bump in their pay the next few years and we have a bunch of top players needing contracts

gmen0820
09-04-2012, 05:10 PM
yea wth?? maybe he meant cb? we could use one of those lolRB makes sense. We literally have no game experience behind Bradshaw.

Toadofsteel
09-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm going with O-line...

Giants5699
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
they restructured it so they could get under the cap.

Tmurda1984
09-04-2012, 05:28 PM

You are absolutey right. Reese is already planning to lose either Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Osi, or even Phillips very soon...we will be tight against the cap next year as well.

greenca190
09-04-2012, 05:32 PM
You are absolutey right. Reese is already planning to lose either Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Osi, or even Phillips very soon...we will be tight against the cap next year as well.

GM's could simply throw out contracts with guaranteed signing bonus money that is off the books, in Snee, Manning, etc. case. They don't do this because of injury, incentive to play, so on and so forth.

Every GM in the league would love to be able to have the confidence to pay his players in guaranteed signing bonuses.

slipknottin
09-04-2012, 05:46 PM
He had to do this move, giants were 3 mil over the cap.

The team will have to make cuts or restructures in the next couple seasons when the young guys are due for new deals. Rolle, Webster, Canty are all prime suspects to be released. Hate to have it happen, but they will have to make those types of moves if they want to keep the kids

ozzie0075
09-04-2012, 06:09 PM

Its all part of the business. Guys like Cruz turning into stars is a great thing but it not something Reese could of planned on. And Nicks, JPP, Phillips, and Osi becoming some of the best in the NFL at their positions means your not missing when you draft and your staff is doing a great job of developing talent. Some hard decisions will have to be made in the coming years and it will be up Reese to continue to find talent and the fill holes. Most likely those tough decisions will come at the expense of the higher paid vets in order to keep the young talent on the team.

Tuckit91
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
As ESPN's Adam Schefter reported earlier, RG Chris Snee restructured his contract to give the Giants $3 million of salary-cap relief.
A few things:
--It's your basic simple restructure. I'm told they took $4.5 million of Snee's $5.7 million base salary for this season and guaranteed it. That means the $4.5 million gets spread over the final three years of the deal. So the $3 million Schefter mentioned is $1.5 million each in 2013 and 2014.
--As we reminded you in the spring with Eli Manning's restructure, these moves aren't sacrifices on the part of the players at all. In fact, it helps them out, too. Instead of getting the money in installments throughout the season, they get it all right now in the form of a "signing bonus."
--There's some confusion about recent cap reports. ProFootballTalk.com had the Giants at $3.6 million under the cap, but you have to remember that's only the top 51 salaries on the roster. Starting today, all 53 on the active roster, plus those on injured reserve and PUP, count against the cap. The Giants were slightly over and had to get under. Snee helped make that happen.
--I'm told the Giants didn't do the same thing with DT Chris Canty, who is owed a base salary of $6 million. We'll see if they touched CB Corey Webster's $6.5 million.