PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Fans see Game 1 vs. The Giants as their Superbowl

JB456
09-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Wow, the pride of that fanbase has fallen. Its crazy how many of them agree with the OP too. How can you comparing game 1 of the season to the Superbowl?

Check the thread out:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=242116

bklyn1028
09-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Wow, the pride of that fanbase has fallen. Its crazy how many of them agree with the OP too. How can you comparing game 1 of the season to the Superbowl?

Check the thread out:

I just left that thread. Some of them there feel the OP is right, some don't, because there will be 15 games left. Not so much their pride has fallen, as hopefully Romo will take them back to their days of glory.

tabascocat
Don't let a few forum fans portray that image to you like that. I see in that thread the majority say it is a big game, but not the Superbowl. This is in no way a SB type game, but it is a big one that will be the table setter for the season. You are lying to yourself if you do not think it is a big game either. If we win just one against yas last year, we win the division. So, this first one is a big one, our division always comes down to the end and any win is a good one, no matter what week it is.

On a side note, the Boys are 5-0 on opening night in NY, just food for thought :)

Marvelousmik
only 1 fan said that.. this title is misleading

Giant stuck in Texas
09-04-2012, 03:08 PM
You should try having them as your neighbor, co-worker, or everyday acquaintances. lol

CowboysSuck
09-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Actually most of them disagreed with the OP in terms of it being even close to "super-bowl esque"

However, it is pretty amusing that we seem to be #1 on the feared opponents list. Love it. Get em GIANTS!!!

JB456
09-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I understand where you are coming from but it just seems absolutely ludicrous to me to compare the 1st game of the season to the Superbowl.

I just think the victory tomorrow will be that much sweeter since it will crush so many Cowboy fans spirits since they lost the “Superbowl”.

GameTime
09-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Just fan rivalry and how much beating the Giants at this point in time means to them emotionally. Jerry got them all pumped up so they react accordingly.
No big deal really.

JB456
09-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Just fan rivalry and how much beating the Giants at this point in time means to them emotionally. Jerry got them all pumped up so they react accordingly.
No big deal really.

Of course it isn't a big deal but you have to admit that game one of the season being compared to the Superbowl is pretty amusing.

Also, the Cowboys beefed up their secondary and interior line for the purpose of defeating the Giants. If this isn't a feel good story, I don't know what is...

bklyn1028
09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I understand where you are coming from but it just seems absolutely ludicrous to me to compare the 1st game of the season to the Superbowl.

I just think the victory tomorrow will be that much sweeter since it will crush so many Cowboy fans spirits since they lost the “Superbowl”.

The comparison is somewhat similar to TC last year when we first played the boys in week 15(?), that it was just about a playoff game. The OP is saying that this opening game with both teams has strong implications. Just an emotionally charged game. Think about it if we lose, we look like last year was lucky, if they lose, then Romo is worthless. or something to that effect.

jakegibbs
09-04-2012, 03:23 PM

Check the thread out:

Every game the NYG's play is like a SB to me anyway going all the way back to 1951. I'm relieved & filled with joy when they win & sick as a dog, depressed & mad as you know what, when they lose. Can't help it. It's what I'm made of I guess. GO BLUE!!!

GMan-67
09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
i honestly think the Cowboys would be better off losing this game .... if they win, then the media will be back on their bandwagon and all their fair-weather fans will come out of the closet and then

next thing you know, some of their players will start believing the hype again and then everything starts falling apart for them

so the Boys should thank us if we beat them

JB456
09-04-2012, 03:34 PM
The comparison is somewhat similar to TC last year when we first played the boys in week 15(?), that it was just about a playoff game. The OP is saying that this opening game with both teams has strong implications. Just an emotionally charged game. Think about it if we lose, we look like last year was lucky, if they lose, then Romo is worthless. or something to that effect.

I think that comparison had more merit since it was week 17 and the loser would be eliminated from the playoffs. For me, there is an astronomical difference between a simple playoff game and the Superbowl. To even mention the word Superbowl and game one of the regular season just seems outrageous.

I wasn’t trying to open up a debate when I created this thread. I just thought it would be a crushing defeat for the Dallas fanbase if they lose. And I think we both agree that there will be a lot of miserable Dallas fans if they lose.

bklyn1028
09-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I think that comparison had more merit since it was week 17 and the loser would be eliminated from the playoffs. For me, there is an astronomical difference between a simple playoff game and the Superbowl. To even mention the word Superbowl and game one of the regular season just seems outrageous.

I wasn’t trying to open up a debate when I created this thread. I just thought it would be a crushing defeat for the Dallas fanbase if they lose. And I think we both agree that there will be a lot of miserable Dallas fans if they lose.

You are absolutely correct. I think the Dallas fanbase will be mortified if they lose, more so than us. We'll not be happy, but it's week one, lets move on. If we beat them again 3x in a row, they will probably wanna string Romo through the rafters, or hay stacks or whatever they call stuff like that in cow country.

FBomb
09-04-2012, 03:52 PM
I can't wait to crush all their dreams!!!!!:lmao:

bklyn1028
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Regardless the outcome, it's gonna be one helluva game! Just the anticipation is incredible.
I'm in their thread now, and they're a nice bunch of guys (or girls if there are any).

Toadofsteel
09-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I can't imagine how the cowboys fanbase feels at how badly they want to beat us.

Oh, wait, I can... it's like how much I want to crush Philly and end Michael Vick's career. So I guess us beating them so much makes them want to beat us for a change.

StrahanTheMan
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I just rewatched the game where JPP dominated and man am I excited.

Long time reader/longer time fan and couldn't resist signing up on these fancy new boards.

Looking forward to another great season with another fantastic fan base.

miked1958
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Regardless the outcome, it's gonna be one helluva game! Just the anticipation is incredible.I'm in their thread now, and they're a nice bunch of guys (or girls if there are any).I don't think it should be equated to a SB by them, lol. However, it's not just any opening game. It's a divisional Rival. You don't want to come out of the gate and right off the bat you are behind the 8 ball being 0-1 in NFCE

UmenYiourAnIdiot
09-04-2012, 08:13 PM
On a side note, the Boys are 5-0 on opening night in NY, just food for thought :)

"Since the NFL began the tradition of having the Super Bowl winner host the first game of the season a few days in advance of Sunday (usually it’s a Thursday, but the Democratic National Convention nudged the Giants to a Wednesday this year), the defending champions are 8-0."

Food for thought. :)

BParcells777
09-04-2012, 08:19 PM
They do not seem to be panicing to me......they were one overthrown pass from taking the division last year

I do not take them lightly

BigBlue1971
09-04-2012, 08:30 PM
I just rewatched the game where JPP dominated and man am I excited.

Long time reader/longer time fan and couldn't resist signing up on these fancy new boards.

Looking forward to another great season with another fantastic fan base.

and JPP may do that same thing tomorrow!

with the d-line and its personnel the plays and schemes Fewell designs is probably unlimited!

Sundown
09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I looked at other threads on their site and these fools don't think Nicks is elite and Carr will be shadowing Cruz to the point he'll be contained.

appodictic
09-04-2012, 11:02 PM

Check the thread out:

I guess they have not yet realized that the cowboys DONT do well under pressure, so hyping up game 1 is not a great strategy to winning it.

VegasGmen
09-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Pretty hilarious that most of their fans talk about how the media downplays them and won't give them any props...lol

JB456
09-05-2012, 09:50 AM
The big day is finally here and Tony Romo has led his team to the only Superbowl he will ever play in, one in which every team is invited to play (The 1st game of the season).

Now, whats the over/under on Sacks Romo will eat. I'm saying 4...

Ntegrase96
09-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Pretty hilarious that most of their fans talk about how the media downplays them and won't give them any props...lol

It is pretty funny... however, every single fan base is like that. At least, every board that I post on from time to time (here, Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Texans, Falcons, Bears, etc...)

lgwgiantlov
09-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Went to sleep last night feeling so depressed...and woke up the same way. I know in my gut Big Blue will eventually get it all together later on
as they always do...especially when Eli gets going...but what really bothers me is not having Manningham and Jacobs. Anyone else feel the loss of these
guys just might have an impact?

RichGiants81
09-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Don't let a few forum fans portray that image to you like that. I see in that thread the majority say it is a big game, but not the Superbowl. This is in no way a SB type game, but it is a big one that will be the table setter for the season. You are lying to yourself if you do not think it is a big game either. If we win just one against yas last year, we win the division. So, this first one is a big one, our division always comes down to the end and any win is a good one, no matter what week it is.

Nice five and o in opening night in NY, what's their playoff record looking like since aikman left??
On a side note, the Boys are 5-0 on opening night in NY, just food for thought :)[/QUOTE]

tabascocat
09-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Nice five and o in opening night in NY, what's their playoff record looking like since aikman left??
On a side note, the Boys are 5-0 on opening night in NY, just food for thought :)[/QUOTE]

Nice comeback Rich, did it take all day to think of that? I want to see something original :)

RichGiants81
09-07-2012, 04:35 AM
Nice comeback Rich, did it take all day to think of that? I want to see something original :)[/QUOTE]

No I thought of it right away actually because the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Dallas is a bunch of over hyped losers who haven't won anything since the glory days 20 years ago. I'm not trying to crack original jokes to amuse you, I'm stating facts. Until Dallas wins two rings in five or six years, there is zero comparison between the two teams. The giants played miserably last night and still had a chance to win in the end. Dallas on the other hand played their hearts out and barely won. If I was a cowboys fan, I wouldn't be soiling my knickers over that win