PDA

View Full Version : Past still Haunts John Mara

jakegibbs
09-04-2012, 02:28 PM
John Mara relishing NY Giants' current success, but dark era from 1964-80 when team had winning record just twice still haunts him

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/john-mara-relishing-ny-giants-current-success-dark-era-haunts-article-1.1151189#ixzz25WjW94Zi

Man oh man can I still remember those years too. Sends a cold chill down my spine. Let's hope we as Giant fans don't have to go through that stretch of years ever again right?

fansince69
09-04-2012, 02:33 PM
John Mara relishing NY Giants' current success, but dark era from 1964-80 when team had winning record just twice still haunts him

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/john-mara-relishing-ny-giants-current-success-dark-era-haunts-article-1.1151189#ixzz25WjW94Zi

Man oh man can I still remember those years too. Sends a cold chill down my spine. Let's hope we as Giant fans don't have to go through that stretch of years ever again right?

Those years made me a better Giant fan...I lived and died with those teams as a kid....being the only Giant fan in our neighborhood........When I was 26 they finally won the big game......all those years of suffering finally seemed worth it............It is easy to be a fan when your team is winning....it is the fans that suffer through the bad years that truly measure your devotion

jakegibbs
09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Those years made me a better Giant fan...I lived and died with those teams as a kid....being the only Giant fan in our neighborhood........When I was 26 they finally won the big game......all those years of suffering finally seemed worth it............It is easy to be a fan when your team is winning....it is the fans that suffer through the bad years that truly measure your devotion

I grew up in the 50's expecting the NYG's to win the NFL Championship each & every year. Charlie Conerly, then YA were QB's had great defense & offensive stars. The came the mid 60's & it all went down the tubs. The 70's were awful too. Good grief has time flyed by. Go Giants Go don't turn back the hands of time @ least until my clock finally runs out. Kinda selfish I guess right?

Toadofsteel
09-04-2012, 05:06 PM
I may not know what that feeling is like, but I was born in 1988... I don't remember either of the Parcells-era super bowls. My first memory of QB was Dave Brown. Seeing Eli take down an otherwise-undefeated Patriots team made it feel worth it as well.

Evo'Ed
09-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I can't imagine how those years must have felt like.

Much respect to the die hard fans that endured that stretch.

Luckily I was just old enough to remember 86 and of course the 3 subsequent championships.

Puts things in perspective.

Martyr
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
You cant enjoy the good times without the bad.