PDA

View Full Version : Injured Reserve.. anyone designated to return?

bbdynasty
09-04-2012, 08:31 PM
I was hoping T2 or Shaun rogers would be designated to return.. both those positions need good depth and i think that is what we could have with those two. Does anybody know if one of them is coming back?

Drez
09-04-2012, 08:34 PM
No. Both were placed on season ending IR.

bbdynasty
09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
i know theyre on the IR, but i was wondering if the giants would use the new rule to bring someone back week 6

Drez
09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Nope. They had to be on the active roster on cut-down day, and we would have had to wait until today I believe to place them on the temp IR. Both were placed on IR as roster moves to get down to 53. As such, they cannot be designated to return to play this season.

bbdynasty
09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
well thats a shame. wondering now about that snee contract restructure... maybe a sign of veteran cb help? are there any decent FA cbs?

Drez
09-04-2012, 08:43 PM
We restructured Snee because we were 700k over the cap and like to keep a couple million free in case we need to make an in season moves.

bbdynasty
09-04-2012, 08:50 PM
lol i guess you have all the answers, i knew we were over the cap, i just figured that since we're about 2M under now, that could indicate something... thanks for actually replying lol

tonyt830
09-04-2012, 10:36 PM
well thats a shame. wondering now about that snee contract restructure... maybe a sign of veteran cb help? are there any decent FA cbs?

We restructured Snee because we were 700k over the cap and like to keep a couple million free in case we need to make an in season moves.I would hope that the extra money under the cap can be for a possible O-line upgrade, should we need it in the coming weeks. But glad Snee was able to restructure. I wonder if the Giants try to restructure Canty or Rolle next?

Drez
09-04-2012, 11:06 PM
I would hope that the extra money under the cap can be for a possible O-line upgrade, should we need it in the coming weeks. But glad Snee was able to restructure. I wonder if the Giants try to restructure Canty or Rolle next?
Rolle restructured last year, so I doubt it. Not sure about Canty. But, remember, the restructured portions of their contracts just get pushed forward. So, even if Canty restructured this year, let's say converted $3m to signing bonus, that means his cap number increases between $1m-$1.5m over the rest of his contract.

I doubt the extra money by restructuring Snee goes towards anything. We need cash on hand for in season signings in case anyone gets injured.

slipknottin
09-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Giants are right at the cap, they have less than 500k in room.

fizzlesticks
09-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Nope. They had to be on the active roster on cut-down day, and we would have had to wait until today I believe to place them on the temp IR. Both were placed on IR as roster moves to get down to 53. As such, they cannot be designated to return to play this season.

There was an exception to the rule that they need to be on the active roster for this year since the new IR rule came so late.

Drez
09-04-2012, 11:17 PM
There was an exception to the rule that they need to be on the active roster for this year since the new IR rule came so late.

The exception was that you could take a player that you put on IR (prior to the NFLPA agreeing to the new rule) off and re-add them to your active roster for cut down day, so you could then put them back on temp IR now.

Drez
09-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Giants are right at the cap, they have less than 500k in room.
Even after the Snee restructure?

I wonder how many guys on IR get injury settlements to free up some cap room.