PDA

View Full Version : Do we really need Nicks until the Eagles game?

BParcells777
09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I think he has to take a seat.....I do not like this sore foot talk one bit.....take your time Hakeem.....your starting spot is not going away

We need you for the playoff run

slipknottin
09-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Need him every game. He is the best receiver the giants have ever had.

BParcells777
09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
not if he risks the season........I think we can handle the Cowpokes without him

Our pass rush alone should dictate this game

Drez
09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I think he has to take a seat.....I do not like this sore foot talk one bit.....take your time Hakeem.....your starting spot is not going away

And if we lose an early game to a divisional rival, who's to say we make the playoffs?

We need Nicks every game in which he is physically capable of playing.

GameTime
09-04-2012, 09:49 PM
nah....I am not from that school of thought. Its a div game vs Dallas on opening day. SB ceramony and banner hanging. Plus if he can play effective then he has to play.

Eliscruzzz
09-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Yes Dallas is not a gimme win we need Nicks to free up Cruz he demands double coverage!!!

Diamondring
09-04-2012, 10:16 PM

We need you for the playoff runI'm right with you. I also think that it is important to see what Barden brings to the table or Reuban. Nicks please listen to BParcells777 please Nicks, coaches and medical staff.

JSpin
09-04-2012, 10:29 PM

yes! he's my fantasy wideout we need him every game

BigBlue1971
09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
yes! he's my fantasy wideout we need him every game

lol. i have him in a coupla leagues as well!

seriously opening game of season, div game and home game he has to play.

if the doctors cleared him hes ready!

bebil10
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
I think several people on this post forget we were 9-7 last year and a loss away from not having the chance to play for it at all. While this team is good ,with the schedule we are not shoe ins, we can't be just sitting people because they are a bit banged up we need guys who can playing and making a difference.

JJC7301
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
And if we lose an early game to a divisional rival, who's to say we make the playoffs?

We need Nicks every game in which he is physically capable of playing.
+1. And the Cowboys are not push overs. Their secondary is improved and while their OL is nothing great, neither is ours -- for the 2nd year in a row and trying to repeat.

I believe that we'll win this game, but wouldn't be shocked if we didn't. The Giants REALLY need this game with the schedule that they have. I do believe that game # 1 is a must-win game.

If our OL had been improved and if we had MM there again, I'd feel a lot more comfortable. But we're also waiting to see who steps up as the # 3, as well as seeing how Nicks is with his injury.

SackingMyths
09-04-2012, 11:10 PM
I doubt he's at any risk of breaking it again b/c he rushed back. It's just a matter of pain tolerance. Eventually it'll subside.

I've had to rush back from a broken foot when it clearly hadn't healed yet, and zipped all around for hours doing manual labor. It would eventually go numb after I was on it for an hour or so moving around, and then it didn't even hurt.

No issues at all came from it--it just ached afterward (and only for the first few weeks).

I think he'll be fine. He's a tough dude and the coaches and medical staff wouldn't put him in harms way.

RoanokeFan
09-05-2012, 01:40 AM

He wants to play, TC says he's likely to play and he's been cleared by the medical folks. That doens't mean he will or even intend to play the entire game.

gmen0820
09-05-2012, 01:43 AM
I traded Nicks from my FF team, so no, rest him to get him to full strength.

miked1958
09-05-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm right with you. I also think that it is important to see what Barden brings to the table or Reuban. Nicks please listen to BParcells777 please Nicks, coaches and medical staff.Going to have to agree with you and the original poster on this. Just because it's the home opener vs a hated div rival doesn't mean you should rush him and cause a huge set back. Let him practice with team limited and rest it for next 3 weeks and make the primetime game vs eagles be his goal for a return. That way we get to have him for the long haul

GMan-67
09-05-2012, 04:32 AM
haha, oh if only old time football players could read this thread ... if we went with the sore theory, by Week 3 every single Giant would be unavailable to play

Marvelousmik
09-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Need him every game. He is the best receiver the giants have ever had.

You think hes better than cruz? I feel like cruz is almost unstoppable

Diamondring
09-05-2012, 05:28 AM
haha, oh if only old time football players could read this thread ... if we went with the sore theory, by Week 3 every single Giant would be unavailable to playBut Nicks just came back from an injury though and that soar thing may be a sign. Giants are loaded with talent
and Nicks needs to be rested for at least two more weeks. If the Giants don't make it this year, then they have next year. I want a healthy effective Nicks for long term.

Captain Chaos
09-05-2012, 05:37 AM
Can't imagine they would play him if it threatened his season, I think they may be giving him a rest similarly to the way they would do with Bradshaw when his feet were bothering him. I believe he will and should play.

GMan-67
09-05-2012, 06:49 AM
But Nicks just came back from an injury though and that soar thing may be a sign. Giants are loaded with talent
and Nicks needs to be rested for at least two more weeks. If the Giants don't make it this year, then they have next year. I want a healthy effective Nicks for long term.

i don't disagree we have talent and Eli can make use out of just about anyone, but our 4 primary targets last season were Nicks, Cruz, Ballard and Manningham ... so we'd be down to 1 of those ... not really the best way to play a huge game, IMO